PDA

View Full Version : News on Ben,Antonio and Williams

polamalubeast
01-09-2016, 11:06 PM
Will they play in Denver?

We will see...

Count Steeler
01-09-2016, 11:07 PM
Glad to see that Brown could walk off. That was a vicious, malacious hit. I'm sure he will take a few days to remember his name.

lipps83
01-09-2016, 11:07 PM
I think so. Really concerned about AB, I think if his concussion (if he did have one) is bad enough they keep him out for a game. I think Ben should be okay and Williams was hoping to play today so should be good for sure next week.

salamander
01-09-2016, 11:08 PM
We are SCREWED if Ben is out. There's no replacing AB.

Craic
01-09-2016, 11:13 PM
Ben put together a game winning drive (with the help of Bengal-stupidity). This is the playoffs. He'll play. His throws looked pretty good, too.

Williams. I can't believe I'm saying this, but as good as Williams has been this season, our 3rd and 4th string RBs played good enough tonight that I'm not so worried about Williams returning. Yes, he's distinctly better than them, but it's not like losing Ben or Brown now.

Which brings up Brown. Does he play next week? I think he's going to do everything possible to be ready, but there's little he can actually do to get himself cleared.

zoneblitzerII
01-09-2016, 11:15 PM
Glad to see that Brown could walk off. That was a vicious, malacious hit. I'm sure he will take a few days to remember his name.

See his eyes? He was knocked out.

polamalubeast
01-09-2016, 11:18 PM

fansince'76
01-09-2016, 11:19 PM

No shit, Sherlock.

Psycho Ward 86
01-09-2016, 11:19 PM
Ben seems TOTALLY fine. He was all smiles and didn't seem concerned about his shoulder at all after the game during interviews.

Hope I dont mislead anyone on that.

AB is the one im worried about

Craic
01-09-2016, 11:20 PM

No shit, Sherlock.

:chuckle:

Obvious man will be obvious

lipps83

Okay, so what is the criteria that causes one to miss a game? Is it just a concussion, or does the severity have something to do with it?

Shoes
Ben put together a game winning drive (with the help of Bengal-stupidity). This is the playoffs. He'll play. His throws looked pretty good, too.

Williams. I can't believe I'm saying this, but as good as Williams has been this season, our 3rd and 4th string RBs played good enough tonight that I'm not so worried about Williams returning. Yes, he's distinctly better than them, but it's not like losing Ben or Brown now.

Which brings up Brown. Does he play next week? I think he's going to do everything possible to be ready, but there's little he can actually do to get himself cleared.

I had a good feeling about Todman going into this game and Fitz did a great job. No need to draft a RB in any rounds this year.

zoneblitzerII
01-09-2016, 11:21 PM
You won't believe what Deion is saying! Holy shit!!!

polamalubeast
01-09-2016, 11:24 PM
You won't believe what Deion is saying! Holy shit!!!

What he said?

tube517
01-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Deion is defending Burfict. GTFOH Pee on

Sent from my K011 using Tapatalk

fansince'76
01-09-2016, 11:27 PM
Deion is defending Burfict.

The biggest pussy in NFL history. Figures...

Iron Steeler
01-09-2016, 11:30 PM
vONTAZE BURFICT LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

tube517
01-09-2016, 11:32 PM
The biggest pussy in NFL history. Figures...
Deebo is on now. Always worth the wait

Shoes
01-09-2016, 11:33 PM

Thats because he picked the bengals to make it to the sb. He's another stuffed shirt.

SteelerFanInStl
01-09-2016, 11:37 PM

Yea, he's trying to say that Burfict tried to avoid him. He's obviously blind because Burfict stuck his shoulder out and lined up Abs head.

tube517
01-09-2016, 11:38 PM
Thats because he picked the bengals to make it to the sb. He's another stuffed shirt.
Oh he did? Lol he is turrible

fansince'76
01-09-2016, 11:38 PM
Yea, he's trying to say that Burfict tried to avoid him. He's obviously blind because Burfict stuck his shoulder out and lived up Abs head.

That was intentional. He didn't try to avoid shit. Besides, how would he know? He avoided contact like the plague when he was a player.

lipps83
01-09-2016, 11:41 PM
That was intentional. He didn't try to avoid shit. Besides, how would he know? He avoided contact like the plague when he was a player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_M8l8ZOs4gw

86WARD
01-09-2016, 11:43 PM
Ben said in his presser that he couldn't throw the ball downfield. I doubt AB plays and I have little to no confidence that Williams will play. He's the least of the worries though. Normally, I would say they could survive not having AB, but going against the Broncos D...they'll need him. Good news is they have one extra day...

Steelman
01-10-2016, 01:35 AM
I still think Williams could have played tonight, so I believe he'll be ready for Denver. But with the emergence of Fitz and Todman, his status is mitigated.

The way AB is interacting on social media and such after the game leads me to believe he'll be fine, but there's no doubt he was out cold for a few seconds there. I'm not totally sure exactly what the process looks like for the NFL's protocol but I have a feeling he may not be able to clear it in time.

Ben's the one I'm most worried about. He said he couldn't really push it downfield, but him coming back into the game hopefully means it's nothing serious. Game time adrenaline is the best pain medication though, so he might not be feeling so chipper later this week.

Psycho Ward 86
01-10-2016, 01:49 AM
I still think Williams could have played tonight, so I believe he'll be ready for Denver. But with the emergence of Fitz and Todman, his status is mitigated.

The way AB is interacting on social media and such after the game leads me to believe he'll be fine, but there's no doubt he was out cold for a few seconds there. I'm not totally sure exactly what the process looks like for the NFL's protocol but I have a feeling he may not be able to clear it in time.

Ben's the one I'm most worried about. He said he couldn't really push it downfield, but him coming back into the game hopefully means it's nothing serious. Game time adrenaline is the best pain medication though, so he might not be feeling so chipper later this week.

i tend to agree, but for me it depends on his definition of 'couldnt really push it downfield.' As long as he can make precise throws 20 yards downfield, and if Antonio Brown is cleared for the broncos game, im cool with that. i dont expect us to be able to throw too many bombs downfield against the broncos even when healthy anyways. Same gameplan as last time is what i see happening. nothing wrong with letting our receivers work their YAC skills and throwing a reasonable amount of balls 15-20 yards downfield against the best defense in football.

And thats really encouraging that Antonio Brown seems fine after the game

steelreserve
01-10-2016, 01:51 AM
Brown got KTFO, so I have my doubts. Who knows, that can go either way.

Ben I'm more worried about. Putting him back in looked more like a desperation move than a sign that he was doing OK. He said he had trouble throwing the ball downfield ... that could be the kind of injury where you can kind of fake it in the hour or two immediately following, then it swells up and you can hardly move it for a week and a half. Not a good sign.

What concerns me almost as much is that Jones looks like he's completely regressed. He looked like dogshit out there, and he had another relief performance, either the most recent one or the one right before it, that I was also not impressed by. Midseason, I would've felt we had an OK shot at winning with him in the game as a backup, but not anymore.

fansince'76
01-10-2016, 01:56 AM
Ben I'm more worried about. Putting him back in looked more like a desperation move than a sign that he was doing OK. He said he had trouble throwing the ball downfield ... that could be the kind of injury where you can kind of fake it in the hour or two immediately following, then it swells up and you can hardly move it for a week and a half. Not a good sign.

Yep. The fact that Ben wasn't back out there earlier when Jones threw the pick told me he's hurt more than he was letting on. We were already in dire straits at that point.

What concerns me almost as much is that Jones looks like he's completely regressed. He looked like dogshit out there, and he had another relief performance, either the most recent one or the one right before it, that I was also not impressed by. Midseason, I would've felt we had an OK shot at winning with him in the game as a backup, but not anymore.

IMO, Jones didn't regress. That's just what he is. The game against the Cards was a fluke where the stars happened to align just right. A blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while. Hell, even Kordell Stewart strung enough halfway passable games together while the rest of the team was having a great year to make it to the Pro Bowl once.

Steelman
01-10-2016, 02:28 AM
Garry Dulac and others are reporting that AB is fine and will be available for Denver.

Personally I don't think you can tell for at least a day or two after the fact. Guarantee he's gonna be woozy tomorrow.

fansince'76
01-10-2016, 02:31 AM
Garry Dulac and others are reporting that AB is fine and will be available for Denver.

Personally I don't think you can tell for at least a day or two after the fact. Guarantee he's gonna be woozy tomorrow.

I'm wondering if Ben's even gonna be able to move his arm tomorrow after a night's sleep...

Steelman
01-10-2016, 02:39 AM
There are a bunch of people on Twitter claiming that Burfict didn't even really hit AB and that AB totally flopped to get the flag. :doh:

I'm wondering if Ben's even gonna be able to move his arm tomorrow after a night's sleep...

No joke. As I said earlier, that's my main concern as well. Regardless, the shoulder injury really changes the game plan next week and hampers our vertical attack. (which was oddly absent tonight, even before the injury)

86WARD
01-10-2016, 07:33 AM

I hope that's the case...he'll still have to go through all the protocol testing. But if he's truly okay, than no worries...

SteelerFanInStl
01-10-2016, 08:45 AM
There are a bunch of people on Twitter claiming that Burfict didn't even really hit AB and that AB totally flopped to get the flag. :doh:

That just shows the stupidity of a bunch of people. You don't need to be a genius to see that AB was knocked out.

ALLD
01-10-2016, 09:43 AM
Manning can't throw very far either. It will come down to turnovers and the running game. I was impressed with Fitz and Todman and don't know if it's real talent or lack of tape on them yet.

Psycho Ward 86
01-10-2016, 12:22 PM
Manning can't throw very far either. It will come down to turnovers and the running game. I was impressed with Fitz and Todman and don't know if it's real talent or lack of tape on them yet.

O-line opened up some gaping holes. Deangelo would have had 170+ scrimmage yards easily if he were healthy

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000620376/article/ben-roethlisberger-believed-to-have-sprained-ac-joint

Reports are that Ben is thought to have suffered a sprained AC joint according to Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport

SteelMayhem72
01-10-2016, 12:38 PM
O-line opened up some gaping holes. Deangelo would have had 170+ scrimmage yards easily if he were healthy

- - - Updated - - -

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000620376/article/ben-roethlisberger-believed-to-have-sprained-ac-joint

Reports are that Ben is thought to have suffered a sprained AC joint according to Albert Breer and Ian Rapoport

If thats the case I doubt he will be able to go sunday to be honest which will suck big time!

Psycho Ward 86
01-10-2016, 12:54 PM
If thats the case I doubt he will be able to go sunday to be honest which will suck big time!

it can feel a lot better after about a week as long as it doesnt need surgery. Otherwise you need well over a month. im sure with the wonders of medicine today, Ben will be able to go, especially given his reputation. Crossing my fingers

teegre
01-10-2016, 01:16 PM
BB will play if the injury doesn't affect his throwing motion. He might play regardless.

I'll take BB throwing it 5 yards (versus Jones throwing INTs).

SUMMATION:
You can't get to the next game, unless you win this one. Rest is for the regular season. Shoot BB up, and send him out there.

fansince'76
01-10-2016, 01:21 PM
BB will play if the injury doesn't affect his throwing motion. He might play regardless.

SUMMATION:
You can't get to the next game, unless you win this one. Rest is for the regular season. Shoot BB up, and send him out there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPLYwO6Iweg

hawaiiansteeler
01-10-2016, 01:22 PM
more poker games from Tomlin...:stirthepot:

Mike Tomlin doesn’t know if Ben Roethlisberger will play at Denver

PIGSKIN NEWS JANUARY 10, 2016
JON SCHLOSSER

http://frsports-bucket-0001.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/01/10071553/450m67_1509271883_Steelers_at_Rams-1000x565.jpg

Steelers’ head coach Mike Tomlin isn’t sure if he’ll have quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for next week’s playoff game, as the Steelers travel to Denver to take on the Broncos. Roethlisberger suffered a shoulder injury in last night’s game against the Bengals, on a brutal sack. He was taken off on a cart, but later returned in heroic fashion to lead the Steelers to the win.

According to Tomlin, he has “no indication” about his QB’s health. He also doesn’t know if Antonio Brown, who suffered a concussion in the game, will be able to play or not.

Roethlisberger himself was asked about his arm after the game, but he wouldn’t talk about it, just saying that the only thing that mattered was the win. While that was true last night, it’s not true this morning, as the Steelers need to know how healthy they can get before taking on the Broncos, who are sitting around on the bye week and getting healthy themselves.

Judging by last night, Roethlisberger isn’t going to let the injury keep him out of the game. He refused to stay out even when it happened. He’ll want to play against Denver and will do so if at all possible.

The real question, then, is how much he’ll be able to do. Last night, after getting hurt, he really didn’t throw the ball down the field much at all. Most of his passes were short throws and swing passes, and the Steelers even ran the ball once as the clock ran down.

Backup Landry Jones will play if Roethlisberger can’t, but he did not inspire confidence against the Bengals. He was under 50 percent—five for 11—and threw a pick that looked at the time like it cost the Steelers the game—until a fumble gave the ball back.

http://www.todayspigskin.com/pigskin-news/mike-tomlin-doesnt-know-if-ben-roethlisberger-will-play-at-denver/

teegre
01-10-2016, 01:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MPLYwO6Iweg

Once again, you post the EXACT movie to which I was alluding.

Brilliant!!!

fansince'76
01-10-2016, 01:25 PM
Once again, you post the EXACT movie to which I was alluding.

Brilliant!!!

Great minds think alike...and so do ours. :lol:

Psycho Ward 86
01-10-2016, 01:26 PM

SUMMATION:

lol its going to affect his throwing motion

teegre
01-10-2016, 01:27 PM
Great minds think alike...and so do ours. :lol:

:applaudit:

Alas... true. :doh:

Shoes
01-10-2016, 01:29 PM

True, but half a Ben is still better than a healthy Jones and Vick together.

Psycho Ward 86
01-10-2016, 01:45 PM
such a shame. i was hoping that if we make a playoff run that this would be the year that Ben really shuts everyone up about being carried by his team. its looking like that will actually have to be the case this time around. he wont be fully healed no matter how far we get if its a moderately significant sprain

smokin3000gt
01-10-2016, 01:56 PM

Pittsburgh Steelers (http://www.nfl.com/teams/pittsburghsteelers/profile?team=PIT) quarterback Ben Roethlisberger (http://www.nfl.com/player/benroethlisberger/2506109/profile) is believed to have suffered a sprained AC joint during Saturday's wild-card playoff victory (http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000620283/article/could-meltdown-at-paul-brown-spell-the-end-for-marvin-lewis) over the Cincinnati Bengals (http://www.nfl.com/teams/cincinnatibengals/profile?team=CIN), NFL Media's Albert Breer and NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported (https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/686244875373801474).
Roethlisberger underwent an MRI on his sore right shoulder Sunday and said (https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/686262621272707072) he's day to day.

teegre
01-10-2016, 02:16 PM
such a shame. i was hoping that if we make a playoff run that this would be the year that Ben really shuts everyone up about being carried by his team. its looking like that will actually have to be the case this time around. he wont be fully healed no matter how far we get if its a moderately significant sprain

Think about it this way...

BB leads his team to a 7th Lombardi WITH a shoulder injury.

THAT is the stuff that legends are made of.

86WARD
01-10-2016, 02:53 PM
It will royally suck if Ben can't go...

salamander
01-10-2016, 03:05 PM
more poker games from Tomlin...:stirthepot:

Mike Tomlin doesn’t know if Ben Roethlisberger will play at Denver

PIGSKIN NEWS JANUARY 10, 2016
JON SCHLOSSER

http://frsports-bucket-0001.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2016/01/10071553/450m67_1509271883_Steelers_at_Rams-1000x565.jpg

Steelers’ head coach Mike Tomlin isn’t sure if he’ll have quarterback Ben Roethlisberger for next week’s playoff game, as the Steelers travel to Denver to take on the Broncos. Roethlisberger suffered a shoulder injury in last night’s game against the Bengals, on a brutal sack. He was taken off on a cart, but later returned in heroic fashion to lead the Steelers to the win.

According to Tomlin, he has “no indication” about his QB’s health. He also doesn’t know if Antonio Brown, who suffered a concussion in the game, will be able to play or not.

Roethlisberger himself was asked about his arm after the game, but he wouldn’t talk about it, just saying that the only thing that mattered was the win. While that was true last night, it’s not true this morning, as the Steelers need to know how healthy they can get before taking on the Broncos, who are sitting around on the bye week and getting healthy themselves.

Judging by last night, Roethlisberger isn’t going to let the injury keep him out of the game. He refused to stay out even when it happened. He’ll want to play against Denver and will do so if at all possible.

The real question, then, is how much he’ll be able to do. Last night, after getting hurt, he really didn’t throw the ball down the field much at all. Most of his passes were short throws and swing passes, and the Steelers even ran the ball once as the clock ran down.

Backup Landry Jones will play if Roethlisberger can’t, but he did not inspire confidence against the Bengals. He was under 50 percent—five for 11—and threw a pick that looked at the time like it cost the Steelers the game—until a fumble gave the ball back.

http://www.todayspigskin.com/pigskin-news/mike-tomlin-doesnt-know-if-ben-roethlisberger-will-play-at-denver/

Cue the hippo farts and straw man theories. :chuckle:

- - - Updated - - -

But in all seriousness, this team ain't going anywhere if Ben can't play...

GoSlash27
01-10-2016, 03:15 PM
A separated shoulder is nothing to mess with. If Ben plays with it and aggravates it, it *could* ruin the remainder of his career. Is it really worth risking?

Psycho Ward 86
01-10-2016, 03:20 PM
A separated shoulder is nothing to mess with. If Ben plays with it and aggravates it, it *could* ruin the remainder of his career. Is it really worth risking?

this is heavily overlooked

fansince'76
01-10-2016, 03:26 PM

No, it isn't. Especially when we got another good look last night at who is backing him up (shudder)...

Count Steeler
01-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Start Jones and send in the relief if necessary. Let Ben set a record for most yards by a non starting QB in the playoffs.

steelerdude15
01-10-2016, 04:57 PM
I think we'll see all three play this Sunday.

polamalubeast
01-11-2016, 06:00 PM
Not Looking Good’ For Steelers RB DeAngelo Williams

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/report-not-looking-good-for-steelers-rb-deangelo-williams/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

86WARD
01-11-2016, 06:38 PM

http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/report-not-looking-good-for-steelers-rb-deangelo-williams/?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Said this two weeks ago. I don't think he'll play unless they make it to the Super Bowl...against Carolina...

polamalubeast
01-11-2016, 07:11 PM

teegre
01-11-2016, 07:13 PM

I'll take another 183 yards from scrimmage from TNT.

teegre
01-11-2016, 07:19 PM

Bryant can alleviate some of AB's absence.

But, there is no replacing BB.

GUN TO MY HEAD:
Better to have BB than AB.

hawaiiansteeler
01-11-2016, 07:28 PM
DeAngelo Williams could sit Sunday for Steelers

By Marc Sessler
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Jan. 11, 2016

DeAngelo Williams is no sure bet to suit up for the Steelers this weekend.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported that Pittsburgh's starting running back is visiting foot specialist Dr. Robert Anderson in Charlotte on Monday, per a source. It's "not looking good" for Williams to play in Sunday's AFC divisional-round tilt against the Broncos, Rapoport was told.

Williams hasn't played since injuring his foot in a Week 17 win over the Browns. In his absence, Fitzgerald Toussaint and Jordan Todman combined for 123 yards off 28 carries while wideout Martavis Bryant added another tote for 44 yards in Saturday's 18-16 wild-card win over the Bengals.

Pittsburgh has all sorts of injury issues heading into Sunday, with All-Pro wideout Antonio Brown in concussion protocol and quarterback Ben Roethlisberger battling a sprained AC joint in his throwing shoulder.

Losing Williams would hurt against Denver's active front seven, but Pittsburgh isn't ready to rule him out just yet. Stay tuned, Steelers fans.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000621155/article/deangelo-williams-could-sit-sunday-for-steelers

86WARD
01-11-2016, 07:28 PM
GUN TO MY HEAD:
Better to have BB than AB.

Agree.

My problem though is Wheaton and Bryant could be solid against a lot of teams...that may not be the case against the Broncos. VERY tall order to over come.

hawaiiansteeler
01-11-2016, 07:33 PM

oh please, AB isn't hurt at all. he was totally faking and deserves an Academy Award...:rolleyes:

teegre
01-11-2016, 07:56 PM
Agree.

My problem though is Wheaton and Bryant could be solid against a lot of teams...that may not be the case against the Broncos. VERY tall order to over come.

Oh, no doubt.

No AB against Denver's defense... is akin to facing Nolan Ryan while batting left-handed.

No BB against Demver's defense... is akin to facing Nolan Ryan while using a whiffle ball bat.

polamalubeast
01-12-2016, 10:32 AM
The loss of Brown would be as bad as the loss of Bell last year.

Antonio Brown is 40% of our passing game....

- - - Updated - - -

polamalubeast
01-12-2016, 10:43 AM

tube517
01-12-2016, 10:44 AM
oh please, AB isn't hurt at all. he was totally faking and deserves a Grammy Award...:rolleyes:

Fixed. :chuckle:

tube517
01-12-2016, 10:55 AM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/01/roethlisberger-suf/

Roethlisberger suffered sprain, torn ligaments in shoulder

Steelman
01-12-2016, 11:06 AM
Damn!

Torn ligaments = Landry time.

polamalubeast
01-12-2016, 11:13 AM

- - - Updated - - -

tube517
01-12-2016, 11:15 AM

EzraTank
01-12-2016, 11:41 AM
Without these 3 on the road against the #1 defense ... not looking very hopeful.

I'm just praying we can get everything healthy for next season, make our defense a little better and take another shot at it.

86WARD
01-12-2016, 11:45 AM
Without the trio, they have no chance which is good for my stress level...it should keep low all game with the expectations being non-existent.

polamalubeast
01-12-2016, 11:49 AM
I think Roethlisberger will play.I'm not sure for Brown, but he has a chance.

But even with Brown and Ben,Manning need to be bad to win this game who is very possible.

lotas
01-12-2016, 11:58 AM
It really frustrates me that of all of the hundreds of players the Steelers were on the field with this year, and the hundreds of snaps and plays that were executed all year, and one god damn asshole (Burfict) is responsible for taking out our three greatest offensive assets in our young star running back (who was just taken out by his teammate Nelson less than a year before) , our star receiver (malicious ass hit), and our franchise QB (grinding his knee into Ben's shoulder after driving him hard down on it).

I hope this guy gets into trouble in the off season and is out of the league next year. He's a great athlete but he cannot control himself in a highly emotionally intense and aggressive situation, he is a true danger to everyone on the field not wearing orange and black. He's a danger to the Bengals organization, and ultimately what could be a great football player becomes an unfortunate disgrace.

And I wouldn't be surprised if Ben and Brown both play Sunday, and that's cool but I won't be disappointed if not. I'm already satisfied with this season after this last week and I think this team has done just about the best it could with the given situation at any time. This season has had memorable moments and if it comes to an end in Denver it still resulted in progress (winning a playoff game), helped build resilience (for players and coaches), and helped the team gel and really solidify their roles and the overall synergy of the 3 teams.

polamalubeast
01-12-2016, 02:52 PM
Steelers confident Roethlisberger, Brown will be ready for Broncos

http://www.observer-reporter.com/20160112/steelers_confident_roethlisberger_brown_will_be_re ady_for_broncos

tube517
01-12-2016, 02:56 PM
Way too much 007 stuff with all the injury reports and poker hands.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

86WARD
01-12-2016, 03:37 PM
Way too much 007 stuff with all the injury reports and poker hands.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

It's not your normal black jack table...seems like they've added a couple decks

Psycho Ward 86
01-12-2016, 05:13 PM
Tomlin is poised to become the most hated man in Pittsburgh if Ben ends up having a career threatening (re)injury during this game

Geechie
01-12-2016, 06:48 PM

Denver defense is better than the Bengals .I rather have D Williams as our experience running back

Sent from my SM-N915P using Tapatalk

polamalubeast
01-13-2016, 08:44 AM

polamalubeast
01-13-2016, 02:54 PM
Martavis Bryant: Antonio Brown Will Be Ready To Play

If you watched the Wild Card playoff game between the Bengals and Steelers this past Saturday, you may have come away from that contest thinking those two franchises hate each other.

Well, that’s because they do.

“We don’t like them, and they don’t like us,” Steelers wide receiver Martavis Bryant said on CBS Sports Radio’s Tiki and Tierney. “It’s always been a big rivalry, and now some dudes just take it to the extremes. There’s a lot of chippiness going on, like dirty plays and everything. So you’ll want to bring your A-game and make sure you’re on point so you won’t get hurt.”

Ben Roethlisberger and Antonio Brown, however, did get hurt in the 18-16 victory. Big Ben sprained his AC joint and tore ligaments in his throwing shoulder, while Brown was concussed by a vicious hit courtesy of Vontaze Burfict.

Bryant expects both to be available this Sunday in Denver.

“Everyone should be ready to play,” Bryant said. “I haven’t heard anyone say they was going to be out. I just saw AB yesterday. He’s fine, walking around like normal like he usually do. Everyone will be ready to go this weekend.”

read more

http://tikiandtierney.radio.cbssports.com/2016/01/13/martavis-bryant-antonio-brown-will-be-ready-to-play/

86WARD
01-13-2016, 04:25 PM
Get that man a public speaking class or two...

86WARD
01-13-2016, 08:55 PM
Reports out there that AB is feeling concussion type symptoms still...

Count Steeler
01-13-2016, 08:55 PM
Reports out there that AB is feeling concussion type symptoms still...

Faker.

fansince'76
01-13-2016, 08:57 PM
Tomlin is poised to become the most hated man in Pittsburgh if Ben ends up having a career threatening (re)injury during this game

It's not like he gets much love anyway...

Edman
01-13-2016, 09:19 PM

Tomlin is poised to become the most hated man in Pittsburgh if he sits Ben, starts Landry, and he stinks the joint up.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

salamander
01-13-2016, 09:21 PM
I literally give us zero chance to win in Denver if both Ben and AB are out. Even if Ben can play, he won't be anywhere near 100%, which concerns me just as much.

katmandu
01-13-2016, 10:59 PM
Reports out there that AB is feeling concussion type symptoms still...What reports ?

Count Steeler
01-14-2016, 05:06 AM
Put in Landry Jones and let Ben design the plays.

lotas
01-14-2016, 06:38 AM
I literally give us zero chance to win in Denver if both Ben and AB are out. Even if Ben can play, he won't be anywhere near 100%, which concerns me just as much.
Zero chance? C'mon now, have faith. Did you also give us "zero chance" to beat the thriving Cardinals with Landry Jones at the helm?

Our defense has the ability to step up and help take the load off our offense. I don't care who is out there for us, we've seen all season that guys will step up and help the team win.

Denver doesn't scare me as much as Cincinnati. Mile High Stadium does, but not the Denver team. I'm happy Manning is starting.

86WARD
01-14-2016, 08:19 AM
What reports ?

There are reports that he's told at least one teammate that he still has some lingering effects.

polamalubeast
01-14-2016, 01:40 PM

tube517
01-14-2016, 02:08 PM
Ben:

Antonio:

This lady is a surgeon who contributes articles to Steelers Depot.

polamalubeast
01-14-2016, 02:29 PM

Steeldude
01-14-2016, 02:33 PM
Get that man a public speaking class or two...

Amazing isn't it. Elementary school, junior high, high school then college and they struggle with simple English.

Psycho Ward 86
01-14-2016, 03:13 PM
Ben:

Antonio:

This lady is a surgeon who contributes articles to Steelers Depot.

did Ben have a similiar injury back then? when and what was it, anyone know?

tube517
01-14-2016, 03:47 PM
did Ben have a similiar injury back then? when and what was it, anyone know?

According to the twitter feed between her and Steelers Depot, I think he suffered a shoulder injury in 2008 vs the Texans

Leftwich finished that game and took over in the 4th quarter. I really cannot remember how serious that one was, though.

http://old.post-gazette.com/pg/08256/911635-66.stm?cmpid=sports.xml

Rotorhead
01-14-2016, 04:24 PM
Well at least he has been through this before, gives him an idea of where he is and how healthy he will be just from past experience. Crossing my fingers we will have everyone playing!

polamalubeast
01-14-2016, 06:10 PM

Psycho Ward 86
01-14-2016, 06:30 PM

how does concussion protocol work?

86WARD
01-14-2016, 06:54 PM
how does concussion protocol work?

This is what I have read:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CYuN0ieUkAArTz_.png

http://i.imgur.com/qJwQeqT.png

Edman
01-15-2016, 08:33 AM
Antonio Brown OUT versus Denver.

Welp, it's time a Cedrick Wilson to emerge.

tube517
01-15-2016, 08:38 AM