PDA

View Full Version : Antonio Brown ruled out for Sunday at Broncos

TD's & Beer
01-15-2016, 08:40 AM
Antonio Brown (concussion) has been ruled out for Sunday's Divisional Round game against the Broncos.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5698/antonio-brown

---------------------

Knew it didn't look good - but damn anyways

ETL
01-15-2016, 08:43 AM
Not surprised. I am still feeling good about this game

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 08:44 AM
Ben with a weak arm,Antonio OUT....This is awful.So this is maybe the time to shock the world!

Edman
01-15-2016, 08:44 AM
Sucks hardcore.

But this is the playoffs. A nobody is going to emerge out of nowhere.

Cedrick Wilson emerged in the 2005 playoffs, Santonio Holmes rose up in 2008, now it's time for an unknown to rise up once again.

Sammie Coates, anyone?

fansince'76
01-15-2016, 08:45 AM
Bu-bu-but, he's FAKING!!! :rolleyes:

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 08:45 AM
Sucks hardcore.

Cedrick Wilson emerged in the 2005 playoffs, Santonio Holmes rose up in 2008, now it's time for an unknown to rise up once again.

Sammie Coates, anyone?

And Antonio Brown in 2010....

Now this is maybe Bryant,Wheaton or Coates to emerge.

tube517
01-15-2016, 08:46 AM

crcsnail
01-15-2016, 08:50 AM
Disappointing but the right call. Gonna be tough to win but u never know. I thought we had lost last week but we found a way to win .. So fingers crossed !

steel striker
01-15-2016, 08:53 AM
Yeah I thought as much and, Packman, Burfirct & the rest of the thugs in Bengal land can go to hell! Makes this game pretty darn tough to win with the shape that Ben is in.

Steelman
01-15-2016, 08:53 AM
Damn. I thought they would at least wait and make it a game-time decision.

EzraTank
01-15-2016, 08:54 AM
So I guess Ms. Pacman will apologize to him now like he said he would on Inside the NFL?

teegre
01-15-2016, 08:57 AM
Sucks hardcore.

Sammie Coates, anyone?

That would be great, especially for the future of the position.

But, my money is on DHB.

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 08:59 AM
Played the Cowherball(run the ball and played great defense) will maybe be the best chance to win!

Steelerschik
01-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Damn. I thought they would at least wait and make it a game-time decision.

Yeah, I knew this Wednesday, no choice. Of course being the faker that he is, he's not going in so he could get his apology from pacmouth.

steelreserve
01-15-2016, 09:04 AM
Played the Cowherball(run the ball and played great defense) will maybe be the best chance to win!

Yeah, if we had a great defense.

SteelMayhem72
01-15-2016, 09:05 AM
i bet Ben gets ruled out today

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 09:06 AM

This is not impossible than the steelers defense have a great game sunday against a old Peyton Manning in the playoffs.

TD's & Beer
01-15-2016, 09:08 AM
16 catches, 189 yds and 2 TD's - hard to replace by playing defense

Spread them out, come out passing - bring in Coates and throw a shitload of bubble screens.

Mojouw
01-15-2016, 09:09 AM
http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/12/129581/3666136-5719310562-13266.jpg

cold-hard-steel
01-15-2016, 09:09 AM
We start Jones at QB,and see how he starts .Even if Ben can start , he is on the sideline waiting for his cue . Brown is out of the formula now. That would mean every player on the field would be healthy from the start . If Ben can play and we then need him it's nice to know he's there and ready . Defense is going to have to be an important factor in this game now more than before . The offense is going to have to throw the book at Denver no two ways about it . I wouldn't be surprised if we had 2 QB's on the field on the same play.

Steelerschik
01-15-2016, 09:10 AM

WE CAN DO THIS! We don't need a great defense, just a good one that can knock Manning off his game. I just hope the PO Manning we all know and love shows up, which could happen. I also look at Manning after a bye, notoriously not so good. Stranger things have happened!!!!

teegre
01-15-2016, 09:13 AM
The has NEVER been a playoff game where a team has played without its leading receiver AND its leading rusher.

Pittsburgh could make history.

JayC
01-15-2016, 09:16 AM
we're fucked

teegre
01-15-2016, 09:17 AM
I foresee two or three turnovers by Manning, one being a pick-six, and the other two setting up (at least) FGs.

Manning will spot the Steelers 12-18 points.

Steelerschik
01-15-2016, 09:19 AM
The has NEVER been a playoff game where a team has played without its leading receiver AND its leading rusher.

Oh...............no wonder Denver is sounding so cocky, arrogant, smug and overconfident. Hope it bites them in the ass.

- - - Updated - - -

I foresee two or three turnovers by Manning, one being a pick-six, and the other two setting up (at least) FGs.

By who? Blake or Gay? That's where we lose it right there.

Mojouw
01-15-2016, 09:20 AM
In all seriousness, it can be overcome. It isn't like they don't have a ton of talent at the position.

Wheaton takes over most of AB's duties. Some of the screen work is put on Bryant, just because he is potentially lethal after the catch to a degree no one else on the roster is. DHB and Coates have to step up, get open, and not let passes clang of their hands. If a few early passes, doesn't matter what kind, can be funneled their way AND be successful, then Denver will have to respect those 2 on routes and stretch their coverages out.

The biggest challenge will be Miller. I suspect they are going to want to leave Miller in to block and help prevent a catastrophic hit on Roethlisberger. That is going to hurt because you have lost all of your demonstrated short area weapons now (AB, Bell, if Miller blocks, etc).

As I see it the guys that have to step it up are however you spell the new RB's name, Wheaton, and Coates. We shall see. If Roethlisberger was fully healthy, I actually wouldn't be all that concerned, but with a limited Roethlisberger and missing the team's best non-deep route WR -- well, Hicks may have said it all.

lipps83
01-15-2016, 09:20 AM
That would be great, especially for the future of the position.

But, my money is on DHB.

I agree with DHB. Coates won't be seeing the field much unless he shows a potential for positive impact early in the game. I think the Steelers are probably going to start trying to focus on developing the run.

This is going to be tougher to pull off now, but still possible.

EzraTank
01-15-2016, 09:22 AM
Well now it's time to see what Keith Butler is made of. He needs to come up with a scheme to keep this game close. Stop the run and cover short passes. If they can force Manning to throw the ball over 10 yards by playing tight press coverage they will have an outside shot. If the Bronco's can run the ball we're toast. If they can't then we will have a chance but Manning, even with his rag arm, is still a great QB.

There's no way we're outscoring them to win so we need our defense/ST to play the game of their lives. If we can somehow get past this week then you have to figure getting all 3 guys back for the AFC Championship game is a possibility. A tall order but you have to play the games anything could happen.

That all said this year has been a success regardless of what happens Sunday. If we can get healthy for next year and continue to build our young defense while cutting the dead weight look out in 2016!

lotas
01-15-2016, 09:27 AM
Did you guys see Osweiler is questionable now for Sunday? So even if Manning self-destructs and they want to pull him and put in Brocky-poo he won't be at 100% either.

This game is going to come down to defense on both sides. The way our D has been playing as of late, I have faith in them. Last Saturday was the perfect "spark" for them to understand what they are capable of, even when all odds are against them. All it takes is for a few play makers to step up, and the whole team starts to carry that energy.

teegre
01-15-2016, 09:30 AM
By who? Blake or Gay?

Gay has returned his past six interceptions for touchdowns.

I forsee a seventh.

Steelman
01-15-2016, 09:31 AM

William Gay says he will take care of that. :grin:

^^ I see we're on the same page. :drink:

teegre
01-15-2016, 09:42 AM
Last season, the Steelers had four All Pros. Three are out for this game.

Pouncey: out
Bell: out
AB: out

BB is hobbled. D.Williams is out. And, the defense has been maligned all season long.

This is setting up nicely for a Disney-esque ending.

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 09:47 AM
If the Steelers win Sunday, it will be maybe the most improbable postseason win in Steelers history.

Without Brown who had more than 1,800 yards and with a weak arm for Roethlisberger.

The pressure is on Denver.The Steelers have nothing to lose for this game.

zoneblitzerII
01-15-2016, 09:49 AM
This news is just sad. I wanted to see AB play.

tube517
01-15-2016, 09:53 AM
Last season, the Steelers had four All Pros. Three are out for this game.

Pouncey: out
Bell: out
AB: out

BB is DRAMATICALLY hobbled. D.Williams is out. And, the defense has been maligned all season long.

This is setting up nicely for a Disney-esque ending.

Fixed and Agreed. :chuckle:

fansince'76
01-15-2016, 09:53 AM
Someone needs to do the league a favor and take "Birth Defect" out at the knees.

lotas
01-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Well now it's time to see what Keith Butler is made of. He needs to come up with a scheme to keep this game close. Stop the run and cover short passes. If they can force Manning to throw the ball over 10 yards by playing tight press coverage they will have an outside shot. If the Bronco's can run the ball we're toast. If they can't then we will have a chance but Manning, even with his rag arm, is still a great QB.

There's no way we're outscoring them to win so we need our defense/ST to play the game of their lives. If we can somehow get past this week then you have to figure getting all 3 guys back for the AFC Championship game is a possibility. A tall order but you have to play the games anything could happen.

That all said this year has been a success regardless of what happens Sunday. If we can get healthy for next year and continue to build our young defense while cutting the dead weight look out in 2016!
The Baltimore game really showed how far Butler has to go as a DC. I've been absolutely thrilled with him this year overall, the defense has done nothing but improve in terms of sacks, interceptions, turnovers, pressure, tackling, urgency, speed, and intensity. However, Butler said in an interview sometime after the Baltimore game that he really learned a lot from that game and realized he had to pressure more in certain situations (or something to that effect). So Butler is clearly still learning, as he should be, it's only his first damn year! Not only is our young defense slowly gelling and improving as a unit, but our DC is also gaining valuable experience and knowledge and adjusting his scheme accordingly. We are so close, once our secondary is complete we'll be that much stronger.

This defense in 2016 is going to be reminiscent of 2005, 2008, and 2010, and it is going to control and win ball games, with an offense that will be unstoppable. That is of course, assuming the next time we play Cincinnati Burfict doesn't bring a knife and shank Ben, Brown and Bell in pregame warmups. :brick:

fansince'76
01-15-2016, 09:59 AM
The Baltimore game really showed how far Butler has to go as a DC. I've been absolutely thrilled with him this year overall, the defense has done nothing but improve in terms of sacks, interceptions, turnovers, pressure, tackling, urgency, speed, and intensity. However, Butler said in an interview sometime after the Baltimore game that he really learned a lot from that game and realized he had to pressure more in certain situations (or something to that effect). So Butler is clearly still learning, as he should be, it's only his first damn year! Not only is our young defense slowly gelling and improving as a unit, but our DC is also gaining valuable experience and knowledge and adjusting his scheme accordingly. We are so close, once our secondary is complete we'll be that much stronger.

This defense in 2016 is going to be reminiscent of 2005, 2008, and 2010, and it is going to control and win ball games, with an offense that will be unstoppable. That is of course, assuming the next time we play Cincinnati Burfict doesn't bring a knife and shank Ben, Brown and Bell in pregame warmups. :brick:

Agreed. What is most encouraging to me is that Butler is willing to CHANGE THINGS UP when it's clear the current gameplan isn't working, which is a dramatic departure from recent years.

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 10:00 AM

tube517
01-15-2016, 10:06 AM

steelreserve
01-15-2016, 10:06 AM
Counting on the defense to come up big ... I don't know about that. If it's anything like the last game, Blake will start again, we'll play the sit-back, and Denver will be all over it. We'll be the ones spotting them three touchdowns, not the other way around. And this time, without the offense at full strength, the hole will be too big to dig ourselves out of. That's my nightmare scenario, but given our inability to learn from our mistakes re: Blake and the starting defensive scheme, I'd rate it a good possibility. Being able to adjust in-game is a nice change from the past, but we need to not put ourselves behind the 8-ball to start with.

As for replacing Brown, it would be a mistake to move Wheaton up to #1 or #2. We tried that earlier in the season and he was just horrid in that role. He's been great as a slot receiver, but the difference when you move him outside is night and day. Better to have DHB or even Coates try to fill that role. Depending on how limited Ben's arm strength is, we may also be better off using more two-TE sets so that one of Heath or Jesse James can be an underneath receiver if the other one is blocking. James has shown he is a legitimate option in the passing game, so we might as well use that to our advantage in this kind of situation.

Curious to know how Brown is ruled out when there are still three full days until the game. Three and a half, actually.

Rotorhead
01-15-2016, 10:07 AM
Sucks about AB, here is one thing I am hoping and could be going on, Ben will be able to through down field like normal, just with some pain. So early in the game we will just do dink and dunk and let our defense control the game, they out of nowhere we will take a TD shot way downfield and surprise the Broncos to get into their heads. Or the first play from scrimmage Ben will launch a 50 yarder for a 1 play TD to get into their heads. Either way, that will rattle the Broncos defense and give us a psychological edge. I am hoping for the later in the game option to give them less time to recover though. As long as we can keep it close on defense we could still win this game. We need a lights out performance from everyone else on this team!

vader29
01-15-2016, 10:11 AM
Re-sign Jacoby Jones!

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 10:12 AM
Counting on the defense to come up big ... I don't know about that. If it's anything like the last game, Blake will start again, we'll play the sit-back, and Denver will be all over it. We'll be the ones spotting them three touchdowns, not the other way around. And this time, without the offense at full strength, the hole will be too big to dig ourselves out of. That's my nightmare scenario, but given our inability to learn from our mistakes re: Blake and the starting defensive scheme, I'd rate it a good possibility. Being able to adjust in-game is a nice change from the past, but we need to not put ourselves behind the 8-ball to start with.

As for replacing Brown, it would be a mistake to move Wheaton up to #1 or #2. We tried that earlier in the season and he was just horrid in that role. He's been great as a slot receiver, but the difference when you move him outside is night and day. Better to have DHB or even Coates try to fill that role. Depending on how limited Ben's arm strength is, we may also be better off using more two-TE sets so that one of Heath or Jesse James can be an underneath receiver if the other one is blocking. James has shown he is a legitimate option in the passing game, so we might as well use that to our advantage in this kind of situation.

Curious to know how Brown is ruled out when there are still three full days until the game. Three and a half, actually.

We can rely on this defense.Just watching the game against the Cardinals this year.

Also,the Steelers play against an old Peyton Manning and the Steelers have been very good in sacks and turnovers this year.

fansince'76
01-15-2016, 10:14 AM
Re-sign Jacoby Jones!

SWEEEEEEEEEED!

:chuckle:

teegre
01-15-2016, 10:15 AM
Here is what I would like to see...

...Bryant have a game like he did against Arizona (137 yards, 2 TDs).

...Wheaton have a game like he did against Seattle (201 yards, 1 TD).

...DHB have a breakout game, or just do what he did against San Fran (77 yards, 1 TD).

...TNT have a game like they did against the Bengals (168 yards from scrimmage).

And...

...Shazier have a game like he did against San Fran (15 tackles, 2 TFL, 1 sack, 1 FF).

...Tuitt and Heyward have games like he did against Baltimore in September (10 tackles and 7 tackles).

...Gay get his seventh interception returned for a TD in a row.

SteeleReign
01-15-2016, 10:48 AM
I think it's going to be a heavy dose of Heath & expect Jesse James to be the man who "rises up."

It's gonna come down to the oline in this one. We can't afford to have our TEs sitting back and blocking all game, we need them over the middle. It's not like BB can get the ball downfield anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

It'd be interesting to see them use Vick in the Wildcat a couple times and then let him launch a few downfield to Heyward-Bey and Bryant. Gotta stretch the field at some point and doesn't sound like Ben will be able.

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 10:51 AM
I think it's going to be a heavy dose of Heath & expect Jesse James to be the man who "rises up."

It's gonna come down to the oline in this one. We can't afford to have our TEs sitting back and blocking all game, we need them over the middle. It's not like BB can get the ball downfield anyway.

- - - Updated - - -

It'd be interesting to see them use Vick in the Wildcat a couple times and then let him launch a few downfield to Heyward-Bey and Bryant. Gotta stretch the field at some point and doesn't sound like Ben will be able.

The wildcat is a terrible idea.You never removed your QB on the field, especially when it's Roethlisberger

steelreserve
01-15-2016, 11:00 AM
Wildcat or not, I think it would be wise to keep all three QBs active this time. If Ben can't throw and we figure that out in the first quarter, I don't want our one and only option to be counting on Landry Jones to line up and beat 'em straight up. One big play could be where Vick redeems himself.

SteeleReign
01-15-2016, 11:06 AM
The wildcat is a terrible idea.You never removed your QB on the field, especially when it's Roethlisberger

I think I mean the option, not so much the wildcat. My point is that we may need to get creative in this game. We will have a very difficult time beating Denver without the threat of the deep ball. If Ben can't do it, we need to find another way to provide that threat.

- - - Updated - - -

Wildcat or not, I think it would be wise to keep all three QBs active this time. If Ben can't throw and we figure that out in the first quarter, I don't want our one and only option to be counting on Landry Jones to line up and beat 'em straight up. One big play could be where Vick redeems himself.

Definitely. MUST have all three active.

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 11:52 AM

- - - Updated - - -

Dissolv
01-15-2016, 12:02 PM
Go back to the well one more time -- lets see the Cowherball with the deep play action pass once a quarter, and at least one gadget play. Like the one that worked last week!

Dissolv

BigNastyDefense
01-15-2016, 12:07 PM
Hopefully Vick is active. He's not very good, but at least he can throw it deep and run. Landry Jones can't seem to throw it deep and he's not a runner. I'd rather have Vick come in if we have to pull Ben (at least Vick has playoff experience).

ThorndikeFFA
01-15-2016, 12:22 PM
we're fucked

We are with that attitude!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7vtWB4owdE

hawaiiansteeler
01-15-2016, 12:26 PM
Re-sign Jacoby Jones!

not Dri Archer? :chuckle:

BigBen2004
01-15-2016, 01:42 PM
I'm not sure this defense is ready to carry such a heavy load. Next season, sure. I see them being a great defense again. But, they can only do so much with the talent they have.

I expect Ben to play well, regardless of the reports. But Denver's defense is going to have a much easier time stopping our offense.

No matter what happens, I know in my heart that the Steelers will win Super Bowl 51. If we lose Sunday, it'll be a learning experience. We made significant progress this season, with all the adversity we faced. Keep your heads up, because this team is definitely back.

lotas
01-15-2016, 02:16 PM
Hopefully Vick is active. He's not very good, but at least he can throw it deep and run. Landry Jones can't seem to throw it deep and he's not a runner. I'd rather have Vick come in if we have to pull Ben (at least Vick has playoff experience).
Jones can throw it long. Landry Jones and Sammie Coates hooked up for several deep balls in the preseason.

Here's one of them: http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap3000000514951/Sammie-Coates-54-yard-catch

Jones throws that shit with his feet planted, that's an impressive throw.

Steelman
01-15-2016, 02:18 PM
Sucks about AB, here is one thing I am hoping and could be going on, Ben will be able to through down field like normal, just with some pain. So early in the game we will just do dink and dunk and let our defense control the game, they out of nowhere we will take a TD shot way downfield and surprise the Broncos to get into their heads. Or the first play from scrimmage Ben will launch a 50 yarder for a 1 play TD to get into their heads. Either way, that will rattle the Broncos defense and give us a psychological edge. I am hoping for the later in the game option to give them less time to recover though. As long as we can keep it close on defense we could still win this game. We need a lights out performance from everyone else on this team!

Martavis already spilled the beans that Ben threw 40 yards at practice.

Offensively, the key for this game will be Toussaint and Todman doing what they did last week AND actually using play action. That's something that we seem to have gotten away from in general, but Ben's good at it and it will help stretch the defense if we do take a few deep shots.

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 02:22 PM
The Chiefs and the Patriots would've been a bigger challenge for the steelers without Antonio Brown.Yes the Broncos defense is very good, but their offense is mediocre and that's why I think the game could be close.

If the Steelers win, I hope that Brown will be back next week.

TD's & Beer
01-15-2016, 02:53 PM
We're all in this together. #HereWeGo (https://twitter.com/hashtag/HereWeGo?src=hash)

http://i1378.photobucket.com/albums/ah84/shoebox101/BH_zpsutaw98je.jpg

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 02:54 PM
Despite Loss Of Brown, Tomlin Not Changing Course

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/despite-loss-of-brown-tomlin-not-changing-course/

BnG_Hevn
01-15-2016, 04:04 PM

And starting center (highly skilled) and and injured QB.

ALLD
01-15-2016, 04:13 PM
I am not so sure it's concussion symptoms and instead a sore neck. Could have nearly ruined the career of the best WR in the NFL. Also knocked out our best RB and almost the QB not to mention players on other teams and all he got was 3 games? Next PI should be 1-year at a minimum.

Next game should be called the Band-Aid Bowl. Maybe if we took the best players from both teams we could field one healthy one. Maybe.

86WARD
01-15-2016, 04:14 PM
Not surprised. I am still feeling good about this game

Convince me...I'm not feeling any sense of good coming out of this game.

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 04:23 PM
Convince me...I'm not feeling any sense of good coming out of this game.

The Steelers have already surprised us in the past.Just this year, they beat the mighty Cardinals without Roethlisberger.The Broncos are not dominant.They win by more than 7 points only three times this year.I am confident this game will be close and the steelers will give an incredible effort.

It would have been tougher against the Chiefs or the Pats, but against the Broncos, this is possible and if the Steelers win in Denver, Brown could return next week.

86WARD
01-15-2016, 04:36 PM
I'm not buying the surprise thing...I want to believe, but I'm not seeing it...

Manning has been garbage all year. This game sets up for him to have a career playoff performance and then shit the bed the next week. Without Brown, the receiving Corp will struggle against a defensive backfield that is 2 quarters better than they were earlier in the season.

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 04:40 PM
The Broncos are 5-4 in the last 9 games.....

It would no be an surprise if Manning is bad and if this is the case, the Steelers will have a chance to win.

Rotorhead
01-15-2016, 04:53 PM
Even with TJ Ward they are beatable. He is only one player and the guy playing for him is no slouch. If you remember we passed all over them last game. They will respect the pass this game and our running lanes should be better (not that we really tried to run against them last time with 55 pass attempts). Maybe they load up the box to stop the run, but that just opens up the short to intermediate passing game for us. If Ben can throw the ball 20yds with no problems, we will be fine. But we will need MB and Wheaton to have their best games. Fitz out of the backfield, Heath out there. We have the offensive firepower to still move the ball. It will be up to our defense to win this game. To do that we will need to stop the running game first, then put some pressure on Manning (which should be easy considering the state their OL is in). That is the key to this game I think. Low scoring def slugfest and it is anyones game.

SteeleReign
01-15-2016, 05:01 PM
I like the fact that we will be given no chance to win due to our injuries. Hopefully the Broncs overlook us and we catch them by surprise.

This game is going to come down to o-ine play for both teams. The QB with the most time in the pocket wins.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

salamander
01-15-2016, 05:21 PM
At least if we lose, it won't come as a surprise.

steelreserve
01-15-2016, 05:26 PM
Aside from the fact that it would make a great story, I don't like anything about this. The fact is, we're playing the #1 seed in the AFC on the road missing three All-Pros, and our only decent quarterback has a shoulder injury in his throwing arm.

Anyone hoping the Broncos will "overlook" us is dreaming. You get this far in the season and you are not fucking around. No, we have to beat them. Maybe we get a lucky break that they're rusty, or their offense is simply not firing on all cylinders, but we are not going to catch anyone by surprise for more than one or two plays.

JayC
01-15-2016, 05:27 PM
guess the good news for me is that im not gonna get all emotional if the steelers lay a turd this week.

i'm expecting to get blown out and struggle to get any points

SteeleReign
01-15-2016, 05:34 PM
Aside from the fact that it would make a great story, I don't like anything about this. The fact is, we're playing the #1 seed in the AFC on the road missing three All-Pros, and our only decent quarterback has a shoulder injury in his throwing arm.

Anyone hoping the Broncos will "overlook" us is dreaming. You get this far in the season and you are not fucking around. No, we have to beat them. Maybe we get a lucky break that they're rusty, or their offense is simply not firing on all cylinders, but we are not going to catch anyone by surprise for more than one or two plays.
Don't read me wrong. I definitely don't expect the Broncos to overlook us. Too many vets on that team, and they have a "score" to settle with us.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 05:56 PM

I do not think the Broncos will overlook the steelers.The reason I think the Steelers can beat the Broncos, is that the broncos not have a great team.

They lost at home against the Raiders with 126 offensive yards for Oakland, the weak Vikings offense scored 20 points against them on their turf and they almost lost against the chargers in week 17.The broncos almost never win by a blowout.Manning can also lose a game by himself.He has been the worst starter in the NFL this year.

The Steelers will give a maximun effort, I am convinced and this game can be close.

cubanstogie
01-15-2016, 06:01 PM
guess the good news for me is that im not gonna get all emotional if the steelers lay a turd this week.

i'm expecting to get blown out and struggle to get any points
I won't be as emotionally vested as I normally get as well. I think it will be close due to the fact that Manning is an interception machine this year and in playoffs and the D has been looking good except for occasional big play and pass interference on a long bomb. Manning doesn't throw long well anymore which is a plus. D has been good at forcing turnovers as well. The problem is I will be holding my breath everytime Ben drops back, one big hit and Landy comes in. I actually think Vick might be the better option. Vick is good for pic and fumble, Landry is good for at least 2 picks. So in a nut shell both Defenses will probably have the same strategy, stop the run and short passes. I don't think either will be to worried about deep ball. I do think Steelers D will play well and it will come down to last possession,which gives Denver advantage playing in altitude with thin air.

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 06:03 PM
The pressure will be on Denver if the game is close in the 4th quarter.....

st33lersguy
01-15-2016, 06:20 PM
Guess we know the truth now since we have been getting conflicting reports all week. First he is ok, then he is doubtful, then he is expected to play, shortly after he is out

TD's & Beer
01-15-2016, 06:27 PM
http://www.chungkong.nl/wp-content/uploads/2014/01/My-I-want-to-believe-minimal-poster-Enterprice-235px.jpg

st33lersguy
01-15-2016, 07:14 PM
The only thing giving this team a chance is Mannng's track record of postseason play. The fact that this team needed a big comeback to win in a shootout at home with a healthy Ben and AB just to win by 7. Add the fact that Denver is pissed off at Cody Wallace for knocking out one of their guys, they need an epic Manning choke job

Shoes
01-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Backyard football, throw the kitchen sink at them. I feel good about this game, if Ben does play I still think I'd bring Vick up behind Landry.

katmandu
01-15-2016, 09:21 PM
Bu-bu-but, he's FAKING!!! :rolleyes:You all have to see this!

Look at the rationale Bengal fans are using! Seriously!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJFeNJZx1uQ&feature=youtu.be

BTW, Pacman Jones "manned up" and did the RIGHT thing by publically apologizing to AB.

http://deadspin.com/pacman-jones-apologizes-for-saying-that-antonio-brown-f-1753246341

NCSteeler
01-15-2016, 10:25 PM
Reminiscint of the 1976 AFC Champ game, didn't go so well for the Disney-esqe ending though

NCSteeler
01-15-2016, 10:31 PM
Despite Loss Of Brown, Tomlin Not Changing Course

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/despite-loss-of-brown-tomlin-not-changing-course/

What is that headline supposed to mean. Oh well Brown is out so we are just gonna run it 60 times? Oh well Brown is out so we are just going to stay home? IDK

fansince'76
01-15-2016, 10:35 PM
Reminiscint of the 1976 AFC Champ game, didn't go so well for the Disney-esqe ending though

'76 Raiders > '15 Broncos, by a wide margin...

NCSteeler
01-15-2016, 10:37 PM
'76 Raiders > '15 Broncos, by a wide margin...

I definitely agree with that, but we are still pulling a tired beat up tea into an away game against a decent team. I trouncing would not surprise me, but a win wouldn't either. An interesting game for sure.

fansince'76
01-15-2016, 10:44 PM
I definitely agree with that, but we are still pulling a tired beat up tea into an away game against a decent team. I trouncing would not surprise me, but a win wouldn't either. An interesting game for sure.

To be honest, I don't really have my hopes up for this game either, particularly with Ben banged up and Brown out. Maybe I will be pleasantly surprised, though.

Galax Steeler
01-16-2016, 03:41 AM
Have they said who would be returning punts Sunday, I read alot of these posts and didn't see it anywhere?

tube517
01-16-2016, 04:25 AM
Have they said who would be returning punts Sunday, I read alot of these posts and didn't see it anywhere?
I saw Wheaton in Twitter but we shall see. Cant find the tweet right now

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk