PDA

View Full Version : Brown, DeCastro named AP All-Pro

polamalubeast
01-08-2016, 12:17 PM
WR Antonio Brown and G David DeCastro are first-team Associated Press All-Pro selections.

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Brown-DeCastro-named-AP-All-Pro/75c60cd8-2a03-4424-bbdf-fc3284fe759b?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

steelreserve
01-08-2016, 12:36 PM
Nice ... Brown was a no-doubter, and DeCastro maybe a bit of a pleasant surprise. Good to see some recognition for those guys' work.

On the other hand ... shit. That means DeCastro's contract may have just gone up from $X,XXX,XXX a year to $XX,XXX,XXX. Only natural he'd want to be the highest-paid guard in the league, since that's the award he won.

86WARD
01-08-2016, 02:25 PM
Both well deserved. A little surprised that DeCastro made it, but not because of talent but thought he'd be overlooked.

Count Steeler
01-08-2016, 02:30 PM
Congrats to David and Antonio. Well deserved.

Psycho Ward 86
01-08-2016, 02:41 PM
happy for both. not sure if Decastro warranted 1st team All-Pro honors. really not happy about what that'll do for contract talks but i guess we were going to have to break the bank for him anyways. its looking more and more like we're going to have to let Kelvin Beachum go

tube517
01-08-2016, 02:53 PM
One voter didn't vote for AB...:thumbdown::flipoff::flipoff:

43Hitman
01-08-2016, 07:34 PM
happy for both. not sure if Decastro warranted 1st team All-Pro honors. really not happy about what that'll do for contract talks but i guess we were going to have to break the bank for him anyways. its looking more and more like we're going to have to let Kelvin Beachum go
I'm fine with that. Vilenueva has filled in nicely and another off season of training can only help him.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

86WARD
01-08-2016, 07:43 PM
One voter didn't vote for AB...:thumbdown::flipoff::flipoff:

Curious who that was...I'd like to see the list of voters to guess which one didn't...

polamalubeast
01-08-2016, 07:48 PM

86WARD
01-08-2016, 08:02 PM
Domowitch has always been an idiot. He's also the idiot who said Gruden was hot for the Eagles job...before Gruden came out and said he had no interest in the job...

He put Fitzgerald in over AB because Fitzgerald "will be a Hall of Famer." lol. This is what is wrong with the process...these dopey writers don't get the concept.

polamalubeast
01-08-2016, 08:07 PM
Domowitch has always been an idiot. He's also the idiot who said Gruden was hot for the Eagles job...before Gruden came out and said he had no interest in the job...

He put Fitzgerald in over AB because Fitzgerald "will be a Hall of Famer." lol. This is what is wrong with the process...these dopey writers don't get the concept.

3 idiots did not vote for Ken Griffey Jr. for the HOF in the MLB too ....

86WARD
01-08-2016, 08:26 PM
3 idiots did not vote for Ken Griffey Jr. for the HOF in the MLB too ....

Domobitch one of those?

Funny that Curt Schilling still didn't make it.

st33lersguy
01-08-2016, 09:47 PM
Both well deserved. Congrats

teegre
01-09-2016, 09:00 AM

You're looking at it all wrong...

AB's 1,834 receiving yards was only 4th all time.

AB's 136 receptions was only 2nd all time.

If you're not first, you're last.

fansince'76
01-09-2016, 10:11 AM

Same deal with the Pro Bowl - some simply don't get that it's not a lifetime achievement award. And a few more seasons like the last couple and AB will be a sure-fire HoFer as well.

zulater
01-09-2016, 05:48 PM
Same deal with the Pro Bowl - some simply don't get that it's not a lifetime achievement award. And a few more seasons like the last couple and AB will be a sure-fire HoFer as well.

I'm ok with the lifetime achievement award for the Pro Bowl. That's just an exhibition game that has no real relevance. If the fans want to see a washed up has-been no big deal. But being All Pro matters. That means you were the best of your position in the NFL for that year. Voters who play around with MVP and All Pro votes need to be held accountable imo. If they can't provide a logical argument to support their vote, or if their vote was fueled by personal agenda then they should be removed from the process.

fansince'76
01-09-2016, 05:52 PM
I'm ok with the lifetime achievement award for the Pro Bowl.

I would be if the number of Pro Bowls a player makes still didn't weigh so heavily in the HoF induction process.

zulater
01-09-2016, 06:06 PM
I would be if the number of Pro Bowls a player makes still didn't weigh so heavily in the HoF induction process.

You're right. And that's kind of crazy. :lol: A list of recent qb's who were Pro Bowl participants would give you a good laugh. Nick Foles, Matt Shaub, and Matt Cassell have allbeen recent Pro Bowl qb's! :chuckle: You can;t make this shit up!
:ch

Psycho Ward 86
01-09-2016, 09:17 PM
You're right. And that's kind of crazy. :lol: A list of recent qb's who were Pro Bowl participants would give you a good laugh. Nick Foles, Matt Shaub, and Matt Cassell have allbeen recent Pro Bowl qb's! :chuckle: You can;t make this shit up!
:ch

david garrard, derek anderson