PDA

View Full Version : On the Steelers: Dixon winner of QB derby

stillers4me
09-07-2010, 01:19 AM
Coach Tomlin picks youth over experience for suspended Roethlisberger's spot at QB, says 'whole playbook' will be available

Tuesday, September 07, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/201009/20100907_steele2_160.jpg
Peter Diana/Post-Gazette
Quarterback Dennis Dixon will start Sunday against the Falcons at Heinz Field.

Dennis Dixon will start the season at quarterback for the Steelers, but it might be sooner rather than later that injured Byron Leftwich can play again.
Coach Mike Tomlin revealed his choice of quarterbacks -- which came after a good internal debate with his staff -- following a Monday practice in which Dixon took all the snaps with the first team and Charlie Batch conducted the second offense.
Watching from the sideline was Leftwich, who departed in the second quarter of the final preseason game Thursday with a second-degree sprain of the MCL in his left knee. That injury took him out of the job of starting at quarterback while Ben Roethlisberger serves his NFL suspension the first four games. The prognosis the day after Leftwich's injury was he would miss two to four weeks, but it might not sideline him much longer............................................

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10250/1085591-66.stm#ixzz0yp1TkXt0

SirHulka
09-07-2010, 01:59 AM
I wouldn't exactly call him the winner. More like the survivor.

solardave
09-07-2010, 02:29 AM
He is the clear choice between him and Charlie. Nothing against Batch but Dixon gives us mobility. I just hope he doesn't try to force throws.

cold-hard-steel
09-07-2010, 07:19 AM
Well,i'm not convinced it's the right decision,but i have to go on being a fan anyway.Youth does not duplicate experience.Sometimes it comes back and bites you in the azz.I wish him the best of luck.I never had anything against him,but the fact i think he needed more exposure to the game.We shall see,and i hope i am proved wrong,but the opener is a must win game in my opinion.I'm still not changing my sig till i see Dixon take that first snap.

Dino 6 Rings
09-07-2010, 10:07 AM
Ok, here is all he has to do. Hand off the ball then...once in a while, throw the ball Really Really really really really really deep to Wallace.

And chuck it to Hines about 5 times, for 4 completions, 48 yards and 3 First Downs. Oh and throw it to Miller 3 times, for 2 first downs, 15 yards and 1 TD.

then hand it off some more, then chuck it, really really really really deep to Wallace.

note to the QBs on the Roster, STOP UNDER THROWING WALLACE, HE WILL BE OPEN REALLY DEEP!!!

sigh...anyway, just focus on the falcons, don't make mistakes, be smart with the ball, don't force throws, run if its open, slide, don't go head first if a hit is coming, and the defense will keep us in the game. That is their job.