PDA

View Full Version : Missing person report.

zulater
01-03-2016, 08:03 PM
Missing: Young African American male, tall, slender ( but muscular) heavily tattooed, amazingly fast, residence Heinz Field Pgh. Last seen wearing a white jersey with black and gold trim on the sleeves and a black number 10 on it. Answers to the name of Martavis Bryant.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Mr Bryant please contact Todd Haley and/ or Ben Roethlisberger.

Thank you. Freakish talent is a terrible thing to waste.

Buckinnuts
01-03-2016, 08:11 PM
talk about vanishing after the first 4-5 games...dropping passes...etc..super fast lot people arecsticking with him???????? dont be pulling a mike wallace there bryant

86WARD
01-03-2016, 08:18 PM
Ask Tomlin. He found him and stuck him on the bench.

zulater
01-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Ask Tomlin. He found him and stuck him on the bench.

Hopefully the lesson has been taught. We're going to need a big game from him in Cincy! :pray:

86WARD
01-03-2016, 08:20 PM
Hopefully the lesson has been taught. We're going to need a big game from him in Cincy! :pray:

Why can't that "lesson" be handed to Blake?

Shoes
01-03-2016, 08:21 PM
He has 1 catch for 6 yards in the last two games per steelersdepot.

hawaiiansteeler
01-03-2016, 08:27 PM
it's the reason why we were able to draft such a freakishly athletic player in the 4th round...

Psycho Ward 86
01-03-2016, 08:29 PM
if he had AB's work ethic he would make us forget all about #84

katmandu
01-03-2016, 09:01 PM
Missing: Young African American male, tall, slender ( but muscular) heavily tattooed, amazingly fast, residence Heinz Field Pgh. Last seen wearing a white jersey with black and gold trim on the sleeves and a black number 10 on it. Answers to the name of Martavis Bryant.
Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Mr Bryant please contact Todd Haley and/ or Ben Roethlisberger.

Thank you. Freakish talent is a terrible thing to waste. Is he in the back seat of the car with these two guys ?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--7VpHBbQa4o/Up4QcxFMRPI/AAAAAAAABY0/YNgoNj6ltfg/s1600/cheech+and+chong+and+a+huge+joint.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

or is in studying in the Library with this guy ?

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/58/files/2013/08/7570118.jpg

Steelermania
01-03-2016, 09:12 PM
I didn't have any problem with them going to Bey. When he got open, he made the big play when we needed it. Bryant reminds me of the young Plaxico, who also had tons of talent, but didn't have a clue about how to play the position.

Devilsdancefloor
01-03-2016, 09:23 PM
well he left todays game with a neck injury... so that is why 1 catch 0 yardsplus i really think ben looks AB AB AB AB AB whoever else

SteelMayhem72
01-03-2016, 09:29 PM
he may be having weed withdrawals

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

SteelMayhem72
01-03-2016, 09:30 PM
well he left todays game with a neck injury... so that is why 1 catch 0 yardsplus i really think ben looks AB AB AB AB AB whoever else
yes and teams see that and get picks

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

zoneblitzerII
01-04-2016, 09:09 PM
Take a view from the sideline and get DHB in there.

ETL
01-04-2016, 10:33 PM
Bryant is way more talented than DHB. If he's healthy he needs to play.

Steel Peon
01-04-2016, 11:02 PM
I think his difficulties of late might be due to chaffing from having his balls scrubbed way too thoroughly by the media way too soon in his NFL career. Normally, an NFL player needs to have his testicles properly conditioned before such slop, lather, and coarse materials should be applied, which at the start should only involve enthusiastic approval. In the case of Martavis however, the media decided to move straight into jumping the shark, and heap unjustified praise onto the young upstart. Phrases like "Ultimate skill-set for a wide receiver," and "Could be the Steelers' greatest WR ever" were thrown about willy-nilly, as if the Winged God of WRs had just presented his only son unto the Steelers so they could attain glory beyond anyone's wildest comprehension. So simply put, Martavis' balls were just not prepared for a washing of that magnitude, and I can't imagine the amount of pain he's had to endure while playing through such an affliction. Hopefully he seriously wants to live up to the accolade of "Ultimate skill-set for a WR" thing, and then someone can explain to him that #1 on that list is your hands.

teegre
01-05-2016, 03:02 AM
I think his difficulties of late might be due to chaffing from having his balls scrubbed way too thoroughly by the media way too soon in his NFL career. Normally, an NFL player needs to have his testicles properly conditioned before such slop, lather, and coarse materials should be applied, which at the start should only involve enthusiastic approval. In the case of Martavis however, the media decided to move straight into jumping the shark, and heap unjustified praise onto the young upstart. Phrases like "Ultimate skill-set for a wide receiver," and "Could be the Steelers' greatest WR ever" were thrown about willy-nilly, as if the Winged God of WRs had just presented his only son unto the Steelers so they could attain glory beyond anyone's wildest comprehension. So simply put, Martavis' balls were just not prepared for a washing of that magnitude, and I can't imagine the amount of pain he's had to endure while playing through such an affliction. Hopefully he seriously wants to live up to the accolade of "Ultimate skill-set for a WR" thing, and then someone can explain to him that #1 on that list is your hands.

:applaudit:

teegre
01-05-2016, 03:22 AM
Bringing up the 2014 draft again... man, I wish that the NYGiants had accepted Tomlin's trade offer, and the Steelers had gotten ODB.

(I mention this now, because when we last discussed this topic, Bryant seemed to be "the next big thing". So much so, that some would have rather have had him than ODB. Now that Bryant has fallen back to Earth, I am once again reminded about how amazing this offense would be with AB and ODB.)

tube517
01-05-2016, 11:23 AM

Steel Peon
01-05-2016, 12:16 PM
how amazing this offense would be with AB and ODB.
Wow, that would be amazing, just so long as you're not talking about this ODB (who he's kinda been acting like lately):

http://brokelyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/OlDirtyBastard-440x294.jpg

teegre
01-05-2016, 02:09 PM
Wow, that would be amazing, just so long as you're not talking about this ODB (who he's kinda been acting like lately):

http://brokelyn.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/OlDirtyBastard-440x294.jpg

:applaudit:

Yo baby, I like it raaaaw!!!

polamalubeast
01-05-2016, 02:13 PM
Bringing up the 2014 draft again... man, I wish that the NYGiants had accepted Tomlin's trade offer, and the Steelers had gotten ODB.

(I mention this now, because when we last discussed this topic, Bryant seemed to be "the next big thing". So much so, that some would have rather have had him than ODB. Now that Bryant has fallen back to Earth, I am once again reminded about how amazing this offense would be with AB and ODB.)

I never heard that the steelers had offered a trade to the giants for OBJ.

When did you hear that?

teegre
01-05-2016, 02:23 PM
I never heard that the steelers had offered a trade to the giants for OBJ.

When did you hear that?

After R1 was complete, Schefter (or someone) said that the Steelers had offered a R4 pick to trade up from 15 to 11, but the NYGiants wanted a R3 pick. Alas, due to the Shamarko Thomas trade from the year before, the Steelers did not have a R3 pick.

Mojouw
01-05-2016, 03:39 PM
After R1 was complete, Schefter (or someone) said that the Steelers had offered a R4 pick to trade up from 15 to 11, but the NYGiants wanted a R3 pick. Alas, due to the Shamarko Thomas trade from the year before, the Steelers did not have a R3 pick.

This might sound kinda dumb, but not sure it all "fits" as well with AB and ODB. They seem too similar in style. Kinda like how Sanders had to go elsewhere to really be good. However ODB is way better than Sanders so....

Plus we could make all kinds of cool Old Dirty Bastard and Wu-Tang references. Nevermind. I'm in.

slippy
01-05-2016, 03:41 PM
what have you guys been watching? i do not want ODB on my team. he is talented, but i believe he will ruin any team he is on. giants have mishandled him terribly.

Mojouw
01-05-2016, 05:06 PM
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2015/receiving.htm

Not sure if it means anything, but looks like the top 20 guys in yards per catch this season all caught around 50-60% of their targets (rough round number math - I could be way off). Bryant is right in that window.

But then there is the "eyeball" test and he seems to not come up with some easy ones now and then. What I do like though is that Bryant, for the most part, attempts to be a "hands" catcher and not a "body" catcher. For why I like that, look at AB - hands. Then look at DHB - body.

polamalubeast
01-05-2016, 05:10 PM
The problem is that Bryant has not been the same in last few weeks....

Mojouw
01-05-2016, 05:15 PM
The problem is that Bryant has not been the same in last few weeks....

Agreed. Wish we were able to know whether that was a Bryant thing or that teams are specifically trying to take him away.

Count Steeler
01-05-2016, 05:25 PM
Ben has to change the song in his head, from "I Only Have Eyes For You", to "Spread the Love". Maybe now that the regular season records and possible accomplishments are over, Ben will not force it to Brown as much.

SteelerFanInStl
01-05-2016, 05:45 PM
The guy that Ben seems to have forgotten about is Heath. I was really surprised to hear that it was only the 2nd TD of the year for Heath in the Cleveland game. Ben needs to get back to using his security blanket.

B&GFever
01-05-2016, 09:51 PM
Is he in the back seat of the car with these two guys ?

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/--7VpHBbQa4o/Up4QcxFMRPI/AAAAAAAABY0/YNgoNj6ltfg/s1600/cheech+and+chong+and+a+huge+joint.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

or is in studying in the Library with this guy ?

http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/58/files/2013/08/7570118.jpg

that is one massive zit on his neck .... dude pop that sucker

Psycho Ward 86
01-05-2016, 10:44 PM
The guy that Ben seems to have forgotten about is Heath. I was really surprised to hear that it was only the 2nd TD of the year for Heath in the Cleveland game. Ben needs to get back to using his security blanket.

thats only going to happen if heath goes 30 yards downfield