PDA

View Full Version : Pressure On Steelers Defense To Provide More Pressure In 2016

polamalubeast
02-10-2016, 02:15 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/02/pressure-on-steelers-defense-to-provide-more-pressure-in-2016/

Psycho Ward 86
02-10-2016, 08:17 PM
wow thats disconcerting. 3rd in sacks, but 7th worst in total pressure %. Albeit, i presume Dupree was a big part of that since he had no counter moves all season. I expect that to improve. Id prefer safety in the 1st, but its reasons like this that i wouldnt be against OLB if the value is right in the 1st (and thats a 1st for me in a long time)

salamander
02-10-2016, 08:54 PM
I still think they exceeded expectations in 2015.

86WARD
02-10-2016, 10:57 PM
Absolutely!!!

Steeldude
02-11-2016, 07:51 AM
wow thats disconcerting. 3rd in sacks, but 7th worst in total pressure %. Albeit, i presume Dupree was a big part of that since he had no counter moves all season. I expect that to improve. Id prefer safety in the 1st, but its reasons like this that i wouldnt be against OLB if the value is right in the 1st (and thats a 1st for me in a long time)

That and Jones eating in to Harrison's playing time.

They will need to draft another OLB. Jones is a complete waste of time. I know it's way too early, but I get the bad feeling Dupree will be a flop. Hopefully Chickillo will hit the weights and show a reason why he should be a full-time starter or at least put Jones on the bench forever.

If they increase(consistency) the pressure it will help the secondary out a lot. I know you are aware of that...just saying : )

polamalubeast
02-11-2016, 10:02 AM
I still think they exceeded expectations in 2015.

Agree but at the same time,I do not think the Steelers can continue to be in the top 15 in defense if they are not able to put pressure on opposing QB consistency.

The Steelers have played against several bad or average QB in the last month of the season too.

Mojouw
02-11-2016, 12:01 PM
Dupree has no real "moves". He runs really fast in the general direction of the QB. Any decent LT just pushes him 8 yards past the play. Hopefully his is simply raw and coach Porter can correct that, assuming he can take time out of his busy schedule of taunting Bengals players!

Jones, is Jones. He has no ability to consistently beat NFL caliber tackles. Has started to do everything else pretty well though.

Harrison is old and slow now. He is still crazy strong and he still has that freakish bend/lean - he is just a step slow in getting there.

Chick-filet? Who knows. He feasted on guys that a bagging groceries now in the preseason. He can either develop further and force is way on the field or he can join a long list of "almost" Steeler OLBs.

Long story short, 2016 pressure will still be highly dependent on Tuitt, Heyward, and Shazier. Those are the only guys on the roster that I see as capable of getting pressure outside of scheme.