PDA

View Full Version : Villanueva Praises Roethlisberger’s Leadership

polamalubeast
01-12-2016, 04:00 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/villanueva-praises-roethlisbergers-leadership/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

katmandu
01-12-2016, 10:08 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/villanueva-praises-roethlisbergers-leadership/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitterWow!

That says a whole lot coming from a Veteran that has been in actual combat and was an Army Officer.

If anyone knows anything about Leadership it would be Villeneuava.

Great story!

salamander
01-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Atta boy, Ben. I like Villanueva and hope we can keep him for a while.

Craic
01-13-2016, 12:16 PM
Great read.

I was thinking about him, however, and wondered what his future is with us. He's a decent LT. Made some mistakes, but basically as a rookie it's expected, especially since he's new to the position. And that's what made me think.

If we sign Beachum back (with that injury, there's a chance his FA numbers come down), what do we do with Alejandro? My suggestion - move him outside as the eventual replacement for Heath. Remember, this guy was a Wide Receiver in college, then switched over to Tight End. I'd love to see what he could do at that position, provided we sign Beachum. I'd rather see him get a shot there than ride the bench next year.

Count Steeler
01-13-2016, 06:10 PM
I'm a proponent of Big V at LT and Beachum at LG. Foster's contract is up this year as well. Beach is much more athletic than Ramon.

polamalubeast
01-13-2016, 06:17 PM
I'm a proponent of Big V at LT and Beachum at LG. Foster's contract is up this year as well. Beach is much more athletic than Ramon.

Very doubtful that it happens because Beachum is a free agent and you have a lot less money when you play LG.Because of the salary cap, I would be very surprised if Beachum is back.You have to keep the money for Bell, Brown and etc for the next two years.

tube517
01-13-2016, 06:28 PM
If Beachum is signed, AV will probably be the backup LT/RT. That's alot better depth than Mike Adams being on the PUP list forever. He is an ERFA in 2017

lipps83
01-13-2016, 07:54 PM
Very doubtful that it happens because Beachum is a free agent and you have a lot less money when you play LG.Because of the salary cap, I would be very surprised if Beachum is back.You have to keep the money for Bell, Brown and etc for the next two years.

I think Bell is the best back in the league, but this offense has proven he is not a necessary part of it. If he wants top back in the league money, let him walk. If he is willing to stay for a bit less, keep him.

The drop from him to a 31 y/o D.Williams was negligible. Even Toussaint and Todman faired fairly well against a good run defense.

Count Steeler
01-13-2016, 08:26 PM
RB is not a money position anymore. Nothing against Bell, but that is 2 knee injuries now. I wouldn't break the bank to keep him here. O Line is more important.

lipps83
01-13-2016, 08:32 PM
RB is not a money position anymore. Nothing against Bell, but that is 2 knee injuries now. I wouldn't break the bank to keep him here. O Line is more important.

Not just the oline but that is money that can be spent upgrading the secondary. Those are much more necessary than having an all pro half back over a good back.

katmandu
01-13-2016, 11:08 PM
..... what do we do with Alejandro?

My suggestion - move him outside as the eventual replacement for Heath. Remember, this guy was a Wide Receiver in college, then switched over to Tight End. I'd love to see what he could do at that position, provided we sign Beachum. I'd rather see him get a shot there than ride the bench next year.That is rather intriguing. We need a real, big bad assed TE. Jesse James looks real promising but he needs to bulk up a whole bunch yet IMHO.

Big V at TE would be something to see!