PDA

View Full Version : Fitzgerald Toussaint.

Edman
01-17-2016, 07:03 PM
A new addition for the Steelers all-suck team.

Mark Stock. Tim McKyer. Rashard Mendenhall. Frenchy, wlecome to the group.

Harsh? Yes it is. But this is all the guy is going to be remembered for. Fitzgerald Toussaint has become a curse word in Pittsburgh.

Guy needs to go into hiding and never show his face again.

JayC
01-17-2016, 07:05 PM
thanks for fumbling away a pretty good effort against a great team, mr toussaint.

back to the unemployment line he goes

ALLD
01-17-2016, 07:15 PM
You forgot Neil O'Donnell. Fitz fumbled his way to the unemployment line. No way you can trust him in big games.

Devilsdancefloor
01-17-2016, 07:17 PM
i still trust him its football he feels worse than anyone i am sure he seems to be a good kid he came up big last week the game should have not been that close to begin with

st33lersguy
01-17-2016, 07:21 PM
Pinning the loss entirely on him would be stupid. The special teams sucked ass, Ben missed some critical throws early, the receivers dropped passes, Wheaton had a horrible game, and of course the defense while playing admirably overall still could have stopped Denver without giving up points after the fumble and they didn't. They still allowed a scrub WR to get a first down on 3rd and 12

EzraTank
01-17-2016, 07:46 PM
I'm pissed he fumbled but seriously he and Toddman did fantastic the last two games. We don't even beat the Bengals without his effort. I think the kid deserves a spot on the team behind Bell/Williams.

stillers4me
01-17-2016, 07:50 PM
Toussaint was on the practice squad two weeks ago. He was a hero last week. Even starting running backs fumble the ball every single weekend. Our receivers dropped some balls that would have been points. The O line broke down several times.

We were without AB, Bell and Williams. Huge losses to our game........and we still could have won that game. Without Bell and Ben getting injured, we very well may have won the division and hosted that game. I think the entire team and and the coaches deserve a pat on the back for being as gritty as they were and making it this far.

Rotorhead
01-17-2016, 07:56 PM
I agree with not blaming Fitz, he had a bad play, it happens. Honestly our injuries finally caught up to us, Burfict ended our season with his cheap shots last week. We were lucky to have a chance in that game and our ST are what really killed us. We need to find a backup for PR's to Brown, not having AB returning punts killed us more than Fitz's fumble. Starting inside the 5 all game . . . terrible. Our punter can't seem to punt more than 25yds when in a close game, other games he can boom 50yarders . . . I wouldnt mind having Fitz come back as our #3, his pass protection is very good and he is a decent runner and can catch out of the backfield.

zulater
01-17-2016, 08:00 PM
Touissant was the first and foremost reason we lost today! But that doesn't mean he can't be a part of the team next year. Overall his contribution the last two weeks has been positive. But the question is will today's fumble mentally dog him? That hurdle has to be cleared and I;m not sure he can do it on this team?

Psycho Ward 86
01-17-2016, 08:04 PM
typical salty fans. That was an OUTSTANDING forced fumble by Roby. Yeah, Frenchy needs to cover that ball but i dont blame him for being surprised to see the ball fly out. He'll get better.

People seem to forget we wouldnt have even made it this far without Frency

86WARD
01-17-2016, 08:12 PM
typical salty fans. That was an OUTSTANDING forced fumble by Roby. Yeah, Frenchy needs to cover that ball but i dont blame him for being surprised to see the ball fly out. He'll get better.

This...and all day he covered the ball with two arms. On this occassion, he got caught...happens to the best of them. I'd like to see TnT back next year to back up Bell and Williams.

tube517
01-17-2016, 08:15 PM

The Rooney way.

zulater
01-17-2016, 08:18 PM

My problem was he tried to do too much when what was there was all that was needed. He spun out of a good play, either 3rd and inches or first and ten and lost yards and then the ball. Situational awareness was lacking big time on that play. No need to try to be a hero, the play was progressing to a great result and he blew it. Our season ended because of a bad decision on his part and yeah I;m still a little peeved.

86WARD
01-17-2016, 08:21 PM
My problem was he tried to do too much when what was there was all that was needed. He spun out of a good play, either 3rd and inches or first and ten and lost yards and then the ball. Situational awareness was lacking big time on that play. No need to try to be a hero, the play was progressing to a great result and he blew it. Our season ended because of a bad decision on his part and yeah I;m still a little peeved.

You can't blame him for trying to make a play. Who knows...if he breaks a tackle, maybe he goes all the way. You can't really expect a player to just give up and not try to make something bigger happen because of a "situation". Ask Marshawn Lynch, Doug Martin, etc...

He just got got at the wrong time.

Iron Steeler
01-17-2016, 08:23 PM
All he ha to do I stuck the ball and fall for a first down

katmandu
01-17-2016, 08:28 PM
My problem was he tried to do too much when what was there was all that was needed. He spun out of a good play, either 3rd and inches or first and ten and lost yards and then the ball. Situational awareness was lacking big time on that play. No need to try to be a hero, the play was progressing to a great result and he blew it. Our season ended because of a bad decision on his part and yeah I;m still a little peeved.LET IT GO ZU ! LET IT GO !

The kid fugged up. So what ? So did a whole bunch of players did today. I saw an awful lot of DROPPED passes and several F'ups by Wheaton in the kicking game.

Everyone know we should NOT have even made it this far this season.

The INJURY BUG ATE US FUGGING ALIVE !

So everyone who is bashing and HATING on Toussaint need to STFU and get a reality check !

You haters sound like BUNGLE fans and really should be embarrassed for yourselves ! SERIOUSLY ! Knock it the F**G OFF and let it go !

The kid is our third stringer and did a helluva job overall. He fugged up and so did a whole lot of others !

Mojouw
01-17-2016, 08:30 PM

This is kinda ridiculous. So we want a running back that goes down on first contact? Wasn't that Willie Parker?

zulater
01-17-2016, 08:36 PM
This is kinda ridiculous. So we want a running back that goes down on first contact? Wasn't that Willie Parker?

Watch the play again. :doh: Seriously your excuse making is getting old.

- - - Updated - - -

LET IT GO ZU ! LET IT GO !

The kid fugged up. So what ? So did a whole bunch of players did today. I saw an awful lot of DROPPED passes and several F'ups by Wheaton in the kicking game.

Everyone know we should NOT have even made it this far this season.

The INJURY BUG ATE US FUGGING ALIVE !

So everyone who is bashing and HATING on Toussaint need to STFU and get a reality check !

You haters sound like BUNGLE fans and really should be embarrassed for yourselves ! SERIOUSLY ! Knock it the F**G OFF and let it go !

The kid is our third stringer and did a helluva job overall. He fugged up and so did a whole lot of others !
STFU yourself!

That one play more than any other changed the game. Reality hurts.

Mojouw
01-17-2016, 08:38 PM

And your emotional over-reacting knee jerk rants are infamous. So now that we get past that -- it is the third string running back. Mistakes were made.

It just gets frustrating that every single loss has to be laid at the feet of a single individual or single decision. These things are a chain of interconnected events. The NFL is a complicated game and the reductive "analysis" that passes for deep thinking on the internet sometimes is an injustice to an otherwise interesting and fascinating game.

If Willie Gay hangs on to either one of the "almost" INTS he had over the course of the game - who knows. Ben passed on Heath for the 1st down and instead missed Wheaton in the endzone on the early 4th down.

But, yeah, it is all Touissant's fault. Because he tried to gain some extra yards and Roby made a pretty solid play on the ball? C'mon. How many fumbles did Hines Ward have in crucial games doing the same thing? I remember at least 2.

86WARD
01-17-2016, 08:42 PM
But if Toussaint spins and breaks that run for a TD, which is possible, he's your biggest hero of the game and we're all slobbering all over him like ESPN over Peyton Manning.

He didn't do any kind of spin, he tried to bounce it outside where DHB looked like he had the edge sealed. If he turns that corner, he's going pretty far. Roby just made a desperate effort to punch the ball out and it worked...and there's no guarantee that if Tousaint goes straight up field that he gets the first down and there's no guarantee that that defender in his face doesn't punch the ball out.

Mojouw
01-17-2016, 08:44 PM
But if Toussaint spins and breaks that run for a TD, which is possible, he's your biggest hero of the game and we're all slobbering all over him like ESPN over Peyton Manning.

He didn't do any kind of spin, he tried to bounce it outside where DHB looked like he had the edge sealed. If he turns that corner, he's going pretty far. Roby just made a desperate effort to punch the ball out and it worked...and there's no guarantee that if Tousaint goes straight up field that he gets the first down and there's no guarantee that that defender in his face doesn't punch the ball out.

But didn't you hear? Charlie Batch said it was all his fault! I mean a guy whos gets paid to provide easy answers less than an hour after the game provided an easy scapegoat. We all must fall in line! Thinking for yourself is strongly discouraged.

katmandu
01-17-2016, 08:46 PM

- - - Updated - - -

STFU yourself!

That one play more than any other changed the game. Reality hurts.LET IT GO ZU !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Psycho Ward 86

- - - Updated - - -

STFU yourself!

That one play more than any other changed the game. Reality hurts.

seems to me like you need to see the ply again more than anyone else. Roby made an outstanding play, and if Frenchy breaks that, he's likely in the redzone

Shoes
We got a solid #2 in Fitz after Williams departs.. Great experience for this young man, even with the fumble today. Hopefully we can keep Todman also. They both saved us a draft pick and some cash.

zulater
01-17-2016, 08:47 PM
But didn't you hear? Charlie Batch said it was all his fault! I mean a guy whos gets paid to provide easy answers less than an hour after the game provided an easy scapegoat. We all must fall in line! Thinking for yourself is strongly discouraged.

Well of course you;re more qualified than charlie. What was I thinking?

katmandu
01-17-2016, 08:48 PM
Here's something for all you Toussaint HATERS.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-Toussaint-inconsolable-after-fumble-vs-Broncos-42916282

Feel better now ?

Let go of your hatred and MOVE ON !!

Psycho Ward 86
01-17-2016, 08:49 PM

too much? his running was respectable against the best defense in the league, one that even Deangelo failed to do anything against. He spun out of a good play in the hopes of making it a GREAT play, and he was very close to doing so. His situational awareness wasnt bad, he knows someone needs to break open the game with time winding down and he tried to. Our season stayed ALIVE because of Toussaint's 110+ scrimmage yards from the previous game, including 2 great catch and runs on the winning drive. Everyone worked hard today and we had all the odds stacked against us. We'll be back next year

Hawkman
01-17-2016, 08:49 PM
Look, he made a really bad mistake at a really bad time. Did it cost us the game? Who knows, maybe, maybe not. Ben could have thrown a pick six on the next play. Could the D risen up on the next series? Sure. But I'm not going to dump a guy who's starting his second game, and has shown promise. If we got rid of guys who made critical mistakes at critical moments, Ben wouldn't be on the team. He messed up and I'm as upset as anyone, but I look forward to seeing what he does in camp next year. If there's one thing we've learned, we can lose some damn RBs.

katmandu
01-17-2016, 08:50 PM
We got a solid #2 in Fitz after Williams departs.. Great experience for this young man, even with the fumble today. Hopefully we can keep Todman also. They both saved us a draft pick and some cash.Those two kids have very bright futures ahead of them !

That is if you haters could stop hating on Toissaint. You're gonna drive the kid to commit suicide ! Would THAT make you all feel better ?

Would it ?

zulater
01-17-2016, 08:50 PM
seems to me like you need to see the ply again more than anyone else. Roby made an outstanding play, and if Frenchy breaks that, he's likely in the redzone

It was a bad decision and a bad play on his part. Simple. It was a game changing play. but hey what the fuck, the kid has no culpability at all. Hope he does it a lot more next year too! Well done Frenchy!

fansince'76
01-17-2016, 08:51 PM
too much? his running was respectable against the best defense in the league, one that even Deangelo failed to do anything against. He spun out of a good play in the hopes of making it a GREAT play, and he was very close to doing so. His situational awareness wasnt bad, he knows someone needs to break open the game with time winding down and he tried to. Our season stayed ALIVE because of Toussaint's 110+ scrimmage yards from the previous game, including 2 great catch and runs on the winning drive. Everyone worked hard today and we had all the odds stacked against us. We'll be back next year

Very well stated. :applaudit:

katmandu
01-17-2016, 08:51 PM
HATERS......

Q: What is the difference in Jerome Bettis's critical fumble and Toissaint's fumble today ?

ANSWER:

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!

zulater
01-17-2016, 08:52 PM
Those two kids have very bright futures ahead of them !

That is if you haters could stop hating on Toissaint. You're gonna drive the kid to commit suicide ! Would THAT make you all feel better ?

Would it ?

Seriously! :doh: This isn't twitter. You really think the kid is going to go over all the Steelers message boards looking for approval? :doh: SMH! Jesus Christ!

Mojouw
01-17-2016, 08:52 PM

Well said. And for added bonus points, you were able to do it without being the jerk I was in my post.

katmandu
01-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Seriously! :doh: This isn't twitter. You really think the kid is going to go over all the Steelers message boards looking for approval? :doh: SMH! Jesus Christ!

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-Toussaint-inconsolable-after-fumble-vs-Broncos-42916282

Shoes
01-17-2016, 08:54 PM
Those two kids have very bright futures ahead of them !

Would it ?

I'm not blaming Fitz...at all. Read before you speak.

zulater
01-17-2016, 08:55 PM
HATERS......

Q: What is the difference in Jerome Bettis's critical fumble and Toissaint's fumble today ?

ANSWER:

NOTHING !!!!!!!!!!!

Resume?

Final result?

That Jerome didn't try to overextend the play? Look I get it shit happens. And fans vent. The kid screwed up big time and it cost us big time. It pisses me off.

I'll get over it and so will he. But just not yet.

We really had a chance to be in the AFC title game, and poof then it was gone.

katmandu
01-17-2016, 09:03 PM
I'm not blaming Fitz...at all. Read before you speak.You aren't, but others surely are.

- - - Updated - - -

I'll get over it and so will he. But just not yet.

We really had a chance to be in the AFC title game, and poof then it was gone.I know you will. You're a good dude and know you're not a real hater.

We should not have even made it this far this season due to all the injuries. Pure gravy. Just sit back and imagine if those injures didn't consume a bunch of our KEY players! WOW !

But hey, that's life right ?

Steel Peon
01-17-2016, 09:17 PM
Pinning the loss entirely on him would be stupid. The special teams sucked ass, Ben missed some critical throws early, the receivers dropped passes,..........and of course the defense while playing admirably overall still could have stopped Denver without giving up points after the fumble and they didn't. They still allowed a scrub WR to get a first down on 3rd and 12

I think you have this one nailed down.

GoSlash27
01-17-2016, 09:26 PM
I don't blame Fitz for this one. I'll adopt him personally as one of the heroes this year. He gave us a credible running threat and a TD. Without either of those, we wouldn't have been in this game.

I raise my glass to Fitz Toussaint. I'm glad he's on our side.
:drink:

katmandu
01-17-2016, 09:46 PM
Big Ben: We wouldn't be here if it wasn't for Toussaint

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000624684/article/big-ben-we-wouldnt-be-here-if-it-wasnt-for-Toussaint

86WARD
01-17-2016, 09:53 PM

Hawkman
01-17-2016, 09:56 PM

...as a good leader should. Yeah Ben!!

Craic
01-17-2016, 11:41 PM
Here's what I don't get . . .

Toussaint made the mistake of trying too hard and fighting for yards. We've seen others make the same mistake. Frankly, if he made any mistake, I'd rather see him make that one than anything else.

So, why is everyone pissing and mourning about a guy who's starting his second professional game - in the playoffs, and makes the same mistake many others in his position makes?

Look, it wasn't a selfish penalty. He didn't spike the football in the middle of the field. He didn't decide to try and change the play all on his own. So why are some people being so foolish as to crucify him—as if they'd run him out of town with torches and pickforks?

I get we're upset at the fumble. We should be. We're pissed at the play. Fine. But personal attacks and insults at a young kid who made a mistake by trying too hard is utterly foolish, IMO.

st33lersguy
01-17-2016, 11:45 PM
It's really simple. He is being made the scapegoat because it is much easier to pin the loss on the 3rd string RB who made the critical fumble

hawaiiansteeler
01-17-2016, 11:50 PM
Aditi Kinkhabwala ✔@AKinkhabwala

Art Rooney walking through locker room, shaking hands w/ every Steeler. Spends extra minute w/ RB Fitz Toussaint.

steelreserve
01-17-2016, 11:52 PM
I don't blame Touissant. It was a good play by Denver, could have happened to anyone. And it was one mistake that just happened to occur at a bad time. We had plenty of missed opportunities before that, and several chances to prevent it from becoming a back-breaker after. We make one defensive stop on 3rd-and-12, Gay holds on to the interception, or stop their RB a yard earlier at the goal line, and we're not having this discussion. Convert a couple of those big plays earlier in the game into TDs, and we're not even in that position.

For a third-string running back, the guy gave us all we could ask for. Overall, he was effective. A far cry from the days when our backups or even our starters would average about 1.9 yards a carry when we needed them most.

Psycho Ward 86
01-18-2016, 12:01 AM

Ben has really grown up these last couple of years

Edman
01-18-2016, 02:32 AM
Here's something for all you Toussaint HATERS.

Feel better now ?

Let go of your hatred and MOVE ON !!

Yeah, I'm happy that the poor guy basically became a Bill Buckner, gained a guilt complex, and the Steelers lost the game in such a heartbreaking fashion.

I'm happy and joyous for all of that./sarcasm

That's tough for Fitz, but it does no good for him to sit and cry. He's a goat and he has to live with it. He should've held onto that ball. It wasn't a big time tackle or a strip, it was complete carelessness on his part, and the Steelers payed for it.

That play is going to be played and re-played over and over again all offseason, and even beyond.

Now we'll see how he responds to this. It's a challenge. Will he channel this into being a much better player next year, or wither away into nothingness?

tube517
01-18-2016, 07:58 AM

Yeah, but he doesn't prepare enough and is a drama queen. :sarcasm:

katmandu
01-18-2016, 08:11 AM
That's tough for Fitz, but it does no good for him to sit and cry. He's a goat and he has to live with it. He should've held onto that ball. It wasn't a big time tackle or a strip, it was complete carelessness on his part, and the Steelers payed for it.

That play is going to be played and re-played over and over again all offseason, and even beyond.

Now we'll see how he responds to this. It's a challenge. Will he channel this into being a much better player next year, or wither away into nothingness?Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda.....

For what purpose would the media and haters keep rehashing that play ? For WHAT ? As a focus point to keep spewing your HATRED ? Really ?

There's enough hatred spewing out of Bunghole fans right now to saturate the world already! We don't need that mentality infiltrating Steeler Nation! Reach inside yourselves and rise above it !

You'all NEED to read and re-read and re-read Steelreserve's posting until it sinks into your skulls until ya'll let go of your hatred towards this man's MISTAKE !

I don't blame Touissant. It was a good play by Denver, could have happened to anyone. And it was one mistake that just happened to occur at a bad time.

We had plenty of missed opportunities before that, and several chances to prevent it from becoming a back-breaker after.

We make one defensive stop on 3rd-and-12, Gay holds on to the interception, or stop their RB a yard earlier at the goal line, and we're not having this discussion.

Convert a couple of those big plays earlier in the game into TDs, and we're not even in that position.

For a third-string running back, the guy gave us all we could ask for. Overall, he was effective.

A far cry from the days when our backups or even our starters would average about 1.9 yards a carry when we needed them most. Football is the ULTIMATE TEAM sport . Is it not ?

Craic
01-18-2016, 01:33 PM
Ben has really grown up these last couple of years

That was my thought as well. He's really, really turned into a great team leader.