PDA

View Full Version : James Harrison, 38, will play out final year of his contract

polamalubeast
02-16-2016, 01:48 PM
Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker James Harrison is set to return for a 13th season at age 38.

"He's under contract for one more year," agent Bill Parise told ESPN. "We plan to honor that."

Harrison, who's due $1.25 million next year, recorded seven sacks in 18 games including the playoffs.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14787102/pittsburgh-steelers-linebacker-james-harrison-says-return-13th-season-2016

Drazo85
02-16-2016, 01:53 PM
:yay3:

tube517
02-16-2016, 02:19 PM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/d4/b6/ae/d4b6aec7e8c82bd98c5e01d35439e094.jpg

zulater
02-16-2016, 02:35 PM
Good! I think he still has something to give to this team. And as I believe next year could culminate in a Super Bowl run, I really want him to be part of it and get his third ring.

Funny enough as much as I wanted this team to keep winning this year when they did lose to Denver part me of said now at least LeVeon Bell can be part of what's happening. Now I understand tomorrow's never guaranteed but if we do put together a better defensive backfield and have a little bit better luck on the health front next season could be epic! Adding further the last two Super Bowls were nice. But they were flawed. We didn't play our best game in SB XL and then John Madden made it worse by his uneven coverage of the game and only seeing the questionable calls (most of which really weren't) that went against the Seahawks. I never even watch the highlights of that game when it comes on. The win over the Cardinals while an exciting finish still leaves one wanting more. I think the Steelers played that game too much not to lose and almost ended up doing just that.

So in conclusion it would be nice if this team fulfilled it's potential on both sides of the ball and throughout an entire playoff run fr the first time since 79.

ALLD
02-16-2016, 02:37 PM
They need to put him in at TE the next time we play the Bungles after Birthdefect gets back.

polamalubeast
02-16-2016, 02:44 PM
Good! I think he still has something to give to this team. And as I believe next year could culminate in a Super Bowl run, I really want him to be part of it and get his third ring.

Funny enough as much as I wanted this team to keep winning this year when they did lose to Denver part me of said now at least LeVeon Bell can be part of what's happening. Now I understand tomorrow's never guaranteed but if we do put together a better defensive backfield and have a little bit better luck on the health front next season could be epic! Adding further the last two Super Bowls were nice. But they were flawed. We didn't play our best game in SB XL and then John Madden made it worse by his uneven coverage of the game and only seeing the questionable calls (most of which really weren't) that went against the Seahawks. I never even watch the highlights of that game when it comes on. The win over the Cardinals while an exciting finish still leaves one wanting more. I think the Steelers played that game too much not to lose and almost ended up doing just that.

So in conclusion it would be nice if this team fulfilled it's potential on both sides of the ball and throughout an entire playoff run fr the first time since 79.

It's hard to win a Super Bowl, but it's even harder to be dominant for 3-4 playoffs games in a row now.

Since at least 10-15 years, almost every Champions had need luck in the playoffs.

Rotorhead
02-16-2016, 03:43 PM
I am glad he is back for his last season, give just that much more incentive to win for the old guys. Gives one more season for him to help bulk up JJ also. One more season of leadership and work ethic.

zulater
02-16-2016, 03:44 PM
It's hard to win a Super Bowl, but it's even harder to be dominant for 3-4 playoffs games in a row now.

Since at least 10-15 years, almost every Champions had need luck in the playoffs.

I get that. But I still think in Ben's career we can get that one year where it all falls in place and we maintain an excellent level of play on both sides of the ball through an entire season and post season.

In 05 I think Ben was overcome with the Super Bowl yips for much of that game. But overall that was a pretty special team and great playoff run through the AFC.

In 08 we were great on defense and very erratic on offense through the season. No running game to speak of and a limited offensive line.

polamalubeast
02-16-2016, 04:57 PM

Hawkman
02-16-2016, 05:10 PM

I know there were some pitiful moments in the game against the Cardinals, but it had one of the greatest offensive moments and one of the great defensive moments in Superbowl history.......by the winning team.......and Harrison made one of them.

zulater
02-16-2016, 05:10 PM

In other words let's skip out on OTA's and then decide to come back! :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
02-16-2016, 05:12 PM
wouldn't it be awesome if the Steelers could send Deebo into retirement with a Super Bowl victory like we did with The Bus? :tt02:

86WARD
02-17-2016, 04:59 AM
Do it for the Silverback!

86WARD
02-17-2016, 05:05 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/02/16/Steelers-GM-Kevin-Colbert-believes-James-Harrison-will-return-in-2016/stories/201602160216

Steeldude
02-17-2016, 03:26 PM
This time use him more often. He should have been used in 95% of the plays against Denver. Keep Jones on the bench. Use Chickillo as the sub.

smokin3000gt
02-18-2016, 08:58 AM
wouldn't it be awesome if the Steelers could send Deebo into retirement with a Super Bowl victory like we did with The Bus? :tt02:

and the franchise sack record!

Born2Steel
02-18-2016, 11:52 AM
Nice.

hawaiiansteeler
02-18-2016, 02:22 PM
and the franchise sack record!

Deebo would never admit to this, but getting the all-time Steelers franchise sack record has to be an overriding reason to return for one more season...

Craic
02-18-2016, 02:29 PM
In other words let's skip out on OTA's and then decide to come back! :lol:

LMAO.

Of course, it'd be more like: let's skip OTAs and spend the time in the gym, then decide to come back.

zulater
02-20-2016, 05:39 PM
Deebo would never admit to this, but getting the all-time Steelers franchise sack record has to be an overriding reason to return for one more season...

If it isn't yet hopefully someone with some influence over James is whispering about it in his ear. It's still not a given he's coming back after all. Just a strong lean. So anything that tips that lean all the way over into coming back I'm all for! :thumbsup:

And besides do any Steeler fan want to recognize Jason Gildon as the all time Steelers sack leader? Please come back James just to put a proper name at the top of that category! :pray:

Lady Steel
02-21-2016, 05:22 AM
Who woulda thunk Heath would have retired before Deebo? Or did he? Okay, now I'm sooooo confused! :huh::willy::lol:

Hey, this is a cute smiley... :hippo: Is it new? I don't recall seeing it before.

tube517
02-21-2016, 06:33 AM
Who woulda thunk Heath would have retired before Deebo? Or did he? Okay, now I'm sooooo confused! :huh::willy::lol:

Hey, this is a cute smiley... :hippo: Is it new? I don't recall seeing it before.
Long story about that smiley. It involves cool shades, poker, 007, and flatulence hippos[emoji38]

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk