PDA

View Full Version : NFL Upholds Three-Game Suspension Of Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict

polamalubeast
02-11-2016, 03:20 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/02/nfl-upholds-three-game-suspension-of-bengals-lb-vontaze-burfict/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

zulater
02-11-2016, 06:05 PM
It wasn't enough to begin with. But at least it wasn't reduced.

86WARD
02-11-2016, 06:51 PM
Steelers @ Bengals - Week 4.

:jerkit:

polamalubeast
02-11-2016, 06:52 PM

on SNF!

86WARD
02-11-2016, 06:57 PM
Good to hear that they stuck with the games...should've been 6 IMO...not just for the hit on Brown, but his whole portfolio.

steelreserve
02-11-2016, 07:27 PM
I would be ok with this if he also gets pushed over into a fresh pile of dogshit.

hawaiiansteeler
02-11-2016, 07:29 PM
Vontaze Burfdefict is a punk ass bitch scumbag, he's lucky he only got 3 games.

http://www.cincinnativseveryone.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/01/image-25-1024x578.jpg

zulater
02-11-2016, 07:31 PM

Bengals first 3 weeks
Week 1 Ravens
week 2 Patriots.
week 3 Cowboys

salamander
02-11-2016, 07:47 PM
Which means we're guaranteed to play the Bungholes his first week back.

86WARD
02-11-2016, 08:05 PM
Bengals first 3 weeks
Week 1 Ravens
week 2 Patriots.
week 3 Cowboys

was thinking the exact same...

Shoes
02-11-2016, 09:06 PM
I don't think he'll last the season, someone will take out his knees.

CapLovesTroyP43
02-11-2016, 09:14 PM
AHHH WE CAN ONLY HOPE!

B&GFever
02-11-2016, 09:32 PM
It wasn't enough to begin with. But at least it wasn't reduced.

agreed , I assumed it would be reduced they normally are , thankfully not the case this time around

fansince'76
02-11-2016, 10:38 PM

It would be poetic justice if it were Le'Veon Bell who laid him out with a well-placed cut block...

teegre
02-11-2016, 10:42 PM
It would be poetic justice if it were Le'Veon Bell who laid him out by trucking over Burfict as Bell rushes for a game-winning TD.

Slight edit.

hawaiiansteeler
02-11-2016, 11:12 PM
Which means we're guaranteed to play the Bungholes his first week back.

that's Burfict timing, Antonio Brown will have 10 receptions for 189 yards and 2 TDs and Le'Veon Bell will score the winning TD in that game! :thumbsup:

Steeldude
02-12-2016, 02:57 AM
Good to hear that they stuck with the games...should've been 6 IMO...not just for the hit on Brown, but his whole portfolio.

You only get 6 games if you are accused of something off the field and by a known whore in a bar. Haha

86WARD
02-12-2016, 11:04 AM
I stand corrected.

Born2Steel
02-12-2016, 11:58 AM
I don't wish him injury. Burfict has the talent to be a really good LB in the league. He has to stop the dirty play or stop playing altogether. I would hope for an indefinite suspension if he does it again.

Aqib Talib = the same to me. Purposely eye gouging?

Hawkman
02-12-2016, 06:30 PM
I don't wish him injury. Burfict has the talent to be a really good LB in the league. He has to stop the dirty play or stop playing altogether. I would hope for an indefinite suspension if he does it again.

Aqib Talib = the same to me. Purposely eye gouging?

I'm not sure he really cares about being a good LB. I think he's wired to hurt people. He has shown time and again that he doesn't care about the team. His first game back from suspension will be the true test. I kinda hope it's us. We definitely will be working him.......and if he can stay penalty free, (not likely), then he may have a chance.

steelreserve
02-12-2016, 06:57 PM

No, see, other players DON'T do that on purpose because most of them aren't dickheads who can't control their temper on the field.

It would be poetic justice if it were Le'Veon Bell who laid him out with a well-placed cut block...

I'd rather they just not come in contact with each other at all. Preferably because Burfict is prevented from playing by yet another act of stupidity on his part.

86WARD
02-12-2016, 07:43 PM
Burfict needs to have a run in with Kyle Turley...lol.

hawaiiansteeler
02-16-2016, 12:38 AM
trivia question -

name the only NFL player who has had to serve a longer suspension for his on field actions than Vontaze Burfict...

katmandu
02-16-2016, 12:45 AM
Burfict has the talent to be a really good LB in the league. He has to stop the dirty play or stop playing altogether. That will never happen. The dude is a raging Sociopath from the same gene pool as Nagakong Suh. Both are insane animals.

I can't believe he didn't get at least (1) more game added to his Suspension for driving his knee into Ben's shoulder. I can't believe people are over looking that crime.

Count Steeler
02-16-2016, 05:32 AM
trivia question -

name the only NFL player who has had to serve a longer suspension for his on field actions than Vontaze Burfict...

Had to look it up. Albert Haynesworth. 5 games for stomping on Cowboys center.

polamalubeast
02-16-2016, 10:42 AM
It's time Vontaze Burfict follows in the steps of Steelers LB James Harrison

CINCINNATI -- There was a time when James Harrison's overly physical style of play put him underneath the same NFL microscope that's now being directed upon Vontaze Burfict.

Harrison's days of dealing with it appear to be over. Burfict's are just beginning.

That's why the Cincinnati Bengals linebacker would be wise to figure out -- ASAP -- what Harrison did to make his own negative spotlight disappear. In the past two seasons in particular, Burfict has been dealing with his own unsavory attention thanks to his habitual line-stepping manner of play. Just last week, the NFL upheld the three-game ban it had handed the Cincinnati Bengals linebacker in January for his role in a series of player-safety violations.

Harrison, the veteran Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker, should have a good understanding of what Burfict is going through. Seven times between the 2008-11 seasons Harrison was either fined or suspended for applying late hits or blasting defenseless receivers or being "verbally abusive" to officials. Four of the incidents came during his tumultuous 2010 season. That was the same year which ended with a Steelers Super Bowl loss to the Green Bay Packers, and one that saw Harrison set a career high in tackles with 100. He also had 10.5 sacks.

read more

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/198270/its-time-vontaze-burfict-follows-in-the-steps-of-steelers-lb-james-harrison