PDA

View Full Version : It's now or never for Goodell ...

polamalubeast
01-09-2016, 11:23 PM
to suspend Burfict for at least one year.

Seriously Burfict has injured Bell, Brown and Ben this year, it is a disgrace.

lipps83
01-09-2016, 11:30 PM
Someone should start one of those whitehouse petitions to get some action going.

Craic
01-09-2016, 11:33 PM
to suspend Burfict for at least one year.

Seriously Burfict has injured Bell, Brown and Ben this year, it is a disgrace.

The thing is, both Bell's and Ben's injuries weren't illegal or cheap. Brown's, on the other hand, was a distinct head-hunting fiasco.

tube517
01-09-2016, 11:37 PM
His past infractions should be considered for his upcoming suspension next year

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

steelerdude15
01-09-2016, 11:39 PM
Lets not forget the things he's done to other players on other teams including twisting Cam Newton's ankle after tackling him. He needs to be kicked out of the NFL.

86WARD
01-09-2016, 11:40 PM
The thing is, both Bell's and Ben's injuries weren't illegal or cheap. Brown's, on the other hand, was a distinct head-hunting fiasco.

Bell's is questionable. Ben's is not. Brown's was. And let's remember...this is only the Steelers players. This is not the rest of the league.

Goodell wants to talk player safety...start here...

SteelMayhem72
01-10-2016, 01:01 AM
Goodell wont do a damn thing...hes a pos!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

NCSteeler
01-10-2016, 01:12 AM

QFT

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Steelman
01-10-2016, 01:14 AM

Yup.

Although Goodell is heavily influenced by media frenzy and he may just have to do it this time to stave off the media pitchforks. Haven't seen such emphatic words from announcers and talking heads about this type of thing in awhile.

steelreserve
01-10-2016, 01:27 AM

Bell's wasn't illegal, and who knows whether it was cheap; it all depends what his intent was, and nobody knows for sure. Although jumping up and celebrating it sure makes me think his intent was less than honorable.

Ben's hit wasn't illegal, but it sure as hell was cheap. It was obvious what he was trying to do, which is why he belly-flopped on him instead of just making the tackle. And he'd been acting like an animal all fucking game, so yeah, he knew exactly what he was doing, which was trying to cause injuries and fights at every opportunity.

The hit on Brown was just flat-out stupid, and at that point in the game there's no reason to even consider doing anything except the exact opposite of that, unless you've completely lost your shit.

This guy has been an unbelievable asshole for an entire year, and by all accounts well before that as well. He should've been thrown out of the last game, and he should've been thrown out of this one too, well before the fourth quarter. Why they've allowed that shit to go on is beyond me. Instead they throw flags on all the other players on both teams, EXCEPT the one who's obviously the source of all of it. If that idiot is playing for any team next season, that team should be ashamed of itself.

Personally, I have him as #1 on my list of likely candidates to be involved in an offseason stabbing following a nightclub altercation, so maybe that settles the whole thing regardless.

Craic
01-10-2016, 01:34 AM
Bell's wasn't illegal, and who knows whether it was cheap; it all depends what his intent was, and nobody knows for sure. Although jumping up and celebrating it sure makes me think his intent was less than honorable.

Ben's hit wasn't illegal, but it sure as hell was cheap. It was obvious what he was trying to do, which is why he belly-flopped on him instead of just making the tackle. And he'd been acting like an animal all fucking game, so yeah, he knew exactly what he was doing, which was trying to cause injuries and fights at every opportunity.

The hit on Brown was just flat-out stupid, and at that point in the game there's no reason to even consider doing anything except the exact opposite of that, unless you've completely lost your shit.

This guy has been an unbelievable asshole for an entire year, and by all accounts well before that as well. He should've been thrown out of the last game, and he should've been thrown out of this one too, well before the fourth quarter. Why they've allowed that shit to go on is beyond me. Instead they throw flags on all the other players on both teams, EXCEPT the one who's obviously the source of all of it. If that idiot is playing for any team next season, that team should be ashamed of itself.

Personally, I have him as #1 on my list of likely candidates to be involved in an offseason stabbing following a nightclub altercation, so maybe that settles the whole thing regardless.

I'll agree with you on the hit on Ben maybe being cheap, but not illegal. And I completely agree his celebration was ignorant on Bell's injury. Sad thing is, if Burfict would just calm it down a notch, he'd be a fantastic player. Instead, he should be facing a fine or even suspension based on that hit and everything else he did throughout this season.

katmandu
01-10-2016, 01:45 AM
Mark my words.

Nothing will change until a player gets KILLED by a cheap assed' hit !

I'm horrified to think of it happening but I wholeheartedly believe it will. Sooner rather than later.

That hit Burfict layed into AB's head was purely VICIOUS ! I thought to myself......Oh God! This is it.... he killed him! I can't not believe AB was up walking around and joking in the locker room. Only the grace of God saved him....... THIS time.

Burfict needs to be Suspended for a lengthy time. I don't know how long but long enough to make an example out of him to the rest of the league. He also needs to get the maximum fine out there. In te range of $100,000 at least. Any less would be a slap on the wrist and an absolute joke.

It's way past time for Godell and the league to stop pussyfooting around with the punishments and get serious about it. REAL serious !

fansince'76
01-10-2016, 01:46 AM
Someone needs to take the hit for everyone and take him out at the knees. It's evident the league isn't going to do anything about him.

katmandu
01-10-2016, 01:52 AM
I need to add.....

Burfict had the CLEAR INTENTION of maiming AB ! Pure Criminally minded intent. He is in the same league as SUH. The NFL needs to clear the league of these emotional baby Huey's.

Godell and the league need to set the standard that the league will no longer tolerate uncivilized thug-like behavior. We that fans are sick to death of it already.

- - - Updated - - -

Someone needs to take the hit for everyone and take him out at the knees. It's evident the league isn't going to do anything about him.It wouldn't shock me to see a fan take him out on the street somewhere.

People are fuggking NUTS these days! Look at how our Politicians are acting! Unfortunately, they set the STANDARDS for rules of behavior in this country!

NCSteeler
01-10-2016, 02:03 AM
He should be cut , we'll see if the bengals have the balls

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

whodat1
01-10-2016, 07:16 AM
They won't cut him. he exemplifies the Bengal football team.

polamalubeast
01-10-2016, 07:23 AM
Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict is facing suspension for his hit on Antonio Brown during Saturday night's wild-card game, per a source familiar with the situation. It's even possible Burfict could be suspended for more than one game, per the source. The NFL already fined Burfict $69,454 last month for his combination of plays against Pittsburgh. As a repeat offender, Burfict now is expected to be suspended.

https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1078672332185407

salamander
01-10-2016, 07:30 AM
https://www.facebook.com/AdamSchefter/posts/1078672332185407

Of course people are whining on there about Shazier's hit. One guy even went so far as to say that AB "purposely walked into it." :ranger:

86WARD
01-10-2016, 07:38 AM
How do we feel today if that hit was James Harrison and it was AJ Green lying on the ground?

SteeleReign
01-10-2016, 07:56 AM
How do we feel today if that hit was James Harrison and it was AJ Green lying on the ground?

I'd be pissed at Harrison for being stupid. I would hope that our fans aren't so homer-ish that they would give Deebo a pass on that shit.

tube517
01-10-2016, 08:03 AM
Deebo already went thru this and was targeted by the league.Goodhell has done nothing except some worthless fines. Barfict should have been suspended after the december game.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

salamander
01-10-2016, 08:09 AM

We've already been through that with Harrison, unfortunately.

NCSteeler
01-10-2016, 08:10 AM

I still think WRs duck into these hits. More as a defense of them selves , natural reaction. BUT AB had no time to do much of anything. It's still a high speed game and it's hard to make those adjustments but we would have received the same penalty and have in the past. It's the way it is now. Period.

Count Steeler
01-10-2016, 08:10 AM

I defended Birthdefect on his tackle of Ben, not illegal. His hit on Brown was completely intent to injure. He could have avoided the hit, but instead he leaned into AB.

Shaziers hit was after the ball carrier took 2 steps and was facing Shazier. He was robbed of a TD.

SteelerFanInStl
01-10-2016, 08:37 AM

QFT. Goodell doesn't really care about player safety, he just doesn't want to get sued.

silver & black
01-10-2016, 09:35 AM
I'd be pissed at Harrison for being stupid. I would hope that our fans aren't so homer-ish that they would give Deebo a pass on that shit.

Trust me.... quite a lot of your fan base would reason that it was okay. Most of the members on here would have a problem with it, but I know how "most" fans twist things be in favor of the home team. It's just how it is, and no fan base is immune from it.

Personally, I thought Shazier's hit should have drawn a flag. If we are going by the letter of the rules, it was helmet to helmet, no matter if by accident or on purpose. I don't agree with it, but............................

Butch
01-10-2016, 09:58 AM
Trust me.... quite a lot of your fan base would reason that it was okay. Most of the members on here would have a problem with it, but I know how "most" fans twist things be in favor of the home team. It's just how it is, and no fan base is immune from it.

Personally, I thought Shazier's hit should have drawn a flag. If we are going by the letter of the rules, it was helmet to helmet, no matter if by accident or on purpose. I don't agree with it, but............................

Yeah my understanding is that at that point he was a running back and as such there was no helmet to helmet. So if that is the case then I can see why there was no flag.

Also on that same play the early whistle cost us 4 points.

cargojon
01-10-2016, 10:09 AM
QFT. Goodell doesn't really care about player safety, he just doesn't want to get sued.

Exactly, which is why "Bountygate" happened, to a team that was in the bottom 5 of personal foul penalties during the years they were accused.

Goodell is a joke but he makes the owners money, so he won't be going anywhere.

SteelerFanInStl
01-10-2016, 10:21 AM

There isn't a penalty for a helmet to helmet hit on a runner, which he clearly was.

ETL
01-10-2016, 10:37 AM

I truly believe that Deebo NEVER EVER took a cheap shot to hurt somebody. He is just an abnormally strong strong man and the "usual" football play that other players engage in - are not so unusual when Deebo involved. His hits to Browns WR and Cold McCoy were football plays where he was trying to make a play. What us Steelers fans were angry about at the time and so was Harrison was not knowing where the line between playing physically hard and a penalty.

Birthdefect on the other hand is a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT player. What he did yesterday to AB is similar to him twisting Cam Newton and Greg Olson's ankle. The play was over when the ball sailed over AB but he deliberately took an unnecessary shot to his head. Harrison would never have done that.

So the response to what you ask is simple - if Deebo took a completely obvious cheap shot and did what Buttfuck did to AB - then yes, he should be punished, the team should be punished and we would be all saying how he cost us the game. We would have this reaction because it is so outside of who he is. (I would expect Cody Wallace to take a cheap shot more so than Deebo)

ALLD
01-10-2016, 10:46 AM
Or Mike Wallace doing something stupid should result in a penalty or getting cut. You just can't win in the long run without some sort of discipline of execution.

Champions are champions not because they do anything extraordinary but because they do the ordinary things better than anyone else.

Chuck Noll

Read more at: http://www.azquotes.com/quote/553555

silver & black
01-10-2016, 11:34 AM
There isn't a penalty for a helmet to helmet hit on a runner, which he clearly was.

Right, but, there is a penalty for leading with your head... which he did.

Pittsburgher
01-10-2016, 11:37 AM
We've already been through that with Harrison, unfortunately.

The difference is that Harrison learned and is controlled now. Burfict is not reigned in by Lewis. Even their own players have said this.

jpele
01-10-2016, 11:40 AM
Anyone thinking the hit on Ben was clean, look at this:

https://vine.co/v/iMuO9BaxgQT

Mojouw
01-10-2016, 11:49 AM
There was a Tweet floating around this morning, can't readily find it now unfortunately. Basically unnamed Bengals players are saying to reporters that Burfict and Jones have been out of control all season. Nothing was done to corral their actions by the coaching staff. Player indicated that many in the locker room were predicting that either or both of the pair would cost the team a game at some point with their undisciplined behavior.

If Deebo hit Green like Brown just got hit, I would be pissed. It was a dirty play. Bottom line. The consequences of that type of hit are too extreme to be ignored. Shazier's hit, while a bit borderline because NO ONE understands the rules anymore, was legal - Bernard had returned to being a runner, so no helmet to helmet penalties.

Bottom line, I thought this happened to AB - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPlNhnT84Kc#action=share

NOTE - I realize that Tatum was not a dirty player like Burfict.

SteelerFanInStl
01-10-2016, 12:08 PM
Right, but, there is a penalty for leading with your head... which he did.

The only rule that comes close to what you're talking about is the "crown of the helmet" rule put in place a few years ago and IMO that didn't apply here.

zoneblitzerII
01-10-2016, 12:12 PM
The only rule that comes close to what you're talking about is the "crown of the helmet" rule put in place a few years ago and IMO that didn't apply here.

In hindsight, I think we got away with one there. But it says something about the confusing NFL rules on runners and receivers when the broadcast's guest referee failed to point it out.