PDA

View Full Version : Q: If Burfict, Pacman and Marvin Lewis were Steelers, How Would You Feel ?

katmandu
01-12-2016, 11:12 AM
Seriously. No Joke.

How would you honestly feel about them and what would you like the Rooney's to do with them.

Ok, my answer. Seriously.

IMHO, ALL three would have to be removed from the Steeler's organization. I do not care how physically gifted and talented each of them are.

Burfict is just a Criminal. Same gene pool and lack of character as Nadumakong Suh.

Pacman the same..... just loose cannon and as emotionally immature as a (2) year old child.

Marvin Lewis ? NICE guy. That's what everyone says about him. NICE guy. Personally, I don't want a "NICE" guy as a Coach let alone the HEAD Coach!

I want someone like Coach Cowher that elutes such passision and fury that spittle is flying out of his face ! :>)

Now your answer is ??

polamalubeast
01-12-2016, 11:15 AM
0-7 in the playoffs.....Awful!

Dissolv
01-12-2016, 11:28 AM
I would literally no longer be a Steelers fan. A touchstone of this franchise is the class that it brings to the game, the town, and well everything. They aren't "just" champions. They are CHAMPIONS. And no, they don't get white hats...or helmets...whatever. But they do conduct themselves with class.

None of those three have that, and we've always been very happy to say goodbye to troublemakers who can't get it together, even when they are talented performers. Do we work with them? Yes. But we also have limits, and I don't want to see anyone like Pacman or Burf on our team.

Dissolv

Edman
01-12-2016, 11:31 AM
I'd like Burfict because he's actually a decent linebacker, but he's quite the dumb motherfucker that he isn't worth it.

Marvin Lewis is a complete and total pussy, though. Once he gets fired, no team with any functioning brain will hire him. Imagine the fallout towards Tomlin on this board and in the media, if the Steelers under any circumstance mentally imploded in such spectacular fashion Saturday. For all the grief we give Tomlin, Marvin Lewis makes him look like a disciplinarian.

Even before Ben was taken out with an injury, the Bengals were imploding. Marvin Lewis once again, didn't have his team ready to play, and after 13 years, he still can't win, because he's like you said, a "Nice guy".

SteelMember
01-12-2016, 11:32 AM
"Dey would fit right in 'cause da Stealers are all dirty!"

steelreserve
01-12-2016, 11:41 AM
I'd be pretty pissed, and also disappointed, if we brought in a guy like that. I don't know if I've ever seen an equivalent to Burfict - maybe Ron Artest in basketball. If someone like that was on our team, I'd be one part "fuck that guy" and one part just praying he didn't do anything stupid to cost us a game. Maybe you'd thinly tolerate him as long as he wasn't up to his old tricks, kind of like we did with Blount, but he'd inevitably wear out his welcome pretty quickly.

Fortunately, we don't tend to seek out players like that ... If it was a guy we drafted and he developed into that, it would probably be like the situation with Holmes/Wallace/Burress or any of our diva receivers, only magnified. "That guy earned himself a ticket out of town, good riddance" would be about right.

86WARD
01-12-2016, 11:42 AM
I'd definitely take Burfict. He's a good LB and a knucklehead but I think the knucklehead part is intensified due to the environment. I think he may be able to be tamed a little bit.

BigNastyDefense
01-12-2016, 11:52 AM
I'd definitely take Burfict. He's a good LB and a knucklehead but I think the knucklehead part is intensified due to the environment. I think he may be able to be tamed a little bit.

He was very much the same way in college and even in high school. A big part of why he went undrafted was because so many teams felt he was too much of an unstable hothead.

I would hope of the teams were reversed that the Rooneys would do something they haven't done since 1968 - fire a head coach. And not over the 0-7 playoff record, but over the fact that he is incapable of controlling his players.

Burfict I would hope to be cut ASAP. Talented, but too damn dumb to get out of his own way.

Pacman, I think his contract is up, I'd hope they Steelers let another team take on the headache.

ALLD
01-12-2016, 12:03 PM
Birthdefect and Jones should or would be cut away like a tumor before the stink metasticized.

Moose
01-12-2016, 12:43 PM
Disgusted ! Lewis is a whimp, can't discipline and not a leader. The other two are thugs, always were thugs, always will be thugs. Not player's you'd want to represent the Steeler organization. Don't forget the repercussion that Vick stirred.

Nadroj 20
01-12-2016, 12:52 PM
I would not want either player on my team. I mentioned something like this in another thread. No way in the world would I want these guys playing for me. Too much risk of them exploding and ruining whatever good they can do with their athletic abilities.

As for Marvin Lewis, I don't know if anyone could control Jones or Burfict. Men have to handle themselves on the field and shouldn't need a tough coach to make that happen.

hawaiiansteeler
01-12-2016, 01:02 PM
0-7 in the playoffs.....Awful!

https://media.giphy.com/media/7LG6PqAubrWBa/giphy.gif

86WARD
01-12-2016, 01:58 PM
Burfict's contract probably makes it hard for the Bungles to let him go.

SteelerFanInStl
01-12-2016, 04:47 PM
I don't want any of them on the Steelers. There's no place in the NFL for psychos and Lewis can't control his players.

Craic
01-12-2016, 05:07 PM
I don't want any of them on the Steelers. There's no place in the NFL for psychos and Lewis can't control his players.

But, that's not what was asked. The question was, how would you feel if they were Steelers.

My answer:

During the game, I would have been excited by Burfict's play until the last defensive play of the game. Then, I'd be ticked off at his stupidity in the same way I was a few of the Steelers players who kept drawing penalties years after they knew what was or was not a foul. Then, when the game was over and the video came out of him kneeing Ben, I'd be disgusted. As for Pacman Jones's antics, I'd have been pretty ticked off right away at his inability to keep his mouth shut. Then, I'd have been embarrassed by his rants and saying a player faked injury. Especially as it shows his lack of intelligence. Brown didn't know it'd draw a penalty. So, if he was faking it, he risked the best WR in the league being removed from the final drive in a playoff game for concussion protocol, since he was hit in the head.

As for Lewis, I don't hold a lot of negativity towards him. I would, however, be upset that he couldn't keep his players under control.

SteelerFanInStl
01-12-2016, 05:44 PM
But, that's not what was asked. The question was, how would you feel if they were Steelers.

If they were on the Steelers and they pulled that shit, I'd join in with other fans demanding that they be cut immediately or else I would no longer be a fan of the team. I won't cheer for a team that supports that kind of behavior.

teegre
01-12-2016, 05:58 PM
The way that I'd feel about Pacman and Burfict them is similar to my feelings towards Mike Mitchell.

As far as Marvin Lewis being the head coach goes, I'd feel sad... because, I am not used to participation trophies; I have come accustomed to Lombardis.

zulater
01-12-2016, 06:09 PM
In a word. Ashamed. A man will sit in a wheel chair for his remaining days because Pacman ordered him shot. The man's offense? He did his job. He kicked Pacman and his posse out of a strip club because Pacman belted one of the dancers with a champagne bottle. Yeah Pacman didn't get convicted. His stooge took the fall. But he ordered the hit. Everyone knows it but no one can prove it.

So I wouldn't give a rats ass if he intercepted 12 passes a year and returned 5 kicks for scores. I wouldn't want him on my team. I would probably take a temporary leave of absence from Steeler nation until such time as he was gone.

Vick was bad enough. But at least Vick owned his crimes and paid his debt to society.

Burfict tries to hurt players. He goes out of his way to injure. I'm all for hard hitting. I like guys with an edge. But he's a borderline sociopath. He's selfish. He puts his team at risk to satisfy personal scores. He'll end up getting a teammate hurt sooner or later when someday a team will go eye for an eye on an important Bengal starter.

So again, I wouldn't want this creep on my team.

katmandu
01-12-2016, 09:50 PM
Great replies folks! Very insightful.

Burfict tries to hurt players. He goes out of his way to injure. I'm all for hard hitting. I like guys with an edge. But he's a borderline sociopath. He's selfish. He puts his team at risk to satisfy personal scores. Borderline ? No, this dude is a full blast Sociopath. No question about it.

- - - Updated - - -

If they were on the Steelers and they pulled that shit, I'd join in with other fans demanding that they be cut immediately or else I would no longer be a fan of the team. I won't cheer for a team that supports that kind of behavior.

I've yet to read a posting anywhere by a Bengal's fan that mentions anything about getting rid of any of these guys.

There in-line lays out one of the main fundamental differences between the Steelers and Bengals organizations.

Winners -Vs- Losers

http://www.mudraa.com/userphotos/9498.jpg

st33lersguy
01-12-2016, 10:15 PM
Would want them all gone

Count Steeler
01-13-2016, 05:20 AM
If they were Steelers, we would be home resting this week.

I couldn't see the Rooneys keeping Lewis, especially at 0 for the playoffs.

As for the players, I would hope the coach would be able to reign them in or cut them. If they put on this display in a Steelers uniform, I'd hope they would be cut/traded.

86WARD
01-13-2016, 05:29 AM
There would be a "FIRE MARVIN LEWIS" thread instead of a Tomlin one...that's for damn sure...lol. There would probably be "Costly Mistakes Of Pacman Jones" and a "Costly Mistakes Of Vontaze Burfict" threads as well...

Steeldude
01-13-2016, 05:53 AM
Most people on here know I have zero tolerance for punks so my answer should be obvious.

Burfdefect(Who came up with that name? That's a good one) should be suspended for 8 or more games.

Jones was crying on the sideline like a little girl. Classic.

zulater
01-13-2016, 11:13 AM
Oh, I forgot Marvin Lewis on my earlier post! :doh:

No way would I want him as our head coach. While he's not an outright failure, given the talent he's been handed over the past 5 years, he's pretty damn close. I would be fine with him as a positional coach or even a d-coordinator. But he's in over his head as an NFL head coach.

And on a personal level he seems to be a decent human being, unlike Trashman and Burfuck.

Craic
01-13-2016, 12:04 PM
Oh, I forgot Marvin Lewis on my earlier post! :doh:

No way would I want him as our head coach. While he's not an outright failure, given the talent he's been handed over the past 5 years, he's pretty damn close. I would be fine with him as a positional coach or even a d-coordinator. But he's in over his head as an NFL head coach.

And on a personal level he seems to be a decent human being, unlike Trashman and Burfuck.

You really need to stop posting things like this. My world crumbles when I agree with you. :chuckle:

Honestly, I think you're absolutely right. What's sad about Lewis, however, is that I think he could be a great coach if he just decided to up his discipline level. He's put together good, strong teams in the regular season, but they always do stupid crap and it comes back to bite them.