PDA

View Full Version : Former Steeler Santonio Holmes offers high praise of Ben Roethlisberger

86WARD
02-13-2016, 05:26 AM
guy that isn’t afraid to tell it like it is, is former Steeler wide receiver Santonio Holmes. Holmes won a Super Bowl MVP with Roethlisberger as his quarterback and understands just how special a player he is. And wasn’t afraid to talk about it in this piece from nj.com.

"How do you consider [Roethlisberger] an underrated player? Because he doesn’t get the same attention as Peyton Manning or Tom Brady? I would never compare Roethlisberger to any of those guys because, in all respect, he’s 10 times better than those guys because of the attitude and the tenacity that he brings to the game more than any other quarterback. The guy’s been hit by a car. And, basically, dismantled himself and wanted to play six weeks later. Things like that, that just don’t happen for a normal person. But to be able to have that kind of attitude and drive to want to do any and everything for his team, injury after injury, I want him on my team."

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2016/02/12/former-steeler-santonio-holmes-offers-high-praise-of-ben-roethlisberger/

86WARD
02-13-2016, 05:28 AM
I still think this is another player that could have been special in a Steelers uniform had he kept his shit together.

polamalubeast
02-13-2016, 06:51 AM
Santonio was far to be the best WR in the NFL when he was with the Steelers but he was very clutch on mutiple occasion.

ALLD
02-13-2016, 07:02 AM
Holmes used to smoke DBs in the playoffs. How high could he have gone had he stayed in Pittsburgh?

fansince'76
02-13-2016, 07:29 AM
I still think this is another player that could have been special in a Steelers uniform had he kept his shit together.

Yep. I refuse to bash Holmes, because unlike Plexispike, he never badmouthed Pittsburgh or the Steelers after he left.

tube517
02-13-2016, 07:58 AM
http://www.suburra.com/images%20-%20PD%20blog/Weedies%20WEB%201109.jpg Unlike other former Steeler WR's who leave and bash Ben.....Sandoobio knows he had a real QB early in his career

steel striker
02-13-2016, 10:30 AM
Tone made huge plays in that great Super Bowl run in 2008 and, it is damn shame that he could not keep it together like mentioned by many others.

Devilsdancefloor
02-13-2016, 04:02 PM

He had it all going until he started waking and baking

Skinart82
02-14-2016, 08:27 AM
Holmes used to smoke DBs in the playoffs. How high could he have gone had he stayed in Pittsburgh?

I see what you did there!

Kittyfish
02-15-2016, 07:26 PM
I was watching one of those NFL's Greatest Games episodes featuring Super Bowl 43 the other day and was struck by just how outstanding a player Santonio was, truly amazing. He looked a whole helluva lot like AB out there - making unbelievable catches, pretty much uncoverable. It's sad to think of what could have been, and of such enormous talent being wasted (as it were - believe it or not, pun entirely unintended!).

polamalubeast
02-15-2016, 07:29 PM
Yep. I refuse to bash Holmes, because unlike Plexispike, he never badmouthed Pittsburgh or the Steelers after he left.

And Holmes has help the steelers to win a super bowl.Holmes has make a huge play in each game in the playoffs in 2008.