PDA

View Full Version : Mel Kiper Jr's. first Mock Draft has Steelers taking a CB in Round 1

hawaiiansteeler
01-14-2016, 08:56 PM
ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. Mock Draft has the Pittsburgh Steelers taking a CB with their first pick

By Jeff.Hartman on Jan 14, 2016

https://cdn0.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/2hppdD_XRvSHxf7rbcrhJsbPiqo=/0x92:2792x1953/1310x873/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/48562709/usa-today-8077103.0.jpg

ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. has produced his first mock draft of the season, and he has the Pittsburgh Steelers doing something they never do -- draft a cornerback in the first round.

Despite the Pittsburgh Steelers preparing for their AFC Divisional Round game against the Denver Broncos in the AFC Playoffs, the majority of NFL teams have begun their offseason preparations. Other than free agency, the draft process is certainly paramount with teams looking add quality talent to their team at specific positions.

It is no mystery the Steelers need help in the secondary, and one of the biggest reasons for this concern is the fact the majority of their secondary will be free agents at the end of the season. William Gay, Antwon Blake and Brandon Boykin will all hit free agency, if the Steelers don't lock them up, and if they all leave for greener pastures, the team will be looking at Ross Cockrell, Senquez Golson and Doran Grant as the only returning defensive backs with experience in the Steelers' system.

With all that said, it should come as no surprise that many are projecting the Steelers to address the cornerback position in the upcoming 2016 NFL Draft. I know what you are thinking, "But the Steelers NEVER draft a cornerback in the first round." This is true, but it didn't stop ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. from having the Steelers do the unthinkable with their first pick in the draft.

See who Kiper had going to the Steelers, and his analysis:

25. Pittsburgh Steelers

*Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

The Steelers have been a mess on the back end for much of the season, and could add multiple cornerbacks in the draft. (Remember they will get back Senquez Golson, however.) Fuller comes from a line of NFL players (his brother is a cornerback for the Bears) and has tremendous talent. He missed much of 2015 after trying to play through a cartilage injury in his knee, but should be in great shape for the draft process.

(The asterisks by Fuller's name signifies he has one year of eligibility remaining.)

Could the Steelers break their growing trend of delaying drafting defensive backs until the early-to-mid rounds of the draft? There are other areas of need which certainly could trump the secondary, as difficult as that may be to read for most fans. Nonetheless, regardless of how you view the Steelers' potential draft needs, the team will likely follow the "Best Player Available" philosophy which has helped them land some tremendous players in recent draft classes.

Kiper has the Steelers drafting No. 25, but I'm sure all would agree the hope is they draft with the No. 31 position and the serious draft talk doesn't start until Mid-February after the Steelers bring home their 7th Lombardi trophy.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-news/2016/1/14/10707662/espns-mel-kiper-jr-mock-draft-has-the-pittsburgh-steelers-taking-a-cb

BigNastyDefense
01-14-2016, 09:04 PM
I wouldn't mind that at all, and maybe Von Bell in the second round?

Craic
01-14-2016, 09:06 PM
ALREADY POSTED

http://www.steelersuniverse.com/forums/showthread.php/25153-Mel-Kiper-s-1st-NFL-Mock-Draft-of-2016?p=536074#post536074

teegre
01-14-2016, 10:13 PM
I think that you could get Fuller in R2. 25 (or 31 :wink02: ) seems a little high.

I'd prefer Jayron Kearse or Su'a Cravens in R1. I know, I know, both of those guys are not really R1 picks, either (more around 35ish)... but, I see them as difference-makers.

JayC
01-14-2016, 11:23 PM
they've been projecting cornerback for like a decade and it never happens. i think partially because other teams take our picks (Jets with Revis, Chiefs with Peters, etc)

steelreserve
01-15-2016, 10:28 AM
I definitely think it needs to be a focus again this draft. Only way I would say wait beyond round 1 is if we do something to address DT, which is the cause of a cascading failure in the rest of the defense. Would like to see how our two picks from this year turn out, but even if they come up aces, we could still use another guy.

Also, we need to stop this shit where we're picking late in the first round, and we pass on a DB that could help us because - omg - the best ones were all taken early and now the guys left are rated early second round. Holy shit, can't reach by a whole six projected draft slots, better let it go for another year!

Another thing we need to realize is that there will ALWAYS be a linebacker who is an "incredible pure talent" that falls to the late first round. It is roughly as surprising to hear that the earth did not crash into the sun. It doesn't mean we have to jump all over it like an 80-year-old grandma who found out she won the Nigerian lottery.

Shoes
01-15-2016, 10:39 AM
No way Colbert picks a CB in the 1st unless one of the tops slide through the cracks. I'd go DT in the 1st

teegre
01-15-2016, 10:42 AM
Only way I would say wait beyond round 1 is if we do something to address DT,

Well, this would be the year to get a D-lineman. There's a smorgasbord... specifically the three from Alabama.

Using Mel's mock as a template, once the Steelers are on the clock, Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA is still on the board. I would have zero problem taking him.

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 10:45 AM
If the steelers pick a DT in the first round, it needs to be a 3rd down players, otherwise it would be a waste pick.

steelreserve
01-15-2016, 11:03 AM
If the steelers pick a DT in the first round, it needs to be a 3rd down players, otherwise it would be a waste pick.

Yes, except exactly the opposite of that.

Rotorhead
01-15-2016, 11:40 AM
Other than Boykin, I hightly doubt we will lose any of our FA CB's . . . I mean have you seen them play? Who is going to outbid us for them? I would rather have a Rnd 1-2 CB that will be able to play from our first pick than a DT all day. Maybe we can get a solid CB in FA or a solid DT in FA (Hell most of the Browns DT's are ready to skip out of that place after their 6th coaching change maybe we can get one of them in FA). I mean, if we resign Gay, Cockrell and maybe Boykin we are literally 1 solid CB away from a good defense. We definately need some depth along the DL, but it is depth we need, not starters. I am happy with Heyward, McClendon, Tuitt and McCullers plus either a FA backup or a 2nd rnd backup in along the line. We NEED a starting CB.

hawaiiansteeler
01-15-2016, 11:54 AM
I think that you could get Fuller in R2. 25 (or 31 :wink02: ) seems a little high.

I'd prefer Jayron Kearse or Su'a Cravens in R1. I know, I know, both of those guys are not really R1 picks, either (more around 35ish)... but, I see them as difference-makers.

this would be a great year for us to trade down to the 35-40 area and pick up extra draft choices since we don't have our 5th and 6th round picks this year...

ThorndikeFFA
01-15-2016, 12:46 PM
I think we need a CB and a Strong Safety in the worst possible way. Anything other than the BPA at one of those two positions in the first will be a bonehead pick. So, I'm expecting a bonehead pick.

Mojouw
01-15-2016, 01:41 PM
this would be a great year for us to trade down to the 35-40 area and pick up extra draft choices since we don't have our 5th and 6th round picks this year...

Can't agree with that. If anything this is the year to trade up. This team doesn't need depth (that is what you get in the 5th-7th round) or guys to stock the PS with. They need starters and impact players. Those are high picks. No one drafted in the 5th round in 2016 is going to help the defense improve quickly enough to form the other half of a championship run. How many more years do they have with this offense? 3?

Not a time to slowly develop a project player after you trade out of the first round. Of course, that being said, it is exactly what they will do. Once again, showing that I don't know a thing when it comes to draft day!

steelreserve
01-15-2016, 02:41 PM
I think we need a CB and a Strong Safety in the worst possible way. Anything other than the BPA at one of those two positions in the first will be a bonehead pick. So, I'm expecting a bonehead pick.

Don't worry, it'll be a linebacker.

Can't agree with that. If anything this is the year to trade up. This team doesn't need depth (that is what you get in the 5th-7th round) or guys to stock the PS with. They need starters and impact players. Those are high picks. No one drafted in the 5th round in 2016 is going to help the defense improve quickly enough to form the other half of a championship run. How many more years do they have with this offense? 3?

Not a time to slowly develop a project player after you trade out of the first round. Of course, that being said, it is exactly what they will do. Once again, showing that I don't know a thing when it comes to draft day!

When's the last time they did that? 50 years ago?

In all seriousness, though, this would be the year to go up and get the one player who we think will make a difference.

We might be acceptable at CB with Golson and Grant actually playing alongside Gay - although at the very least I'd like them to add one more quality player either through the draft or a mid-range veteran signing. DL is the same idea. We could use a nose tackle, and at least one guy who doesn't suck to come off the bench. It may be cheaper to add a mid-range free agent signing than use the draft for that as well. Anyway, we need to use a draft pick on one of those two positions and sign someone for the other, at the very least. Golden has been pretty good filling in at either safety position so I don't see that as urgent as CB.

If they draft another linebacker or offensive lineman in the first round, I will immediately go outside and kick a dog.

Mojouw
01-15-2016, 02:55 PM
Don't worry, it'll be a linebacker.

When's the last time they did that? 50 years ago?

In all seriousness, though, this would be the year to go up and get the one player who we think will make a difference.

We might be acceptable at CB with Golson and Grant actually playing alongside Gay - although at the very least I'd like them to add one more quality player either through the draft or a mid-range veteran signing. DL is the same idea. We could use a nose tackle, and at least one guy who doesn't suck to come off the bench. It may be cheaper to add a mid-range free agent signing than use the draft for that as well. Anyway, we need to use a draft pick on one of those two positions and sign someone for the other, at the very least. Golden has been pretty good filling in at either safety position so I don't see that as urgent as CB.

If they draft another linebacker or offensive lineman in the first round, I will immediately go outside and kick a dog.

It all depends on the situation. If the next Revis or Polamalu is sitting there and they pass - then it would be really upsetting. But if the best secondary player is the next Bryant McFadden and the best linebacker on the board is the next Demarcus Ware - well I don't think I would be kicking anyone's dog.

Steelman
01-15-2016, 03:14 PM

I agree with you there. There are some real defensive studs in the top 15 in this draft, particularly at defensive back. Guys like Ramsey, Alexander, or Hargreaves would be instant starters IMO.

teegre
01-15-2016, 05:49 PM
We really should be focused on the next game (as opposed to the draft)... but, being a draft nerd, I'll talk about the draft with anyone, anywhere, any time.

:nerd:

I don't think that there is really many positions that you can take off of Pittsburgh's draft board.

D-LINE:
Im not going to spend any time arguing NT, but there can definitely be an upgrade there. Billings, and Robinson make is D-line stout on the first two downs. Nkemdiche would be a steal, and he allows for their to be a rotation at DE. Clark is my favorite, because he can play two downs at NT, and then be a part of the rotation at DE.

O-LINE:
Beachum is gone. Foster is most likely gone. Is Hubbard the answer? The good news for most of you (who do not want an O-lineman taken in R1) is that there is not an "obvious" LG in this draft; there is no DeCastro. But, there are plenty of OT converts.

QUARTERBACK:
I could see a backup being groomed. This would not surprise me. I'm not necessarily for it, but it is not illogical.

CORNERBACK:
Duh. Yes x 1000.

SAFETY:
Golden has played well, but he an upgrade is definitely in order. I like Su'a Cravens at 31.

OUTSIDE LINEBACKER:
There's Bud Dupree, an aging Silverback, an underwhelming Jarvis Jones, and a possible in Chickllo. Considering that the Steelers need a pass rush, an OLB would not surprise me (although, I'd bet that they wait a year to see if Jones and Chickillo pan out).

INSIDE LINEBACKER:
No

RUNNING BACK:
No

WIDE RECEIVER:
No

TIGHT END:
There's not really a guy worthy of a R1 pick.

teegre
01-15-2016, 05:57 PM
TRADING UP/TRADING DOWN:

I could see rationales for both.

Trading up:
If there is that one guy who can turn this defense from "good enough" to "good", then I'd be for it. But, those two guys are Ramsey and Hargreaves (FS, CB). They would improve this secondary instantly. But, both are top ten guys... which would make them too expensive to get. As in: they would be the ONLY player drafted, because you'd have to give up the rest of your draft picks.

Trading down:
This team has needs at CB, S, OLB, NT, LG, and depth at DE. Acquiring an extra R2 pick would help fill one of those holes.

Shoes
01-15-2016, 07:30 PM
Well, this would be the year to get a D-lineman. There's a smorgasbord... specifically the three from Alabama.

Using Mel's mock as a template, once the Steelers are on the clock, Kenny Clark, DT, UCLA is still on the board. I would have zero problem taking him.

Thats a big 10-4!

tube517
01-15-2016, 07:37 PM
Won't get my hopes up. They have a history of not drafting a CB in the 1st round. My expectations will be for a OLB/DE "tweener" in Round One.

If we do draft a CB and it is Fuller, I will go down to our local zoo and wait for a flatulent hippo and take a selfie in shades, a 007 suit, do the Willie Gay end zone celebration and play poker with said flatulent hippo

steelreserve
01-15-2016, 07:58 PM
It all depends on the situation. If the next Revis or Polamalu is sitting there and they pass - then it would be really upsetting. But if the best secondary player is the next Bryant McFadden and the best linebacker on the board is the next Demarcus Ware - well I don't think I would be kicking anyone's dog.

Yeah, only you never know which is which until a couple years later.

What tends to happen is that the obvious CBs go quickly, then it turns out that out of the five or so drafted highly, two or three are busts, and then out of the next five or so corners drafted, there are two or three who play surprisingly well. Then with pass-rushing linebackers, the same exact thing happens, only the obvious ones don't go as quickly and we scream from the rooftops praising God for our good fortune when one of them "miraculously" falls to the late first round, just like every year.

In case you didn't catch that: About half the top 10 players at CB or OLB turn out to be good and half turn out to be busts, every year without exception, and there is no telling which are the good ones and which are the busts. And every year, we get psyched out about taking the 6th-best corner, but when we see the 4th-best pass rusher, our tongue hangs out and our tail starts wagging, ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy and we overkill one position while completely neglecting the other.

In other words, the next Demarcus Ware is there EVERY year when we pick, only who knows if he'll actually be the next Demarcus Ware. Past a certain point (which we passed long ago), we've got to learn to ignore that shit.

TD's & Beer
01-15-2016, 08:12 PM
Normally I would stab anyone in the head 30 or 40 times for bringing up the draft while we are still in the playoffs, but I would say CB first too, but only if we can't get that RB Henry from Alabama

teegre
01-15-2016, 10:06 PM
Yeah, only you never know which is which until a couple years later.

What tends to happen is that the obvious CBs go quickly, then it turns out that out of the five or so drafted highly, two or three are busts, and then out of the next five or so corners drafted, there are two or three who play surprisingly well. Then with pass-rushing linebackers, the same exact thing happens, only the obvious ones don't go as quickly and we scream from the rooftops praising God for our good fortune when one of them "miraculously" falls to the late first round, just like every year.

In case you didn't catch that: About half the top 10 players at CB or OLB turn out to be good and half turn out to be busts, every year without exception, and there is no telling which are the good ones and which are the busts. And every year, we get psyched out about taking the 6th-best corner, but when we see the 4th-best pass rusher, our tongue hangs out and our tail starts wagging, ohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboyohboy and we overkill one position while completely neglecting the other.

In other words, the next Demarcus Ware is there EVERY year when we pick, only who knows if he'll actually be the next Demarcus Ware. Past a certain point (which we passed long ago), we've got to learn to ignore that shit.

A few counter points.

The three best CBs in the NFL (Sherman, Norman, Harris) were drafted in R5, R5, and undrafted. So, getting a CB in R1 doesn't necessarily equal greatness.

The Steelers drafted an OLB in R1 in 2013 (Jarvis Jones) and again in 2015 (Bud Dupree). Before that, the drafted an OLB in R1... in 1991. I would not call that "overkill" by any standard.

steelreserve
01-15-2016, 10:39 PM
A few counter points.

The three best CBs in the NFL (Sherman, Norman, Harris) were drafted in R5, R5, and undrafted. So, getting a CB in R1 doesn't necessarily equal greatness.

The Steelers drafted an OLB in R1 in 2013 (Jarvis Jones) and again in 2015 (Bud Dupree). Before that, the drafted an OLB in R1... in 1991. I would not call that "overkill" by any standard.

OK, well on the other hand ... the CBs we drafted in R5 all sucked. So I don't think that's a winning strategy. Only thing I do know is, with more of the good players in the top couple rounds, if you don't draft anyone there, you don't get any good players there.

Drafting LB three years in a row is overkill by any standard; drafting OLB two out of three is overkill; and with another high pick on Worilds, and a WTF pick at that ... it looks like we've been throwing draft picks at the wall and seeing if anything works. Really, we were missing the real issue, which is 3-4 pass rushers of any talent level being unable to succeed without an excellent defensive line or at least an above-average one, which we didn't have until this year. So that was a draft pick or two thrown away on nothing. Part of what made us successful in the past was being able to find talent at OLB later on, precisely because a middle-round guy could succeed with those players in front of him.

teegre
01-15-2016, 11:04 PM
OK, well on the other hand ... the CBs we drafted in R5 all sucked. So I don't think that's a winning strategy. Only thing I do know is, with more of the good players in the top couple rounds, if you don't draft anyone there, you don't get any good players there.

Drafting LB three years in a row is overkill by any standard; drafting OLB two out of three is overkill; and with another high pick on Worilds, and a WTF pick at that ... it looks like we've been throwing draft picks at the wall and seeing if anything works. Really, we were missing the real issue, which is 3-4 pass rushers of any talent level being unable to succeed without an excellent defensive line or at least an above-average one, which we didn't have until this year. So that was a draft pick or two thrown away on nothing. Part of what made us successful in the past was being able to find talent at OLB later on, precisely because a middle-round guy could succeed with those players in front of him.

I'm not advocating waiting until Day 3 to draft a CB. I'd be perfectly fine with a CB as early as R1... but, not if there's a better value. Simply, I would not lock onto one position. I'm a BPA type of draftnick.

Two things:
Years ago, there was one team running a 3-4: the Steelers. Ergo, guys like Porter were available in R3. In the 2016 draft, Porter would be a top twenty pick.

Cowher drafted an OLB in every single draft... a practice I condoned. Only about 10% of those guys stuck, but that one was a good player. The point: sometimes you have to draft and draft and draft a position, in order to find that one starting position.

Of the past 62 draft picks, 4 were OLBs: Worilds, Jones, Dupree, and Chickillo. I just don't see that as overkill.

teegre
01-16-2016, 08:10 AM
If you guys are serious about trading up for that "one player", that would be:

Robert Nkemdiche

Even guys with his level of problems can usually hold it together for a little while. So, if you are thinking about BB's window closing, then you trade up for Nkemdiche, and you have a stellar defense... for one year. After that one year, all bets are off.

He's the best player in this draft (IMO). But, he'll drop to about 15. Trading up for Ramsey or Hargeaves would cost way too much. But, trading up to 15 would likely only cost a R2 and a R4 pick. (That is still a lot, but it does leave the R3 pick.)

Nkemdiche would be a DE, which is already a loaded position. That said, you could slide Heyward into the middle; Heyward has done it before and done it very well. With that D-line, you honestly could rush the passer with only three players. Rush one OLB (Dupree) for good measure, drop seven back into coverage, and voila! the defense is light years better than it has been.

Just make sure that Nkemdiche's hotel windows are locked shut. :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
01-16-2016, 08:55 PM
If you guys are serious about trading up for that "one player", that would be:

Robert Nkemdiche

Even guys with his level of problems can usually hold it together for a little while. So, if you are thinking about BB's window closing, then you trade up for Nkemdiche, and you have a stellar defense... for one year. After that one year, all bets are off.

He's the best player in this draft (IMO). But, he'll drop to about 15. Trading up for Ramsey or Hargeaves would cost way too much. But, trading up to 15 would likely only cost a R2 and a R4 pick. (That is still a lot, but it does leave the R3 pick.)

Nkemdiche would be a DE, which is already a loaded position. That said, you could slide Heyward into the middle; Heyward has done it before and done it very well. With that D-line, you honestly could rush the passer with only three players. Rush one OLB (Dupree) for good measure, drop seven back into coverage, and voila! the defense is light years better than it has been.

Just make sure that Nkemdiche's hotel windows are locked shut. :lol:

if the Steelers were to select Nkemdiche and play him as a DE and move Heyward inside, we could also play a 4-3:

Nkemdiche - Heyward - McLendon/McCullers - Tuitt

Dupree - Shazier - Jones/Harrison

hawaiiansteeler
01-16-2016, 09:14 PM

Kenny Clark – DT – UCLA

Clark is a third year junior and a two year starter for UCLA. He played as a backup as a true freshman and got a few starts. He has been the fulltime starter the last two years. 2015 was his best year with 77 total tackles, 11 tackles for loss and 6 sacks.

Size –

6026 – 310 – 4.95 (All Estimate)

Strong Points –

Thick build with long arms. Has outstanding strength and power. Can dominate one-on-one blockers. Very instinctive. Quick to shed. Excellent play versus the run. Very good bull rusher and has some secondary moves. Top competitor. Makes plays even though he is consistently double teamed.

Weak Points –

A little short to play anywhere along the line.

The Way We Hear It

A third year junior and a two year starter who is entering the Draft. Plays mostly as a 0 and 1 technique but can play any inside position in any front. Dominates when he is blocked one-on-one and is excellent versus double teams. Very strong and powerful to get penetration and disrupt run lanes. Very good hand use to shed and get to ball. Has top instincts and is seldom fooled. As a pass rusher he is mostly a bull rusher who can collapse the pocket. Has some moves but needs to develop more. Will start and be productive as a rookie and can play as a nose or a 3-technique in a 4-3 or as a nose in a 3-4. Might even be able to play at a 5 tech. He should become a very good NFL player.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/breaking-down-rb-kenyan-drake-and-dt-kenny-clark/

teegre
01-16-2016, 09:43 PM
if the Steelers were to select Nkemdiche and play him as a DE and move Heyward inside, we could also play a 4-3:

Nkemdiche - Heyward - McLendon/McCullers - Tuitt

Dupree - Shazier - Jones/Harrison

What "I" would do is remove McCx2, and use them in a rotation on the D-line. The defense would be sort of a 3-4/4-3... which is basically what they do now (Tuitt and Heyward basically play as DTs with Dupree and Harrison as the DEs/OLBs).

DE: Tuitt
DT: Heyward
DE/DT: Nkemdiche

OLB/DE: Dupree

ILB: Shazier
ILB: Williams
OLB: Jones/Harrison/Chickillo

- - - Updated - - -

Kenny Clark – DT – UCLA

Clark is a third year junior and a two year starter for UCLA. He played as a backup as a true freshman and got a few starts. He has been the fulltime starter the last two years. 2015 was his best year with 77 total tackles, 11 tackles for loss and 6 sacks.

Size –

6026 – 310 – 4.95 (All Estimate)

Strong Points –

Thick build with long arms. Has outstanding strength and power. Can dominate one-on-one blockers. Very instinctive. Quick to shed. Excellent play versus the run. Very good bull rusher and has some secondary moves. Top competitor. Makes plays even though he is consistently double teamed.

Weak Points –

A little short to play anywhere along the line.

The Way We Hear It

A third year junior and a two year starter who is entering the Draft. Plays mostly as a 0 and 1 technique but can play any inside position in any front. Dominates when he is blocked one-on-one and is excellent versus double teams. Very strong and powerful to get penetration and disrupt run lanes. Very good hand use to shed and get to ball. Has top instincts and is seldom fooled. As a pass rusher he is mostly a bull rusher who can collapse the pocket. Has some moves but needs to develop more. Will start and be productive as a rookie and can play as a nose or a 3-technique in a 4-3 or as a nose in a 3-4. Might even be able to play at a 5 tech. He should become a very good NFL player.

http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/breaking-down-rb-kenyan-drake-and-dt-kenny-clark/

I like this kid. A lot.

hawaiiansteeler
01-16-2016, 10:13 PM
What "I" would do is remove McCx2, and use them in a rotation on the D-line. The defense would be sort of a 3-4/4-3... which is basically what they do now (Tuitt and Heyward basically play as DTs with Dupree and Harrison as the DEs/OLBs).

DE: Tuitt
DT: Heyward
DE/DT: Nkemdiche

OLB/DE: Dupree

ILB: Shazier
ILB: Williams
OLB: Jones/Harrison/Chickillo

I like this kid. A lot.

but do you think the Steelers would draft a kid who jumps off the 4th floor of a hotel while avoiding being arrested for marijuana possession?

teegre
01-16-2016, 10:35 PM
but do you think the Steelers would draft a kid who jumps off the 4th floor of a hotel while avoiding being arrested for marijuana possession?

Let me put is this way...

My 4-year old daughter has just as much of a chance of being drafted by the Steelers as Nkemdiche does. :lol:

(I'm focusing on Kenny Clark.)

Drazo85
01-16-2016, 10:38 PM
Don't like Nkemdiche. All world talent 10 cent brain and no heart. No thank you.

hawaiiansteeler
01-16-2016, 11:21 PM
Let me put is this way...

My 4-year old daughter has just as much of a chance of being drafted by the Steelers as Nkemdiche does. :lol:

(I'm focusing on Kenny Clark.)

Rd. 1 - Kenny Clark NT/DT UCLA

Rd. 2 - CB/SS (Su'a Cravens, Jayron Kearse, Vonn Bell, Jeremy Cash, Darian Thompson, Desmond King, Eli Apple, William Jackson III, Artie Burns)

Rd. 3 - CB/SS (Karl Joseph, Jalen Mills, KeiVarae Russell, Maurice Canady)

Rd. 4 - OG/OT (Tyler Johnstone, Denver Kirkland)

teegre
01-16-2016, 11:38 PM
Rd. 1 - Kenny Clark NT/DT UCLA

Rd. 2 - CB/SS (Su'a Cravens, Jayron Kearse, Vonn Bell, Jeremy Cash, Darian Thompson, Desmond King, Eli Apple, William Jackson III, Artie Burns)

Rd. 3 - CB/SS (Karl Joseph, Jalen Mills, KeiVarae Russell, Maurice Canady)

Rd. 4 - OG/OT (Tyler Johnstone, Denver Kirkland)

I approve.

One question:
Will the Steelers really draft THIRTEEN defensive backs??? ( :wink02: )

Joking aside: I love Karl Joseph. He's a hitter, and he was leading the NCAA in INTs prior to his knee injury. I would draft him, and start Golden while Joseph rehabs.

Psycho Ward 86
01-17-2016, 12:13 AM
do we have no picks after round 4?

Galax Steeler
01-17-2016, 08:50 AM
I think we have a 7th

Drazo85
01-17-2016, 10:37 AM
I think we have a 7th

Two of them actually (Giants trade for Wing).

teegre
01-17-2016, 02:54 PM
Tried to post from phone.

Ugh. I'll try later.

teegre
01-17-2016, 03:01 PM
do we have no picks after round 4?

R5: no (Brandon Boykin trade)

R6: no (Josh Scobee trade)

R7: extra (Brad Wing trade)

So...

R1: Kenny Clark, DL, UCLA

R2: Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee

R3: Karl Joseph, SS, WVU

R4: Denver Kirkland, LG, Arkansas

R7: Dozent Matter, QX, Imcut University

R7: Someguy Campfodder, XQ, Whatchamacallit State

ALLD
01-17-2016, 03:31 PM
We should trade both of #7s and Sushi for a higher pick.

polamalubeast
01-17-2016, 07:04 PM
25th Pick....

hawaiiansteeler
01-17-2016, 07:44 PM
Two of them actually (Giants trade for Wing).

we will most likely have three 7th round picks this year as we should also receive a 7th round compensatory selection for Brice McCain signing with the Dolphins...

Mojouw
01-17-2016, 10:59 PM
R5: no (Brandon Boykin trade)

R6: no (Josh Scobee trade)

R7: extra (Brad Wing trade)

So...

R1: Kenny Clark, DL, UCLA

R2: Cameron Sutton, CB, Tennessee

R3: Karl Joseph, SS, WVU

R4: Denver Kirkland, LG, Arkansas

R7: Dozent Matter, QX, Imcut University

R7: Someguy Campfodder, XQ, Whatchamacallit State

This is terrible .Clearly, Destined Tobecut, TE, 2nd Tier State is the proper pick in the 7th round.

hawaiiansteeler
01-18-2016, 01:55 PM

trade down with NY Giants - our 1(25) = 720 points for their 2(40) and 3 (74) = 720 points

2(40) Kendall Fuller CB Va Tech
2(51) Austin Johnson NT/DT Penn St
3(74) Karl Joseph SS W Virginia
3(83) Troy Murphy OT Stanford
4(121) Denver Kirkland OG Arkansas
7a(202) Deon Bush FS Miami, Fla
7b(217) Jeff Driskel QB La Tech
7c(comp) Victor Ochi OLB Stony Brook

hawaiiansteeler
01-24-2016, 02:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2KJiWt2_N0

Texasteel
01-24-2016, 02:39 PM

Finally, we disagree on something. I think Cravens is a 1st round talent, and will be by draft day. We all should send USC a thing you note for switching him to OLB last year. Plays all over the field. I haven't see a kid this active on the field as Craven in a long time. Like Fuller,,, Love Cravens.
I think most of us should take a good look at Burns out of Miami. Track star, hurdles, that can play the position. Saw him play twice, and is moving up the charts now.

teegre
01-24-2016, 03:41 PM
Finally, we disagree on something. I think Cravens is a 1st round talent, and will be by draft day. We all should send USC a thing you note for switching him to OLB last year. Plays all over the field. I haven't see a kid this active on the field as Craven in a long time. Like Fuller,,, Love Cravens.
I think most of us should take a good look at Burns out of Miami. Track star, hurdles, that can play the position. Saw him play twice, and is moving up the charts now.

True.
In another thread, I was discussing him more in depth (the 2016 Draft thread).

As far as this thread goes: again, you're right. Most mocks had him around 50ish. I saw him as much better than that. 35 was the average. IMO, I'd take him at 25.

I'll check out Burns. You should check out Victor Ochi.

hawaiiansteeler
01-24-2016, 03:53 PM
You should check out Victor Ochi.

Ochi looked really good in the East-West Shrine game yesterday, I'm gonna put him in my mock...:thumbsup:

teegre
01-24-2016, 03:55 PM
Ochi looked really good in the East-West Shrine game yesterday, I'm gonna put him in my mock...:thumbsup:

The $64,000 question is: which round?

Psycho Ward 86
01-24-2016, 03:59 PM

what position do you primarily see Kraven at in the nfl?

hawaiiansteeler
01-24-2016, 04:14 PM
The $64,000 question is: which round?

I think the Steelers would have to select him with their 4th round pick:

"One of the players who helped himself tremendously was Stony Brook edge rusher Victor Ochi. In the game, Ochi was terrorizing the defensive tackles. Early on, he beat Nebraska left tackle Alex Lewis for a near sack. That set the tone as he was consistently getting pressure on the quarterback. Ochi then burned Arizona left tackle Lene Maivava with a speed rush around the corner for a sack.

Ochi looks like a day-three pick who could be a valuable situational pass-rusher before long."

http://www.walterfootball.com/eastwest2016recap.php#AzytMmUyGRiX4RJm.99

teegre
01-24-2016, 04:28 PM
I think the Steelers would have to select him with their 4th round pick:

"One of the players who helped himself tremendously was Stony Brook edge rusher Victor Ochi. In the game, Ochi was terrorizing the defensive tackles. Early on, he beat Nebraska left tackle Alex Lewis for a near sack. That set the tone as he was consistently getting pressure on the quarterback. Ochi then burned Arizona left tackle Lene Maivava with a speed rush around the corner for a sack.

Ochi looks like a day-three pick who could be a valuable situational pass-rusher before long."

http://www.walterfootball.com/eastwest2016recap.php#AzytMmUyGRiX4RJm.99

Deal.

Now... a tougher one:
Su'a Cravens or Kenny Clark in R1?

My heart says: Cravens. My brain says: Clark.

hawaiiansteeler
01-24-2016, 05:27 PM
Deal.

Now... a tougher one:
Su'a Cravens or Kenny Clark in R1?

My heart says: Cravens. My brain says: Clark.

I'd go with Kenny Clark because there would still be other very good strong safeties available in Rounds 2 & 3 such as: Karl Joseph, Jeremy Cash, Vonn Bell, Miles Killebrew and Jayron Kearse...

teegre
01-24-2016, 06:00 PM
I'd go with Kenny Clark because there would still be other very good strong safeties available in Rounds 2 & 3 such as: Karl Joseph, Jeremy Cash, Vonn Bell, Miles Killebrew and Jayron Kearse...

My brain agrees with you... especially if they get Karl Joseph (he's amazing).

My heart says that you are crazy. :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
01-24-2016, 06:46 PM
My brain agrees with you... especially if they get Karl Joseph (he's amazing).

My heart says that you are crazy. :lol:

so let's say you listen to your heart and select SS Su'a Cravens in Rd 1 and OLB Victor Ochi in Rd 4...

who do you pick in Rounds 2 & 3 assuming those are either a CB, OG/OT or a DT/DE selection?

teegre
01-24-2016, 07:18 PM
so let's say you listen to your heart and select SS Su'a Cravens in Rd 1 and OLB Victor Ochi in Rd 4...

who do you pick in Rounds 2 & 3 assuming those are either a CB, OG/OT or a DT/DE selection?

That depends on if the re-sign Beachum or Foster to play LG. Keeping BB upright is priority #1.

If they don't re-sign Beachum/Foster:
R2: Joshua Garnett, LG, Stanford
R3: Cameron Surton, CB, Tennessee

If they re-sign Beachum/Foster:
R2: Notsure Hoo, DL, Some College
R3: Cameron Surton, CB, Tennessee

Texasteel
01-24-2016, 07:22 PM
what position do you primarily see Kraven at in the nfl?

Cravens should be a SS, he was playing very well there before USC asked him to put on a little weight and play OLB. Not saying he's Troy, but his game is much like Troy's.

Psycho Ward 86
01-24-2016, 09:48 PM
Cravens should be a SS, he was playing very well there before USC asked him to put on a little weight and play OLB. Not saying he's Troy, but his game is much like Troy's.

been looking into him more and more. now that ive read that his 225-231lb from this year were added and not his "natural carrying weight," im warming up to the pick really fast!

hawaiiansteeler
02-17-2016, 09:54 PM
the Bengals snatch Jarran Reed away from us right before we pick so we take CB Kendall Fuller:

1(24) Cincinnati Bengals: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama

The Bengals need to bolster the interior of their defensive line, as Domata Peko is no longer the same player he once was. There should be a couple of defensive tackles to choose from toward the end of the first round.

1(25) Pittsburgh Steelers: Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

The Steelers haven't selected a first-round cornerback in a very long time, but that's exactly what everyone said about them and an edge rusher, and the Chiefs and a corner, and the Cowboys and a lineman. These things change, and Pittsburgh's current status in terms of its secondary could prompt the front office to go against recent trends.

Kendall Fuller is a talented prospect who would be in top-15 consideration if it weren't for an injury. Thus, the Steelers could continue their strategy of taking the best player available.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016_1.php#qU2S9ZXzHlglKZqH.99

Dwinsgames
02-17-2016, 11:22 PM

Burns is a speedster and a Special teams weapon to be reckoned with not sure if he would start as a rookie at corner but would contribute big on special teams week 1 and work his way into the lineup as a dime or nickle corner .

teegre
02-18-2016, 06:14 AM
the Bengals snatch Jarran Reed away from us right before we pick so we take CB Kendall Fuller:

1(24) Cincinnati Bengals: Jarran Reed, DT, Alabama

The Bengals need to bolster the interior of their defensive line, as Domata Peko is no longer the same player he once was. There should be a couple of defensive tackles to choose from toward the end of the first round.

1(25) Pittsburgh Steelers: Kendall Fuller, CB, Virginia Tech

The Steelers haven't selected a first-round cornerback in a very long time, but that's exactly what everyone said about them and an edge rusher, and the Chiefs and a corner, and the Cowboys and a lineman. These things change, and Pittsburgh's current status in terms of its secondary could prompt the front office to go against recent trends.

Kendall Fuller is a talented prospect who would be in top-15 consideration if it weren't for an injury. Thus, the Steelers could continue their strategy of taking the best player available.

http://www.walterfootball.com/draft2016_1.php#qU2S9ZXzHlglKZqH.99

That would kill me, to see Jarran Reed get so close and then poof! he's gone.

Adding salt to the wound: going to the Bengals. :scared:

hawaiiansteeler
02-22-2016, 04:34 PM
from Pete Prisco's first mock:

1(25). Pittsburgh Steelers

William Jackson, CB, Houston: He is tall at 6-2 and is a ballhawk. The Steelers need help at corner in the worst way.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25490739/priscos-2016-nfl-mock-draft-10-eagles-start-fresh-with-paxton-lynch

Cyphon25
02-22-2016, 04:43 PM
I think a lot of national guys underestimate how much the coaching staff and what not don't care about CB play. This is a staff that continued to start Blake the entire season despite him consistently being one of the worst CB's in the NFL. And they had options!

I would be pretty surprised if they took a CB in the first round. And honestly, I don't think I want them to choose a CB because they haven't shown the best judgement with them up to this point. If they are going secondary I want to see them go S.

Psycho Ward 86
02-22-2016, 05:00 PM
from Pete Prisco's first mock:

1(25). Pittsburgh Steelers

William Jackson, CB, Houston: He is tall at 6-2 and is a ballhawk. The Steelers need help at corner in the worst way.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer/pete-prisco/25490739/priscos-2016-nfl-mock-draft-10-eagles-start-fresh-with-paxton-lynch

seems way early. id rather have Xavien Howard or Artie Burns. And even those guys should be there for a while in the 2nd round, possibly going into the 3rd

hawaiiansteeler
03-01-2016, 07:44 PM
it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers made this guy their #1 pick:

2016 NFL Draft Stock Up

William Jackson III, CB, Houston

Jackson was the star of the defensive backs on Monday. He was the fastest corner or safety with a sparking 40-yard dash time of 4.37 seconds, officially. In the field drills, Jackson turned really well and showed excellent ball skills with the ability to make hands catches. He was good in the gauntlet and was smooth in his back pedal while turning fluidly. Jackson showed loose hips and the ability to open up. The 6-foot, 189-pounder has length with a strong season of senior-year tape. After missing the Senior Bowl with an injury, Jackson made the most of the combine to push himself into first-round consideration.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016stock_24.php#c72w2OgdEsS8T180.99

SteelerFanInStl
03-01-2016, 09:14 PM
it wouldn't surprise me if the Steelers made this guy their #1 pick:

2016 NFL Draft Stock Up

Jackson was the star of the defensive backs on Monday. He was the fastest corner or safety with a sparking 40-yard dash time of 4.37 seconds, officially. In the field drills, Jackson turned really well and showed excellent ball skills with the ability to make hands catches. He was good in the gauntlet and was smooth in his back pedal while turning fluidly. Jackson showed loose hips and the ability to open up. The 6-foot, 189-pounder has length with a strong season of senior-year tape. After missing the Senior Bowl with an injury, Jackson made the most of the combine to push himself into first-round consideration.

http://walterfootball.com/draft2016stock_24.php#c72w2OgdEsS8T180.99

I really liked what I saw of him at the combine. I'd be very happy with that pick.

Shoes
03-01-2016, 09:47 PM
I really liked what I saw of him at the combine. I'd be very happy with that pick.

The Steelers would have to trade up to get him and if they trade up why not go for Ramsey? That is if they don't pick up a good CB in FA.

hawaiiansteeler
03-01-2016, 09:52 PM

me too, only question is whether Jackson will now still be there at 1(25). however, if he's selected early maybe that will push CBs Eli Apple or Mackenzie Alexander or one of the stud DL down to us...

WINNERS

William Jackson III, CB, Houston: Long, rangy cover corners with speed and ball skills are valued commodities on draft day. Thus, Jackson could become one of the draft's biggest risers following a spectacular performance that shocked many in the scouting community. The Houston standout blazed a 4.37 40 and showed terrific quickness as he crushed the position drills. Jackson's combination of fluid movement skills, sticky hands and physical dimensions (6-foot, 189 pounds) makes him the big specimen most teams seek as a potential CB1.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000640517/article/jared-goff-heads-combine-risers-noah-spence-connor-cook-fall

Psycho Ward 86
03-02-2016, 05:36 PM
What do you guys think about Shaq Lawson and Kevin Dodd? And who do you prefer?

Ive seen both mocked to us at least once online. im absolutely baffled by how some could see Dodd as a 1st rounder though.

teegre
03-02-2016, 09:31 PM

Ive seen both mocked to us at least once online. im absolutely baffled by how some could see Dodd as a 1st rounder though.

At the combine, Lawson tried out as a LB... and, he faired very well.

Sounds like a guy who can play DE, then play OLB on the very next play. As in: he'll never come off the field. Sort of like how teams are looking for ILBs who can play in coverage (so that they don't have to change personnel when the offense adds an extra receiver).

I know a Clemson fan who LOVES Dodd. That's about all that I know... but, I generally feel that a fan of a college team knows their own players better than the draft gurus.

Cyphon25
03-02-2016, 10:40 PM

From what I have read I'd take Dodd all day. Big thing is we need pass rushers and the report on Lawson is that he is more of a run stuffer than a pass rush option. There is more to it than that for me, but that is a big one just by itself.

Shoes
03-02-2016, 10:52 PM
From what I have read I'd take Dodd all day. Big thing is we need pass rushers and the report on Lawson is that he is more of a run stuffer than a pass rush option. There is more to it than that for me, but that is a big one just by itself.

Dodd only has about one season of full time playing, he will also be 24 years old when training camp starts. That may not mean anything but I'd take Lawson if I had to choose. Lawson is quicker and is a disruptive player, he also edged out Dodd with 25.5 tackles for loss (Dodd 23.5) and 12.5 sacks to Dodd's 12. Pretty much a toss-up, but I think Lawson will be gone by 20.

Cyphon25
03-02-2016, 11:19 PM
Dodd only has about one season of full time playing, he will also be 24 years old when training camp starts. That may not mean anything but I'd take Lawson if I had to choose. Lawson is quicker and is a disruptive player, he also edged out Dodd with 25.5 tackles for loss (Dodd 23.5) and 12.5 sacks to Dodd's 12. Pretty much a toss-up, but I think Lawson will be gone by 20.

Age is a little concerning but not terrible I guess. Especially with only 1 season it means less wear on him so far. I think what you saw with the numbers was probably the fact that Dodd was still learning and on the uptake and even with that had almost equal numbers. It is hard for me to make too much of an argument because I don't go in-depth watching all of these guys. I might check some game stuff but mainly look into multiple profiles and scouting reports. Dodd sounds like the better pass rusher (more of a need for us) and like he has a higher ceiling.

Psycho Ward 86
03-03-2016, 11:41 AM
Age is a little concerning but not terrible I guess. Especially with only 1 season it means less wear on him so far. I think what you saw with the numbers was probably the fact that Dodd was still learning and on the uptake and even with that had almost equal numbers. It is hard for me to make too much of an argument because I don't go in-depth watching all of these guys. I might check some game stuff but mainly look into multiple profiles and scouting reports. Dodd sounds like the better pass rusher (more of a need for us) and like he has a higher ceiling.

He also has a way lower floor. I prefer the high floor, high ceiling guy in Shaq Lawson. One year of production. His 40 tape suggested he's pretty slow even with all of those pressures he gets. And the 40 time somewhat confirms that (4.86). What good is his great motor if he's not fast enough to get there? Closing speed doesnt look as good to me on tape as most seem to be saying i must be missing something. Heavy hands, not a lot of pass rush moves though. For some reason his lateral speed looks kinda good. Yeah he had 4 more pressures than Lawson, but from the scouting reports ive seen, he also did it against significantly lesser tackles.

Is it just me or does this guy move like Lamaar Woodley?

Mojouw
03-03-2016, 12:16 PM
He also has a way lower floor. I prefer the high floor, high ceiling guy in Shaq Lawson. One year of production. His 40 tape suggested he's pretty slow even with all of those pressures he gets. And the 40 time somewhat confirms that (4.86). What good is his great motor if he's not fast enough to get there? Closing speed doesnt look as good to me on tape as most seem to be saying i must be missing something. Heavy hands, not a lot of pass rush moves though. For some reason his lateral speed looks kinda good. Yeah he had 4 more pressures than Lawson, but from the scouting reports ive seen, he also did it against significantly lesser tackles.

Is it just me or does this guy move like Lamaar Woodley?

The young double digit sack Lamaar Woodley or the later muscle pull parade of suck Lamaar Woodley?

Psycho Ward 86
03-03-2016, 02:41 PM
The young double digit sack Lamaar Woodley or the later muscle pull parade of suck Lamaar Woodley?

the young one

Mojouw
03-03-2016, 03:03 PM
the young one

Well. That is definitely a player of interest then. There was a season or two there where Woodley was damn near unblockable.

Shoes
03-03-2016, 11:56 PM
I believe Mel had the Steelers taking a CB last year in R1 too. So did most of the other Mocks. Hell will freeze before they take a CB in R1. The only exception would be if a top round talent slips through the cracks or they trade up the ladder to grab a top player.

hawaiiansteeler
03-04-2016, 12:22 AM
I believe Mel had the Steelers taking a CB last year in R1 too. So did most of the other Mocks. Hell will freeze before they take a CB in R1. The only exception would be if a top round talent slips through the cracks or they trade up the ladder to grab a top player.

most mocks had the Steelers taking either CBs Trae Waynes, Kevin Johnson or Marcus Peters but they were all already gone by the time the Steelers selected at 1(22).

I had personally mocked Marcus Peters to the Steelers but those damn KC Chiefs :(

hawaiiansteeler
04-07-2016, 11:28 PM
ESPN NFL Draft analyst Mel Kiper Jr. has Steelers taking William Jackson III over Eli Apple in latest mock draft

By Jeff.Hartman on Apr 7, 2016

Could the Pittsburgh Steelers draft a CB in the first round since 1997? ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. certainly believes 2016 is the time to break the trend.

When it comes to mock drafts, there are those who people rarely talk about, and those who cause a stir among the 32 NFL fan bases. Count ESPN's Mel Kiper Jr. into the latter group. Kiper is a personality fans love to hate. They yell and scream at his obsession with almost every prospect, and scold him when he projects their favorite team to pick someone they don't necessarily agree with.

With Kiper releasing his Mock Draft 4.0, you can only imagine there would be a great deal of discussion to stem from him having CB William Jackson III going to Pittsburgh with the No. 25 pick. However, Kiper isn't the only expert to predict Jackson to be donning a black and gold uniform in 2016. What makes Kiper's mock draft more interesting is who he has the Steelers passing on to draft Jackson III.

First, see what Kiper had to say about the team's selection of the Houston defensive back:

25. Pittsburgh Steelers

The Steelers could be a better secondary away from Super Bowl contention, and while you don't want to rely on rookies back there too often, Pittsburgh doesn't have a choice and should add talent wherever there's value to be had. Jackson is rising on boards everywhere and could be a good get at this stage.

The thought of the Steelers being a better secondary away from Super Bowl contention is right on. However, many will debate if Jackson III is the cornerback to select in the draft to get them there.

In this particular mock draft, the Steelers taking Jackson is followed by the Seattle Seahawks drafting Eli Apple from Ohio State. Not to mention Kendall Fuller and Mackensie Alexander both going undrafted in the opening round of the selection process.

So, is Jackson III the better prospect than Apple? Kiper, acting on the Steelers' behalf, certainly thinks so. Jackson lit up the NFL Scouting Combine, and had his size, strength, speed and range on full display. It was an impressive performance and one which saw him sky rocket up most experts draft boards, all the way to a first round talent.

Nonetheless, Kiper certainly is high on Jackson III, and he isn't alone with his sentiment. Besides him being the choice over names like Apple, Alexander and Fuller, the question of the team drafting a cornerback in the first round since 1997 still lingers leading up to the big day.

Time will tell if Kiper is on to something, or if the draft will simply unfold and the Steelers will adjust accordingly, but it will be interesting to see who they grade highest if all four of these cornerback prospects are available when the team drafts No. 25th overall in the 2016 NFL Draft.

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com/2016-nfl-mock-draft-pittsburgh-steelers-list-database/2016/4/7/11376952/espn-nfl-draft-analyst-mel-kiper-jr-has-steelers-taking-william

86WARD
04-08-2016, 05:47 AM
Everyone of these mock drafts should come with an explanation in regards to what the writer is trying to get across...whether he thinks this is what team should do or if this is what he believes teams will do. Killer is king of taking the easy way out and just pligging the obvious need in for the particular team. He's rarely correct.

Dwinsgames
04-08-2016, 12:30 PM
I agree with Bell

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/leveon-bell-angry-at-mel-kiper-jr (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/leveon-bell-angry-at-mel-kiper-jr)

Drazo85
04-09-2016, 02:00 AM
Why Kyle Fuller fell of the radar? Whats happening with him?

steelreserve
04-09-2016, 03:05 AM
I agree with Bell

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/leveon-bell-angry-at-mel-kiper-jr (http://ftw.usatoday.com/2015/03/leveon-bell-angry-at-mel-kiper-jr)

Damn, Bell, charge your phone! :lol:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B_N8WabUQAA07bc.jpg:large

Born2Steel
04-12-2016, 06:11 PM
While I disagree with the position, I think there is a very good chance of us taking a DB with the 25th pick. Cravens is huge and will most likely be there at 25. Not pushing the pick, just that I would rather take him than any of the 1st round projected CBs. Ramsey would be the golden ticket, but we all know that won't happen.