PDA

View Full Version : I'm thinking of joining the tea party.

zulater
09-06-2010, 08:07 PM
http://www.infowars.com/globalist-soros-launches-frontal-assault-against-tea-party/

Sometimes who a groups enemies are tells me more about them than who their members are. I despise Soros and his ilk, who believe in the right to free speech, just so long as you're saying exactly what they want you to say.:jerkit:

Anyway I've been fairly a-political of late, but the fact that the tea Party has provoked such a strong responce from all the assholes I despise most give me pause for thought. :scratchchin:

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 08:11 PM
I despise Soros and his ilk, who believe in the right to free speech, just so long as you're saying exactly what they want you to say.:jerkit:

Liberals will fight to their death for your right to agree with them.

GBMelBlount
09-06-2010, 08:12 PM
Nice post Zulater.

If I am not mistaken the tea party members simply believe in the principles this great country was founded upon.

Is this correct?

smokin3000gt
09-06-2010, 08:31 PM
Nice post Zulater.

If I am not mistaken the tea party members simply believe in the principles this great country was founded upon.

Is this correct?

NO! They are RACIST & EXTREMIST because they don't agree with the president or pelosi!

BPS3akaWirels3
09-06-2010, 08:37 PM
NO! They are RACIST & EXTREMIST because they don't agree with the president or pelosi!

Sounds good to me then.. Sign me up.. The tea party is fighting what our country and what it was founded on..

SteelerEmpire
09-06-2010, 08:54 PM
They'd have to be around a whole lot longer for me to consider them in any important fashion. Its easier to "walk to the planet Mars" than for a political party in the USA to get established.

GBMelBlount
09-06-2010, 08:59 PM
They'd have to be around a whole lot longer for me to consider them in any important fashion. Its easier to "walk to the planet Mars" than for a political party in the USA to get established.

I would imagine there are those who would join simply on principle empire regardless of their perceived "importance" or relevance in the eyes of many.

Let me ask you friend, do you believe in the principles this country was founded upon? Freedom & liberty.

Godfather
09-06-2010, 09:06 PM
Check out whichever organizations are in your area. A lot of different, unrelated organizations use the Tea Party name in one form or another.

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 09:09 PM
I was excited about the tea party early on, thinking Americans had woken up to the fact that they've been sold out by both parties. But the tea party movement was hijacked by the Republican establishment. What started off as something that could have pushed our country back in the right direction has turned into nothing more than the activist arm of the GOP.

GBMelBlount
09-06-2010, 09:23 PM
But the tea party movement was hijacked by the Republican establishment. What started off as something that could have pushed our country back in the right direction has turned into nothing more than the activist arm of the GOP.

Really? How unfortunate if that is the case. The purity of the principles on which this country was founded seems to lost in partisan politics on both sides imo.

SteelerEmpire
09-06-2010, 09:25 PM
I would imagine there are those who would join simply on principle empire regardless of their perceived "importance" or relevance in the eyes of many.

Let me ask you friend, do you believe in the principles this country was founded upon? Freedom & liberty.

Yes. But I suppose they (the tea party) can at the very least be used as a "tool" to get a message across to the political establishment. I figure, at least right now at its origin, there are noble intentions regarding the tea parties core message. But with all power, comes corruption. The mere "physics" of governing is deviant in itself. If or when this new party gains some form of footing in Washington, then what? What is their plan ? What makes them so better than what we already have ? Are they led by some genius who out-thinks both Dems and Repubs ? Who is their leader anyway? "Every" politician that tried to change Washington in the past has only attained a temporary, band-aid fix at best to whatever was considered wrong with the nation at that time. So many have tried in the past, but the very fact that we look around and find that we have a need for a "tea party" at all lets me know the chances of real change (change for the better)... is slim to none.
There's an old Jewish saying that goes,"If you are at work on something and someone yells out, "the Messiah has come, the Messiah has come !" Finish with what your working on first, then go check on the Messiah.

GBMelBlount
09-06-2010, 09:35 PM
Originally Posted by GBMelBlount

Yes.

I do as well...and I agree with everything else you say, unfortunately, but I guess we must always keep fighting for what we believe in, right?

steelerdude15
09-06-2010, 09:39 PM
And in George Washington's farewell speech, he stated that political parties would affect this country horribly... O George, how correct you were.

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 09:45 PM
Really? How unfortunate if that is the case. The purity of the principles on which this country was founded seems to lost in partisan politics on both sides imo.

The very thing that made the tea party legitimate is the same thing that led to its undoing. It started off as a grassroots movement of Americans who were angry with government, both Democrats and Republicans. But the tea party never had an organizational structure, so that allowed opportunistic Republicans to move in and claim it. That's why Sarah Palin has become the tea party's darling. The Republicans have taken over the movement.

And I'm a Republican. But first and foremost I'm an American. And I think BOTH parties have sold us out, and quite frankly I'm tired of both of them. And THAT'S what the tea party was supposed to be about ... Americans standing up against the government and saying, "ENOUGH!"

GBMelBlount
09-06-2010, 10:37 PM
I'm a Republican. But first and foremost I'm an American. And I think BOTH parties have sold us out, and quite frankly I'm tired of both of them. And THAT'S what the tea party was supposed to be about ... Americans standing up against the government and saying, "ENOUGH!"

By Republican I am assuming you are talking about in principle....even "conservative" perhaps. If that is the case I understand your concern. It seems to me that that there is a big difference between what we are told in principle by our politicians vs. how they actually govern.

Whether in government or the private sector, people tend to look out for their own interests...and just as liberals rail against the unfairness of capitalism and free markets, my argument will always be that those in government exploit us in the same way for their own benefit and need to be carefully regulated as well....just as our founding fathers believed...

In many cases, giving the the government unchecked powers in order to "protect" us from the "greed" inherent in freedom and capitalism is no different than putting the fox in charge of the hen house....

At least that's how I feel.

But then again, I like Brett Favre...

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 10:44 PM
By Republican I am assuming you are talking about in principle....even "conservative" perhaps. If that is the case I understand your concern. It seems to me that that there is a big difference between what we are told in principle by our politicians vs. how they actually govern.

Whether in government or the private sector, people tend to look out for their own interests...and just as liberals rail against the unfairness of capitalism and free markets, my argument will always be that those in government exploit us in the same way for their own benefit and need to be carefully regulated as well....just as our founding fathers believed...

In many cases, giving the the government unchecked powers in order to "protect" us from the "greed" inherent in freedom and capitalism is no different than putting the fox in charge of the hen house....

At least that's how I feel.

But then again, I like Brett Favre...

Yeah, I've had a few beers and slipped up. I used to be a proud Republican. But no longer. I'm a conservative, but picking a Republican over a Democrat is like choosing the lesser of two evils. Everything you said is spot on, GB. Well, except the Favre part.

GBMelBlount
09-06-2010, 10:48 PM
Yeah, I've had a few beers and slipped up. I used to be a proud Republican. But no longer. I'm a conservative, but picking a Republican over a Democrat is like choosing the lesser of two evils. Everything you said I believe is spot on, GB. Well, except the Favre part.

Thank you friend. :alcohol:

I tend to agree, unfortunately.

...but as far as Favre is concerned, we will agree to disagree. :chuckle:

Wallace108
09-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Thank you friend. :alcohol:

I tend to agree, unfortunately.

...but as far as Favre is concerned, we will agree to disagree. :chuckle:

Cripes, I'm so frustrated with our elected officials that I'd vote for Favre if he ran for president. :doh: He couldn't do any worse. :noidea:

cold-hard-steel
09-07-2010, 12:14 AM
I'm gonna start a coffee party, then i'll move up to a beer party,who knows how far it can go. LOL. Sorry man,it's just hard to fight for things that you have no control over.

silver & black
09-07-2010, 06:08 AM
I'm gonna start a coffee party, then i'll move up to a beer party,who knows how far it can go. LOL. Sorry man,it's just hard to fight for things that you have no control over.

Forget the Coffee Party and start with the Beer Party... the chances of success are much greater. :yup:

venom
09-07-2010, 09:52 AM
Forget the Coffee Party and start with the Beer Party... the chances of success are much greater. :yup:

Make sure you have stripper poles in that party ,lol

cold-hard-steel
09-07-2010, 10:35 AM
you know,thats not a bad idea.I may start with the beer party,then we can switch to the coffee party.good hot colombian coffee for everyone.I can call it the BPCCP! "Beer party colombian coffee party"
Man that is radical!!!! Lets get a vote on it.

GodfatherofSoul
09-07-2010, 03:06 PM
http://www.infowars.com/globalist-soros-launches-frontal-assault-against-tea-party/

Sometimes who a groups enemies are tells me more about them than who their members are. I despise Soros and his ilk, who believe in the right to free speech, just so long as you're saying exactly what they want you to say.:jerkit:

Anyway I've been fairly a-political of late, but the fact that the tea Party has provoked such a strong responce from all the assholes I despise most give me pause for thought. :scratchchin:

By that simplistic logic, who would you pick between these groups?

Russians or Al Qaeda
Tutsis or Hutus
Shia or Sunni Muslims
Al Qaeda or Iran

NJarhead
09-07-2010, 03:38 PM

Russians or Al Qaeda
Tutsis or Hutus
Shia or Sunni Muslims
Al Qaeda or Iran

You compare Russians with Al Qaeda and Tutsis with Hutus while citing simplicity???? And, lemme guess, you want to be taken seriously to boot.

:jerkit: :coffee:

GodfatherofSoul
09-07-2010, 04:38 PM
That's sarcasm friend.

NJarhead
09-07-2010, 05:52 PM
That's sarcasm friend.
I don't think it was. I read your other 12 posts before responding and with the exception of Poteat being the worst Steeler (which I think I may agree with), they all seemed condescending and snooty to me; as if you were trying to "educate the rest of us peasants." I know sarcasm and I'm a pretty funny mofo, so I'd hate to think I missed the joke. And again, I don't believe I did.

zulater
09-07-2010, 08:47 PM
I don't think it was. I read your other 12 posts before responding and with the exception of Poteat being the worst Steeler (which I think I may agree with), they all seemed condescending and snooty to me; as if you were trying to "educate the rest of us peasants." I know sarcasm and I'm a pretty funny mofo, so I'd hate to think I missed the joke. And again, I don't believe I did.

I think you got that "mofo" pegged pretty well war den.:yup:

JonM229
09-07-2010, 09:02 PM
That's sarcasm friend.

He's not your fwend, buddy
http://img.youtube.com/vi/VqkN8XsYtJI/0.jpg

GBMelBlount
09-07-2010, 09:23 PM

Russians or Al Qaeda
Tutsis or Hutus
Shia or Sunni Muslims
Al Qaeda or Iran

I am assuming you are simply debating his reasoning....not the core beliefs of the tea party.

NJarhead
09-07-2010, 09:25 PM
I think you got that "mofo" pegged pretty well war den.:yup:
Thank you?

NJarhead
09-07-2010, 09:26 PM
He's not your fwend, buddy

..and Jon, the next time you tell me to "shut my dirty whore mouth," you're getting a swift kick to the box. :chuckle:

JonM229
09-07-2010, 09:48 PM
..and Jon, the next time you tell me to "shut my dirty whore mouth," you're getting a swift kick to the box. :chuckle:

Shut your dirty whore mouth

NJarhead
09-07-2010, 09:54 PM
Shut your dirty whore mouth

You little fat bastard, you're dead!

GodfatherofSoul
09-08-2010, 01:46 AM
I am assuming you are simply debating his reasoning....not the core beliefs of the tea party.

Thank you. Someone got the point. For the slower members of the forum, if you're making the argument that the enemy of your enemy is your friend, you're going to put yourself in some pretty awful company (I just gave some examples).

NJarhead
09-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Thank you. Someone got the point. For the slower members of the forum, if you're making the argument that the enemy of your enemy is your friend, you're going to put yourself in some pretty awful company (I just gave some examples).

So I was right, you are a smart ass.

GodfatherofSoul
09-08-2010, 09:48 AM
So I was right, you are a smart ass.

You took the first shot. Don't cry about it when I fire back. You want this to be a "conservatives only" forum, then post a clear sign at the door and I'll leave.

X-Terminator
09-08-2010, 09:52 AM
Let's keep it clean, boys.

NJarhead
09-08-2010, 12:13 PM
You took the first shot. Don't cry about it when I fire back. You want this to be a "conservatives only" forum, then post a clear sign at the door and I'll leave.

No, I as pointed out to you in the first post, you seem to have some "holier than thou" attitude like you're here to educate us dumb folks. Do you need a sign to explain THAT to you? What color crayon would you like me to use?

zulater
09-08-2010, 12:42 PM

I was being somewhat facetious with the original post. The truth is anything Soros and his Hollywood a-listers are against I'm at least going to give some pause for thought towards. I'm really not planning on running out and joining a tea party "convention" or whatever they call their meetings tommorow. But given the fact that Soros is putting his considerable weight behind their undoing I'm at least going to give their platform a more carefull look and consider the candidates they put forth before going to the voting booth.

And you know what, the tea party isn't the Taliban, it's not the Nazi party or the KKK like the left wants you to believe. Being identified with it isn't a sign of intolerance, ingrained bigotry or ignorance. It's no more a shamefull association than any other hack political party we have in this country, included but not limited to the Democrats, the Republicans, the NAACP, NOW, the John Birch society etc....

GodfatherofSoul
09-08-2010, 01:50 PM
Soros has no more control over liberals than the Koch family has over the Tea Party; and they were providing the transportation.

GodfatherofSoul
09-08-2010, 01:51 PM
So, by that logic, when you start insulting someone after their first post (not even directed at you), you're really just pointing out the facts to them?

GodfatherofSoul
09-08-2010, 02:19 PM
And you know what, the tea party isn't the Taliban, it's not the Nazi party or the KKK like the left wants you to believe. Being identified with it isn't a sign of intolerance, ingrained bigotry or ignorance. It's no more a shamefull association than any other hack political party we have in this country, included but not limited to the Democrats, the Republicans, the NAACP, NOW, the John Birch society etc....

I think a large portion of the Tea Party movement is racist though not all. Not because they don't like Obama, hey I'm pissed off at the guy and I'm a hard core Democrat. But, because of what they've done and said. You can go look up the signs they've had posted at their rallies that no one objected to. Beck had to BAN signs from his rally to prevent more of what you know would have shown up. You can look at YouTube videos of crazy crap people say on stage to thunderous applause. And, you can point out contradictions in their own arguments. They're called the "Tea Party" because they were supposedly against taxes. But, when they finally figured out that tax rates are the lowest since the WWII era, then they quietly shifted to being against the deficit. No "Thanks Obama" for tax breaks or anything. No "yay we won". Just, more seething anger.

Also, throw in all the insane conspiracy theories they've latched on to. Obama the Muslim, fascist, communist, Kenyan born, Manchurian candidate who wants to kill your grandmother to get her off the government payroll. They believe that stuff because they just want a reason to hate the guy, facts be damned. And, I live in Kansas where people (under the anonymity of the internet) are quite open about saying they hate the idea of a Black supervisor; never mind President!

NJarhead
09-08-2010, 02:51 PM
So, by that logic, when you start insulting someone after their first post (not even directed at you), you're really just pointing out the facts to them?
You tell me, oh great and powerful Oz.

venom
09-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Allah , Im counting the days until Obama is gone . He makes Jimmy Carter look like a super star .

GBMelBlount
09-08-2010, 04:19 PM
I think a large portion of the Tea Party movement is racist though not all.

That's really not saying much Godfather. The concern I have is that a lot of people that can't challenge the core beliefs of a group, such as the tea party, will take a vast minority of extremists and paint them as the majority as I sense you are doing here.

Just being honest.

I have a question for you Godfather, do you disagree with their core beliefs in an accountable, controlled government that lives within its means and does not grossly infringe on the rights and freedoms of individuals through over regulation, removing choice, and forcing massive wealth redistribution?

SteelerEmpire
09-08-2010, 04:26 PM
I think a large portion of the Tea Party movement is racist though not all. Not because they don't like Obama, hey I'm pissed off at the guy and I'm a hard core Democrat. But, because of what they've done and said. You can go look up the signs they've had posted at their rallies that no one objected to. Beck had to BAN signs from his rally to prevent more of what you know would have shown up. You can look at YouTube videos of crazy crap people say on stage to thunderous applause. And, you can point out contradictions in their own arguments. They're called the "Tea Party" because they were supposedly against taxes. But, when they finally figured out that tax rates are the lowest since the WWII era, then they quietly shifted to being against the deficit. No "Thanks Obama" for tax breaks or anything. No "yay we won". Just, more seething anger.

Also, throw in all the insane conspiracy theories they've latched on to. Obama the Muslim, fascist, communist, Kenyan born, Manchurian candidate who wants to kill your grandmother to get her off the government payroll. They believe that stuff because they just want a reason to hate the guy, facts be damned. And, I live in Kansas where people (under the anonymity of the internet) are quite open about saying they hate the idea of a Black supervisor; never mind President!

Sad but true (Of course, some people in the tea party are like that, and some are not). If you look at the big picture, everybody hates everybody. If you look at the biggest (and best) picture we have. Everyone came from the same family in the beginning. So actually, were ALL related... weather it be from "lucy" (man's oldest ancestor) in Africa or Adam and Eve (if you prefer to go by the biblical perspective). Maybe we should define ourselves from that perspective... would save on a whole lot of unnecessary energies being wasted.

cold-hard-steel
09-08-2010, 05:52 PM
You just wait until i organize the BEER PARTY. Then we will do some talkin,and hashin out the real issues.

NJarhead
09-08-2010, 06:12 PM
You just wait until i organize the BEER PARTY. Then we will do some talkin,and hashin out the real issues.
Didn't Obama already beat you to that one?

Hint: "The Police acted stupidly."

GodfatherofSoul
09-08-2010, 06:14 PM
I have a question for you Godfather, do you disagree with their core beliefs in an accountable, controlled government that lives within its means and does not grossly infringe on the rights and freedoms of individuals through over regulation, removing choice, and forcing massive wealth redistribution?

This touches on my big problem with the Tea Party. If they were about some fundamental belief, then I'd have no problem with them. But, that's not what it's about. You can't say you're for personal freedoms, then cheer on the Patriot Act, banning abortion, or banning prayer rooms in rec centers if they're too close to Ground Zero. Even the NAME of the Tea Party is a contradiction because taxes have been going down (they never were going up). When I look at all those contradictions wrapped up in one group and the pathological ability to ignore facts when they get in the way of ideology, I see the Tea Party as nothing but a hater club.

GodfatherofSoul
09-08-2010, 06:16 PM
Didn't Obama already beat you to that one?

Hint: "The Police acted stupidly."

This is another one of those contradictions. You're for personal freedom, but you're also FOR cops arresting people in their own homes for no good reason (remember the cop already knew who the professor was at the time of the arrest). Add to that the background audio and the next door neighbor's account contradict the cop's story.

X-Terminator
09-08-2010, 06:36 PM

Any time you get a large group of anyone together, you're going to attract undesirables. That's just the nature of the beast. It's up to the organizers to make sure that those people don't end up defining the movement. I personally do not believe the Tea Party Movement, as a whole, is racist, but it certainly does attract them, and those people must be weeded out immediately if they want to be given the respect they feel they deserve.

NJarhead
09-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Any time you get a large group of anyone together, you're going to attract undesirables. That's just the nature of the beast. It's up to the organizers to make sure that those people don't end up defining the movement. I personally do not believe the Tea Party Movement, as a whole, is racist, but it certainly does attract them, and those people must be weeded out immediately if they want to be given the respect they feel they deserve.
In the Marines we call it "that 10% of shit birds." ...and yes, every group has them.

GBMelBlount
09-08-2010, 09:04 PM
This touches on my big problem with the Tea Party.

You can't say you're for personal freedoms, then.... cheer on....banning abortion...... I see the Tea Party as nothing but a hater club.

I see, so can I assume you feel forcing people against abortion to pay for them is not infringing on their personal freedoms?....

I am also wondering if you, like Obama, have favored partial birth abortion which is literally the murdering of an infant at birth, piercing the base of it's skull and sucking it's brain out at birth, and forcing those against it to pay for it.

If you feel that tea party supporters are "nothing but a hater club" for not supporting this then that indeed is your right.

I think if we FOCUS on the primary message (and stop hating the supposed haters) it is hard to argue that government plundering and massive deficits is better for this country than the principles it was founded upon.....freedom, liberty, low taxes and free markets.

The problem I see with government solutions, friend, is at some point you are going to run out of other peoples money.....and trample on individual's rights and freedoms in the mean time.

Would you not agree?

GodfatherofSoul
09-09-2010, 09:48 AM
I see, so can I assume you feel forcing people against abortion to pay for them is not infringing on their personal freedoms?....

I am also wondering if you, like Obama, have favored partial birth abortion which is literally the murdering of an infant at birth, piercing the base of it's skull and sucking it's brain out at birth, and forcing those against it to pay for it.

If you feel that tea party supporters are "nothing but a hater club" for not supporting this then that indeed is your right.

I think if we FOCUS on the primary message (and stop hating the supposed haters) it is hard to argue that government plundering and massive deficits is better for this country than the principles it was founded upon.....freedom, liberty, low taxes and free markets.

The problem I see with government solutions, friend, is at some point you are going to run out of other peoples money.....and trample on individual's rights and freedoms in the mean time.

Would you not agree?

Whether you like it or not abortions do actually have medical justifications. Women sometimes carry dead babies or severely problematic pregnancies that are killing the mother. I think the most common case for late term abortions is when the mother discovers she has advanced cancer and has to immediately begin the harsher chemo therapies (that will kill the baby anyway). I don't know where the moral/ethical argument even comes into this story unless it's from the Right. The Left is arguing for individual freedom on abortion. The Right is the side arguing moral superiority.

And, if you truly hate deficits, why did you wait until the Obama administration to complain? We started deficit spending as soon as Bush took office after Clinton AND a Republican Congress balanced the budget and had us in the black. Again, another one of my Tea Party complaints. There was no outcry against unbalanced budgets until it was the other guys in power doing it. The Tea Party went from wanting tax cuts to wanting a deficit control. Now, how do you reconcile those two gripes? You want to take money out of the government coffers, but you want to complain when there's less money in the government coffers?

I hear all these Tea Party canned rhetorical statements like "trample on individual's rights and freedoms." Did you ever complain about Bush declaring the right to imprison American citizens indefinitely or spy on Americans without warrants? No, the pre-Tea Party crowd was mocking those "hippies" that dared speak out.

This is what I mean by contradictions.

GBMelBlount
09-09-2010, 11:30 AM
This is what I mean by contradictions.

I understand your point. But I think you spend way too much time bashing conservatives and tea party participaters rather than focusing on the solutions to the problem....after all, we DO agree on the primary problems, right?

In other words I am telling you Godfather, that I, as a conservative, will vote conservative based on the principles of freedom, liberty, free markets and a controlled government that is accountable.

What do I see when I read what you write godfather....someone who rather than agreeing on the problem AND talking about solutions, focuses on throwing stones at conservatives (which I do understand you point) and being completely prejudice because it is the only way to justify being a liberal....."because conservatives are no better"....again, that is just how it appears to me based on what I've read.

Nothing I enjoy more than a good debate and I look forward to more! :drink:

zulater
09-09-2010, 12:05 PM
I know a lot or Republicans that had problems with GWB's fiscal policies, hell that goes for his dad too, who convincingly won a popular war but was voted out of office for breaking his no new taxes pledge. The lukewarm responce of the conservative base to John McCain was as much about the thought of McCain continuing on with the fiscal policies of GWB as anything.

Devilsdancefloor
09-09-2010, 12:18 PM
I know a lot or Republicans that had problems with GWB's fiscal policies, hell that goes for his dad too, who convincingly won a popular war but was voted out of office for breaking his no new taxes pledge. The lukewarm responce of the conservative base to John McCain was as much about the thought of McCain continuing on with the fiscal policies of GWB as anything.

yes i was one of those conservatives worried about McCain and continuing some of the fiscal policies of bus, but also wanting to make the libs happy and giving them what they want.

urgle burgle
09-16-2010, 03:30 AM
the hypocrisy that begat the hypocrisy that is the hypocrisy of hypocrisy. name me a political party that, in many ways is not hypocritical......and there you go. the tea party has some good ideas, but i don't trust any politicla party.
everybody screams about the hypocrisy of the other, or others. one here blasts the tea party for blatant hypocrisy and rhetorical gibber gabber, but is a hard core democrat. that in itself is funny. most posters on here at least admit the great hypocrisy that was the republican party of the recent past, that is why they are looking for another way. i'm just getting real tired of being labeled a hypocritical, bigoted, prejudiced, islamophobe, gay-bashing, racist ignorant fool. tends to get annoying and tedious. and if the big thng of saying the t-party is racist due to their signs and some crazies, i guess some on here were in a cave for the eight yrs. of bush. but i digress. come up with some reasoned rational supported arguments that can be discussed and debated. not the same tired worn out tripe that is spewn from all sides day after day, and decade after decade. remember all straw men can be burned to the ground with but a match.