PDA

View Full Version : Tomlin: Steelers need to get 'the stench off'

hawaiiansteeler
12-29-2015, 03:44 PM
Mike Tomlin: Steelers need to get 'the stench off'

By Marc Sessler
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Dec. 29, 2015

The Pittsburgh Steelers can't believe where they are heading into Week 17.

One week ago, they looked like the hottest team in the AFC. But after Sunday's stunning loss to the Ravens, Pittsburgh is on the outside looking in and needing extra help to gain a playoff spot in the AFC.

On top of beating the Browns on Sunday in Cleveland, the Steelers need Rex Ryan's Bills to knock off the Jets, prompting coach Mike Tomlin to say, per NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala: "Certainly Rex is a guy I consider a friend ... But I won't be calling him this week."

Said Tomlin: "Our ills from last week need to be rectified and rectified quickly. We have to bounce back like championship caliber teams do," adding that Sunday's tilt with the Browns is about "getting the stench off us."

The Steelers have to like their chances for a win against Cleveland. They've faced off during Week 17 in five of the past seven seasons, with Pittsburgh winning all five.

to read rest of article:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000611945/article/mike-tomlin-steelers-need-to-get-the-stench-off

ALLD
12-29-2015, 07:16 PM
"We have to bounce back like championship caliber teams do."

Mike Tomlin is delusional. More press talk that rings hollow. I can imagine a player hears that and can only think about taking a few months off until next camp.

Craic
12-29-2015, 07:41 PM
"We have to bounce back like championship caliber teams do."

Mike Tomlin is delusional. More press talk that rings hollow. I can imagine a player hears that and can only think about taking a few months off until next camp.

How is that delusional?

Championship caliber teams bounce back from losses. Tomlin's saying the Steelers need to do the same. That's just fact. You seem to be assuming a whole lot more than what he really said.

86WARD
12-29-2015, 08:08 PM
But he says it in a way that makes you think they are already in the playoffs...

st33lersguy
12-29-2015, 08:49 PM
More empty words that mean about as much as a preseason win

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2015, 10:53 PM
Tomlin, we need to get your stench off

plenewken
12-30-2015, 11:29 AM
How is that delusional?

Championship caliber teams bounce back from losses. Tomlin's saying the Steelers need to do the same. That's just fact. You seem to be assuming a whole lot more than what he really said.

Let's face it, we're not a Championship caliber team. Defense wins Championships and ours is not even close. We can't pressure the QB, we can't tackle and we don't create turnovers. That's a losing proposition.

tube517
12-30-2015, 12:02 PM

ALLD
12-30-2015, 02:48 PM
Let's face it, we're not a Championship caliber team. Defense wins Championships and ours is not even close. We can't pressure the QB, we can't tackle and we don't create turnovers. That's a losing proposition.

Championship teams don't need the Bills to win so they can back into the playoffs.

plenewken
12-30-2015, 02:55 PM
Championship teams don't need the Bills to win so they can back into the playoffs.

True too, nor do Championship teams finish 3-3 (if not 2-4) in their division, especially the AFC North.

BigBen2004
12-30-2015, 03:00 PM
But he says it in a way that makes you think they are already in the playoffs...

Because it's rigged. Tomlin already knows what will happen. Pittsburgh and Cincinnati will be a far more interesting playoff game than the Jets and Cincy. Higher ratings, more money.

Totally kidding here, but part of me wouldn't be surprised

ALLD
12-30-2015, 05:34 PM
Because it's rigged. Tomlin already knows what will happen. Pittsburgh and Cincinnati will be a far more interesting playoff game than the Jets and Cincy. Higher ratings, more money.

Totally kidding here, but part of me wouldn't be surprised

Totally plausible. Let's watch and see for ourselves.

teegre
12-30-2015, 09:14 PM

The 2010 Packers needed an implausible DeSean Jackson punt return to get into the playoffs.

But, you're right: he was an Eagle (not a Bill).

zoneblitzerII
01-02-2016, 07:47 PM
Can't have a stench about on the golf course.