PDA

View Full Version : Steelers and Broncos have a long history together

polamalubeast
01-11-2016, 06:17 PM
PITTSBURGH -- The Steelers have met the Denver Broncos more times in the playoffs than any other team -- more than the Oakland/Los Angeles and Oakland again Raiders, the New England Patriots, the Baltimore/Indianapolis Colts or any team from within their division.

Sunday's AFC Divisional Round playoff game in Denver will be the eighth playoff meeting between the teams, which ties the NFL record for the most common playoff matchup with the New York Giants vs. San Francisco 49ers and the Dallas Cowboys vs. the Los Angeles/St. Louis and possibly Los Angeles again Rams.

The Steelers are 3-4 all-time against the Broncos with a 2-3 record in the Mile High City. Their .429 win percentage against Denver is one of just four losing records against any opponent (the others are Miami, San Diego and New England). The Steelers are .500 or better against 13 other teams.

Here is a quick look back at the Steelers' previous seven playoff games against the Broncos:

read more

http://www.timesonline.com/sports/steelers/steelers-and-broncos-have-a-long-history-together/article_a26ea97a-b8a3-11e5-a38a-03798dcc98f9.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

86WARD
01-11-2016, 06:33 PM
Even with Ben, AB and Williams, I don't have a lot of confidence that this team gets out of Denver with a win.

Edman
01-11-2016, 06:39 PM
Even with Ben, AB and Williams, I don't have a lot of confidence that this team gets out of Denver with a win.

Peyton Manning in the playoffs.

This game may end up being not what you expect.

teegre
01-11-2016, 07:10 PM

This.

86WARD
01-11-2016, 07:52 PM

I'm not worried about their offense. It's their defense that is the issue.

Shoes
01-11-2016, 08:38 PM
I feel really relaxed about this game. The Steelers are going in as big underdogs, a healthy Manning can't throw any better than an injured Ben. We have two RB's that are very hungry with fresh legs, a hugely improved oline, great WR's (even with AB out) and TE. The D line is good and getting better as are the LB'ers, even the secondary kicked it up a half notch. I like the mood in this part of Colorado, they think its going to be a cake walk for the Broncos. Back yard football in Denver, I can see a win here for the Steelers.

fansince'76
01-11-2016, 09:13 PM
A very much in decline and past his prime Peyton Manning in the playoffs.

Fixed.

Edman
01-12-2016, 12:56 AM
Another thing:

Once again, the Steelers have a draw to go to Denver to play the Broncos yet again. The game in December was the first time the Steelers played the Broncos at home in nearly a decade.

The Steelers seem to love traveling there it seems. At least they won't be forced to sit down a key defensive player.

Geechie
01-12-2016, 06:30 PM
Im worried about our defense !!!!

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

86WARD
01-12-2016, 07:56 PM
Im worried about our defense !!!!

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

Yep. Worried about how good the Broncos D is and how bad the Steelers D could be...

Healthy, both sides are evenly matched. One of the best offenses against one of the best defenses and then similar rankings on the other side of the ball. Manning has some confidence going and I could see him having his one rebound game of the season...he's been shit all year, it's only natural that he pull a game out of his ass against Pittsburgh and if AB, BB, DW don't play on offense, the Broncos defense is going to be too much for LJ, FT, MB to handle.