View Full Version : Redman gets short-yardage shot

LLT
09-08-2010, 03:31 AM
Steelers Notebook

Redman gets short-yardage shot
By Scott Brown,
PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, September 8, 2010

http://community.post-gazette.com/resized-image.ashx/__size/500x400/__key/CommunityServer.Components.PostAttachments/00.00.19.28.19/steelersPD13.jpg

» Former undrafted free agent Isaac Redman, who opened eyes when he excelled in the goal-line drill at training camp in 2009, will get the first shot to fill the role of short-yardage back. "We are going to give him the opportunity to see if he can excel," Steelers coach Mike Tomlin said.

» The roles for the running backs appear to be set, with the Steelers opening the regular season Sunday at Heinz Field. Rashard Mendenhall will start against the Falcons and also serve as the third-down back. Backup Mewelde Moore will spell him. Redman, who graduated from the practice squad to the 53-man roster, will be asked to grind out the tough yards when the Steelers need them most. "He's been very good in that area in the two-plus years he has been here," Tomlin said, "largely in preseason."

Read More
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_698376.html

cold-hard-steel
09-08-2010, 03:39 AM
This is a good chance for him to show if he is for real,or just a training camp standout.I hope he excells.I kind of like the kid.

BuddhaBus
09-08-2010, 04:05 AM
It's about time. I hope he will be used a lot in goal-line situations as well. Enough of Mewelde in that role. He is much better with some open field. MeMo is just not the bruising, punch it in type back. I think Redman will excel in this area as long as Arians utilizes him.

GoSlash27
09-08-2010, 06:23 AM
Hoooo boy!!!
/Daddy *LIKES*

43Hitman
09-08-2010, 06:57 AM
Good new for Redman. He's worked hard and has earned his shot. I think he'll do very well, this is good news for our running game. Three fresh backs on any given play is a nice commodity to have.

Austin87
09-08-2010, 11:09 AM
Time for Redman to shine. He should do well as the short-yardage back.

steeldevil
09-08-2010, 11:37 AM
I really think that Redman will excel in this role. He is built for it and has already shown he can handle it in preseason. Now he just has to show he can bring the same stuff to the table under the big lights on Sunday.