PDA

View Full Version : Look out for this team in the near future.

Edman
01-18-2016, 06:42 PM
This young Steelers team took a tremendous step in 2015. This group won their first playoff game, and showed tremendous heart all season. They were not supposed to be where they are, but they got there and took the #1 seeded Broncos and their top-ranked D in their house all the way to the edge. The Broncos were built to win now, we were not.

They could've packed it up after the Ben Injury, but they didn't. The fumble took out their very last last bit of gas.

They showed the heart of a champion Sunday without their best players. They're ready for #7. It is within sight. Barring any major setbacks in 2016, the Steelers will be back in the big bowl soon.

fansince'76
01-18-2016, 06:44 PM
Inopportune injuries at the absolute worst times really put a crimp on what had the potential to be a very special season.

On that note, someone needs to roll up the backside of a certain cheap shotting punk's knee(s) and take him out early next year. He pretty much singlehandedly fucked up our season more than anything else. I don't advocate for injuring other players, but "Birth Defect" is the exception. He's completely out of control and he's going to end someone's career sooner or later.

He's going to appeal his 3-game suspension (which is still far too light, considering the number and severity of cheap shots he's taken and the simple fact that after being fined $70K for his transgressions in a single game that he still just doesn't get it) and that will more than likely be reduced to one game, if not just a fine, which is a joke. And since his coach/team won't do anything to rein him in, then it's time for the players whose careers he directly endangers every time he steps on the field to do something about it.

Hawkman
01-18-2016, 09:08 PM
Inopportune injuries at the absolute worst times really put a crimp on what had the potential to be a very special season.

On that note, someone needs to roll up the backside of a certain cheap shotting punk's knee(s) and take him out early next year. He pretty much singlehandedly fucked up our season more than anything else. I don't advocate for injuring other players, but "Birth Defect" is the exception. He's completely out of control and he's going to end someone's career sooner or later.

He's going to appeal his 3-game suspension (which is still far too light, considering the number and severity of cheap shots he's taken and the simple fact that after being fined $70K for his transgressions in a single game that he still just doesn't get it) and that will more than likely be reduced to one game, if not just a fine, which is a joke. And since his coach/team won't do anything to rein him in, then it's time for the players whose careers he directly endangers every time he steps on the field to do something about it.

I actually thought this through. We activate a big O-lineman off the practice squad for the Bengal's game, just in case he should be suspended for putting Burfict out for the year......or maybe Wallace. My Ravens buddy liked the idea, thought maybe they might do it first.

fansince'76
01-18-2016, 09:10 PM
I actually thought this through. We activate a big O-lineman off the practice squad for the Bengal's game, just in case he should be suspended for putting Burfict out for the year......or maybe Wallace. My Ravens buddy liked the idea, thought maybe they might do it first.

I'm actually hoping someone on the Ravens does it. The Steelers already catch enough shit as a "dirty" team as it is. Hell, the Steelers are still widely being blamed for the crap he instigated in the last 2 games with the Bengals.

smokin3000gt
01-18-2016, 11:48 PM
I'm actually hoping someone on the Ravens does it. The Steelers already catch enough shit as a "dirty" team as it is. Hell, the Steelers are still widely being blamed for the crap he instigated in the last 2 games with the Bengals.

Weird how when we play a regular team it's a regular game of football but when we play the bungles, the hood breaks out..

fansince'76
01-19-2016, 12:17 AM
Weird how when we play a regular team it's a regular game of football but when we play the bungles, the hood breaks out..

Yeah, but ITZ AWL DOZE DURRTY DAMM STEALERS FAWLT!

I've even seen it rationalized that the Steelers "brought this all on themselves." Unreal.

Galax Steeler
01-19-2016, 03:44 AM
This team can and will be good but we have to start beating 500 teams and not play to there level.

zulater
01-21-2016, 07:23 PM

How much do you want to bet that (A) the suspension is reduced to 2 games. And (B) the Patriots and Ravens will be the Bengals opponents those 2 games.

fansince'76
01-21-2016, 07:55 PM
How much do you want to bet that (A) the suspension is reduced to 2 games. And (B) the Patriots and Ravens will be the Bengals opponents those 2 games.

I'm thinking more along the lines of one game, but I wouldn't doubt the rest of it.

Hawkman
01-21-2016, 08:33 PM
I'm thinking more along the lines of one game, but I wouldn't doubt the rest of it.

If its one game, I hope its the Ravens. They are almost as pissed at Burfict as we are. They can go head hunting early.

katmandu
01-22-2016, 12:59 AM
I don't advocate for injuring other players, but "Birth Defect" is the exception. He's completely out of control and he's going to end someone's career sooner or later. Phuuuuuuuuk....... This just gave me chills watching this play!

It's the play were Oakland Raider's Jack Tatum PARALYZED Detroit Lions Darryl Stingley. The hit looks IDENTICAL to BirthDefect's hit on AB !

Phuking BirthDefect will end up KILLING another player if he's not stopped !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPlNhnT84Kc&ab_channel=shehab2012

86WARD
01-22-2016, 07:23 AM
No doubt. Goofdell is all about player safety...so no need to worry.

fansince'76
01-22-2016, 07:42 AM
Phuuuuuuuuk....... This just gave me chills watching this play!

It's the play were Oakland Raider's Jack Tatum PARALYZED Detroit Lions Darryl Stingley. The hit looks IDENTICAL to BirthDefect's hit on AB !

Phuking BirthDefect will end up KILLING another player if he's not stopped !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPlNhnT84Kc&ab_channel=shehab2012

Except Tatum was legitimately trying to break up the pass. Birth Defect hit AB well after the ball had already sailed over his head.

Hawkman
01-22-2016, 07:52 AM
Not that it matters, but I think Stingley played for the Pats.

Steelerschik
01-22-2016, 09:16 AM

This would be one of the saddest days in the NFL if that happens. They suspend Ben for 6 games and reduce it to 4 for behavior detrimental to the league and the most they can give a guy for headhunting and deliberately hurting players a max of 3?????? Is headhunting not detrimental to the league? Should have been 8 not subject to be reduced and the next time it happens ejection from the league. Three games is a joke let alone if it gets reduced. And I agree with your earlier post, it would be poetic justice to take this MFer out for the entire year which is more deserving. He's violent and will eventually paralyze someone - this monster needs smashed and I don't care who does it. It would be worth the fines, penalties, whatever.

tube517
01-22-2016, 09:19 AM
This would be one of the saddest days in the NFL if that happens. They suspend Ben for 6 games and reduce it to 4 for behavior detrimental to the league and the most they can give a guy for headhunting and deliberately hurting players a max of 3?????? Is headhunting not detrimental to the league? Should have been 8 not subject to be reduced and the next time it happens ejection from the league. Three games is a joke let alone if it gets reduced. And I agree with your earlier post, it would be poetic justice to take this MFer out for the entire year which is more deserving. He's violent and will eventually paralyze someone - this monster needs smashed and I don't care who does it. It would be worth the fines, penalties, whatever.

Look who the commissioner is.

ALLD
01-22-2016, 07:50 PM
If he did that to Brady or Gronk he would have received a year.