PDA

View Full Version : Divisional Round: Denver Broncos

Psycho Ward 86
01-09-2016, 11:17 PM
Love this team, but please, no more heart attacks of that magnitude if possible :lol:. I just about lost my shit after Landry Jones threw that pick.

Someone keep Martavis locked in his hotel room for this game.

It would be nice if we got the early season Peyton Manning for this game

fansince'76
01-09-2016, 11:18 PM
It would be nice if we got the early season Peyton Manning for this game

Manning still has a noodle for an arm. He really should retire. Not to worry.

Psycho Ward 86
01-10-2016, 12:45 AM
Also, REVENGE

I want another revenge run for the remainder of the playoffs (assuming we are able to go all the way).

The bengals were the 1st victim, hopefully the broncos will be next (albeit, that would make it 2-nil), and hopefully the patriots (much more satisfying than a chiefs victory) next, and i want the seahawks in the superbowl

Again, big IFS, but if the scenario arises

teegre
01-10-2016, 12:47 AM
Merril Hoge said that if BB, AB, and D.Williams can't go... it would take four turnovers for the Steelers to win.

Without missing a beat, Hoge added: "Considering Denver's offense... it's possible."

86WARD
01-10-2016, 12:48 AM
Merril Hoge said that if BB, AB, and D.Williams can't go... it would take four turnovers for the Steelers to win.

Without missing a beat, Hoge added: "Considering Denver's offense... it's possible."

I think Ben will play... Not the other two.

fansince'76
01-10-2016, 12:49 AM
I have a feeling Roethlisberger will go, but won't be 100%. I have a feeling D-Will will be able to go too. AB, doubtful - he really got his bell rung.

teegre
01-10-2016, 12:52 AM
I think Ben will play... Not the other two.

He's the most important one. I'll take it.

Edman
01-10-2016, 01:01 AM
Ben will play. Not sure about DeAngelo or Brown.

If the game is on a Sunday, they may have a shot.

86WARD
01-10-2016, 01:03 AM
Brown was in a video with Beachum and looked/sounded fine. Let's hope it's nothing serious...

teegre
01-10-2016, 01:04 AM
Brown was in a video with Beachum and looked/sounded fine. Let's hope it's nothing serious...

Yeah... but, that mohawk makes me wonder.

Steelman
01-10-2016, 01:07 AM
I think all three will play. AB was on snapchat and social media after and looked pretty sharp and chipper, though that's his usual MO. Concussions have a weird way of having delayed onset sometimes. (personal experience...have had multiple)

Ben and AB are gonna be sore tomorrow, that much is for sure.

NCSteeler
01-10-2016, 01:10 AM
ABs first concussion? It makes a huge difference, he could be ready

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

katmandu
01-10-2016, 01:56 AM
I think all three will play. AB was on snapchat and social media after and looked pretty sharp and chipper, though that's his usual MO. Concussions have a weird way of having delayed onset sometimes. (personal experience...have had multiple)

Ben and AB are gonna be sore tomorrow, that much is for sure.I can't believe AB is still alive after that vicious hit let along having a Stage 1 Concussion !

Steelman is right. Concussions have weird effects. I had a Stage 3 Concussion years ago and know for a fact.

Each concussion is different and the way it effects the individual involved.

http://www.webmd.com/brain/concussion-traumatic-brain-injury-symptoms-causes-treatments?page=2

Concussions are graded as mild (grade 1), moderate (grade 2), or severe (grade 3), depending on such factors as loss of consciousness, amnesia, and loss of equilibrium.In a grade 1 concussion, symptoms last for less than 15 minutes. There is no loss of consciousness.
With a grade 2 concussion, there is no loss of consciousness but symptoms last longer than 15 minutes.
In a grade 3 concussion, the person loses consciousness, sometimes just for a few seconds.

Psycho Ward 86
01-10-2016, 02:17 AM

i agree 100% with that. hell, 4 turnovers might not be enough. That being said, i think we all know Big Ben is playing for sure next week. I mean the guy came back into the game for crying out loud and he's the toughest QB in the league. I feel confident about Deangelo coming back since it took us some time to rule him out for this week, and im sure he wants that superbowl badly. Antonio is the one im worried about, but its nice to see that he posted some videos right after the game and seemed alright

SteelMayhem72
01-10-2016, 02:41 AM
i agree 100% with that. hell, 4 turnovers might not be enough. That being said, i think we all know Big Ben is playing for sure next week. I mean the guy came back into the game for crying out loud and he's the toughest QB in the league. I feel confident about Deangelo coming back since it took us some time to rule him out for this week, and im sure he wants that superbowl badly. Antonio is the one im worried about, but its nice to see that he posted some videos right after the game and seemed alright
im not so sure Ben will be playing to be honest...im thinking he may have a separated shoulder...

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

zoneblitzerII
01-10-2016, 04:53 AM
I just don't see them getting past Denver on the road especially with ALL the injuries...and hey, I'm ok with that after today's deliciously sweet win. It's progress.

polamalubeast
01-10-2016, 05:08 AM
It'll be a tough challenge, but at the same time, the Broncos are far from being dominant.The Broncos have won several close game this year.It'll depend how Ben will perform following of his injury.Peyton Manning could be great, but could be awful too.

Several remembers the loss against Tebow, but we must also remember that the Steelers have already won a big game in Denver in the Roethlisberger era(2005 AFC title game).So this is not impossible.

Count Steeler
01-10-2016, 06:04 AM
I think we will have a legit shot at the Broncos as long as Ben is good to go.

86WARD
01-10-2016, 07:25 AM

Ben and AB are gonna be sore tomorrow, that much is for sure.

I think it's safe to say that everyone will be sore after that contest...btw, special shout out to DeCastro for plowing Burfict into the ends one and giving him the Willie Colon treatment!! Anyone have a gif of that...

polamalubeast
01-10-2016, 09:19 AM
The steelers offense need to be better on 3rd down.

ALLD
01-10-2016, 10:11 AM
Go for the first down on 3rd and short instead of heaving it 30 yards again. I don't think that will be a problem in Denver.

Mojouw
01-10-2016, 04:01 PM
It all will hinge on stopping CJ Anderson. He has been the key for Denver lately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
01-10-2016, 04:02 PM
Force Manning to go in the sideline....

Steelerschik
01-10-2016, 04:34 PM
Don't the Steelers usually do well against Manning? Or was that just because our D was better than it is now?

salamander
01-10-2016, 04:37 PM
No way we win this game if Ben can't play.

polamalubeast
01-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Don't the Steelers usually do well against Manning? Or was that just because our D was better than it is now?

The steelers have very rarely played against Manning in the last few years....The last time the Steelers have playing against Manning was in 2012, before that it was in 2008.

steelerdude15
01-10-2016, 04:41 PM
The only time we had a Ben vs Peyton playoff game was in 2005 when we won the fifth Super Bowl title. Lets make it 2-0!

Moose
01-10-2016, 04:50 PM
I hope Ben play's. If Landry start's we are done ! I have no faith in him and who in the hell ever told him he was a QB.

st33lersguy
01-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Denver's defense will smother Landry Jones. We saw what happened when he played on the road against a top notch D in week 7 and boy was it ugly

Psycho Ward 86
01-10-2016, 07:26 PM
i dont think we can lean on Ben in the 40+ attempts fashion that we have all season anymore. were actually going to have to be pretty good at running the ball. I think Fitz and Todman have earned some snaps regardless of Deangelo's health. Todman looked so explosive, and Fitz made so many savvy plays throughout, including multiple catches on that final drive (lets not forget that beautiful adjustment down the right sideline).

Ben's long term health is on the line as well folks. Sucks having to look at it that way to some degree. Hang in there Ben. This playoff run will be the stuff of legends if we keep pulling through

Count Steeler
01-10-2016, 07:30 PM
I'm also reminded of that report a couple years ago that Ben's rotator cuff was not normal and was susceptible to injury.

Bottom line, Ben has to be cleared to play on Sunday. I was quite shocked that he could even throw the way he did on Saturday.

86WARD
01-10-2016, 07:37 PM
I think we'll be questioning it all week...

Shoes
01-10-2016, 07:53 PM
I think Ben will play, even with his injury he's still stronger than Manning. I don't think Manning will hold up under the D's blitzing. The Steelers may come into this game limping, but still have a good shot of winning it. Even if Williams plays I'd keep both Fitz and Todman on deck. Lets hope Brown is cleared.

Psycho Ward 86
01-10-2016, 09:05 PM
any win (assuming we have any left) from here on out will be a pyrrhic victory knowing that Ben is pretty much risking the remainder of his career on this run

86WARD
01-10-2016, 09:16 PM

st33lersguy
01-10-2016, 09:18 PM
Even if Ben plays, can he stay healthy? Denver does have one of the best pass rushes in the league and it isn't out of the question that he gets sacked/hit a lot

Psycho Ward 86
01-10-2016, 09:57 PM
Even if Ben plays, can he stay healthy? Denver does have one of the best pass rushes in the league and it isn't out of the question that he gets sacked/hit a lot

im hearing 2 things, sprained ac joint or separated shoulder. seems like either one means Ben wont be fully healthy until after the season, no matter how far we get

Rotorhead
01-11-2016, 09:55 AM
Well the Denver media certainly believes the Steeler's have less than zero change to win this game. Several have said the Steeler's didn't deserve to be there and that Peyton is going to shred our defense like nobody's business. Now, I would agree with them if Ben or AB are no-go's, but if they are a go, it will be how well our def holds up against their offense that determines this game.

Steelerschik
01-11-2016, 10:13 AM
Well the Denver media certainly believes the Steeler's have less than zero change to win this game. Several have said the Steeler's didn't deserve to be there and that Peyton is going to shred our defense like nobody's business. Now, I would agree with them if Ben or AB are no-go's, but if they are a go, it will be how well our def holds up against their offense that determines this game.

This is shared with their asshole fans as well. I'm starting to believe that the only fans that post (except here of course!!!) are total and complete brain dead idiots. There's no way fans can be so dumb. Of course hate can blind some from facts no matter what, so there's that. I would like to add that it's quite obvious the idiots posting this stupidity absolutely could NOT have watched the game because the game I watched the Steelers led and held the criminals in check for 3 out of 4 quarters and absolutely deserve to move on. Would these teams rather face a team that is so motivated to injure players...oh but wait, the Steelers are WORSE than the Bengals, that's right, silly me to forget that cause we took out exactly how many star players this year?????? Uneducated, unknowledgeable and unable to open their eyes past their hate fans....Denver has them too. What a shame.

polamalubeast
01-11-2016, 10:15 AM
The steelers are huge underdog in this game......Time to shock the world!!!!

fansince'76
01-11-2016, 11:07 AM

I live in the Denver area as well. They're delusional. Manning's arm is gone and they refuse to face that fact. Osweiler scares me more than Manning at this point.

Steelerschik
01-11-2016, 11:16 AM
I live in the Denver area as well. They're delusional. Manning's arm is gone and they refuse to face that fact. Osweiler scares me more than Manning at this point.

I don't know though, he looked pretty good in his last game here, against the bengals right? Of course the Steelers and backup QBs is quite another thing.

YOU ARE STAYING OUT OF THAT STADIUM THAT DAY CORRECT???? We have enough problems of our own, don't need to have a semi-omen in their presence.

polamalubeast
01-11-2016, 11:32 AM
The steelers are underdog by 6.5 points right now....

The Broncos won by more than 7 points only 3 times this year(GB,SD and DET)

fansince'76
01-11-2016, 11:39 AM
YOU ARE STAYING OUT OF THAT STADIUM THAT DAY CORRECT???? We have enough problems of our own, don't need to have a semi-omen in their presence.

Absolutely. I'll be watching the game in HD from the comfort of the recliner in my living room. :chuckle:

fansince'76
01-11-2016, 11:42 AM
The steelers are underdog by 6.5 points right now....

The Broncos won by more than 7 points only 3 times this year(GB,SD and DET)

Good. They historically do much better as underdogs. And the bigger the underdog they're made out to be, the better they seem to play.

So go ahead and keep right on telling our team they don't have a chance.

Rotorhead
01-11-2016, 12:12 PM
This is shared with their asshole fans as well. I'm starting to believe that the only fans that post (except here of course!!!) are total and complete brain dead idiots. There's no way fans can be so dumb. Of course hate can blind some from facts no matter what, so there's that. I would like to add that it's quite obvious the idiots posting this stupidity absolutely could NOT have watched the game because the game I watched the Steelers led and held the criminals in check for 3 out of 4 quarters and absolutely deserve to move on. Would these teams rather face a team that is so motivated to injure players...oh but wait, the Steelers are WORSE than the Bengals, that's right, silly me to forget that cause we took out exactly how many star players this year?????? Uneducated, unknowledgeable and unable to open their eyes past their hate fans....Denver has them too. What a shame.

The funny thing is, I was talking about the sports people on each of the Denver networks!

Steelerschik
01-11-2016, 12:35 PM
The funny thing is, I was talking about the sports people on each of the Denver networks!

Oh crap, I think I thought it was the media and fans. Monday eyes. So disrespectful. Especially those guys should know better than to overlook a team no matter what condition that team is in. I don't have a lot of hope either, but I know better than to ever count this team out. I hope the Broncos think the same way as the media and totally think we don't stand a chance.

polamalubeast
01-11-2016, 05:57 PM

Psycho Ward 86
01-11-2016, 06:47 PM

diversions? is this guy for fucking real

teegre
01-11-2016, 07:06 PM

Sweet!!!... because, Peyton sucks in the playoffs.

ETL
01-11-2016, 10:15 PM
The AFC QB in 11 of last 12 Super Bowls has been either Ben, Manning or Brady.

There are 4 QBs that were #1 draft picks playing this weekend. And the 4 QBs that weren't are Ben, Brady, Aaron Rogers and Russell Wilson.

i predict Steelers win this game and Osweiler will come in in mid 3rd quarter to play for an ineffective Manning.

86WARD
01-12-2016, 11:47 AM
The AFC QB in 11 of last 12 Super Bowls has been either Ben, Manning or Brady.

There are 4 QBs that were #1 draft picks playing this weekend. And the 4 QBs that weren't are Ben, Brady, Aaron Rogers and Russell Wilson.

i predict Steelers win this game and Osweiler will come in in mid 3rd quarter to play for an ineffective Manning.

No chance. Manning will probably throw for 400 and 5 TDs...setting up an epic failure in Foxboro the following week.

polamalubeast
01-12-2016, 11:51 AM
No chance. Manning will probably throw for 400 and 5 TDs...setting up an epic failure in Foxboro the following week.

If the Broncos win, the game will be in Denver for the AFC title game.

ALLD
01-12-2016, 06:09 PM
Please, no celebrating in the EZ after a score or a TO. Just play the game to win it without doing something Cincinnati like.

86WARD
01-12-2016, 08:48 PM
If the Broncos win, the game will be in Denver for the AFC title game.

That's right...so failure in Mile High...lol

salamander
01-12-2016, 10:22 PM

Kinda has that feel, doesn't it. But with us being such underdogs in this one, who knows.

I'll use the regular season game against Denver as an example (their QB not withstanding). Will we get the first half defense in that game that gave up 4 straight TD's, or will we get the 2nd half defense from that game who shut them out the rest of the way.

teegre
01-13-2016, 06:47 AM
I'll use the regular season game against Denver as an example (their QB not withstanding). Will we get the first half defense in that game that gave up 4 straight TD's, or will we get the 2nd half defense from that game who shut them out the rest of the way.

I see somewhere in the middle. The defense will likely give up 10-14 points in each half (20-28 total).

That said, some of those blitzes that got almost got to McCarron would get to an immobile Peyton. Peyton doesn't take sacks, he throws it away... but, with his weak arm, he's been turning those throw always into INTs. I could see him giving the offense two or three short fields, as well as a pick six.

So, while Peyton will put up 20-28, I could also see him setting up the Steelers with 12-18 easy points (in addition to anything else that the offense can muster).

86WARD
01-13-2016, 06:55 AM
I see somewhere in the middle. The defense will likely give up 10-14 points in each half (20-28 total).

That said, some of those blitzes that got almost got to McCarron would get to an immobile Peyton. Peyton doesn't take sacks, he throws it away... but, with his weak arm, he's been turning those throw always into INTs. I could see him giving the offense two or three short fields, as well as a pick six.

So, while Peyton will put up 20-28, I could also see him setting up the Steelers with 12-18 easy points (in addition to anything else that the offense can muster).

Without Ben do you think the Steelers could put up the 30 that they would need to win? I don't see them putting up more than 17 with Jones at the helm...and that might be generous...there would have to be some sort of Broncos turnover in their own territory to get there.

lotas
01-13-2016, 07:05 AM

One good thing we have going for us with Ben and Brown questionable is the defense knows they have to step up, and it's largely on them to win this game.

And instead of the defense being questioned and criticized coming into this game, they are riding high on their efforts and their ability to take back the game in Cinci and give the offense a chance to win.

polamalubeast
01-13-2016, 08:29 AM
The first game of Manning with the Broncos were against the steelers.

Maybe his last game with the Broncos will be against the steelers too!

tube517
01-13-2016, 08:50 AM
Without Ben do you think the Steelers could put up the 30 that they would need to win? I don't see them putting up more than 17 with Jones at the helm...and that might be generous...there would have to be some sort of Broncos turnover in their own territory to get there.

And if Brown doesn't play, there is no threat of a PR or decent field position to help out the offense.

Rotorhead
01-13-2016, 10:33 AM
Well if our defense can step up the pressure, then we have a decent chance to turn this into a defensive game, that plays well for us. That is probably out only chance to pull off the upset here. There def will get their stops, but we do have some very good weapons (as long as AB plays) and if we can get the ball in their hands (whether on short throws or whatever) then we have a chance. I think Cincy's DL is better than the Broncos so if we can open up running lanes for TnT then that helps us as well. We have to stop their running game and we have to press the WR's to give time for the rush to get to Manning. The good thing is their OL is terrible so we should be able to get pressure. I am going to call a it a close defensive game, if Ben and AB play we will win, if either one is out we probably lose this game.

All that said, getting to the 2nd rnd of the playoffs is more than I expected this season, if we can get a true top level cover corner for next season we will be making a serious SB run. Our younger guys are getting valuable experience these last two weeks and getting a taste of championship level football, hopefully it makes them hungry for next season.

teegre
01-13-2016, 11:33 AM

I agree... 10-13 points is what I figure Jones will earn on him own.

Add in the aforementioned 12-18 "easy" points off of turnovers.

TOTAL: 22-31 points

(This game will rest on the shoulders of the defense.)

- - - Updated - - -

One good thing we have going for us with Ben and Brown questionable is the defense knows they have to step up, and it's largely on them to win this game.

Spot on.

ESPN did a piece on the Bengals, and how their defense had cranked it up a notch once Dalton went down.

Kniwing that hat it's going to be an uphill battle for Pittsburgh's offense, I foresee Pittsburgh's defense stepping up to the challenge (via creating turnovers).

polamalubeast
01-13-2016, 11:40 AM
Many think the Steelers defense is horrible, but it is far from being the case.This defense is not perfect, but they have finished in the top 3 for the turnovers, sacks and 11th in points given.

I am confident this defense will be good in Denver since the broncos not have a very good offense this year.But we must not play the same defense that the first half against them in week 15!

teegre
01-13-2016, 11:43 AM
Many think the Steelers defense is horrible, but it is far from being the case.This defense is not perfect, but they have finished in the top 3 for the turnovers, sacks and 11th in points given.

I am confident this defense will be good in Denver since the broncos not have a very good offense this year.But we must not play the same defense that the first half against them in week 15!

Amen!!!!!

SteelerFanInStl
01-13-2016, 02:19 PM
They're already crying about that personal foul by Wallace in the first game.

polamalubeast
01-13-2016, 02:50 PM

Psycho Ward 86
01-13-2016, 03:13 PM

so tight man coverage minus BLAKE...im game

polamalubeast
01-13-2016, 03:20 PM

Rotorhead
01-13-2016, 04:21 PM
You have to pressure Manning, doesnt have to be anything special, but if you give him (or anyone) all day to pass you will lose. Yes he gets rid of it quick, makes the rush mostly ineffective, but he was sacked a good number of times before he was out, have to make him take his throws faster then he wants. Have to jam the WR's to give just that little bit more time as well. Their OL is complete garbage so we may be able to get pressure just rushing 4.

Psycho Ward 86
01-13-2016, 04:28 PM

would be more excited about that if the circumstances were different...

his possibility of impact also seems to be mitigated by the fact that Ben probably wont be as effective on his deep ball, assuming he's able to toss one

Born2Steel
01-13-2016, 04:31 PM
You have to pressure Manning, doesnt have to be anything special, but if you give him (or anyone) all day to pass you will lose. Yes he gets rid of it quick, makes the rush mostly ineffective, but he was sacked a good number of times before he was out, have to make him take his throws faster then he wants. Have to jam the WR's to give just that little bit more time as well. Their OL is complete garbage so we may be able to get pressure just rushing 4.

Totally agree. Manning will be a statue. We have to hit him and get him rushing throws. Cannot let him sit back there and pick us apart. Defense has to step up and dominate this one. The man has a bad foot, make him move on it.

86WARD
01-13-2016, 04:34 PM
The first game of Manning with the Broncos were against the steelers.

Maybe his last game with the Broncos will be against the steelers too!

Positive thinking!!!

SteelerFanInStl
01-13-2016, 06:15 PM

Yes, I didn't agree with that post by Alex at all. Our DBs aren't nearly good enough to just sit back in coverage. If you can get some pressure on Manning, he'll make some mistakes. He's not the QB that he used to be.

teegre
01-14-2016, 06:48 AM
The key to this game is Denver RT, Michael Schofield.

Every other team takes advantage of him, in order to get pressure on the Denver QB. A few weeks ago, Osweiler was benched, because Schofield let defenders blow right by him for two sack-fumbles.

If there were ever a game where Bud Dupree needed to show why he was taken in R1, this is the game. Beyond that, Butler needs to send a DB at Schofield... and swing Shazier around the outside... and slide the D-line to the left, so that Tuitt can go up against Schofield a few times...

fansince'76
01-14-2016, 06:52 AM
Totally agree. Manning will be a statue.

He also has a noodle for an arm at this point.

Rotorhead
01-14-2016, 04:21 PM
The only news I have seen on AB was not good news, still showing concussion symptoms yesterday . . . I sure hope MB, DHB, Wheaton and Heath step it up this week. I am confident they can play well enough in the WR department to beat the Broncos, but with Ben not being 100% they are going to need to have the best game of their lives to win this weekend!

tube517
01-14-2016, 04:24 PM
The only news I have seen on AB was not good news, still showing concussion symptoms yesterday . . . I sure hope MB, DHB, Wheaton and Heath step it up this week. I am confident they can play well enough in the WR department to beat the Broncos, but with Ben not being 100% they are going to need to have the best game of their lives to win this weekend!

Also need help from Frenchy (and Todman) and The Outlaw

vader29
01-14-2016, 05:25 PM
Maybe they'll shoot Peezy again. :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOG9K02F_g

Dissolv
01-14-2016, 10:44 PM
Okay, time to stop thinking about that war, err game against the Bungles. Hopefully our players have been able to focus on Denver because we have a losing playoff record and I'd love to see that corrected. An aging Manning -- will be pull it together for one more ride, or will he go down to the physical demands of the sport?

Can the battered Steelers Offense step it up against another excellent Defense and actually score some points? I mean come on.....20 points is not unreasonable! We could be in for another wild ride......

Dissolv

Rotorhead
01-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Well, I am debating on getting tix for this game . . . they are pricey, but would be a fun game to go to (especially if we pull off the upset)!

tube517
01-15-2016, 12:30 PM
#FBF

After a win in Denver:

https://scontent.forf1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xtp1/v/t1.0-9/941044_1080712538627342_7741943496539422361_n.jpg? oh=737e164267774f5afb4fc0a74e17283a&oe=570485B7

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 12:34 PM

Rotorhead
01-15-2016, 01:58 PM
It is sounding like Ben will be ok for this game, after reading up on the injury, it is mainly a pain tolerance issue, and we all know he can play through some pain. He probably won't be tossing 50yarders but 25-30 should be fine. Also Wheaton said when throwing today, he didnt notice a difference. I hope they get through this game!

Psycho Ward 86
01-15-2016, 02:10 PM
It is sounding like Ben will be ok for this game, after reading up on the injury, it is mainly a pain tolerance issue, and we all know he can play through some pain. He probably won't be tossing 50yarders but 25-30 should be fine. Also Wheaton said when throwing today, he didnt notice a difference. I hope they get through this game!

thats a bit more reassuring. Wheaton is going to need a seahawks like performance for this one

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 02:13 PM
The steelers don't need to score 30 points to win this game.....20 points could be enough for the steelers if they protect the football.

Rotorhead
01-15-2016, 02:28 PM
Lets hope this is the case, I think they could put up 21-24 pts

steel striker
01-15-2016, 02:58 PM
I still think the Steelers can win this game and, get the pressure on Manning. I'm pretty sure Ben will play and, I think he is going to surprise some people. Maybe DHB makes a few big plays in this game.

86WARD
01-15-2016, 04:17 PM
The steelers don't need to score 30 points to win this game.....20 points could be enough for the steelers if they protect the football.

Manning will put up 28 points.

Count Steeler
01-15-2016, 04:21 PM

Is that total? 21 for the Broncos and 7 for the Steelers?

polamalubeast
01-15-2016, 04:26 PM

No....17 points or less with 2-3 turnovers!!!!...We will see!

Shoes
01-15-2016, 07:38 PM
I can't see Manning putting up 28 points. I think Butler goes heavy on blitzing Sunday and Manning won't hold up.

Craic
01-15-2016, 07:45 PM
This game is where you need a second player on the field who can throw the deep ball. Imagine an Antwan Randel-El to Hines Ward TD connection in the first five minutes of the game. That'd back up the safeties pretty quick. I wonder how accurate Heath is???

TD's & Beer
01-15-2016, 07:58 PM
donkeys blow donkey dicks

We win by 10

Guaranteed

Psycho Ward 86
01-15-2016, 10:19 PM
did people forget were guaranteed to see Antwon Blake on Demaryius Thomas and Manny Sanders a billion times or something? Broncos are a credible threat to score 28. I would have had high hopes for this game if both Ben and AB were playing. Even with a hobbled Ben and no Williams, I had us winning 27-26.

Im predicting 29-20 Broncos. I think we'll put up much more of a fight than most people give us credit for.

86WARD
01-15-2016, 10:19 PM
No....17 points or less with 2-3 turnovers!!!!...We will see!

I,like your answer much, much better!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

polamalubeast
01-16-2016, 06:38 AM
did people forget were guaranteed to see Antwon Blake on Demaryius Thomas and Manny Sanders a billion times or something? Broncos are a credible threat to score 28. I would have had high hopes for this game if both Ben and AB were playing. Even with a hobbled Ben and no Williams, I had us winning 27-26.

Im predicting 29-20 Broncos. I think we'll put up much more of a fight than most people give us credit for.

Who's the Broncos WR/TE after Sanders and Thomas? The Bengals had more depth in their WR / TE corp that the broncos.

It'll depend of Manning.If Manning is bad, this game is going to be close, otherwise it will be very hard for the steelers.But Manning has been bad all year.

fansince'76
01-16-2016, 06:59 AM

AND IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME, I'M GONNA TALK LOUDER AND LOUDER UNTIL I "WIN" THE DEBATE! :coffee:

salamander
01-16-2016, 07:11 AM
I'm going into this game without much emotion either way. Given the current injury situation, I will not be mad or upset (or surprised) if we do lose.

cold-hard-steel
01-16-2016, 07:18 AM
As i said before ,i don't have a problem with starting one of our other QB's for this game , even if Ben is capable of starting . In my mind we are going to need to at least give the running game a chance to get established .I'm not talking about waiting until we are down 14 or 17 points to make a switch either.Playing away and minus so many of your main weapons , it's time to bring your "A" game along with pulling on the "big boy" pants .
I can't wait to see Haleys game plan unfold. Of course the execution of whatever the plan may be is where the key lies .

tube517
01-16-2016, 08:26 AM

AND IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ME, I'M GONNA TALK LOUDER AND LOUDER UNTIL I "WIN" THE DEBATE! :coffee:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/skipjohnwall.jpg

I hate both of those clowns :chuckle:

ETL
01-16-2016, 10:41 AM
Steelers win by 3 points. There - now it will happen.

Steelerschik
01-16-2016, 11:29 AM
Steelers win by 3 points. There - now it will happen.

YES! I was waiting for your prediction....I BELIEVE THAT NOW IT WILL HAPPEN!!

And for the record, I feel they can win too, but.........we'll leave it at that.

lotas
01-16-2016, 12:16 PM
24-14 Steelers

Defense steps up and scores a TD while forcing 3 turnovers.

SteelerFanInStl
01-16-2016, 12:31 PM
I like how no one is giving us a chance to win. #HereWeGo #ShockTheWorld

Craic
01-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Well, I gotta say this . . .

If this game is close, and by close I mean we're still legitimately able to win the game at some point with five minutes or less on the clock, it'd be a joke to think Tomlin wasn't a good coach. We're headed into the Second round of the playoffs with a 3rd and 4th string RB, our 1st string WR out, and an injured QB on top of all the other injuries we've had. To keep this game close, and to make it this far through the year with all the injury adversity starting in the preseason with our kicker, would say a ton of good about the coaching staff that many do not want to hear.

salamander
01-16-2016, 07:16 PM
I'm trying to be positive but even if we somehow manage to pull this off, I do not see us going into Foxboro and beating the Cheats.

polamalubeast
01-16-2016, 07:18 PM
I'm trying to be positive but even if we somehow manage to pull this off, I do not see us going into Foxboro and beating the Cheats.

One game at the time.....

86WARD
01-16-2016, 07:32 PM
One of the WRs is going to have to step up major!! I think it's got to be Wheaton at this stage.

salamander
01-16-2016, 07:37 PM
One game at the time.....

I'm just not getting my hopes up.

Psycho Ward 86
01-16-2016, 08:17 PM

with AB back and Ben hopefully a week healthier i like our chances. but yeah, unfortunately i see us dropping the broncos game. one game at a time i suppose

ALLD
01-16-2016, 08:21 PM
The Cheaters execute well and have the benefit that anybody that touches Brady gets a flag. Plus all the other little things they incorporate into the game plan from jacking with the radio to messing with the balls.

zoneblitzerII
01-16-2016, 09:27 PM
If they win it will be one of the greatest upsets of all time. I just hope they can keep it close.

NCSteeler
01-17-2016, 01:03 AM
My big concern is a well rested healthy Manning. He has a noodle arm late in seasons, BUT he has been on the shelf for quite some time, claims to feel the best he has all year. If he's on this defense will look silly with Demarius and Sanders running up and down the field.

fansince'76
01-17-2016, 01:10 AM
My big concern is a well rested healthy Manning. He has a noodle arm late in seasons, BUT he has been on the shelf for quite some time, claims to feel the best he has all year. If he's on this defense will look silly with Demarius and Sanders running up and down the field.

He started playing like crap midway through 2014. He had an entire offseason to rest after that and continued to play like crap when he came back in 2015. He played so poorly, in fact, that the locals here in Denver very vocally advocated for Osweiler to be promoted to starting QB from about week 4 onward, despite the team winning 7 in a row to start the season.

Manning's done. They'll score some points mainly because our defense (particularly the secondary) is just that bad, but if we lose tomorrow it will probably have more to do with Haley going into turtle mode with Ben being dinged up and Brown being out than anything Manning does.

86WARD
01-17-2016, 05:48 AM
Our luck he's got one more game in him...

86WARD
01-17-2016, 06:44 AM
AFC Super Bowl QB
03-04 Brady
05 Ben
06 Peyton
07 Brady
08 Ben
09 Peyton
10 Ben
11 Brady
12 Flacco
13 Peyton
14 Brady
15 Ben/Brady/Peyton

steelerkitty
01-17-2016, 06:53 AM
Good morning steeler brothers. I am new here. Just wanted to say Hi, and say even though we are hurt....we still have a chance today. And also say that the only way Denver puts up 29 points on us is if we set them up with a couple of easy scores via TO's. Otherwise no way does this denver team led by a statue in Manning score that much.
Anyway...peace to all.

polamalubeast
01-17-2016, 06:55 AM
If they win it will be one of the greatest upsets of all time. I just hope they can keep it close.

It would be a great story, but it would not be one of the greatest upset of all-time since the Broncos offense is bad.

cold-hard-steel
01-17-2016, 07:29 AM
I really have to be honest in that i don't know what to expect in this game . Noone is even giving us a snowballs chance in Hell to come out of that stadium with a win . To me that in itself is a plus . The fact that Denver is an over .500 team is another plus .We only bow to inferior teams it seems .I'm still starting Jones or Vick .I would much rather have Ben in the wings but ready when called upon,than to have him knocked out and then have to call on Jones or even Vick to come in the game mid-stride .

steelerkitty
01-17-2016, 08:25 AM
I think a couple of things...one, the version we are seeing from Shazier right now is way better then the one we saw say 8 to 10 weeks ago. And Heyward and Tuitt are both playing well also. So maybe our D won't be as bad. Also I still say that even with Mr.Media Darling Peyton Manning back....he is still less dangerous for us then facing Oswieler who at least has the mobility to avoid a quick pass rush by us. The one thing I will say is that given our current offensive situation, and that playoff teams at home usually come out more on fire on Defense...I hope IF we win the coin toss that Tomlin will finally DEFER..and play Defense first, and hopefully have Manning have to face our D-Rush early on, and hopefully force a punt, and give our offense some good early field position. Cause the last thing we need is to start on offense at the 20...have us go 3 and out, and start Denver with good field position.

NCSteeler
01-17-2016, 08:52 AM
He started playing like crap midway through 2014. He had an entire offseason to rest after that and continued to play like crap when he came back in 2015. He played so poorly, in fact, that the locals here in Denver very vocally advocated for Osweiler to be promoted to starting QB from about week 4 onward, despite the team winning 7 in a row to start the season.

Manning's done. They'll score some points mainly because our defense (particularly the secondary) is just that bad, but if we lose tomorrow it will probably have more to do with Haley going into turtle mode with Ben being dinged up and Brown being out than anything Manning does.

You don't buy into the claim that the plantar facitis started in preseason

NCSteeler
01-17-2016, 08:57 AM
Good morning steeler brothers. I am new here. Just wanted to say Hi, and say even though we are hurt....we still have a chance today. And also say that the only way Denver puts up 29 points on us is if we set them up with a couple of easy scores via TO's. Otherwise no way does this denver team led by a statue in Manning score that much.
Anyway...peace to all.

Welcome, and I'm afraid we'll be surprised by manning today

steelerkitty
01-17-2016, 09:05 AM
Welcome, and I'm afraid we'll be surprised by manning today

Thanks for the welcome sir. And as for Manning, what surprise ? I know he is still a smart guy with tons of experience who can hurt you. But he is stiill rusty, old, and can't move at all in the pocket. And has a reputation for hating to be hit. All I was saying is, lets hope we just don't sit back and let Manning have the time to pick us apart.

SteelerFanInStl
01-17-2016, 09:15 AM
I just want to see us play to win. Period. None of this sit back in a soft zone and rush 3 crap. None of this run, run, pass offense. Play aggressive and play to win.

#HereWeGo

polamalubeast
01-17-2016, 09:16 AM
I just want to see us play to win. Period. None of this sit back in a soft zone and rush 3 crap. None of this run, run, pass offense. Play aggressive and play to win.

#HereWeGo

Agree.

lotas
01-17-2016, 09:22 AM
We need Harrison/Jones, Tuitt, Heyward, and Dupree to really get a good push off the line and collapse the pocket as much as possible. I'm starting to get that gameday nervous feeling, but honestly with the low expectations placed on the Steelers coming into this game (with all the injuries) and essentially playing with nothing to lose has me feeling better and more comfortable about however the game goes.

Denver is this #1 powerhouse with one of the greatest QB's of all time at the helm with expectations as high as they get for not only Manning but the rest of the team and the organization. Honestly, I'm glad that's not us. We do so much better as the underdog, so bring it on.

steelerkitty
01-17-2016, 09:27 AM

#HereWeGo

Agree to an extent. We can't be predictable, but, I think we have to run the ball at least 25-30 times. I also think that the running style of both Toussaint and Todman are better suited for us then Deangelo Williams. I love Williams but his style is not made to run against Denvers defense.

tube517
01-20-2016, 09:38 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/steelers-vs-broncos-player-snap-counts-divisional-round-week/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Snap Counts for the divisional playoff game vs the Donkeys

ALLD
01-20-2016, 02:34 PM
You don't buy into the claim that the plantar facitis started in preseason

Is plantar facitis the clinical term for old age?

fansince'76
01-20-2016, 02:52 PM
Is plantar facitis the clinical term for old age?

"Plantar fasciitis" = code for "a well-past-his-prime noodle arm" because the sports media doesn't dare call a spade a spade when it comes to one of the NFL's golden boys.

Unfortunately, we didn't have the secondary to take advantage of all those wounded ducks he was chucking out there.

Ten bucks says he throws at least 2 INTs this Sunday...