PDA

View Full Version : Hero's and zero's

zulater
01-17-2016, 06:35 PM
Leave the punter in Denver! But regardless there's one goat. It's Touisaant. Not only did he run himself out of a first down, he then fumbled the game away!

zulater
01-17-2016, 06:51 PM
If one person blames Ben for this loss I'll go ballistic! :mad:

JayC
01-17-2016, 06:51 PM
Touisaant cost us the game. I can't get that fumble out of my mind now.

Asshole!

polamalubeast
01-17-2016, 06:52 PM
Good effort by Ben and the rest of the team.But this team sucks in situation football on offense.

zulater
01-17-2016, 06:53 PM
Touisaant cost us the game. I can't get that fumble out of my mind now.

Asshole!

The loss of Deangelo Williams proved too much.

steelerdude15
Touisaant without a doubt and also the person who was supposed to be blocking the defender who hit Touisaant. I think it was Heyward-Bay.

Edman
Rashard Mendenssaint.

steelerdude15
01-17-2016, 06:54 PM

Someone will.

polamalubeast
01-17-2016, 06:54 PM
I don't blame Toussaint....He is the 3rd running back.....

steelerdude15
01-17-2016, 06:55 PM

Someone will.

Drazo85
I just don't understand how can any fan call a Steelers player an asshole. Kid lost the ball, he didn't kill anybody. Get over it.

zulater
Good effort by Ben and the rest of the team.But this team sucks in situation football on offense.

You can never prove it. But without that fumble I think we score the td and put that game away. We were clicking. But ahole fumbles, the defense collpases, and so goes the season.

Outside of Harrison the defense deserves goat horns too for not sacking the ancient one and forcing no turnovers.

ALLD
01-17-2016, 06:56 PM
Fitz and Berger should be cut on Monday. Danny Smith too. STs put us in the hole and when we crawled out we forgot to protect the ball. Let's not forget about all the dropped passes too. Must have been a lot of nerves out there.

You got to see vintage Reothlisberger and James Harrison. They left nothing on the field.

st33lersguy
01-17-2016, 06:57 PM
Heroes: Ben for toughing it out, Harrison, Martavis even with the dropped pass
Zeroes: Special teams especially Wheaton and Berry

Edman
01-17-2016, 06:57 PM
I just don't understand how can any fan call a Steelers player an asshole. Kid lost the ball, he didn't kill anybody. Get over it.

Kid lost the ball when victory was in sight. Earnest Byner Mark II.

Yeah, he gets no excuse. He sucks dick.

fansince'76
01-17-2016, 06:59 PM

If you hadn't noticed already, Yinzer Nation is as spoiled as the day is long...

Drazo85
01-17-2016, 07:00 PM

OK. You're right. Bring the pitchforks. It's time to get that POS out of town.

lipps83
01-17-2016, 07:01 PM

Oh, I didn't realize he kept the Steelers from discovering the cure for cancer. I thought it was just a game for entertainment and bragging rights (really that is all this is about), but no, this is serious stuff here.

Drazo85
If you hadn't noticed already, Yinzer Nation is as spoiled as the day is long...
I noticed. Just don't understand it.

fansince'76

These are the same folks who still wonder why Bradshaw dissed this fanbase for 20+ years after he retired.

Shoes
01-17-2016, 07:02 PM
I don't blame Toussaint....He is the 3rd running back.....

Agreed, the kid played well for the little time he's had. The Steelers better give Bozwell a pay raise.

zulater
01-17-2016, 07:03 PM

It's in the moment guy. If you can;t understand raw emotion then I really don;t give a fuck!

- - - Updated - - -

These are the same folks who still wonder why Bradshaw dissed this fanbase for 20+ years after he retired.

Backstabber! :mad:

This coming from the guy who never gives Haley credit but overreacts to every damn play that doesn;t work/

Shoes
01-17-2016, 07:03 PM
I'm not giving anyone a goat. The team did better than expected..on to the draft.

Terrapinstation
01-17-2016, 07:04 PM
Agreed, the kid played well for the little time he's had. The Steelers better give Bozwell a pay raise.

A raise? A fucking raise? Our fucking idiot coach doesn't trust him to kick a 50yd field goal, twice. you don't give raises to kickers that can't kick 50yd FGs nowadays.

zulater
01-17-2016, 07:05 PM
I've cooled down. Somewhat. But Toussant is the primary goat. No escaping that.

Shoes

Exactly, Im happy we have him, we have a solid #2 for the future.

lipps83
A raise? A fucking raise? Our fucking idiot coach doesn't trust him to kick a 50yd field goal, twice. you don't give raises to kickers that can't kick 50yd FGs nowadays.

He can. Easily. I think it was more the wind than the distance.

Dodt
01-17-2016, 07:06 PM
glad the other receivers we had stepped up(work on ball control tho) , hopefully its a learning experience for the D.

zulater
01-17-2016, 07:07 PM

He kicked a 47 yarder with about ten yards to spare. What the hell are you talking about? :doh:

Shoes
01-17-2016, 07:08 PM

Well a 15mph cross wind has something to do with that.... and yes he deserves a raise, he's made a lot of points this season.

zulater
01-17-2016, 07:08 PM
He can. Easily. I think it was more the wind than the distance.

No. It was a coaches decision. He wanted the TD. If it would have been 4th and 4 instead of 4th and 1 Boswell is on the field.

steelerdude15
01-17-2016, 07:09 PM
I will say, Marty had a really good game tonight.

Edman
01-17-2016, 07:09 PM
I've cooled down. Somewhat. But Toussant is the primary goat. No escaping that.

Toussaint is THE GOAT. No escaping that.

People will say it's unfair and harsh, but this is the nature of life. Just like Steve Bartman and Earnest Byner, scapegoating a harsh part of reality we all face.

Kanata Steeler
01-17-2016, 07:11 PM
Heroes: Ben for toughing it out, Harrison, Martavis even with the dropped pass
Zeroes: Special teams especially Wheaton and Berry

yep,
Marcus Wheaton stunk of the place today.

steelerdude15
01-17-2016, 07:12 PM
yep,
Marcus Wheaton stunk of the place today.

Marcus was pretty good receiving. It was just on special teams he wasn't good.

Shoes
01-17-2016, 07:14 PM

Agreed, he did make some good plays today.

Drazo85
01-17-2016, 07:14 PM
It's in the moment guy. If you can;t understand raw emotion then I really don;t give a fuck!

- - - Updated - - -

Backstabber! :mad:

This coming from the guy who never gives Haley credit but overreacts to every damn play that doesn;t work/
I didn't meant at the regular posters here. But it seems to me that whenever Steelers lose some just pop up to criticize. I have no problem with that either, but when somebody calls a football player an asshole and dick sucker just because he was not being carefull for a moment, then I don't understand it. Sure, he lost us a game, sure we are all down, some more than other, but if call our own a asshole, we are not much better than squawks or bungles fans. And we take much pride in fact that we are better than those so called fans.

fansince'76
01-17-2016, 07:17 PM

Credit for what? This offense muddled in pretty much the bottom 3rd of the league in scoring the same way it did as when Arians was still around for the first 2-and-a-half years of Haley's tenure. When Munchak got hired on and Bell and Bryant exploded that's when things finally started to turn. He's nothing special as an OC and I think we could do better.

zoneblitzerII
01-17-2016, 07:19 PM

True for the most part. They were the better team in this game and should've won by at least 10 but they just didn't capatilize on their opportunities. And again they had a chance to drive down and tie, but yet again, their situational football failed miserably.

Devilsdancefloor
01-17-2016, 07:21 PM
the fumble killed us, but the d shit the bed after it.

Goat ST play the whole game

Hero ben going to hororable mention sammy coates and the boz

zoneblitzerII

He dropped an easy TD pass on a perfectly thrown ball by Ben. Good receivers make those catches. That's what they're paid to do.

stillers4me
Burfict single handedly destroyed our season. Imagine playing this entire season with both Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell...despite Ben's injuries.

Either of them would have made a difference in this game.

SteelerFanInStl
01-17-2016, 07:25 PM
Credit for what? This offense muddled in pretty much the bottom 3rd of the league in scoring the same way it did as when Arians was still around for the first 2-and-a-half years of Haley's tenure. When Munchak got hired on and Bell and Bryant exploded that's when things finally started to turn. He's nothing special as an OC and I think we could do better.

I agree and I'd be jumping up and down if Haley left. Please, someone hire him!

Terrapinstation
01-17-2016, 07:26 PM
Markus Wheaton sucks. Muffed punts, a dropped TD pass. He's not a rookie. Hopefully have seen the last of him. Coates can replace him.

Tomlin, you either have confidence in your kicker or you don't. If you don't, you better try to find one you do. Boswell has been awesome. You punted twice instead of giving the kid a chance.

Pretty good season all things considered. I'm still convinced Denver sucks, and will get destroyed next week. We could have/should have won this game.

Edman
01-17-2016, 07:26 PM
Burfict single handedly destroyed our season. Imagine playing this entire season with both Antonio Brown and Leveon Bell...despite Ben's injuries.

So Vontaze Burfict made Toussaint fumble the ball?

Why not. He had vudu dolls stuck all over his room and stuck Fitz at the right moment.

SteelerFanInStl
01-17-2016, 07:27 PM
He dropped an easy TD pass on a perfectly thrown ball by Ben. Good receivers make those catches. That's what they're paid to do.

I wouldn't call that a drop. I call that a PI by Talib that the asshole refs should've thrown a flag on. He never turned to look at the ball and put his hands up into Bryant's face before the ball got there.

EzraTank
01-17-2016, 07:27 PM

So true. We win easy today with both those guys.

Great game by all except our punter and Toussaint.

fansince'76
01-17-2016, 07:28 PM
I agree and I'd be jumping up and down if Haley left. Please, someone hire him!

Seems to me the main reason ARII basically canned Arians and hired Haley was to help keep Ben upright and healthy? Do you remember a season that Ben was more banged up in than this one? I don't.

zulater
01-17-2016, 07:28 PM

You fall on the sword for Tomlin but you got this huge blind spot for Haley. The guy's a good OC. Ask Mojouw. :lol: seriously you want to put a dagger in my back look in the mirror. any play call that works crickets from you. Same play call, same circumstance as before doesn't work, you're killing Haley! You want to call fellow Steeler fans out for being unreasonable check yourself out too.

Without our best wr, and two best rb's, despite special teams costing us points and field position we were in position to win the game if our 3rd string rb doesn't try to be hero and spinderrella out of a 1st down (or 3rnd and inches) and into a fumble! I;d blame Butler for this loss more than Haley. Only one sack and no forced turnovers.

EzraTank
01-17-2016, 07:29 PM
I wouldn't call that a drop. I call that a PI by Talib that the asshole refs should've thrown a flag on. He never turned to look at the ball and put his hands up into Bryant's face before the ball got there.

It was Wheaton not Bryant. And the difference between an Antonio Brown and a Marcus Wheaton is that Brown stops runs back to the ball and get Talib to run into him for a sure flag. Wheaton is too passive about going for the ball.

zulater
01-17-2016, 07:30 PM

Yep, should have been first and goal.

Steeltreal
01-17-2016, 07:39 PM
Its hard to blame any Steeler other than Berry. 2 punts of 29 yards back to back and another with a net of 19 blasted into the ez. Wind is no excuse

zulater
01-17-2016, 07:40 PM
Seems to me the main reason ARII basically canned Arians and hired Haley was to help keep Ben upright and healthy? Do you remember a season that Ben was more banged up in than this one? I don't.

Ridiculous! Ben got sacked 20 times in how many drop backs this year?

While I think Haley has major culpability in Ben getting hurt last week, overall I think he's done a good job of making Ben a better player.

Kanata Steeler
01-17-2016, 07:45 PM

yes that, and ARII wanted more a running game.

zulater
01-17-2016, 07:55 PM
If you're looking for a hero today I think Tuitt played a tremendous game!

SteelerFanInStl
01-17-2016, 08:01 PM
I gotta give some props to Coates. Man, I wish that he'd been given some more opportunities this year. I really like his potential. Just imagine AB, Martavis, Wheaton and Coates! I think that Wheaton's going to end up getting squeezed out.

- - - Updated - - -

If you're looking for a hero today I think Tuitt played a tremendous game!

He's been one of the highlights of the year for me.

Psycho Ward 86
01-17-2016, 08:02 PM
Gotta give Toussaint the goat, but im still proud of the way he's played in Deangelo's absence. It's good to know that we probably dont have to look far for RB depth next season. Keep your chin up Frency.

Game ball goes to Ben, Martavis for playing one of his most complete games ever, and really the defense in general. We were just a couple plays short today but no one gave us a chance and everyone came out fighting

86WARD
01-17-2016, 08:04 PM
Toussaint (but the kid was pretty much better than anyone thought and all game he was protecting that ball like it was his job), Special Teams. O-Line at times.

I'd really appreciate seeing Danny Smith hit the road.

fansince'76
01-17-2016, 08:06 PM
You fall on the sword for Tomlin but you got this huge blind spot for Haley. The guy's a good OC. Ask Mojouw. :lol: seriously you want to put a dagger in my back look in the mirror. any play call that works crickets from you. Same play call, same circumstance as before doesn't work, you're killing Haley! You want to call fellow Steeler fans out for being unreasonable check yourself out too.

Really? Who started this thread (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/25071-Todd-Haley-lost-us-this-game)? Wasn't me! :chuckle:

zulater
01-17-2016, 08:12 PM
Really? Who started this thread (http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/25071-Todd-Haley-lost-us-this-game)? Wasn't me! :chuckle:

Yeah I did, Touissant is the primary goat. I stand by that. I shouldn't have called him an asshat. But I was mad at the time. I really think that one play is the primary reason we're not sitting here looking ahead to playing the Patriots in the AFC champ game.

Steeltreal
01-17-2016, 08:21 PM
One play my ass. Give credit to Denvers DBs making TD saving tackles against some of the fastest WRs in the league

zulater
01-17-2016, 08:24 PM
One play my ass. Give credit to Denvers DBs making TD saving tackles against some of the fastest WRs in the league

If Touissant doesn't fumble our chances or winning were tremendous.

Mojouw
01-17-2016, 08:26 PM
No one's fault. The 3rd string running back fumbled. Shocking. I mean there might be a reason that he went undrafted and got cut multiple times...

If I'm supposed to ignore how much Wallace sometimes screws the pooch, you can't really bag on Touissant.

zulater
01-17-2016, 08:32 PM
No one's fault. The 3rd string running back fumbled. Shocking. I mean there might be a reason that he went undrafted and got cut multiple times...

If I'm supposed to ignore how much Wallace sometimes screws the pooch, you can't really bag on Touissant.

Sure I can. And so is Charlie Batch right now on the radio. Is he clueless? You know more than he does? Toissant effed up on that play big time. It changed the game! There was no reason for him to get greedy on that play! Had he played within the framework of the play and showed a better understanding of the game circumstances the season is most likely not over.

Yeah I get he was a 3rd string back. But he made a crucial game changing mistake and if you want to pretend it didn't happen or didn't matter, well that's just goofy.

Psycho Ward 86
01-17-2016, 08:52 PM
If Touissant doesn't fumble our chances or winning were tremendous.

If Toussaint doesn't play so well last week, our chances of making it to the divisional round were not so tremendous

you have one hell of a vendetta against a 3rd string player.

zulater
01-17-2016, 09:00 PM
If Toussaint doesn't play so well last week, our chances of making it to the divisional round were not so tremendous

you have one hell of a vendetta against a 3rd string player.
No vendetta. Just pointing out the obvious! It was a big time mistake. Game changing. The game is only hours in the book. I'm still pissed!

GoSlash27
01-17-2016, 09:06 PM
I'm not mad at Toussaint for the fumble. It was close, shit happens. *shrug*
There were several plays in that game that tipped the balance. That's one of them, but only one.

We'll come back next year healthy (hopefully without Michael Vick) and give it another go.

zulater
01-17-2016, 09:08 PM
I'm not mad at Toussaint for the fumble. It was close, shit happens. *shrug*

We'll come back next year healthy (hopefully without Michael Vick) and give it another go.

The fact he wasn't activated today with Ben potentially one solid hit from being done tells you he's gone.

BigNastyDefense
01-17-2016, 09:18 PM
Goat: Fitz Toussiant, and I feel for the kid. I hope he's on the team next year, he's got a lot of potential. Special teams is also a goat here.

Hero: Ben for being tough as nails. Bryant for having one of his best all-around games. I think he clinched the #2 receiver spot today.

People are going to blame the defense/Butler. Manning, even without the arm strength he had even two years ago, still gets rid of the ball lightning fast. He got pressured but didn't get sacked because of that fast release. Willie Gay had two near interceptions, can't blame Butler because they clanged off his hands. The defense played pretty damn well, but were gassed in the fourth quarter after being on the field for most of the second half.

steelerdude15
01-17-2016, 09:19 PM

I don't know if I would exactly call that an easy catch. Should he have caught it yes, but a couple defenders on him. Other than that, he did actually have a good game in the receiving department.

Steel Peon
01-17-2016, 09:20 PM
How about the ENTIRE FUCKING DEFENSIVE FRONT for forgetting to fucking TOUCH Manning for a sack! If you absolutely have to place blame somewhere, then there's where it belongs.

zulater
01-17-2016, 09:23 PM
I don't know if I would exactly call that an easy catch. Should he have caught it yes, but a couple defenders on him. Other than that, he did actually have a good game in the receiving department.

I thought that was an easy interference call. Defender doesn't turn back to see the ball and has his hand in 11's face before the ball gets to him. tough no call there.

- - - Updated - - -

How about the ENTIRE FUCKING DEFENSIVE FRONT for forgetting to fucking TOUCH Manning for a sack! If you absolutely have to place blame somewhere, then there's where it belongs.

By rule he gave himself up on that play and could easily have been ruled down. Manning's own sheepish comments concerning the play in his post game presser tell you that he knew he got away with one.

smokin3000gt
01-17-2016, 10:12 PM

At first I felt the same way. When they replayed it I saw that nobody gave up on him, they were simply too far away too put hands on him.

SteelMayhem72
01-18-2016, 08:11 AM
Im not blaming anybody for this loss except for the officials. Goodell in the stadium, the fix was in. At least 2 no calls for PI that should have been called and you have a pussy qb slide cause hes afraid of getting then can pop back up and complete a pass. Im not whining cause i pretty much expected the NFL "push" for a brady/manning afc championship game.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk