PDA

View Full Version : TPOP: The Steelers and Bills have me ADD!!!

teegre
01-05-2016, 06:41 AM
Here is my latest article from The Point of Pittsburgh. I think that many of you will be able to empathize.

The Steelers and Bills Gave Me ADD!!!
by Tiger Rowan

It all started with a coffee.

Normally, I am a “black coffee” type of person. No cream, no sugar… just liquid alertness. More importantly, I only really drink coffee when my kids have kept me up all night. On Sunday, my kids actually slept in until 6:30… which meant that I got to sleep in until 6:30. (NOTE: How sad is it that 6:30 is considered “sleeping in”?) To make a long story short, even though my energy level was already high due to sleeping in, the coffee shop near my parents’ house has a mocha that is simply amazing.

As I sipped on the warm, chocolaty goodness, I asked my dad if we could stream the Jets-Bills game on his iPad. He happily obliged my request, that way I could enjoy the Steelers-Browns game on the big screen, while cheering on the Bills on the small screen.

Read more:
http://www.thepointofpittsburgh.com/the-steelers-and-bills-gave-me-a-d-d/

Feel free to send this article to anyone who you think might enjoy. Or, send it everyone. All at once.

lotas
01-05-2016, 08:29 AM
Good read, Tiger :) My experience was similar, minus the text updates back and forth. I was streaming the Steelers game and watching the Jets/Bills play by play on NFL.com.

I sat there for several minutes around the 2-minute warning waiting for my poor internet connection to update the game, hoping to god the score would hold out, but essentially waiting for the Jets TD in the last two minutes to falter our hopes of the playoffs.

Then I heard it -- I heard it from the Steelers fans in the Cleveland stadium BEFORE my internet/computer even updated the final score of the Bills/Jets.

That roar of the crowd-- as the analysts announced Buffalo had defeated NY-- was one of those great moments as a Steeler fan, it was something very special, like the stars were aligning for us this year finally and I hope to god it's not an isolated moment that will be remembered with the season forgotten if we lose in the playoffs, but hopefully it's just one moment tied to a string of moments in a special year culminating with another Lombardi.

steelreserve
01-05-2016, 10:51 AM
From the sound of it, you probably should've saved yourself some time by skipping that coffee-and-adrenaline bullshit and going straight to crystal meth.

teegre
01-05-2016, 02:14 PM
That roar of the crowd-- as the analysts announced Buffalo had defeated NY-- was one of those great moments as a Steeler fan, it was something very special, like the stars were aligning for us this year finally and I hope to god it's not an isolated moment that will be remembered with the season forgotten if we lose in the playoffs, but hopefully it's just one moment tied to a string of moments in a special year culminating with another Lombardi.

Spot on.

It might just be an isolated moment, but is sure feels like the "Bettis trucking Urlacher" moment from 2005.

teegre
01-05-2016, 02:25 PM
From the sound of it, you probably should've saved yourself some time by skipping that coffee-and-adrenaline bullshit and going straight to crystal meth.

Whenever someone knocks on our front door, I taught my four-year old daughter to say: "I'm the one who knocks."

My wife hates it. :lol:

Count Steeler
01-05-2016, 04:28 PM
Nice job teegre. Probably half of Steeler Nation was in a similar predicament.

tube517
01-05-2016, 04:37 PM
My outburst of joy was so explosive and loud, that it made my eighteen-month old son drop his Hot Wheel car and run crying to his mom. Sorry, son… some day, you will understand.

:lol: I do the same thing to my 8 year old son. Sometimes, startling him (w/my screaming) even if he's in another room. Meanwhile, I'm Tiger Woods fist pumping and Tomlin pointing at the TV.

Good article.

teegre
01-05-2016, 06:36 PM
:lol: I do the same thing to my 8 year old son. Sometimes, startling him (w/my screaming) even if he's in another room. Meanwhile, I'm Tiger Woods fist pumping and Tomlin pointing at the TV.

Good article.

:nod:

Back in the 2010 season, when my wife was pregnant with my daughter, I hadn't yet feel my daughter kick. My wife kept putting my hand on her belly... to no avail.

Then, Troy got an INT, and I erupted.... which startled my daughter, who kicked hard enough for me to feel.

Born2Steel
01-05-2016, 07:29 PM
Recent seasons have had that "we can make it but need help" factor. And they have all been close. Was it last season or the one before when we need like 6-8 things to happen, and they all happened, then KC missed a gimme FG..... But this season it worked out.

If only we had Legarrett Blount.....:sorry:

teegre
01-06-2016, 06:55 AM
Recent seasons have had that "we can make it but need help" factor. And they have all been close. Was it last season or the one before when we need like 6-8 things to happen, and they all happened, then KC missed a gimme FG..... But this season it worked out.

When we were over at SF, I wrote an editorial about that KC-SD game, entitled: "A House Divided."

It detailed how my wife (a Chargers fan) and me (a Steelers fan) were rooting for different outcomes. I don't remember what it exactly said (the site and all of the editorials are gone), but I'm pretty sure that it was funny. :lol:

[NOTE: My wife watches every Steelers game with me, but has barely watched any Chargers games. Yep... she's now a Steelers fan. As soon as the Bolts move, it will be 100% official.]