PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs Bengals: Breakdown, matchups and prediction

LLT
01-09-2016, 09:17 AM
Steelers vs Bengals: Breakdown, Matchups and Prediction
by Perry Biggerstaff
www.stillcurtain.com
01/09/16

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/58/files/2016/01/ben-roethlisberger-nfl-pittsburgh-steelers-cincinnati-bengals-2-590x900.jpg

The Pittsburgh Steelers have overcome injuries, suspensions, and a leaky defensive secondary to land a coveted spot among the twelve teams who will play in the post season. It wasn’t that long ago that one of the Steelers players said that all he wanted for Christmas was to play the Bengals in the playoffs. Well, Santa has delivered and now its time for Pittsburgh to produce.

Breakdown

The Steelers finished the regular season with the 3rd ranked offense. What makes this ranking so remarkable is that key players missed significant time due to injury or suspension throughout the year. Beyond a doubt, Pittsburgh would be the #1 ranked offense in the league if they could have made it through the season unscathed.

Individually, the Bengals will be facing Ben Roethlisberger, who led all quarterbacks with 328.2 passing yards a game. On the bonus end of those passes is arguably the top wide receiver trio in the NFL. Antonio Brown continues to impress, tying for first in receptions with 136 on the year and totaling 1,834 yards even without Ben at the helm for several games.

Martavis Bryant is spectacular when he turns on the switch, but had to be called out for a perceived lack of effort over the last two games. Markus Wheaton is the third receiver and does everything right. He knows his role and is more than willing to put up huge numbers if underestimated.

On the ground, the Steelers lost Le’Veon Bell early in the season but veteran running back DeAngelo Williams has filled in very well. Unfortunately, Williams is ruled out for the game. Pittsburgh now must go into this game with two relatively untested backups.

Read more @http://stillcurtain.com/2016/01/09/steelers-vs-bengals-breakdown-matchups-prediction-3/

zulater
01-09-2016, 09:36 AM
If you reversed the qb's in this game how many points would the Bengals be favored by? I would say at least 8.

With DeAngelo out I think Ben has too big of hill to climb.

LLT
01-09-2016, 09:40 AM
If you reversed the qb's in this game how many points would the Bengals be favored by? I would say at least 8.

With DeAngelo out I think Ben has too big of hill to climb.

I think having the Veteran QB on our side is exactly what makes this our game to win. All Fitz has to do is keep the defense honest and I think we see Ben spreading the ball out and keeping them off balance.

Shoes
01-09-2016, 10:41 AM
I think having the Veteran QB on our side is exactly what makes this our game to win. All Fitz has to do is keep the defense honest and I think we see Ben spreading the ball out and keeping them off balance.

That's how I see it also. I'll take a focused Ben and our wideouts with Miller any day. If the O-line opens some holes, I think Fitz & Todman will suffice, they too will be playing hard for their livelihood. I like Todman and hope he gets his share of touches. He's good receiver, kick returner and has broken quite a few long runs for TD's in the past. My only concern is our secondary, but we beat this team with this same secondary before. Maybe Blake will get the Shi*s before the game. The D steps it up, stops the run and gets pressure on the QB we win.