RB (3) - Bell, Williams, Toussaint
WR (5) - Brown, Bryant, Coates, Wheaton, Eli Rogers
TE (3) - Miller, Spaeth, James
OT (3) - Gilbert, Villanueva, Hatchie
OG (1) - DeCastro
C (2) - Wallace, Pouncey
DT (1) - McCullers
DE (3) - Heyward, Tuitt, Walton
LB (10) - Harrison, Jones, Dupree, Moats, Chickillo, Timmons, Shazier, Williams, LJ Fort, Zumwalt
CB (3) - C. Allen, Golson, Grant
S (3) - Thomas, Mitchell, Ventrone
K (2) - Boswell, Suisham
P (1) - Berry

RFA (7)

RB (1) - Nix
TE (1) - Blanchflower
OT (2) - Van Dyk, Palmer
OG (1) - Hubbard
CB (1) - Cockrell
LB (1) - Garvin

UFA (21)

QB (2) - Gradkowski, Vick
RB (2) - W. Johnson, Todman
WR (2) - DHB, David Nelson
OT (3) - Beachum, Stingily, Adams
OG (1) - Foster
C (1) - Legursky
DT (1) - McLendon
DE (2) - Thomas, Geathers
LB (1) - Spence
CB (3) - Blake, Boykin, Gay
S (2) - Golden, W. Allen
LS (1) - Warren

steelreserve
01-17-2016, 11:46 PM
UFA (21)

WR (2) - DHB
OT (3) - Beachum
OG (1) - Foster
LB (1) - Spence
CB (3) - Boykin, Gay
S (2) - Golden

Those are the ones I hope we can bring back ... Golden in bold for a reason. Beachum would be nice but not at full price. DHB turned out to be a lot more valuable than people give him credit for.

Psycho Ward 86
01-18-2016, 12:26 AM
RFA's should be automatic and easy to keep as per usual. I dont care to have Van Dyk and Blanchflower though. As far as UFA's go, i want them back in this order of priority:

1) Boykin
2) Golden
3) Gay
4) Foster
5) Spence
6) Gradkowski
7) Mclendon
8) Stingily
9) Geathers
10) DHB
11) Warren
12) Legursky

seems like Warren, Geathers, Stingily should be easy and automatically retainable guys. Excluded Todman only because i anticipate we keep Frenchy, and i dont see the need for 4 RB's, and i expect Todman would want a better opportunity to play (and who can blame him since he didnt do so bad in jacksonville). I hope to god Boykin gives us a 2nd chance with all the crap we put him through. For a while, i wanted to keep boykin, and wouldnt have minded losing Gay at his expense, but Gay has improved on the outside quite a bit since coming back to Pittsburgh and not just his slot game. He's making too many plays to not lock up for another 3 years. Golden was clearly better than Will Allen this season, and he has been pretty good as an occasional nickel corner when pressed into action. We still need to get at least 1 good safety but at worst, we have a solid safety in Golden for depth.

Foster is expendable i suppose but he's been an unsung hero on our line. you cant have 5 superstars for your O-line for long, and its nice to have the "runt of the litter" persay play good football. I hope were able to keep him on another bargain type of deal like last time.

I really wanted Timmons to be cut after the 1st half of the season, but as usual he started the season slow and looked like his usual self as it went along. But that 8 digit cap hit is really not looking good. And if theres one area where we can make a difficult cut (in order to sign players like Decastro, Bell, AB to new contracts), I think Timmons is at the top of the list since we have ILB depth. He isnt old, but he isnt young either. I think only a very front office friendly extension keeps him and that seems iffy at this point.

I think its safe to say Gradkowski is a much better option than Vick or Landry Jones. Im disappointed that it seems to have turned out that Landry was just a flash in the pan against the Cardinals. Another veteran QB is sounding ok as well.

Will we be able to keep Mclendon on the cheap once again? If yes, i say we keep him again. Its not like we have any depth to speak of anyways. Stingily? Same deal, no depth at OT.

I remember reading that Geathers lost like 90lb. on John Mitchell's instructions to play his new position at DE. I expect that that kind of serious investment means he himself, as well as the coaching staff believe that he has been a solid player at DE.

DHB has been great on special teams and serviceable in spot offensive action. Having him as a 5th receiver (i think we all anticipate Coates being far better) will continue to ensure that we are loaded on offense from top to bottom.

Legursky for more interior line depth and Warren because he's our favorite longsnapper who cant stop tearing his ACL's

Rotorhead
01-18-2016, 10:48 AM
1) Boykin
2) Golden
3) Gay
4) Foster
5) Spence
6) Gradkowski
7) Mclendon
8) Beachem
9) Warren

This is who we need to keep for next seasons SB run. I certainly hope we can keep Boykin, but if I were him I would not stay. I am a Spence fan, and he was back to being a playmaker type of guy this season as he seemed to always be near the ball when he was playing for Shazier. I think Gay will stay here and figure we keep McClendon as well. If Gradkowski is healed, we need to keep him. As said above, Golden will be fine replacement for Allen, but I think we get a discount on Allen as a backup too (I am sure most of these older vets see we are going to be a contender and probably want a ring before they move on).

As for RFA's, I would like to keep Cockrell, he will be fine and I can see him getting better going forward. He played solid most of the year and is basically a rookie.

tube517
01-18-2016, 02:30 PM

Mojouw
01-18-2016, 03:30 PM
Those cap #'s will never last past the winter or so. Timmons, Pouncey, Brown, Decastro, Miller, and Roethlisberger will all get extensions, restructures, or whatever to move those #'s around.

I agree, there is no way that anyone is paying Timmons $15 million salary cap dollars to play football next year.

steelerdude15
01-18-2016, 04:56 PM
Yeah, the Steelers are going to need to do some restructuring for new contracts next year. They'll only have a little less than eleven million to work with if nothing is done: http://http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/pittsburgh-steelers/cap/

I would like to see Ramon signed to a long term deal. He's earned it with good play. I would also like to see Kelvin signed to a one year deal. I would go for one year at this point because of the ACL tear he suffered this year. If he isn't the same by the end of next year, let him walk and draft another left tackle. If he plays well again, reward him with a long term deal.

steelreserve
01-18-2016, 05:17 PM

That would be a lot more tempting if Pouncey's dead money number wasn't higher than his cap hit, so we would actually LOSE cap space by getting rid of him. Guess that person didn't think that one through.

Completely tangential - the line did play pretty damn well without #53 this year, which has me second-guessing whether the $10M a year was really worth it. Not second-guessing that Pouncey is an excellent player, just whether any one person at that position is worth that amount of cap space. I guess it doesn't help that he's missed two full seasons out of the last three.

ALLD
01-18-2016, 05:43 PM
Miller and maybe Pouncey will need to take a pay cut. Miller is looking like Hines Ward at the end of his career with all the drops. Timmons needs a restructure. Roethlisberger should get an extension. Guy is lights out clutch. He is a better QB than Bradshaw. Okay, I said it.

tube517
01-19-2016, 12:32 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2016/01/19/Ramon-Foster-William-Gay-uncertain-about-future-with-Pittsburgh-Steelers/stories/201601190055?utm_campaign=echobox&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1453212371

steelreserve
01-19-2016, 12:39 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/2016/01/19/Ramon-Foster-William-Gay-uncertain-about-future-with-Pittsburgh-Steelers/stories/201601190055?utm_campaign=echobox&utm_medium=social&utm_source=Twitter#link_time=1453212371

Foster for $2M or $3M? Sign me up.

Foster for $5M or $6M? No thanks.

Same goes for Gay.

Steeltreal
01-19-2016, 12:42 PM
Pouncey to the Trade Block. We won't miss a beat, get a midrange draft pick

steelerkitty
01-19-2016, 01:54 PM
As much as I feel they need to sign tested VET players in free agency....fact is, they won't. It's just not their way. VON MILLER is a free agent. And lets face it, this team NEEDS a go to guy to pair with Dupree. Harrison is likely gone, and is a shell of what he was. And Moats is a nobody, and yes...Jarvis Jones...although not a Bust is not a NFL starter.

The secondary needs to be addressed as well. BOTH Rams starting CB's are unrestricted free agents...And although JENKINS is regarded the better one.....I would not mind " Trumaine Johnson " one bit. He is 26, 6ft, 2, 208Lbs, and has good hands and coverage skills.

Bottom line is that this Veteran team MUST have their " Holes " patched by PROVEN NFL talent, and not by rookies.

Mojouw
01-19-2016, 02:22 PM
As much as I feel they need to sign tested VET players in free agency....fact is, they won't. It's just not their way. VON MILLER is a free agent. And lets face it, this team NEEDS a go to guy to pair with Dupree. Harrison is likely gone, and is a shell of what he was. And Moats is a nobody, and yes...Jarvis Jones...although not a Bust is not a NFL starter.

The secondary needs to be addressed as well. BOTH Rams starting CB's are unrestricted free agents...And although JENKINS is regarded the better one.....I would not mind " Trumaine Johnson " one bit. He is 26, 6ft, 2, 208Lbs, and has good hands and coverage skills.

Bottom line is that this Veteran team MUST have their " Holes " patched by PROVEN NFL talent, and not by rookies.

Important to note that those are all SCHEDULED to be UFA's. I doubt any of the 3 you mentioned ever see the open market.

steelerkitty
01-19-2016, 03:00 PM
Important to note that those are all SCHEDULED to be UFA's. I doubt any of the 3 you mentioned ever see the open market.

Miller I agree with. But all the reports I have read say that the Rams...given all their free agents, and their financial situation is that they will not be able to re-sign both of them, and that JENKINS is the more important one to keep.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2016/01/11/st-louis-rams-cant-afford-to-lose-janoris-jenkins-over-2016-offseason/

SteelerFanInStl
01-19-2016, 03:25 PM
Miller I agree with. But all the reports I have read say that the Rams...given all their free agents, and their financial situation is that they will not be able to re-sign both of them, and that JENKINS is the more important one to keep.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2016/01/11/st-louis-rams-cant-afford-to-lose-janoris-jenkins-over-2016-offseason/
You're correct and I've been pushing for Trumaine also. The Rams have a number of other good young CBs, including E. J. Gaines, so I just don't see them signing both of those guys.

Mojouw
01-19-2016, 03:46 PM

Cool. I did not know that. I just assumed they wouldn't let either one out of the building. Interesting....

steelreserve
01-19-2016, 03:59 PM
For winning NOW, which really is the mentality this team ought to be in, adding a veteran CB plus Golson next year is the way to go. If you draft a CB and counting on him plus Golson is your best strategy, you're essentially starting two rookie corners, which could lead to all kinds of problems.

I would think it's much easier for a big fat guy to adapt to shoving people around in the NFL than a corner to adapt to covering top NFL receivers, so maybe that affects our draft plans?

Not to say we shouldn't still draft a CB highly - just count on him contributing in two years, not one.

86WARD
01-19-2016, 06:01 PM
Hubbard and Nix got a one year extension today. Tyler Murphy was only PS player that didn't get a Futures deal.

Psycho Ward 86
01-19-2016, 06:39 PM

why wouldnt the rams financial situation allow them to resign both? Im looking at overthecap.com and it looks like they rams are currently only at $118 million, and the projected cap for 2016 is around $153.4 million.

I do like the idea though, everywhere i look it seems like Trumaine Johnson is sneaky good

SteelerFanInStl
01-19-2016, 07:01 PM
Pouncey to the Trade Block. We won't miss a beat, get a midrange draft pick

Fuck that. Yea, I hope that they can reduce his cap number but we don't have anyone else on the roster who's a decent center. Wallace should not be a starting C in the NFL. He's a backup and that's it.

I sure as hell don't want to give Pouncey away for a "midrange draft pick". He's worth more than that and I just hope that he's healthy next year.

steelerkitty
01-19-2016, 07:13 PM
Fuck that. Yea, I hope that they can reduce his cap number but we don't have anyone else on the roster who's a decent center. Wallace should not be a starting C in the NFL. He's a backup and that's it.

I sure as hell don't want to give Pouncey away for a "midrange draft pick". He's worth more than that and I just hope that he's healthy next year.

But the problem is with HOPING Pouncey can stay healthy is like HOPING " Donald Trump " doesn't say something STUPID! Same exact Odds.

SteelerFanInStl
01-19-2016, 07:24 PM
why wouldnt the rams financial situation allow them to resign both? Im looking at overthecap.com and it looks like they rams are currently only at $118 million, and the projected cap for 2016 is around $153.4 million.

I do like the idea though, everywhere i look it seems like Trumaine Johnson is sneaky good

They have the cap room but I just don't think that they'll sign both of them with E.J. Gaines coming back from injury. He was the starter last season over Johnson but got injured in preseason this season.

They have a total of 12 players that are unrestricted free agents. There are some good players in there and they're not going to sign them all.

Psycho Ward 86
01-19-2016, 09:08 PM
They have the cap room but I just don't think that they'll sign both of them with E.J. Gaines coming back from injury. He was the starter last season over Johnson but got injured in preseason this season.

They have a total of 12 players that are unrestricted free agents. There are some good players in there and they're not going to sign them all.

having 3+ good corners is no longer excessive in the league when you look around imo. Look at the cardinals, panthers, seahawks, bengals, broncos, chiefs, bills, texans, and vikings. all playoff teams except the bills. thats 8 out of 12 playoff teams having 3+ good cornerbacks. from a quick run down of their UFA's, it seems like a lot of their UFA's dont even play, and their top priorities would probably be Janoris Jenkins, Mark Barron, Trumaine Johnson, Nick Fairley, Eugene Sims, and William Hayes since i see on articles everywhere that they were focal points of their defense. Their kicker could be seen as expendable after completing 60% of his kicks and their starting center and RT are UFA's but with the amount of cap room they have so far there doesnt seem to be a reason they cant get it done.

from this UFA cornerback list it looks like the rams might have the most sought after CB's on the market: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/cornerback/

pretty much all the other good ones seem to be older guys

teegre
01-19-2016, 09:41 PM
Pouncey is an All Pro.

Cody Wallace is an average player.

SteelerFanInStl
01-20-2016, 06:48 AM
having 3+ good corners is no longer excessive in the league when you look around imo. Look at the cardinals, panthers, seahawks, bengals, broncos, chiefs, bills, texans, and vikings. all playoff teams except the bills. thats 8 out of 12 playoff teams having 3+ good cornerbacks. from a quick run down of their UFA's, it seems like a lot of their UFA's dont even play, and their top priorities would probably be Janoris Jenkins, Mark Barron, Trumaine Johnson, Nick Fairley, Eugene Sims, and William Hayes since i see on articles everywhere that they were focal points of their defense. Their kicker could be seen as expendable after completing 60% of his kicks and their starting center and RT are UFA's but with the amount of cap room they have so far there doesnt seem to be a reason they cant get it done.

from this UFA cornerback list it looks like the rams might have the most sought after CB's on the market: http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/free-agents/ufa/cornerback/

pretty much all the other good ones seem to be older guys

My point was that the Rams do have other guys who can play CB so losing Jenkins or Johnson isn't going to destroy them. Another UFA that you didn't list is Rodney McLeod and he's one that they definitely need back. He's their starting FS.

- - - Updated - - -

Pouncey is an All Pro.

This

86WARD
01-20-2016, 07:12 AM
Pouncey is an All Pro.

This...

And on more than several occasions, Ben got hit because of Wallace that most likely wouldn't have happened with Pouncey in there.

86WARD
01-20-2016, 07:15 AM
As for CB...as I said in September, they are going to have to go out and not only draft one, which according to history will be marginal at best, but sign some sort of veteran. I'd say trade for one but they did that and most likely wasted that draft pick.

fansince'76
01-20-2016, 08:20 AM
But the problem is with HOPING Pouncey can stay healthy is like HOPING " Donald Trump " doesn't say something STUPID! Same exact Odds.

Not true. Outside of 2013 (when DeCastro wound up rolling up his leg thanks to that idiot Bicknell's "zone blocking" scheme) and 2015, when an opposing player again rolled up his leg (which could happen to anybody), Pouncey started 61 out of 64 possible games. But he missed a Super Bowl due to getting hurt in the AFCCG in 2010, so I guess for that he'll forever be labeled "injury prone," but that just simply isn't the case.

After watching Ben get clobbered on several occasions and almost having his season ended prematurely (see below) mostly because Wallace had his thumb up his ass, I definitely want Pouncey back.

WTF was Wallace doing on this play, exactly? "Du-uhhh, who do I block, George?"

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Yh2j3pisg-D_pXInvY0i3zRleC0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4101510/br.0.gif

And on more than several occasions, Ben got hit because of Wallace that most likely wouldn't have happened with Pouncey in there.

This. Not to mention a number of boneheaded penalties at really bad times. And don't forget the runs up the middle which basically got stuffed that probably wouldn't have been if Pouncey had been in there.

tube517
01-20-2016, 08:24 AM
Not true. Outside of 2013 (when DeCastro wound up rolling up his leg thanks to that idiot Bicknell's "zone blocking" scheme) and 2015, when an opposing player again rolled up his leg (which could happen to anybody), Pouncey started 61 out of 64 possible games. But he missed a Super Bowl due to getting hurt in the AFCCG in 2010, so I guess for that he'll forever be labeled "injury prone," but that just simply isn't the case.

After watching Ben get clobbered on several occasions and almost having his season ended prematurely (see below) mostly because Wallace had his thumb up his ass, I definitely want Pouncey back.

WTF was Wallace doing on this play, exactly? "Du-uhhh, who do I block, George?"

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/Yh2j3pisg-D_pXInvY0i3zRleC0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/4101510/br.0.gif

http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/christianpiatt/files/2013/06/which_way_did_he_go1.jpg :lol:

fansince'76
01-20-2016, 09:10 AM
http://wp.patheos.com.s3.amazonaws.com/blogs/christianpiatt/files/2013/06/which_way_did_he_go1.jpg :lol:

We're so on the same wavelength it's scary. :lol:

Mojouw
01-20-2016, 10:38 AM
Look at all the points and yards this offense put up with Wallace as the glaringly obvious weak link in the protection. Now replace him with one of the best centers in football. Bell and Williams may be able to walk through holes next season. I also want to live in a fantasy world where Beachum gets resigned as a high dollar LG. Then you have two adequate to excellent tackles and three interior lineman who can pull and get out to the second level.

Imagine an end around to Bryant, with Decastro and Pouncey leading the way.

I may have to just go watch old Dirt Dawson highlights now.

tube517
01-20-2016, 11:18 AM

Jordan Berry w/hurt shoulder? He's not Sepulveda.... :noidea:

Psycho Ward 86
01-20-2016, 11:22 AM
My point was that the Rams do have other guys who can play CB so losing Jenkins or Johnson isn't going to destroy them. Another UFA that you didn't list is Rodney McLeod and he's one that they definitely need back. He's their starting FS.

- - - Updated - - -

This

i thought he was an RFA?

SteelerFanInStl
01-20-2016, 12:24 PM
i thought he was an RFA?

I thought that he was listed as UFA on a list that I saw the other day but you're correct, McLeod is an RFA.

hawaiiansteeler
01-20-2016, 01:19 PM
Tomlin on S. Thomas: He's a core member of special teams, but he's still developing as a defensive player #Steelers

20 Jan 2016 Dale Lolley@dlolleyor

steelreserve
01-20-2016, 01:35 PM
Tomlin on S. Thomas: He's a core member of special teams, but he's still developing as a defensive player #Steelers

20 Jan 2016 Dale Lolley@dlolleyor

I guess he's got a point, if fair catch interference once a game is part of our special teams strategy.

As for "developing," that's a pretty generous assessment of his defensive play.

Basically this guy is Ryan Mundy that we traded a third-round pick for. Even wears the same number. What a disappointment.

86WARD
01-20-2016, 01:36 PM
I like Tomlin's words on Allen...lol. Thomas, for as much shit as he's gotten, was pretty decent on ST against the Broncos. That one long return, he was the one that made the tackle from behind after running down the left side of the field, across and then back up the right.

Rotorhead
01-20-2016, 02:16 PM
Obviously the ship on C Allen has sailed, Thomas has been passed by Golden, so I don't care if he makes the team or not. I honestly think Gay and W Allen can be resigned on the cheap as I am hoping they are thirsting for a ring and next year I do not see any other teams (maybe Carolina) that would be a bigger favorite to take it all. I am hoping JH will stick around for another ring also. If we extend Pouncey, Bell and Ben we free up enough cap room to resign Foster, Beachum for a 1yr deal and maybe even get in a solid FA CB (remember we will be the favorite to take it all + the respect for the organization players seem to have). Then we will be fine to draft BPA and have shored up most of our weaknesses.

As for ST issues, new coach and if Wheaton actually practices at fielding punts he should be fine in that position if we can not find another person IMO.

Steeldude
01-20-2016, 02:54 PM

That would be a lot more tempting if Pouncey's dead money number wasn't higher than his cap hit, so we would actually LOSE cap space by getting rid of him. Guess that person didn't think that one through.

Completely tangential - the line did play pretty damn well without #53 this year, which has me second-guessing whether the $10M a year was really worth it. Not second-guessing that Pouncey is an excellent player, just whether any one person at that position is worth that amount of cap space. I guess it doesn't help that he's missed two full seasons out of the last three.

But wouldn't a trade be different than a cut? I am referring to cap space/dead money.

steelreserve
01-20-2016, 04:22 PM
But wouldn't a trade be different than a cut? I am referring to cap space/dead money.

From what I understand, the base salary moves to the other team, but the signing bonus stays with the original team and all accelerates into the current year as if he was cut.

If it was later in Pouncey's contract, a trade would work, but since we just gave him his new contract last year, we'd eat most of the signing bonus (plus whatever we restructured before the ink was dry). One of the reasons you don't see many trades unless it's a future draft pick for a guy who was going to be cut anyway.

hawaiiansteeler
01-20-2016, 06:03 PM
Gerry Dulac ‏@gerrydulac

Tomlin, asked if he's confident benched CB Cortez Allen can be impact player: "I'm not." Allen will count $5.75M against cap in '16

j-d-s
01-20-2016, 11:29 PM
When it comes to Pouncey, I think it's a no brainer we keep him and Wallace as well. Having depth in the OLine won't hurt. Plus, imagine what our offense can do with Ben, AB, Bell, Martavis, DeAngelo, even Wheaton. Pair that with a really solid OLine anchored by an All Pro Center like Pouncey. Shady Brady's boys look like pedestrians against that firepower.

hawaiiansteeler
01-26-2016, 08:55 PM
Big City: Ed, Ray mentioned in his chat yesterday that they could save around $8M on the cap this season by cutting Timmons. With the depth at inside linebacker, it makes all the sense in the world to do just that and reallocate the money for a shutdown corner - the more important position and one of greater need. Thoughts?

Ed Bouchette: Do not assume if they have the money they will be able to sign a "shutdown corner.'' They would not be the only ones interested and there are not a boatload of them out there waiting. I would think they would ask Timmons to take a paycut before they would just release him. Now, maybe he would not agree to the paycut and they would wind up releasing him. It happened to James Harrison in 2013, when he then signed with the Bengals.

http://www.post-gazette.com/sports/steelers/2016/01/26/Ed-Bouchette-s-Steelers-chat-transcript-1-26-16/stories/201601260182

SteelersProfessor
01-26-2016, 09:49 PM
If they offer Timmons the same offer in a "paycut" that they offered Harrison? He'd be a fool to turn it down.

They offered James a 70% of his base salary, and a chance to gain the 30% back in incentives based on playing time and numbers.

He turned it down, the coaching staff was STUNNED that he turned it down, and he ended up with much less from the Bengals.

I don't think Timmons is the hot headed type, I think he understands business well. If they made him that same offer based on his 2016 contract I can't see him turning it down.

Mojouw
01-28-2016, 05:39 PM
If they offer Timmons the same offer in a "paycut" that they offered Harrison? He'd be a fool to turn it down.

They offered James a 70% of his base salary, and a chance to gain the 30% back in incentives based on playing time and numbers.

He turned it down, the coaching staff was STUNNED that he turned it down, and he ended up with much less from the Bengals.

I don't think Timmons is the hot headed type, I think he understands business well. If they made him that same offer based on his 2016 contract I can't see him turning it down.

I remember hearing something about that. Seemed everyone forgot that Harrison is fairly ego driven...

hawaiiansteeler
02-29-2016, 06:43 PM
http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2016/01/11/st-louis-rams-cant-afford-to-lose-janoris-jenkins-over-2016-offseason/[/URL]

Brian Witherspoon ✔‎@Spoony29

Janoris Jenkins turned down a 5-year $45 million dollar deal from the Rams. Said that "he was low-balled". Dude what????

28 Feb 2016

http://www.turfshowtimes.com/2016/2/28/11130072/los-angeles-rams-janoris-jenkins-turns-down-free-agent-contract

steelreserve
02-29-2016, 07:25 PM
OK, well so there's one guy we can take off our list. Mid-tier guy for mid-priced contract, or aging veteran with a year or two left, here we come!

SteelerFanInStl
02-29-2016, 07:57 PM
The talk now is that the Rams are going to use the Franchise tag on Trumaine Johnson. I don't think that he's worth that much but they have money to spend.

I'm going to move Casey Heyward to the top of my FA CB list.

Mojouw
03-01-2016, 01:56 PM
The talk now is that the Rams are going to use the Franchise tag on Trumaine Johnson. I don't think that he's worth that much but they have money to spend.

Problem is that would move Heyward to the "top" of the CBs to hit the open market. Almost instantly means that he is going to get 7+ million per year. I mean Heyward is better than the current roster of never-was guys, but 7 million plus per year?

tube517
03-01-2016, 02:53 PM

Psycho Ward 86
03-01-2016, 03:07 PM

wow. fuck the rams. theyve thrown a wrench in every team looking to upgrade at CB in free agency

polamalubeast
03-01-2016, 03:13 PM
The Steelers (and other teams) will have to pay at least 9-10 million per year if they want to have a good corner in the very free agency.I do not think it will happen for the steelers.

In fact, I do not want to be negative, but I think the Steelers will not be very active in the free agency once again.It's not their style.

Psycho Ward 86
03-01-2016, 03:32 PM
Kraig Urbik released by the Bills: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/bills-to-release-former-steelers-draft-pick-g-kraig-urbik/

anyone know how well he did over there? if we lose beachum AND foster, i think he should be in the conversation

Mojouw
03-01-2016, 04:08 PM
Kraig Urbik released by the Bills: http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/bills-to-release-former-steelers-draft-pick-g-kraig-urbik/

anyone know how well he did over there? if we lose beachum AND foster, i think he should be in the conversation

Despite that he is consistently listed as a player who "got away" from the Steelers. He did not, by most accounts, do all that well for the Bills. He started a bunch of games, but was consistently frustrating enough that the Bills engaged in an annual low level quest to replace him. They finally did last year. A better version of Kemouate.

SteelerFanInStl
03-01-2016, 04:56 PM
Despite that he is consistently listed as a player who "got away" from the Steelers. He did not, by most accounts, do all that well for the Bills. He started a bunch of games, but was consistently frustrating enough that the Bills engaged in an annual low level quest to replace him. They finally did last year. A better version of Kemouate.

Yea, I agree. He was a "starter" for many years but the Bills were constantly trying to replace him. I don't want him back.

steelreserve
03-01-2016, 05:07 PM

Fuck it, I don't think we'll lose both of them, and then we've got our starting five plus Wallace and Adams as backups, and whoever's on the practice squad (Hubbard?). If we want to add depth, it makes lots more sense just to use a 4th-round pick or so.

Mojouw
03-01-2016, 05:20 PM
Fuck it, I don't think we'll lose both of them, and then we've got our starting five plus Wallace and Adams as backups, and whoever's on the practice squad (Hubbard?). If we want to add depth, it makes lots more sense just to use a 4th-round pick or so.

Say about a 5th rounder........:whistle:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/BrandonBoykin.jpg

teegre
03-01-2016, 05:58 PM
if we lose beachum AND foster, i think he should be in the conversation

If Beachum and Foster both leave (I think one is retained), how about...

Alex Mack