PDA

View Full Version : 3 Reasons why the Ravens Loss was a good thing

ETL
01-03-2016, 10:20 PM
1. It didn't affect the Steelers playoffs or seeding in any way.

2. The Ravens have one more win and therefore will draft a few places lower

3. Most importantly, The Steelers have much less pressure and expectation on them because of the Ravens loss. If the Steelers did not lose - they would be riding a 5 game winning streak and talk of them being the team that no one wants to play would be rampant. Hell, with the Pats losing today, they may even have named the Steelers the AFC favorites if they didn't lose to the Ravens. This team plays better when little is expected of them. And after losing to a backup nobody like Ryan Mallet already - expectations are low for them to beat McCarron in Cincy. This is just how this team likes it. They are playing with house money now - and ironically, I think they are more dangerous this way than if they beat the Ravens.

86WARD
01-03-2016, 10:23 PM
So who are the AFC favorites? The Pats who lost 4 of their last 6? The Chiefs riding a 10 game win streak? The Steelers "high powered" offense? The Peyton Manning led Broncos? That team from Houston? Or the Bungles?

polamalubeast
01-03-2016, 10:25 PM
Maybe but I would want to see the Steelers win even when they are the favorite...The offseason would have been very long for the Steelers if the Jets would win.

fansince'76
01-03-2016, 10:26 PM
They got a belated Xmas gift from Buffalo. I sincerely hope they take advantage of it.

ETL
01-03-2016, 10:26 PM
So who are the AFC favorites? The Pats who lost 4 of their last 6? The Chiefs riding a 10 game win streak? The Steelers "high powered" offense? The Peyton Manning led Broncos? That team from Houston? Or the Bungles?

I would say Denver because they have a defense and home field advantage. That is huge in the playoffs

polamalubeast
01-03-2016, 10:27 PM

Each team in the AFC are beatable...The 3 best teams in the NFL right now are in the NFC.

steelreserve
01-03-2016, 10:36 PM
I'd have rather they won the damn game, and then maybe this week we would've rested the starters some and we'd have a decent running back available for next week.

fansince'76
01-03-2016, 10:38 PM
I'd have rather they won the damn game, and then maybe this week we would've rested the starters some and we'd have a decent running back available for next week.

They couldn't really have afforded to rest starters much today had they won last week either. The only thing that would have changed was that they wouldn't have had to depend on Buffalo today, but they would have still had to take care of business and beat the Browns regardless. The Buffalo game was very much in doubt until about 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter of our game.

ETL
01-03-2016, 10:40 PM

huh? Even if we won - we would not have clinched a playoff spot because the Jets beat the Pats. as far as I know, you don't rest your starters unless you clinch. (And even then, it's debatable whether resting them is the best thing)

steelreserve
01-03-2016, 10:45 PM
huh? Even if we won - we would not have clinched a playoff spot because the Jets beat the Pats. as far as I know, you don't rest your starters unless you clinch. (And even then, it's debatable whether resting them is the best thing)

Oh yeah. I was thinking about how the KC win prevented us from catching them, but even that wouldn't have been a done deal if we'd won. I had everything completely messed up.

tube517
01-03-2016, 10:48 PM
Believe me, I wish we could have beaten the Ravens. But, we won the games we should have lost (at Bungles, vs Donkeys) and lost the game we should have won (at Ratbirds) during this stretch. This team is helter skelter schizophrenic.

Now, sit Blake's ass and let's whip some Burrfukkd Paper Tiger Bungles.

ETL
01-03-2016, 11:00 PM
On a side note - 11 of the last 12 Super Bowls have had either Roethlisberger, Manning or Brady represent the AFC. Those 3 names are back in the playoffs ... again. It's amazing the impact that these three QBs have had on the AFC. It's made other AFC teams almost obsolete.

- - - Updated - - -

On a side note - 11 of the last 12 Super Bowls have had either Roethlisberger, Manning or Brady represent the AFC. Those 3 names are back in the playoffs ... again. It's amazing the impact that these three QBs have had on the AFC. It's made other AFC teams almost obsolete.

- - - Updated - - -

Believe me, I wish we could have beaten the Ravens.

i agree. But sometimes you lose a battle and win the war.

If the Steelers win the SB - I want to be able to thank the Ravens and their fans for making that happen

Butch
01-04-2016, 04:30 AM
We are very very lucky the bills won. The Jets had a sure touchdown with 17 seconds to go if the defender does not knock the ball out of their receivers hands.

As I have always said..."I would rather be lucky than good, if you are lucky you don't have to be good."

Steeldude
01-04-2016, 04:47 AM

The Patriots.

stillers4me
01-04-2016, 05:29 AM
This thread....http://www.llanguages.com/uploads/1/2/7/6/12769427/7056392.jpg

fansince'76
01-04-2016, 06:32 AM
We are very very lucky the bills won. The Jets had a sure touchdown with 17 seconds to go if the defender does not knock the ball out of their receivers hands.

As I have always said..."I would rather be lucky than good, if you are lucky you don't have to be good."

Oh well. If AB's TD catch in the Ravens game was ruled correctly (http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/12/video-mike-pereira-thinks-antonio-brown-touchdown-shouldve-stood/), it would have more than likely been a moot point anyway.