PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Training Camp

BPS3akaWirels3
05-29-2010, 08:20 PM
I hope as may of you here can make it to training camp this season. I took my mom and dad for the first time last year... Wow.. What a turn out...

Bluecoat96
05-29-2010, 08:27 PM
My brother and I are planning to make to Latrobe for a couple days. It will be my first camp, and I'm PUMPED!!!! Who else is planning to make the trip? HTG? I'd love to meet you in person! anyone else??

BPS3akaWirels3
05-29-2010, 08:34 PM
You have to go the first weekend of camp.. I went on Sunday August 2nd or 3rd.. I was a little upset because I couldn't use my Steeler Fan Memebership discount card there... By the way if you try to use your discount card at training camp or the sideline store they willn't take it.. That sucks..

vader29
05-29-2010, 09:00 PM
I went for the first time ever last year, had the sideline visit from the steelers fan club and loved it. Plan on going several times this year.

Bluecoat96
05-29-2010, 09:25 PM
Where's a good place to look for hotel info and stuff?

BPS3akaWirels3
05-29-2010, 10:08 PM
Stay in Greensburg by the mall.. Westmoreland Mall area..

steel9guy
05-29-2010, 11:11 PM
went once on 08, twice in 09, planning to go more this year. I got Hines Ward, James Harrison, and Ryan Clarks autographs within 5 minutes last year. It was awesome.

SteelCityMan786
05-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Looking forward to an interesting 2010 Camp for this team. I am really interested to see who plays for Ben in the first 4 weeks this year.

Galax Steeler
05-30-2010, 06:07 AM
I would love to make the trip and watch it. Sounds like everyone has alot of fun.

Boomerang
05-30-2010, 06:32 AM
Looking forward to seeing how Sanders and JD settle in.

steelpride12
05-30-2010, 08:09 AM
If anyone has any question's about the Latrobe area or anything please PM me. I live 10 minutes from Latrobe and go to almost every training camp sessions, im so pumped for this season when TC comes around you know Steeler season is here!

Carolina Steelers
05-30-2010, 07:36 PM
Im hoping to get to my first TC this yr. I been to gms the previous 2 yrs bought my tickets on Ebay not this yr not in the budget but would love to get to Latrobe this yr. Just waiting on some kind of schedule so I know what days I need off from work.

Devilsdancefloor
05-30-2010, 09:24 PM
id love to go to a camp, but being so far away it is almost impossible at this time and the near future. Sounds like a great time.

mswagner
05-31-2010, 08:33 AM
Anyone know dates for camp yet?

steelpride12
05-31-2010, 08:38 AM

No dates posted yet, but Ill be sure to throw them up here as soon as they are announced!

vader29
05-31-2010, 08:50 AM

From steelers.com: The Steelers training camp schedule is not confirmed until sometime in June or early July.

43Hitman
05-31-2010, 09:24 AM
I wish I could go to camp. That is on my bucket list. I hope you guys/gals can post up some pics. I love looking at those each year, along with the fan reports.

steelpride12
05-31-2010, 09:26 AM
I wish I could go to camp. That is on my bucket list. I hope you guys/gals can post up some pics. I love looking at those each year, along with the fan reports.

Ill be sure to take plenty of pics for you and post them on here!

BPS3akaWirels3
05-31-2010, 12:30 PM

That's about it so far for dates:

2010 NFL Training Camp DatesThe dates and locations for the 2010 NFL training camps have not been announced yet, in the meantime we're listing the 2009 NFL camp locations.LocationDate Begins49ers' CampSanta Clara, CA28-JulBears' CampBourbonnais, IL31-JulBengals' CampGeorgetown, KY31-JulBills' CampPittsford, NY25-JulBroncos' CampCentennial, CO30-JulBrowns' CampBerea, OH1-AugBuccaneers' CampTampa, FL1-AugCardinals' CampFlagstaff, AZ31-JulChargers' CampSan Diego, CA31-JulChiefs' CampSt. Joseph, MO1-AugColts' CampTerre Haute, IN3-AugCowboys' CampSan Antonio, TX29-JulDolphins' CampDavie, FL1-AugEagles' CampBethlehem, PA26-JulFalcons' CampFlowery Branch, GA1-AugGiants' CampAlbany, NY3-AugJaguars' CampJacksonville, FL3-AugJets' CampCortland, NY27-JulLions' CampAllen Park, MI31-JulPackers' CampGreen Bay, WI2-AugPanthers' CampSpartanburg, SC3-AugPatriots' CampFoxboro, MA30-JulRaiders' CampNapa Valley, CA29-JulRams' CampEarth City, MO31-JulRavens' CampWestminster, MD28-JulRedskins' CampAshburn, VA30-JulSaints' CampMetairie, LA31-JulSeahawks' CampRenton, WA3-AugSteelers' CampLatrobe, PA 1-Aug Texans' CampHouston, TX31-JulTitans' CampNashville, TN31-JulVikings' CampMankato, MN31-Jul

43Hitman
05-31-2010, 07:05 PM
Nice find BPS.

Galax Steeler
06-01-2010, 04:09 AM
This just gets me hyped up for the up and coming year. Can't wait for them to put there pads on and go at it to see who has it and who dosen't.

Steely McSmash
06-01-2010, 04:15 PM
I went last year for the fist time. Made the trip from the Boston area pretty much to see camp and visit some friends. Pretty cool experience.

It's really kind of difficult to make sense of much of it as a spectator, still fun none the less.

SteelMember
06-02-2010, 08:32 AM
Anyone going... please post up your pics.

steelpride12
06-02-2010, 10:18 AM

Living right beside Latrobe Ill be there many many times so Ill be sure too!

SteelerSal
06-02-2010, 02:34 PM
Goal is to get there someday....for those of you going, get alot of good pictures and fill us in on all the happenings!!:thumbsup:

Galax Steeler
06-03-2010, 04:24 AM

That is what I am looking forward to.

43Hitman
06-05-2010, 06:22 PM
That is what I am looking forward to.

Me too brother. I'm excited to hear about the young wideouts and linebackers.

Texasteel
06-05-2010, 09:07 PM
Me too brother. I'm excited to hear about the young wideouts and linebackers.

I'm more of a defective guy, but it I were there I would be watching the WRs this year.

Galax Steeler
06-06-2010, 07:14 AM
I'm more of a defective guy, but it I were there I would be watching the WRs this year.

Hopefully we will have some good young WR's this year that can play the game from what I am hearing Brown is doing rather well.I know it is early and hey haven't used pads yet but it is still good to hear about them.

Nadroj 20
06-06-2010, 08:51 AM
I have been there once with a friend of mine and really enjoyed it... didnt get autographs, but the biggest name that was close to me was Ike Taylor...he was jumping around signing some autographs and he was within arms reach of me haha.

I would love to go back again.

43Hitman
06-06-2010, 11:40 AM
I'm more of a defectiveguy, but it I were there I would be watching the WRs this year.

Yeah, I want to hear about the young LB's we drafted as well. Especially Worlids(sp?).

stillers4me
06-06-2010, 11:44 AM
We went a couple of years ago. I high-fived Ben, Troy, and Keisel....my DNA mingled with their DNA and I haven't washed my hand since. :heh:

43Hitman
06-06-2010, 02:40 PM
We went a couple of years ago. I high-fived Ben, Troy, and Keisel....my DNA mingled with their DNA and I haven't washed my hand since. :heh:

So when you go out, do you offer your bitches some shots? :chuckle:

stillers4me
06-06-2010, 03:19 PM
So when you go out, do you offer your bitches some shots? :chuckle:

You're all my bitches. :heh:

Prok
06-08-2010, 01:04 PM
I'm shooting for 2nd weekend in August. Have to see how work etc. goes.
I go just about every year too.
I like Sharky's afteward. Heard some players like to go there too at times.
a buddy at the Planet say's Dino's is cool too.

LLT
06-08-2010, 01:18 PM
No dates posted yet, but Ill be sure to throw them up here as soon as they are announced!

We will also add those dates to the site calendar when they are announced. All preseason and regular season games and the game times are already posted there for your convenience. :tt02: :tt02:

SteelMember
06-08-2010, 02:02 PM

defective?

Your not defective, tex. Maybe just a little road worn.

You know what they say (my dad anyway)...

It's not how old you are, it's the miles you put on. :chuckle:

ps - I know you meant defensive, buddy.

Texasteel
06-08-2010, 05:19 PM
defective?

Your not defective, tex. Maybe just a little road worn.

You know what they say (my dad anyway)...

It's not how old you are, it's the miles you put on. :chuckle:

ps - I know you meant defensive, buddy.

Guess you would call that a Freudian slip.

LLT
06-09-2010, 03:53 AM
You're all my bitches. :heh:

........................:drama:
:hail: :hail: :hail:

Devilsdancefloor
06-11-2010, 08:42 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FEiSXWRCg7A

Chidi29
06-14-2010, 11:18 PM
The schedule is up.

http://www.steelers.com/assets/docs/2010_Camp_Schedule.pdf

Carolina Steelers
06-15-2010, 09:59 AM
The schedule is up.

Thanks been waiting for this!! Now I can try and make plans around work to get there for a few days

steelpride12
06-15-2010, 02:12 PM
The schedule is up.

You beat me to it, but thanks for the post now I can choose when I wanna go!

vader29
06-15-2010, 03:22 PM
You beat me to it, but thanks for the post now I can choose when I wanna go!

I'm looking to go there a few times this year and plan on taking a bunch of pics.

LLT
06-15-2010, 03:44 PM
Thanks Chid!!!

I have used your shedule to put Camp dates and times on the site calendar for easy access!! :tt03: :tt02:

LLT
06-15-2010, 03:55 PM
Directions To Steelers Training Camp At St. Vincent College
2:24 pm EDT June 15, 2010

LATROBE, Pa. -- From Pittsburgh:
Follow I-376 East to Monroeville. Proceed approximately 12-13 miles to the Pennsylvania Turnpike entrance and enter the Turnpike traveling east. Take Irwin Exit 67 (the first exit - old exit 7) and merge onto Route 30 East. Continue on Route 30 for approximately 17 miles. Turn left on to Beatty County Road. Follow Beatty County Road to Brouwers Drive. Turn Right on Brouwers Drive and follow the road to on-campus parking lots.

From Harrisburg, Philadelphia, New Jersey and points East:
Take the Pennsylvania Turnpike, I-76 West, to exit 91 (old exit 9) Donegal. Turn left onto PA Route 31 East, 1/4 mile to left turn at PA Route 711 North, 14 miles to left turn at U.S. Route 30 West, 10 miles to right turn at Saint Vincent Drive (at traffic signal). Take the first left turn on to Brouwers Drive and follow road to on-campus parking lots.

From Erie, Buffalo and points North:
Take Interstate 79 south to its junction with I-76, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, at gate 28 (old gate 3) Cranberry/Perry Highway Take I-76 east to exit 67 (old exit 7) Irwin. Turn right onto U.S. Route 30 East and follow for approximately 17 miles. Turn left on to Beatty County Road. Follow Beatty County Road to Brouwers Drive. Turn Right on Brouwers Drive and follow the road to on-campus parking lots.

From Baltimore, Washington and points South:
Take Interstate 70 west to its junction with I-76, the Pennsylvania Turnpike, at gate 161 (old gate 12) Breezewood, proceed on I-76 west to exit 91 (old exit 9) Donegal. Turn left onto PA Route 31 East, 1/4 mile to left turn at PA Route 711 North, 14 miles to left turn at U.S. Route 30 West, 10 miles to right turn at Saint Vincent Drive (at traffic signal). Take the first left turn on to Brouwers Drive and follow road to on-campus parking lots.

Handicapped Parking (from all directions): Follow above directions to U.S. Route 30. Follow Route 30 to Saint Vincent Drive (at traffic signal). Turn on to Saint Vincent Drive and continue straight. Follow signs for handicapped parking.

To search for directions on any online map search, look for St. Vincent College on Frazier Purchase Road in Latrobe, Pa.

Directions to Latrobe MemorialStadium –August 6
From Route 30: Follow directions to Saint Vincent College and proceed east on Route 30 (past the St. Vincent College entrance). Take Route 981. At the Arnold Palmer Regional Airport, make a left at the traffic light onto Route 981 North. Proceed through 2 traffic lights as you will cross a bridge over Loyalhanna Creek. At the third traffic light, make a right onto Jefferson Street. Go straight through one stop sign and at the second stop sign, make a right onto Chestnut Street. Latrobe Memorial Stadium will be on your right on Chestnut Street.

From Route 22: Take the Route 981 South exit from Route 22 East. Proceed approximately 8 miles until you come across the first traffic light. Make a right at light onto Latrobe/Derry Road. Proceed straight through 2 additional traffic lights. At the next traffic light, make a left onto Jefferson Street. Proceed straight through one traffic light and one stop sign. At the next stop sign, make a right onto Chestnut Street. Latrobe Memorial Stadium is on our right on Chestnut Street.
http://www.wpxi.com/sports/16899036/detail.html

polamalubeast
06-15-2010, 04:55 PM
http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtrib/sports/steelers/s_686112.html

Steelers announce training camp practice schedule
By John Harris, PITTSBURGH TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Tuesday, June 15, 2010
Last updated: 5:31 pm

Steelers players report to training camp July 30 at Saint Vincent College in Latrobe and will conduct their first official practice a day later, the team announced.

Coach Mike Tomlin normally conducts a conditioning run on the day that players report.

Training camp ends Aug. 20, the day before the Steelers visit the New York Giants at 7:30 p.m. in their second preseason game.

The Steelers play their first preseason game against the Detroit Lions on Aug. 14 at Heinz Field at 7:30 p.m..

The first day of open practice for fans is July 31. The last day of open practice is Aug. 18.

Open practices begin at 2:55 p.m. The Saint Vincent College campus opens to the public at 1:30 p.m.

Open practice schedule: July 31, Aug. 1, Aug. 2, Aug. 3, Aug. 4, Aug. 5, Aug. 6 (7 p.m. at Latrobe Stadium), Aug. 7 (TBD), Aug. 8, Aug. 9, Aug. 10, Aug. 11, Aug. 12, Aug. 16, Aug. 17, Aug. 18.

Galax Steeler
06-16-2010, 04:55 AM
If this don't get your blood a pumping then nothing will. Thanks for posting Polamalubeast.

venom
06-16-2010, 08:08 AM
Ive been to hundreds of Steeler games but never attended 1 training camp practice . That sucks !!

steelpride12
06-16-2010, 11:00 AM
Ive been to hundreds of Steeler games but never attended 1 training camp practice . That sucks !!
their a boat load of fun and good times. Lots to do they have a small bus with some history and games, of course a merchandise area and what more could you ask for sitting with thousands of Steelers fan watching your team get ready for the season.

solardave
06-18-2010, 05:47 AM
I would love to make the trip and watch it. Sounds like everyone has alot of fun.

My oldest brother lives in Latrobe. He hardly ever went because of work but now that he is retired I may have to go up and see them. I've never been to camp.

BPS3akaWirels3
06-26-2010, 09:28 AM
My oldest brother lives in Latrobe. He hardly ever went because of work but now that he is retired I may have to go up and see them. I've never been to camp.

You must go... It's like going to a game with all the cars in the fields and thousands of people wrapped around the hills watching... And you must buy a shirt at the Side-line store...

Texasteel
06-26-2010, 09:59 PM
You must go... It's like going to a game with all the cars in the fields and thousands of people wrapped around the hills watching... And you must buy a shirt at the Side-line store...

Wouldn't it be great if SU just invaded TC for a day. I'm gona need a bigger cooler.

Galax Steeler
06-28-2010, 05:06 AM
Wouldn't it be great if SU just invaded TC for a day. I'm gona need a bigger cooler.

I have got the cooler see ya there dad.:tt03:

vasteeler
07-02-2010, 09:50 PM
ive have seen the steelers play four times all of them losses. i have bet on the steelers a few times all of them losses. unless the season is a wash i will not go again and i certainly will never bet on them again. you can best believe i will stay as far away from tc as i can. you guys have fun and post pics

BPS3akaWirels3
07-03-2010, 09:35 PM

I'll most likely be there the first Sunday of TC.. Taking the mini video cam..

Nadroj 20
07-03-2010, 09:53 PM
I'm going to share the story about my only training camp experience.

I was asked by one of my friends to go to the TC a few years back and he brought me along with two of our other friends all of us huge steelers fans of course. Well his mom drove and we are all like 15-16 year old guys excited as hell to go see the steelers practice. We get there and are standing in an area not far from where we parked and quickly got bored so took off and actually was lucky enough to see Coach Cowher walk right pass us and we also saw LeBeau so we are going nuts one of my friends worked up the courage to ask LeBeau for his autograph and he said "find me after practice" or something like that which is understandable because they were looking to get started soon.

So we go back to where my friends mom was at to start watching some of the practice. When we knew there was probably a half hour of practice left we wanted to go up to where they go into the locker rooms to possibly get some autographs. So we left where is mom was standing. BIG MISTAKE!!!!!!!!!!

We didnt have much luck getting autographs, I think Greg Warren was the only guy we knew lol. So when we get back to my buddys mom she asked if we had any luck and we said not really and she said well there were two guys that came right up along the fence here and signed stuff for everyone. And we were like oh yea who were they and her response was ( her not knowing much about the team ) ummm #86 and #10. WE WERE SOOOO PISSED!!! lol we could have got Ward's and Tone's autographs but ended up getting the long snapper! :chuckle:

Even though we made a bad choice leaving that spot we still had a blast and I suggest going at least one time. It's great. I thought it was a funny story and thought id share it :thumbsup:

mswagner
07-07-2010, 02:08 PM
My family and I will be camping near Latrobe over the 1st weekend of training camp, and I have a pass to be on the field for one practice. Maybe those of us there that 1st weekend can meet up!

HometownGal
07-14-2010, 07:47 AM
XT and I will most likely go either August 3rd or 4th. If anyone is going to be there either of those days, let me know via PM and we can hook up! :thumbsup:

Can't wait! :yay3:

vader29
07-14-2010, 10:41 AM
I will be there the first Sunday with the on the field visit from the Steelers fan club, super excited! Also plan on a few more visits throughout camp.

BPS3akaWirels3
07-27-2010, 06:26 AM
Great News for me!! I have decided to go up this coming Sunday and take the little lady to her first TC. I hope to see some of you all.

P.S. Not sure how I would know it's any of you. lol

BigBenFn7
07-30-2010, 09:37 AM
I've never been out to a camp but one of these years I will make a weekend of it. I know I would have fun, it's just getting someone to go along with me since everyone I know are either Bengals or Browns fans(being that I live in Ohio).

steelpride12
07-30-2010, 10:46 AM
Im going to Training Camp tomorrow and Sunday for the day WOO! Im excited and Ill take plenty of pics!

Galax Steeler
07-30-2010, 05:00 PM
Im going to Training Camp tomorrow and Sunday for the day WOO! Im excited and Ill take plenty of pics!

Hope you share the pics with us can't wait to see them.

Shea
07-30-2010, 11:24 PM
I had my own little TC thread going but it got locked down.

Sadness is upon me ....

BPS3akaWirels3
07-31-2010, 10:54 AM
I'll be there tomorrow wearing my Big Ben shadow jersey. Gotta show my support for the big guy..

SteelerSal
07-31-2010, 11:16 AM
I'll be there tomorrow wearing my Big Ben shadow jersey. Gotta show my support for the big guy..

Post plenty of pictures and info!!

BPS3akaWirels3
07-31-2010, 11:29 AM
I'll take the video camera. It looks like a regular camera.. lol

Nadroj 20
08-01-2010, 08:58 PM
I went today and had alot of fun. Gave Ben a high five and got some nice autographs.

Issac Redman tossed me his glove too so that was probably the highlight of the day.

stillers4me
08-01-2010, 09:09 PM
I went today and had alot of fun. Gave Ben a high five and got some nice autographs.

Issac Redman tossed me his glove too so that was probably the highlight of the day.

Isn't training camp a blast!!

Nadroj 20
08-02-2010, 12:16 PM
Isn't training camp a blast!!

Oh yes! it was my second time going and both were alot of fun. I'll be going back for sure!

Galax Steeler
08-03-2010, 03:29 AM
Oh yes! it was my second time going and both were alot of fun. I'll be going back for sure!

Glad you enjoyed it I hope to make the trip someday.

Bluecoat96
08-04-2010, 06:42 PM
My bro and I will be there on Sunday and Monday. It's my last chance to get away before my wife pops out our baby girl this fall. :yay3: Anyone else going on those days?

vader29
08-05-2010, 11:28 AM
I'm going again this Sunday, looks like it's going to be a beautiful day.

cold-hard-steel
08-05-2010, 11:48 AM
The only training camp i visited was in 1979,and i guess it really was not a training camp.The Steelers use to scrimmage with the Redskins at wilson college in Carlisle,Pa. It used to be an anual event. Wish they never stopped it.

HometownGal
08-09-2010, 08:05 AM
Hey - XT and I will be at Steelers TC today and if anyone else is going to be out there, look us up! We sit at the top of the hill on chairs facing the field and we're easy to spot - a big black guy accompanied by a Liz Taylor (in her younger days of course :heh:) look-a-like with medium length auburn hair with blonde highlights. :thumbsup: Hope to get to meet a couple of you at camp! :drink:

vader29
08-09-2010, 08:24 AM
I am going to be there today at the very top of the hill to the right of where the bleachers are, I'll look for you guys.

HometownGal
08-09-2010, 08:34 AM
I am going to be there today at the very top of the hill to the right of where the bleachers are, I'll look for you guys.

That's where we're going to be so we'll see you there! :drink:

Texasteel
08-09-2010, 08:37 AM
I am sooooo jealous right now.

stillers4me
08-09-2010, 08:40 AM
I am sooooo jealous right now.

Me, too! Just got back to hot, steamy, nasty Shitzinnati yesterday. Western Pa. was sooooo less humid. Friday night in Latrobe was gorgeous.....absolutely perfect.

HometownGal
08-09-2010, 06:23 PM
What a great experience today at Steelers TC! :thumbsup: There was a LOT of concentration on the rushing game and Mendy, MeMo and Jonathan Dwyer were exceptional! Mendy's cuts were done with speed and precision and I have to say - Flozell Adams on that right side makes a HUGE difference. As XT said - he's a house on legs. :chuckle: He beat Aaron Smith like a rented mule on just about every play.

Now for Ben. I'm telling ya - he looks phenomenal both physically and behind center. :yay3: He's lost what looks to be 35-40 lbs. and is in the best shape I think I've ever seen him. He hasn't lost a beat and his passes looked quite crisp. Lefty looked really good, too, and Dix and Batch threw some nice passes, as well, in the very limited time I saw either of them. Lefty played mainly with the first team so I think it's a no-brainer who is going to be in the QB position when the season starts and he looks rarin' to go! :thumbsup: Props also to Pouncey who looked really good playing at center today and I think Hartwig plays much better as a G than as a C.

Didn't really get to see too much on the D side of the ball, as they seemed to be really focusing on the rushing attack today. All in all, I was quite pleased with what I saw and am looking forward to the season now more than ever!

XT and I didn't take any pics because they would have been more of the same pics already posted.

GO STEELERS!!!! :tt03::tt02:

P.S. Hey vader - did you go to TC? We were waiting for you to find us but no luck. :noidea:

siss
08-09-2010, 06:34 PM
You got pictures of the stud right (you know who I want!)

stillers4me
08-09-2010, 07:16 PM
Jim Wexell tweeted that Lefty went out with ice on his right arm. Do you know anything about that?

Bluecoat96
08-09-2010, 07:45 PM
Hey - XT and I will be at Steelers TC today and if anyone else is going to be out there, look us up! We sit at the top of the hill on chairs facing the field and we're easy to spot - a big black guy accompanied by a Liz Taylor (in her younger days of course :heh:) look-a-like with medium length auburn hair with blonde highlights. :thumbsup: Hope to get to meet a couple of you at camp! :drink:

I was there today. You weren't the crazy lady in the stands yelling for Antwaan Randel El's autograph were you? :)

HometownGal
08-09-2010, 07:55 PM
I was there today. You weren't the crazy lady in the stands yelling for Antwaan Randel El's autograph were you? :)

Nope. XT and I were sitting in chairs up at the top of the hill on the right at about the 10 YL. I was the one, however, using my binocs to lust on Skippy doing his head to knee leg warmups. :eyebrows: I wish I had known you were going today buddy.

Sue - I didn't know about Lefty as we left SV's at about 4:30 PM to get a jump on the traffic. Must have happened when he was on the other side of the field. Geez - he looked so good from what I saw of him - hope he's OK. :pray:

Bluecoat96
08-09-2010, 08:16 PM
Nope. XT and I were sitting in chairs up at the top of the hill on the right at about the 10 YL. I was the one, however, using my binocs to lust on Skippy doing his head to knee leg warmups. :eyebrows: I wish I had known you were going today buddy.

I would have liked to meet you as well! I'll be posting a few pics as soon as I get home tomorrow.

HometownGal
08-09-2010, 09:05 PM
I would have liked to meet you as well! I'll be posting a few pics as soon as I get home tomorrow.

We'll be at both the Steelers/Panthers pre-season game in September and the Raiders regular season game in November if you or anyone else is going and would like to meet up! :drink:

vader29
08-09-2010, 10:16 PM
P.S. Hey vader - did you go to TC? We were waiting for you to find us but no luck. :noidea:

If you would face the bleachers I was sitting to the right of where they were in a chair probably around 10 spaces over. I walked around looking for you guys but couldn't find where you were, should have just yelled if anyone was from Steelers Universe.

Anyhow just got home a few minutes ago as my radiator sprung a leak and my truck overheated and I was stuck just off of the highway for a few hours. :(

vader29
08-09-2010, 10:21 PM
Jim Wexell tweeted that Lefty went out with ice on his right arm. Do you know anything about that?

Ben had his wrapped in ice at the end of practice last week, it's most likely nothing but treatment from a lot of throwing.

7willBheaven
08-09-2010, 10:46 PM

Sue - I didn't know about Lefty as we left SV's at about 4:30 PM to get a jump on the traffic. Must have happened when he was on the other side of the field. Geez - he looked so good from what I saw of him - hope he's OK. :pray:

You left at 4:30??? Cause of traffic???? Whaaaaat? What type of fan are you? shoooot, haha. The traffic is not that bad (usually flows nice since there are like 3-4 different exit points from SVC)...haha..some people, jk. Missing out on the fun part to interact with some of the players/etc. Shame shame haha :-P

vader29
08-09-2010, 10:55 PM
I've been staying until 5:30 and have seen no problems with traffic when leaving.

HometownGal
08-10-2010, 06:23 AM
You left at 4:30??? Cause of traffic???? Whaaaaat? What type of fan are you? shoooot, haha. The traffic is not that bad (usually flows nice since there are like 3-4 different exit points from SVC)...haha..some people, jk. Missing out on the fun part to interact with some of the players/etc. Shame shame haha :-P

There were a lot of folks that left at 4:30 - some even before. We were sitting out in the hot sun and because of medical issues, I'm not supposed to be out in the sun for very long and I was pushing it, as we had been sitting out in that heat since 1:00. The only interaction I need at TC with the players is seeing them doing their thing on the field. They're exposed to the heat more than I, they're exhausted and I'm not going to keep them out in that hot sun any longer than they need to be. JMHO.

HometownGal
08-10-2010, 06:26 AM
If you would face the bleachers I was sitting to the right of where they were in a chair probably around 10 spaces over. I walked around looking for you guys but couldn't find where you were, should have just yelled if anyone was from Steelers Universe.

Anyhow just got home a few minutes ago as my radiator sprung a leak and my truck overheated and I was stuck just off of the highway for a few hours. :(

I don't know how we missed each other. If you're looking down at the field, we were sitting on the right at the top of the hill where we always sit in chairs. Eric had on his #43 white jersey and I had on a black Steelers t-shirt with gold trim and grey short sleeves and a pair of jean shorts. Oh well - we'll try again next year! :drink:

Sorry to hear about your truck - that sucks!!!!

Akagi
08-10-2010, 08:42 AM
Me & my dad are going to be at camp this Thursday, I'll have my camera w/BIG lens. Anyone wants to say hey, cmon by, we'll be over by the bleachers. We look like this:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/Mosca/indians%20game/_6130302.jpg

Bluecoat96
08-10-2010, 02:55 PM
Here's a few of my pics from camp. That's me in the bottom pic. Yes, I know I'm a tool. :)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs216.snc4/39138_1521946323716_1086314026_1543001_865985_n.jp g (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs193.snc4/37967_1521949203788_1086314026_1543030_2810896_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs173.snc4/37967_1521949043784_1086314026_1543026_1861149_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs093.ash2/37967_1521948883780_1086314026_1543022_2559707_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs120.ash2/39327_1521947683750_1086314026_1543020_6206619_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs220.snc4/39327_1521947563747_1086314026_1543017_6497569_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs120.ash2/39327_1521947443744_1086314026_1543014_5729589_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)

Burghfan58
08-10-2010, 06:24 PM
Here's a few of my pics from camp. That's me in the bottom pic. Yes, I know I'm a tool. :)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs216.snc4/39138_1521946323716_1086314026_1543001_865985_n.jp g (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs193.snc4/37967_1521949203788_1086314026_1543030_2810896_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs173.snc4/37967_1521949043784_1086314026_1543026_1861149_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs093.ash2/37967_1521948883780_1086314026_1543022_2559707_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs120.ash2/39327_1521947683750_1086314026_1543020_6206619_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs220.snc4/39327_1521947563747_1086314026_1543017_6497569_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)
http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/hs120.ash2/39327_1521947443744_1086314026_1543014_5729589_n.j pg (http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=1543002&id=1086314026)

At least you're a Steeler tool. Thanks for the pics.