PDA

View Full Version : The Doctor is In: Ben Expected to Beat Odds

Steelman
01-11-2016, 10:48 AM
This is a very good, detailed report from Melanie Friedlander, a surgeon who happens to be a Steelers fan and is now assisting the fine folks at Steelers Depot. She also illustrates shoulder injuries, specifically the AC joint sprain.

If you're on Twitter, be sure to follow her. She posts all kinds of great takes.

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/the-doctor-is-in-expect-roethlisberger-to-beat-odds-and-play-in-denver/

polamalubeast
01-11-2016, 10:52 AM
I think Roethlisberger will play, but I am afraid that Ben be too limited for this game, which is far from being ideal.Only the dink and dunk not work in the nfl.

cubanstogie
01-11-2016, 11:04 AM
I think Roethlisberger will play, but I am afraid that Ben be too limited for this game, which is far from being ideal.Only the dink and dunk not work in the nfl.
You could be right, but I know for sure Landry Jones will not work in the NFL.

polamalubeast
01-11-2016, 11:07 AM
You could be right, but I know for sure Landry Jones will not work in the NFL.

Sure...I prefer a Roethlisberger limited than a Landry Jones 100% healthy.The games against the Cardinals were a fluke, since the cards were not prepared against him.

Psycho Ward 86
01-11-2016, 01:28 PM
Please be type I. Please be type I. Please be type I.

EDIT: Ben isn't wearing a sling today, makes it likely a Type I sprain, and manageable at that!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/no-sling-for-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-on-sunday-just-some-tape/

MrPgh
01-11-2016, 01:49 PM
Sure...I prefer a Roethlisberger limited than a Landry Jones 100% healthy.The games against the Cardinals were a fluke, since the cards were not prepared against him.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure the Cardinals thought Jones was just going to hand off all game. When Jones came in they were probably like "LOL this guy is just going to hand off - OH SHIT HE THREW A TD PASS! WTF!?" The Cardinals actually seemed rattled by it.

tube517
01-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Please be type I. Please be type I. Please be type I.

EDIT: Ben isn't wearing a sling today, makes it likely a Type I sprain, and manageable at that!

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/no-sling-for-steelers-qb-ben-roethlisberger-on-sunday-just-some-tape/

Obviously a fake photo. Ben doesn't study film. :sarcasm:

Moose
01-11-2016, 02:43 PM
Simple, if Ben doesn't play we lose.

Rotorhead
01-11-2016, 04:50 PM
What do you mean the dink and dunk can't win, the Cheats have been doing that Brady's entire career . . . and it seemed to work pretty well against the Bengals that last drive. We have 2 of the most dynamic after the catch WR's in the game and Wheaton is becoming a clutch over the middle difficult catch WR. Add to that Heath and any of the 3 RBs out of the backfield and we have a very good dink and dunk game. If that has to be out gameplan, that will certainly work against anyone.

Shoes
01-11-2016, 04:54 PM

Dink & dunk is about all Manning can do. Plus I don't think Manning will hold up if butler blitzes often. I really feel good about this game big underdogs.