PDA

View Full Version : Athletic defensive lineman Jihad Ward an intriguing option for Steelers

stillers4me
02-27-2016, 07:36 AM
Jihad Ward, a former wide receiver turned defensive lineman from Illinois, already has been under the watchful eye, not to mention a verbal prodding, of Steelers coach Mike Tomlin.

With Tomlin watching him go through drills on the field at the Senior Bowl, Ward said Tomlin was in his ear, saying “Let’s go 17,” pushing him to do even better.

“He was so pumped up, I guess,” said Ward, who wore No. 17 at Illinois. “He loves defensive linemen. It was a blessing to see him. He was excited to see us hitting the bag and getting off the ball. It was a good moment.”..........

Read more @ http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/02/27/Athletic-defensive-lineman-Jihad-Ward-an-intriguing-option-for-Steelers-Illinois-Fighting-Illini/stories/201602270044

Cyphon25
02-27-2016, 08:05 AM
We will definitely be adding depth there so he could be the guy deeper in the draft. This may actually be the year we go DB in the first again. Seems like it is potentially lining up that way for us.

katmandu
02-27-2016, 11:06 AM
This may actually be the year we go DB in the first again. Seems like it is potentially lining up that way for us.I've learned not to get my hopes up concerning the Draft.

No matter how we all slice and dice it, Colbert and Tomlin always do something completely unexpected.

Every single year without fail.

Drazo85
02-27-2016, 11:38 AM
I've learned not to get my hopes up concerning the Draft.

No matter how we all slice and dice it, Colbert and Tomlin always do something completely unexpected.

Except when they drafted Jarvis Jones...

fansince'76
02-27-2016, 01:15 PM
Who names their kid "Jihad?" :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
02-27-2016, 01:22 PM
Who names their kid "Jihad?" :chuckle:

Better question: I wonder how tired he is of answering this question about a name his parents gave him :lol:

steelreserve
02-27-2016, 01:51 PM
I've learned not to get my hopes up concerning the Draft.

This is not rocket science. I expect them to draft a linebacker every year, unless there is something so obvious that it's the equivalent of someone holding a gun to their head while shouting at them through a megaphone 3 inches from their face. So far, they have rarely disappointed.

GBMelBlount
02-27-2016, 08:08 PM
Quiet, humble and religious, Ward is surprised at the attention. :hmm:

If he plays for the Steelers I don't care what religion he is as long as he explodes through opposing lines instead of just standing there and self destructing...:uhoh:

hawaiiansteeler
02-27-2016, 10:43 PM
Jihad needs to spend some time in the weight room with Deebo, he only did 20 reps in the bench press today...

lipps83
02-27-2016, 10:47 PM
Jihad needs to spend some time in the weight room with Deebo, he only did 20 reps in the bench press today...

That would be pretty good........for a wide receiver.

Psycho Ward 86
02-28-2016, 01:14 AM
If he plays for the Steelers I don't care what religion he is as long as he explodes through opposing lines instead of just standing there and self destructing...:uhoh:

yikes

fansince'76
02-28-2016, 05:23 AM

Just what we need - a Jarvis Jones for the DL. May as well just keep "Dirty Dick" around...

GBMelBlount
02-28-2016, 05:56 AM
Just what we need - a Jarvis Jones for the DL. May as well just keep "Dirty Dick" around...

If I am not mistaken Jones was weak AND slow at the combine. A very desirable combination....for opposing teams.

There are so many good defensive lineman in this draft I would be doubly pissed if we we drafted another Jones for the DL.

This could be one of the last drafts that has an opportunity to seriously contribute during Ben's tenure.

hawaiiansteeler
02-28-2016, 03:45 PM
That would be pretty good........for a wide receiver.

Oklahoma wide receiver Sterling Shepard (who is 5-foot-10, 194 pounds, about 100 lbs lighter than Jihad Ward) also put up 20 bench presses.

SteelerFanInStl
02-28-2016, 08:14 PM

I have no use for a DL who can only put up 20 reps.