PDA

View Full Version : Dalton Out vs. Steelers

polamalubeast
01-05-2016, 12:58 PM

Rotorhead
01-05-2016, 01:10 PM
Well there is one plus for us so far, although with the rust Dalton would have had, probably woudn't matter either way. Now we just need to focus on stopping the run and daring McCarron to beat us.

polamalubeast
01-05-2016, 01:14 PM
Stats of A.J. McCarron for each game

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/M/McCaA.00/gamelog/2015/

Count Steeler
01-05-2016, 04:34 PM
I'd rather be facing Dalton. McCarron is a winner. Hope he doesn't mature this week, but this give the Bengals a better chance at winning.

Rotorhead
01-05-2016, 05:22 PM
I don't think so, if we get some pressure on him, he will turn into a backup. If we use the second half Bronco defensive gameplan on AJ and he will fold. If we disrupt the easy stuff, take away his first reads and slow his second read he will not be effective. If we stop the run and make AJ beat us, we will win this game on the defensive side of the ball. If our offense plays mistake free and take what is given (ie alot of Wheaton and Heath) we win this game.

Count Steeler
01-05-2016, 05:29 PM
I don't think so, if we get some pressure on him, he will turn into a backup. If we use the second half Bronco defensive gameplan on AJ and he will fold. If we disrupt the easy stuff, take away his first reads and slow his second read he will not be effective. If we stop the run and make AJ beat us, we will win this game on the defensive side of the ball. If our offense plays mistake free and take what is given (ie alot of Wheaton and Heath) we win this game.

How about we borrow the Broncos secondary as well? I'm hoping Butler is a little more adaptive than LeBeau was in Denver against Tebow.

tube517
01-05-2016, 05:49 PM
How about we borrow the Broncos secondary as well? I'm hoping Butler is a little more adaptive than LeBeau was in Denver against Tebow.

I hope Butler unleashes........

zulater
01-05-2016, 05:58 PM
I think the Steelers losing DeAngelo Williams is a lot more significant loss to us than the Bengals loss of Daulton is to them. The drop off between Opey and McCarron is negligible. Williams does so many things well for this offense. He picks up blitzes as well as any rb in the league. He's progressed as a pass catcher to the point that he's well above average in that area as well. And of course he's turned out to be a damn good rb, with a tremendous nose for the end zone in close.

Anyway if I could appeal to the sports Gods and if they granted us a healthy DeAngeloI would gladly have them oblige the Bengals with a healthy Daulton as well.

Mojouw
01-05-2016, 06:01 PM
He'll probably throw for 465 yards or so. Butler will put Blake in single coverage with no safety help on AJ Green and Will Allen will be tasked with hauling his creaky old ass around after Tyler Eifert. But the Steelers hold Sanu and Jones in check! Gio Bernard chips in with about 280 yards from scrimmage.

All kidding aside, they can actually win this game if they just don't attempt to do stupid things.

- - - Updated - - -

I think the Steelers losing DeAngelo Williams is a lot more significant loss to us than the Bengals loss of Daulton is to them. The drop off between Opey and McCarron is negligible. Williams does so many things well for this offense. He picks up blitzes as well as any rb in the league. He's progressed as a pass catcher to the point that he's well above average in that area as well. And of course he's turned out to be a damn good rb, with a tremendous nose for the end zone in close.

Anyway if I could appeal to the sports Gods and if they granted us a healthy DeAngeloI would gladly have them oblige the Bengals with a healthy Daulton as well.

- - - Updated - - -

All I could think of when I read your post was that it would ALL still be true if we were talking about Darren "Dutch" Daulton:

https://shlabotnikreport.files.wordpress.com/2013/06/1995-donruss-top-of-the-order-darren-daulton.jpg

fansince'76
01-05-2016, 06:05 PM

He's already shown he is. Speaking of the Broncos, instead of continuing to give massive cushions and let Osweiler play catch with his WRs to the tune of 4 TDs in 4 consecutive possessions in the first half, he switched to press coverage and the Broncos scored a big fat goose egg in the second half. He didn't continue to stick to what clearly wasn't working (as LeBeau did so many times in recent years).

st33lersguy
01-05-2016, 08:23 PM
Not putting Burntwon one-on-one against AJ will help as well

NCSteeler
01-05-2016, 09:33 PM

As bad as our secondary is you are right , they have to make Mr. K Webb beat us. We lost to a lousy Mallet, mostly because we could not stop the run which in turn makes our bad secondary god awful

B&GFever
01-05-2016, 09:58 PM
Well there is one plus for us so far, although with the rust Dalton would have had, probably woudn't matter either way. Now we just need to focus on stopping the run and daring McCarron to beat us.

I would rather face Dalton , McCarron is a better QB

salamander
01-06-2016, 05:59 AM
I would have rather faced Dalton, personally.

teegre
01-06-2016, 06:32 AM
It doesn't matter who Cincy's QB is.

This game hinges on BB. If he is on, there is no way that either QB could keep pace with him.

polamalubeast
01-06-2016, 06:33 AM
Dalton is so underrated in this forum right now(for this year).

86WARD
01-06-2016, 06:42 AM

I agree. The guy was playing extremely well, as in MVP well. However, as far as this game goes, I think the Steelers as a whole compared to the Bengals as a whole are evenly matched after the loss of Williams. Before the loss, the Steelers were the better team on paper...but the Bengals weren't far behind. It's going to come down to the QB play and I'd take Ben over McCarron every time...lol.

teegre
01-06-2016, 06:49 AM
Here is the key to this game (and every playoff game thereafter):

1. Steelers score TDs early.
2. The other team won't be able to keep pace, and thus, becomes one-dimensional.

It really has nothing to do with the other team. No QB left in the playoffs can keep pace with BB, especially if the Steelers get an early lead. Pittsburgh's secondary might give up 400 yards and maybe even 25 points, but if BB is scoring TDs on 60% of his drives (specifically the early drives), it won't matter how many points Pittsburgh's secondary gives up... because, again, no other team can score like the Steelers can.

tube517
01-06-2016, 07:53 AM

Until he proves he can win a significant game, he won't get much respect from anyone let alone this forum.

lipps83
01-06-2016, 09:06 AM
I don't think Dalton is underrated, I don't think Dalton is as good as McCarron. I would much rather play Dalton, McCarron can be a good QB in this league and was a steal for the Bengals.

Plus, OMG, have you seen his wife. That dude is living the dream.

EzraTank
01-06-2016, 11:19 AM
I'd rather be facing Dalton. McCarron is a winner. Hope he doesn't mature this week, but this give the Bengals a better chance at winning.

I'm with you on this. I think McCarron is going to be a better QB than Dalton in the end. Since taking over McCarron has 14 TD and 2 INT. In that same time frame Ben has 6 TD and 7 INT. Yikes.

And McCarron's 2 INT's came in the game against us when he went in cold with no reps in practice. Since that game against us no INT's!

polamalubeast
01-06-2016, 11:32 AM
I'm with you on this. I think McCarron is going to be a better QB than Dalton in the end. Since taking over McCarron has 14 TD and 2 INT. In that same time frame Ben has 6 TD and 7 INT. Yikes.

And McCarron's 2 INT's came in the game against us when he went in cold with no reps in practice. Since that game against us no INT's!

Firstly McCarron has 6 TD pass, not 14...

Secondly the bengals are much less explosive with McCarron.Just looking at his YPA of Dalton and McCarron.The Bengals have less than 300 yards of offense in the last three games with McCarron as QB.

It happens only two times in 11 games with Dalton.If you think McCarron is better than Dalton, you are crazy.McCarron can beat us, but the the Bengals are a better team with a healthy Dalton and it's not even close, especially that this year this is a different Andy Dalton.

Mojouw
01-06-2016, 11:51 AM
There is no universe where McCarron is a better QB than Dalton. The biggest and best hope the Steelers have this weekend is to get an early lead. This forces the inexperienced McCarron to throw. Hopefully Butler can bait him into some mistakes against looks he hasn't seen before.

tube517
01-06-2016, 01:47 PM
McCarron may look good in 3 regular season games but the playoffs are a different story. I just hope Butler brings the heat and makes him panic. Not saying he will be an automatic flop but he hasn't faced playoff pressure yet.

steel striker
01-06-2016, 02:36 PM
Also since this is first playoff game hopefully thr steelers will bring pressure force him into some mistakes.