PDA

View Full Version : Steelers go all-out to get free-agent TE Ladarius Green from Chargers

stillers4me
03-10-2016, 05:09 PM
The Steelers put on the full-court press to land free agent tight Ladarius Green Wednesday. Coach Mike Tomlin and general manager Kevin Colbert flew to Green’s hometown of Pensacola, Fla. on the first day of free agency and persuaded the former San Diego Charger to play for the Steelers.

Green had some offers to sign with other teams, but the positive vibes he got from Tomlin and Colbert, along with $20 million over four years, were enough to persuade him to sign with the Steelers after spending the past four years as the backup to Antonio Gates in San Diego.

“I had some [offers], but everyone knows the Steelers, the history behind the team,” Green said. “Everybody has seen the offense as well. It wasn’t too hard of a choice.”

Green learned first-hand about the loyal following of the Steelers when they played the Chargers in San Diego in Week 5. There were so many Steelers fans at Qualcomm Stadium that the Chargers had to use a silent count on offense.

“Did I notice?” Green asked, playfully. “I think everyone noticed the number of Steelers fans out there. When you saw the towels in there it was pretty bad for us because we had to go on silent count. We knew they were there.”..........

read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/03/10/Pittsburgh-Steelers-go-all-out-to-get-free-agent-tight-end-Ladarius-Green-from-San-Diego-Chargers/stories/201603100182

Psycho Ward 86
03-10-2016, 05:23 PM
wow i didnt realize they actually flew to his house. thats a serious catcall