PDA

View Full Version : Shazier breakout game comes at right time for Steelers

stillers4me
01-11-2016, 06:02 AM
Ben Roethlisberger created a stir this week when he publicly called out Martavis Bryant for needing to be tougher, especially during playoff time.

It worked as Bryant made a spectacular touchdown catch during the Steelers' 18-16 wild-card playoff win Saturday over the Bengals.

Rewind a month before that, and Keith Butler did the same thing with a talented yet underachieving player on the defensive side of the ball: Ryan Shazier.

“If you are waiting to feel good before you play, you are never going to play,” Butler said then about the oft-injured former first-round pick.

Shazier must've felt good during Saturday's game. After, he likely felt even better.............

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9772289-74/shazier-game-steelers#ixzz3ww7haAxE

tube517
01-11-2016, 09:36 AM
when he publicly called out Martavis Bryant

Lazy journalists. Ben already explained he talked to Tay Tay before this "calling out".

Didn't read the article but I'm sure there is something about an MMA fight between Haley and Ben coming up soon. :rolleyes:

TD's & Beer
01-11-2016, 11:42 AM
So how do we get him to "breakout" two games in a row?

Steelman
01-11-2016, 02:03 PM
So how do we get him to "breakout" two games in a row?

No reports of any shoulder/neck stingers, so I think he could have another one against Denver. I think it took him a lot longer than we realized to shake that injury off completely.

TD's & Beer
01-11-2016, 05:16 PM
No reports of any shoulder/neck stingers, so I think he could have another one against Denver. I think it took him a lot longer than we realized to shake that injury off completely.

No doubt - stingers are on my injury radar now