PDA

View Full Version : Schefter Believes Teams Will Have Interest In Munchak As Head Coach Candidate

tube517
12-30-2015, 03:16 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/12/schefter-believes-teams-will-have-interest-in-munchak-as-head-coach-candidate/

steelreserve
12-30-2015, 03:45 PM
If that happens, we should match whatever they're offering, and I'm not even joking. He is worth it. That guy has probably singlehandedly saved us three or four high draft picks in the coming years by knowing what the hell he's doing.

I just hope the lure of another head coaching job isn't too much. This is a guy who's quite possibly the best in the world at what he does, which is teaching the lineman position. And so good at it that it would be a shame if he left it for a general coaching job that didn't work out.

86WARD
12-30-2015, 03:48 PM
If that happens, we should match whatever they're offering, and I'm not even joking. He is worth it. That guy has probably singlehandedly saved us three or four high draft picks in the coming years by knowing what the hell he's doing.

I just hope the lure of another head coaching job isn't too much. This is a guy who's quite possibly the best in the world at what he does, which is teaching the lineman position. And so good at it that it would be a shame if he left it for a general coaching job that didn't work out.

I would not have a problem at all if they did that. He's most important to this coaching staff...more so IMO than the head coach and coordinators.

salamander
12-30-2015, 03:53 PM
We are screwed if we lose Munch.

86WARD
12-30-2015, 04:33 PM
It would dig Tomlin a deeper hole.

fansince'76
12-30-2015, 04:50 PM
Much rather they'd take Haley instead.

But like SR said, if push comes to shove, match whatever he's offered and give him the title of Assistant Head Coach or something. He's indispensable to this team.

smokin3000gt
12-30-2015, 05:08 PM
I could be wrong but didn't Munch turn down HC opportunities to sign with Pittsburgh?

SteelerFanInStl
12-30-2015, 05:18 PM
He's the only coach on the team right now that I would be mad about losing.

ALLD
12-30-2015, 05:30 PM
Munchak is the only one I would keep. I know what Donald Trump would say if he was a Steelers fan. Instead we got Snoop Dog who has been silent.

st33lersguy
12-30-2015, 05:35 PM
I hope Munch is reminded of his unsuccessful HC stint. Munch is far and away the best coach on this team

43Hitman
12-30-2015, 07:40 PM
I hope Munch is reminded of his unsuccessful HC stint. Munch is far and away the best coach on this team
The last thing you want to do is remind someone with any ounce of pride that they failed at something to keep them around. Not only will you inspire them to prove you wrong, they'll take a job in your division to rub it in your face.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Steeldude
12-30-2015, 07:53 PM
Here is a question. Would it hurt more to lose Tomlin or Munchak? What if they decided to let Tomlin go and promote Munchak?

Relax, I am not saying I want Tomlin fired. It's just a question.

43Hitman
12-30-2015, 07:59 PM
Here is a question. Would it hurt more to lose Tomlin or Munchak? What if they decided to let Tomlin go and promote Munchak?

Relax, I am not saying I want Tomlin fired. It's just a question.
Tough question. My gut says that it would hurt more to lose Munchak. What he has done with Gilbert, Wallace and Vilenueva is nothing short of remarkable. I'm not advocating for Tomlins dismissal either, just answering your hypothetical.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

lipps83
12-30-2015, 08:01 PM
I wonder if Arians would have had more success as a coordinator here if he had Munchak running his lines? Arians is probably the only person on the planet that likes to throw bombs and screens more than Big Ben, but Ben never really had time for Arians goofiness because he was always running for his life right after the snap.

Sometimes a guy is just a great coordinator, but a crappy head coach. Sometimes a guy is just a great head coach, but a crappy coordinator.

Carnell Lake was probably one of the smartest defensive backs the Steelers have ever had, but as a positions coach (so far at least) he sucks.

86WARD
12-30-2015, 08:14 PM
I wonder if Arians would have had more success as a coordinator here if he had Munchak running his lines? Arians is probably the only person on the planet that likes to throw bombs and screens more than Big Ben, but Ben never really had time for Arians goofiness because he was always running for his life right after the snap.

Sometimes a guy is just a great coordinator, but a crappy head coach. Sometimes a guy is just a great head coach, but a crappy coordinator.

Carnell Lake was probably one of the smartest defensive backs the Steelers have ever had, but as a positions coach (so far at least) he sucks.

No doubt.