PDA

View Full Version : Man Arrested For Defending Home

Vincent
09-07-2010, 08:02 PM
Your family and home are at risk of being abused by thugs. The "authorities" are there to write reports after the fact. If you think otherwise, you're sadly mistaken. So what would you do in this instance?

http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2010/09/...me-with-ak-47/
Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47

Says Many Gang Members Were Coming After His Family

September 7, 2010 6:20 PM

UNIONDALE, N.Y. (CBS 2) — He was arrested for protecting his property and family. But it’s how the Long Island man did it that police say crossed the line.

He got a high powered AK-47 and pulled the trigger and he ended up in jail, reports CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman.

George Grier said he had to use his rifle on Sunday night to stop what he thought was going to be an invasion of his Uniondale home by a gang he thought might have been the vicious “MS-13.” He said the whole deal happened as he was about to drive his cousin home.

“I went around and went into the house, ran upstairs and told my wife to call the police. I get the gun and I go outside and I come into the doorway and now, by this time, they are in the driveway, back here near the house. I tell them, you know, ‘Can you please leave?’ Grier said.

Grier said the five men dared him to use the gun; and that their shouts brought another larger group of gang members in front of his house.

“He starts threatening my family, my life. ‘Oh you’re dead. I’m gonna kill your family and your babies. You’re dead.’ So when he says that, 20 others guys come rushing around the corner. And so I fired four warning shots into the grass,” Grier said.

Grier was later arrested. John Lewis is Grier’s attorney.

“What he’s initially charged with – A D felony reckless endangerment — requires a depraved indifference to human life, creating a risk that someone’s going to die. Shooting into a lawn doesn’t create a risk of anybody dying,” Lewis said.

Grier said he knew Nassau County Police employ the hi-tech “ShotSpotter” technology in his area and that the shooting would bring police in minutes. Cops told Guzman he was very cooperative.

Grier also said he was afraid the gang outside his house was the dreaded MS-13. And Nassau County Police Lt. Andrew Mulraine, head of the gang unit, said MS-13 has 2,000 members in the county.

“They’re probably the most organized. They almost have a military hierarchy within the gang, so they are the most organized gang we encounter on a daily basis,” Mulraine said.

You may think a person has the right to defend their home. But the law says you can only use physical force to deter physical force. Grier said he never saw anyone pull out a gun, so a court would have to decide on firing the gun.

Police determined Grier had the gun legally. He has no criminal record. And so he was not charged for the weapon.

That ShotSpotter technology pinpoints where a gun has been fired within 35 feet. Police said it also detected two other shootings in nearby Roosevelt that night.

smokin3000gt
09-07-2010, 08:23 PM
Personally I would have propped it over the head of the couch and pick 'em off as they came through the door.

Poor guy is in a bad situation. They're going to come for him and his family. What do you do at this point??

The Patriot
09-07-2010, 08:24 PM
This case will be thrown out of court. If anything he'll get a misdemeanor for not having the gun registered.

JonM229
09-07-2010, 08:26 PM
Reckless Endangerment, my ass. I could see that if he had shot the gun in the air, but he was ensuring that nobody was going to get hit by those bullets.

smokin3000gt
09-07-2010, 09:03 PM
If anything, he should've tried a little harder to make sure those bullets hit few people.

NJarhead
09-07-2010, 09:16 PM
They should have sought the trespassers and asked this guy if he wanted to press charges and nothing more.

smokin3000gt
09-07-2010, 09:20 PM
I agree.. these guys come running up this guys home, and he gets arrested/charged but no word on the gangsters (man that makes me feel older then I am)

JonM229
09-07-2010, 09:47 PM
They need to find those young whippersnappers

NJarhead
09-07-2010, 09:55 PM
They need to find those young whippersnappers
From this day forth, you will never again mention anything to me about my age.

So let it be written..

steeldevil
09-07-2010, 10:05 PM
The guy that said he would kill the family would not have a head about 2 seconds later if it were me.... and I don't even have a wife or kids yet....

Craic
09-08-2010, 01:49 AM
Makes sense... I know in a lot of states, the law says that they have to have entered the home and present a threat. In Oregon however (as of a few years ago, it may have changed by now), you can be anywhere. If someone threatens you, and the moves towards you, that is a credible threat and you can draw and shoot to kill.

Sad thing is, if more of the people in Nassau county did the same thing, the gangs would be too leery to approach any house.

Galax Steeler
09-08-2010, 04:18 AM
There is no American justice anymore you should be able to defend your home the best way you can.

venom
09-08-2010, 06:03 AM
You always need a throwaway in this situation , lol

GBMelBlount
09-08-2010, 06:36 AM
This case will be thrown out of court. If anything he'll get a misdemeanor for not having the gun registered.

Let's hope so. The law is the law but hopefully they'll see this in the context and go light on him.

stlrtruck
09-08-2010, 11:15 AM
Sad part is that if he would have shot all of them, he could have claimed self-defense after the gang member threatened to kill his family!

Probably would have been better for him rather than firing the "warning" shot.

7SteelGal43
09-08-2010, 01:01 PM
The guy practices more restraint and decency by NOT shooting to kill the thug asses when they're coming for him and his family, and HE gets in trouble...............makes sense :jerkit:

The WH
09-08-2010, 01:04 PM
He should have thrown 4 warning grenades. Fuck warning shots.

SteelerEmpire
09-08-2010, 01:10 PM
Was the trade off worth the possible home invasion/murder of his family... you bet cha...

Vincent
09-08-2010, 06:58 PM
We seem to be in violent agreement in this thread. Well done you people!!

NJarhead
09-08-2010, 07:00 PM
We seem to be in violent agreement in this thread. Well done you people!!

No we don't.

:chuckle:

Vincent
09-08-2010, 08:17 PM
No we don't.

:chuckle:

Yeah we do!

Wanna see if we can push this one to 1000 too?

steeldawg
09-08-2010, 08:21 PM
Whew, at least no gang members were injured by that madman. (sarcasm)

NJarhead
09-08-2010, 08:24 PM
Yeah we do!

Wanna see if we can push this one to 1000 too?

It's hard when we all agree. Can you be the antagonist this time?

Vincent
09-08-2010, 09:53 PM
It's hard when we all agree. Can you be the antagonist this time?

Look. I've provided a great deal of antagonism to this board. But, I guess in Ric's absence, it's up to me to say something outrageous.

Pondering... Pondering... Pondering... Pondering... ...

OK. rats fans are inbred trolls.

Too swishy?

OK. OK. The reason they arrested George Grier, who BTW is black, instead of the terrorists (did I say that?) is because of the City's disposition to coddle terrorists.

http://media.trb.com/media/photo/2010-09/56020359.jpg

There. There's a basis to bring the mosque into this and the obvious quandary George's ethnicity poses to "the administration". See, if there was a shred of honor, scratch that. If there was a shred of consistency in bho's nelly body, he'd be all wee-wee'd up and staging beer summits. "They acted stupidly".

How's that?

Discuss.

Devilsdancefloor
09-08-2010, 10:57 PM
only thing this guy did wrong was not aim center mass plain and simple

stlrtruck
09-09-2010, 05:58 AM
only thing this guy did wrong was not aim center mass plain and simple

The only problem with that is the clean up of 2,000 gangstas - but that wouldn't be as bad as the cleanup from a home invasion!