PDA

View Full Version : Big burden falls on Mendehall

stillers4me
09-07-2010, 01:17 AM
Tuesday, September 07, 2010
By Ron Cook, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

So Dennis Dixon will get the start at quarterback Sunday afternoon against the Atlanta Falcons. It's not the right call by Steelers coach Mike Tomlin, not the right call at all. Charlie Batch is the better option because of his experience. He knows the offense inside out and sees the field better than Dixon. He isn't likely to make the killer mistakes that gets his team beat. He would give the Steelers their best chance of winning............

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10250/1085586-66.stm#ixzz0yp0n3J3W

Galax Steeler
09-07-2010, 03:22 AM
Nice read, Hopefully Mendenhall is ready to carry the load and help us get through these first four games. I still think Dixon will be just fine at quarterback. Yea he will make some mistakes but that comes with the learning curve of the game.

SirHulka
09-07-2010, 07:37 AM
"Kill" is the optimum word. With your line, Batch will get killed.

Worse-case scenario. Who is your 3rd QB in the event both Dixon and Batch get hurt?

The Duke
09-07-2010, 07:48 AM
Burden falls on the oline. We have seen what mendenhall can do with a below average oline, and it was pretty good

let's see what he can do with a real center out there. I have high expectations

and as long as he doesn't repeat this I think he'll have no problem in the fumbles category

http://www.sportsfanlive.com/roller/pittsburghsteelersblog/resource/RashardMendenhallVsVikings(AP).jpg

Canadian Steeler Nation
09-07-2010, 07:50 AM
Antwan Randle El! He throws a hell of a deep ball, just ask Hines.

SteelGhost
09-07-2010, 09:49 AM
Burden falls on the oline. We have seen what mendenhall can do with a below average oline, and it was pretty good

let's see what he can do with a real center out there. I have high expectations

and as long as he doesn't repeat this I think he'll have no problem in the fumbles category

I agree 100% :thumbsup:

Steeldude
09-07-2010, 10:17 AM
burden falls on everyone.

Randy06
09-07-2010, 11:37 AM
One player does not make or break a team... The STEELERS need to come to play this weekend as a unit for us to be successful.

MULLDOG24
09-07-2010, 03:15 PM
For me the burden falls on Dixon. If he can stay focused and not make mistakes we will be OK. I hope that he doesn't try to force or rush any throws and just throws the ball away instead of throwing a pic.

GoSlash27
09-07-2010, 04:00 PM
What Steeldude said. The entire team has to produce. If they do their jobs, the QB isn't an issue. Excellence is the standard, regardless of the situation.
Personally, I think Dixon is gonna turn a few heads.
On the RB situation... this is the most comfortable I've ever felt about our RB depth. If Mendy gets hurt (God forbid), I'm completely comfortable with our stable.

ALLD
09-07-2010, 06:50 PM
One player does not make or break a team... The STEELERS need to come to play this weekend as a unit for us to be successful.

You ever hear of Troy Polamalu?

Steeltreal
09-07-2010, 07:14 PM
On the RB situation... this is the most comfortable I've ever felt about our RB depth. If Mendy gets hurt (God forbid), I'm completely comfortable with our stable.

Would you call Willie Parker. Activate Justin Vincent, or explore a trade? (Marshawn Lynch seems to be on his way outta Buffalo)