PDA

View Full Version : Steelers assistants Joey Porter, Mike Munchak fined $10,000 each

tube517
01-15-2016, 02:04 PM
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/15/steelers-assistants-joey-porter-mike-munchak-fined-10000-each/

Steelers assistant coaches Joey Porter and Mike Munchak were each fined $10,000 for their actions in the game, Ian Rapoport of NFL Network reports.

- - - Updated - - -

Steeldude
01-15-2016, 02:13 PM
And what about all of the Bengals' coaches who were on the field too?

hawaiiansteeler
01-15-2016, 03:05 PM
$10,000 is great price for a game winning FG in the AFC Wildcard Game! :thumbsup:

TD's & Beer
01-15-2016, 03:16 PM
$10,000 is great price for a game winning FG in the AFC Wildcard Game! :thumbsup:

Damn skippy!

ha ha

ALLD
01-15-2016, 04:14 PM
Munchak was trying to keep the Bengals from running wild on out sideline. He didn't seek him out to cause a problem or injury. He was restraining him.

86WARD
01-15-2016, 04:15 PM
I still am not seeing the issue with Porter. I can almost understand Munchak...but Porter?

tube517
01-15-2016, 04:16 PM
I still am not seeing the issue with Porter. I can almost understand Munchak...but Porter?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCklbE4NKd8 :chuckle:

SteelerFanInStl
01-15-2016, 04:22 PM
And what about fines for Burfdefect, Pacman, Gilberry, Peko, etc?

Just to follow up on this, Pacman was fined $29k, Gilberry and Peko $8700 each.

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 04:29 PM

Adam Jones fined $28,940 after making contact with an official

Bengals defensive linemen Domata Peko and Wallace Gilberry were each fined $8,681 for unnecessary roughness as well.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/01/15/adam-jones-fined-28940-for-making-contact-with-an-official/

86WARD
01-15-2016, 04:31 PM
They are still adding up Burfict...

BnG_Hevn
01-15-2016, 05:10 PM
Munchak was trying to keep the Bengals from running wild on out sideline. He didn't seek him out to cause a problem or injury. He was restraining him.

You're not serious, right?

fansince'76
01-15-2016, 05:39 PM
You're not serious, right?

The "altercation" involving Munchak wouldn't have happened in the first place if Nelson had backed the hell off when it was pretty clear Todman was already WELL out of bounds instead of not only chasing him 10 yards deep into the sideline, but then continuing to go after him after the play was obviously over.

It was a bullshit penalty and now it's also a bullshit fine. If anyone should have gotten tagged, it should have been Nelson for trying to instigate even more shit.

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/rAPGCsWloD8muranqTVa1Rl4fg0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5890359/coachpenalty.0.gif

Pro tip: When you see the Gatorade table, that means you're well out of the field of play and it's time to chill out.

TD's & Beer
01-15-2016, 08:24 PM
Fuck the Donkeys

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYyphRgUEAAiTPH.jpg

salamander
01-15-2016, 08:42 PM
The "altercation" involving Munchak wouldn't have happened in the first place if Nelson had backed the hell off when it was pretty clear Todman was already WELL out of bounds instead of not only chasing him 10 yards deep into the sideline, but then continuing to go after him after the play was obviously over.

It was a bullshit penalty and now it's also a bullshit fine. If anyone should have gotten tagged, it should have been Nelson for trying to instigate even more shit.

https://cdn2.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/rAPGCsWloD8muranqTVa1Rl4fg0=/800x0/filters:no_upscale%28%29/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_asset/file/5890359/coachpenalty.0.gif

Pro tip: When you see the Gatorade table, that means you're well out of the field of play and it's time to chill out.

Exactly. He had NO business whatsoever going that far into the Steelers' sideline.

ALLD
01-15-2016, 09:12 PM
I thought Nelson was going to push somebody into a table or a piece of equipment. He was in a place where he should not have been trying to cause any problem possible. That was their game plan.

Shoes
01-15-2016, 10:08 PM
The Munch fine is BS imo.

smokin3000gt
01-16-2016, 01:03 AM
This video was in an article that was posted by someone on this board but I don't remember who. I remember seeing Porter get bumped and grabbed during the game. I'm surprised the media made it all about Joey and him being on the field. I thought he handled himself well and kept his cool. He got checked from behind by gilbert grape, then birth defect grabbed a hand full of Joey, then Jones came in like the punk he is and tried to get at JP. I don't think the fine is a good one. If anything, the players should be fined for bumping/grabbing a coach.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wysECduSPfk

zoneblitzerII
01-16-2016, 02:49 AM
Ridiculous. Munchak was like get this Bengal off of me and I saw nothing from Joey.

ETL
01-16-2016, 10:10 AM
This is a SYMOBOLIC fine. I agree that I don't see anything wrong done by Porter and Munchak may have ACCIDENTLY grabbed Nelson's hair when he was trying to restrain him. This is a fine to warn other coaches to be not part of the news during the game.

I don't even know why Porter was fined. If it was going on the field - then 9 Bengals coaches should also have been fined after Shazier tackled Gio. If Porter's fine is for things he said - then lets just see the refs try to police the language that football players use.

I can understand the NFL issuing these fines but again, its how the Bengal's players reacted that caused the commotion in both of these cases.

stillers4me
01-16-2016, 11:11 AM
Refs screwed up on both sides of the ball. The only thing that lost this game for the Bengals was their own stupidity. You are 18 seconds away from winning the game...Don't. Take. The. Bait.

The Bengals want to pretend they are the big tough bullies in the division by acting like a bunch of ghetto rats before and after the games. Then when they blow it, they cry and blame everybody else like little babies.

On to Denver! :tt03:

Hawkman
01-16-2016, 11:24 AM

Just to follow up on this, Pacman was fined $29k, Gilberry and Peko $8700 each.

If the suspension holds Burfict's fine will be over half a million.

Mamaduck43
01-16-2016, 11:32 AM
What killed Joey was the grin on his face.... He looked very pleased to be in the middle of things again.... But PacMans allegations that Joey was mouthing off at the Bengal players is ridiculous - - - unless Joey has been taking ventriloquism lessons - - - outside of the grin, his lips were not moving - - and if he did have something to say he would have done it in Joey Porter fashion - - we could have probably heard him in the far reaches of the stadium.... A stupid fine that will placate the bungles fan base and money well spent..... And, of course, the fact that Joey was pushed into the fray by a sneaky bungle player, this was a non-event.... Bottom line is - - we won - - - they didn't....... Here we go.....

fansince'76
01-16-2016, 12:07 PM

It won't. It'll get reduced to one game on appeal if not just outright reduced to a fine altogether. That's why someone needs to do the league a favor and blow that borderline psychopath's knees out.

SteelerFanInStl
01-16-2016, 12:25 PM

He was suspended for his hit on Brown. He should've also been fined for multiple other infractions throughout the game.

He and Gilberry were the ones that started the whole fiasco with Porter.