PDA

View Full Version : LB Terence Garvin Fails to Receive Restricted Tender from Steelers

Psycho Ward 86
03-09-2016, 05:59 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/lb-terence-garvin-fails-to-receive-restricted-tender-from-steelers/

sounds like were losing one of our best special teamers. not sure if he could ever play defense, but i remember Keith Butler saying he could be a good starter in this league. Spence seems like he could end up way out of our pay range too. We have one more season with Williams. I wonder what happens there.
Moats can play inside as well as outside right?

salamander
03-09-2016, 06:01 PM
I liked Garvin as a depth guy.

Dwinsgames
03-09-2016, 06:03 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/lb-terence-garvin-fails-to-receive-restricted-tender-from-steelers/

sounds like were losing one of our best special teamers. not sure if he could ever play defense, but i remember Keith Butler saying he could be a good starter in this league. Spence seems like he could end up way out of our pay range too. We have one more season with Williams. I wonder what happens there.
Moats can play inside as well as outside right?

enter LJ Fort from the practice squad and Jordan Zumwaldt .

Moats played inside /outside for the Bills

hawaiiansteeler
03-09-2016, 06:05 PM

it'll be interesting to see if we re-sign Spence and/or extend Timmons after not tendering Garvin. if we don't, we may well be drafting another ILB this year.

Reggie Ragland in Round 1? :stirthepot: :poker:

steelreserve
03-09-2016, 06:21 PM
My main memory from Garvin last season was him lining up in a goal line situation 1-on-1 against some athletic pass-catching tight end like Rob Gronkowski or Jimmy Graham, and having absolutely no chance to make a play, on what ended up being the game-winning touchdown. Special-teams ace, ok, but I do not want to count on him playing LB even as a backup.

I hope we can get Spence back. Normally I'm of the mind that everyone knows it's a business, and the teams don't owe the players anything, and the players don't owe the team anything; that's just how it is. But after the way we bent over backwards to save that guy's career, he'd fucking better cut us some slack if we offer him anything reasonable.

edit: If Spence leaves, it's not the end of the world; I mean, we still have Timmons and Shazier with Williams as a backup. We'd just be smart to add another guy for depth, or maybe Moats can be first off the bench for both positions if need be.

86WARD
03-09-2016, 06:34 PM
Meh...

Born2Steel
03-09-2016, 06:59 PM
ST players are important too. Especially if you want to send a message to a division rival via their punter's face.