PDA

View Full Version : Boykin May Start on Sunday

katmandu
01-01-2016, 03:17 PM
Brandon Boykin may finally start on Sunday

http://pit.247sports.com/Bolt/Steelers-cornerback-Brandon-Boykin-may-finally-start-on-Sunday-42415501

After a tumultuous season, the Steelers' cornerback may finally be getting his opportunity.

With Antwon Blake (http://247sports.com/Player/Antwon-Blake-76497) dealing with a back injury, Brandon Boykin (http://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Boykin-5004), acquired this past offseason from Philadelphia, may start his first game for the Steelers this Sunday in Cleveland against the Browns.

Throughout the season, Pittsburgh fans have been clamoring for Boykin to play more, especially after the Steelers' secondary fell to 31st in the NFL against the pass following the Steelers' Week 12 loss at Seattle. After the game, the fans did get their wish, as Pittsburgh went to a three-man rotation at cornerback after the Steelers' loss to the Seahawks.

Boykin got even more playing time last week. Replacing an injured Blake, Boykin made eight tackles and a sack, as the Steelers' defense held the Ravens to just three points in the second half of last Sunday's loss.

For Boykin, Sunday's game could be a chance to show the Steelers what he can do as a starter after spending much of the season openly wondering why he had only been used sparingly throughout most of the year. Boykin could also earn his way onto the team's starting lineup for the playoffs, as long as the Steelers win and the Bills can win on Sunday, in what should be a wild finish to the 2015 season.
Author

Bryan DeArdo (http://247sports.com/User/Bryan%20DeArdo) @nfl_steelers247 (http://pit.247sports.com/User/Bryan%20DeArdo)

86WARD
01-01-2016, 10:26 PM
I won't hold my breath...

steelreserve
01-02-2016, 12:05 AM
Talk about shutting the barn door after the cows got out ...

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2016, 12:12 AM
hooray. im so excited to see the good cb we arent going to get to see next season.

i see the increase in playing time as a cock tease more than anything. here's to hoping boykin somehow sticks around

SteelerFanInStl
01-02-2016, 09:21 AM
Talk about shutting the barn door after the cows got out ...

Yep and it's only happening now because Blake is injured.

lipps83
01-02-2016, 09:54 AM
How long is left in Boykin's contract? Is he a FA after this season? Hopefully not, because if he were I wouldn't anticipate him resigning with the team after he got dicked all season.

SteelerFanInStl
01-02-2016, 10:00 AM
How long is left in Boykin's contract? Is he a FA after this season? Hopefully not, because if he were I wouldn't anticipate him resigning with the team after he got dicked all season.

Yes, he's a FA after this season.

43Hitman
01-02-2016, 03:27 PM
Ugh, a 5th round pick for a rental. That's costly. I sure hope we can retain him next year so we can get some kind of return on that investment.

Drazo85
01-02-2016, 03:48 PM
I sure hope Blake has similar injury like Cortez Allen.

Steel Peon
01-02-2016, 04:06 PM
Boykin got even more playing time last week. Replacing an injured Blake, Boykin made eight tackles and a sack, as the Steelers' defense held the Ravens to just three points in the second half of last Sunday's loss.
Wrong, and wrong. For the 50th time, Boykin replaces Gay who moves outside, and Cockrell replaces Blake. Also, the Ratshits scored 7 points in the 2nd half, largely due to man being wide fucking open in blown coverage somewhere between Shazier (the main culprit), Jarvis, Golden (who made the stop) and Cockrell, which resulted in a 30 yard gain giving the Rats 1st and goal. Which team only scored 3 points in a half? We did, in the 1st half. So, Bryan DerpArdo is a legit writer for a legit website? This is why some fans believe dumb shit.

lipps83
01-02-2016, 05:18 PM
Ugh, a 5th round pick for a rental. That's costly. I sure hope we can retain him next year so we can get some kind of return on that investment.

Big time. I would love to keep him, but if I were him I would take my services to another team even if they offered me less money. Tomlin basically stole a year of the dudes career and the team was worse off for it. I am sure Boykin showed enough of a difference in the defense from when he did and did not play to get some team to offer him some nice coin.

Hawkman
01-02-2016, 05:19 PM
Wrong, and wrong. For the 50th time, Boykin replaces Gay who moves outside, and Cockrell replaces Blake. Also, the Ratshits scored 7 points in the 2nd half, largely due to man being wide fucking open in blown coverage somewhere between Shazier (the main culprit), Jarvis, Golden (who made the stop) and Cockrell, which resulted in a 30 yard gain giving the Rats 1st and goal. Which team only scored 3 points in a half? We did, in the 1st half. So, Bryan DerpArdo is a legit writer for a legit website? This is why some fans believe dumb shit.

Exactly. If anyone noticed there were a number of plays where both Boykin and Blake were on the field together.