PDA

View Full Version : Over/Under 40 ???

steelerkitty
01-17-2016, 11:35 AM
No not points fans...but the temperature at Kick-off today. As some here may know, Peyton Manning is a career 0-5 in games where the temperature is 40 degrees or less at the kick-off. And according to the most up to date weather report...Denver calls for 41 degrees at 2PM their time, and 40 degrees at 3PM. So what it will be when the game kicks off at 2:40PM...who knows. And...is this really a big deal ?

I think Manning knows this little stat cause it has been mentioned to him so many times. So, I wonder even if it is say 38-40 degrees come kick-off...do the Denver stadium people...who control the on the field digital thermometer...will they change it to read say 41 or 42 degrees...just so Peyton can see it, and make him mentally feel better ( LOL ) :bananadoggywow:

86WARD
01-17-2016, 12:08 PM
I don't think it's going to matter.

steelerkitty
01-17-2016, 12:10 PM
I don't think it's going to matter.

I agree that it shouldn't matter. But players are strange creatures...as I am sure you know. Sometimes things/stats like that can play with any players head. Especially if Manning gets off to a bad start.

fansince'76
01-17-2016, 12:31 PM
If Manning keeps up his crappy play of the last year+, I'm sure that will be the excuse that's made for him...

86WARD
01-17-2016, 12:39 PM
If Manning keeps up his crappy play of the last year+, I'm sure that will be the excuse that's made for him...

If he shows up (which I, unfotunately) think he will...he will have overcome sooooooooooo much INCLUDING the 40-degree temperature...

steelerkitty
01-17-2016, 12:46 PM
Well one thing I think is for sure...no way will we start off like Seattle has. LOL

salamander
01-17-2016, 01:36 PM
Well one thing I think is for sure...no way will we start off like Seattle has. LOL

Don't jinx us...remember we were in a quick big hole against Denver in the regular season, and that was with a healthy Ben and AB.

steelerkitty
01-17-2016, 01:38 PM
Don't jinx us...remember we were in a quick big hole against Denver in the regular season, and that was with a healthy Ben and AB.

That was also with Brock at QB and his 4.42 forty speed.