PDA

View Full Version : Steelers will make playoffs after Bills beat Jets next week

ETL
12-27-2015, 03:45 PM
I'm pretty pissed right now over how this team played today and how poorly Ben played.

I expect them them to beat CLE next week because they play well when they have less pressure on them ( just like most pussy teams in he NFL) and I expect the Bills to beat the Jets at home - just because I think it will happen.

I don't know how far the Steelers will go in he playoffs but hell - getting in will be the first hurdle. And who knows - because this team specializes in playing well with nothing to lose - they may do well enough.

st33lersguy
12-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Bills will not beat the overrated Jets

polamalubeast
12-27-2015, 03:46 PM
NO way

BigBen2004
12-27-2015, 03:47 PM
I can see Rex Ryan salivating at the chance to knock them out. There's still hope. But, it's very dim.

polamalubeast
12-27-2015, 03:49 PM
I can see Rex Ryan salivating at the chance to knock them out. There's still hope. But, it's very dim.

Rex has lost his team....

86WARD
12-27-2015, 03:50 PM
In Buffalo?

BigBen2004
12-27-2015, 03:51 PM
In Buffalo

ETL
12-27-2015, 03:53 PM
In Buffalo?

Yes. In Buffalo. Rex has a ton of motivation to win this game

lipps83
12-27-2015, 04:00 PM
It shouldn't even come down to that happening. Steelers need to do their own due diligence first, and they can't.

#FIRE TOMLIN
#JET FUEL CAN"T MELT STEEL BEAMS

Psycho Ward 86
12-27-2015, 04:10 PM
It shouldn't even come down to that happening. Steelers need to do their own due diligence first, and they can't.

#FIRE TOMLIN
#JET FUEL CAN"T MELT STEEL BEAMS

ok this cheers up a little bit after that loss :lol:

ALLD
12-27-2015, 04:13 PM
Instincts tell me Cleveland is not a gimme win after today's lovely performance.

SteelerFanInStl
12-27-2015, 04:15 PM
Cleveland hung tough with KC today.

Shoes
12-27-2015, 04:19 PM
Instincts tell me Cleveland is not a gimme win after today's lovely performance.

This is Tomlins forte, *December* and the Steelers are playing struggling teams. The results are the same.

ALLD
12-27-2015, 04:35 PM
This is Tomlins forte, *December* and the Steelers are playing struggling teams. The results are the same.

Same with the Dolphins in Miami. There might not be a change of seasons, but you can see the December fade for yourself.

ETL
12-27-2015, 04:35 PM

i agree but I think the Steelers will still win. I think the Buffalo game for the Jets will be like it was for be Steelers today. Everyone expects the Jets to win - they are on a high after today's win just like we were last week after beating the Broncos. But just like the steelers today the Jets will be playing a division foe on the road - a foe with nothing to lose.

fansince'76
12-27-2015, 04:37 PM
Sucks having to depend on someone else. Bring on Jobu!

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/65c8f7_5976ad556ada4a07a9ddde122edcd1ea.png

ETL
12-27-2015, 04:38 PM
Jobu?

Drazo85
12-27-2015, 04:44 PM
Jobu?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsjoFZEwAyI

Devilsdancefloor
12-27-2015, 05:00 PM
ugly today but i think they get in

SteelMayhem72
12-27-2015, 05:07 PM
admire your optimism but lets be real...if we do sneak in our D will shit the bed just like our offense did too so one and done

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

BnG_Hevn
12-27-2015, 05:12 PM
They are too inconsistent, that's what irritates me.

steelreserve
12-27-2015, 05:18 PM
Ah yes ... the old depending on a losing team to win a meaningless game at the end of a season so that you can get in. One of my favorite pastimes.

hawaiiansteeler
12-27-2015, 05:25 PM

nothing would make a Cleveland Browns fan happier, they love to wallow in other people's misery...

zoneblitzerII
12-27-2015, 05:56 PM
I can't think of a group of guys more undeserving to get in. All year long they've blown it to dub .500 teams. Today was the last straw. To come out with zero intensity, passion, focus and execution is in excusable. It points to their lack of internal motivation. A self-motivated team would have that hunger to get into the playoffs. These guys? They just don't give a shit evidently. As Mike likes to say, they've put it on tape.

lipps83
12-27-2015, 05:59 PM
This team isn't as good as their record shows.

They had three straight games against division leaders, WHO HAD TO PLAY THEIR BACKUP QB. Colts/Bengals/Broncos. They looked better than they actually are.

Today they were too busy reading all their own headlines to show up against the Ravens.

EzraTank
12-27-2015, 06:02 PM
Seahawks laying an egg today as well against a divisional opponent. Both of these teams were the "hottest" in their Conferences.

hawaiiansteeler
12-27-2015, 06:02 PM
Ah yes ... the old depending on a losing team to win a meaningless game at the end of a season so that you can get in. One of my favorite pastimes.

“Our first charge is to handle our own business and we haven’t done that consistently enough to look outside our own house.”

katmandu
12-27-2015, 06:08 PM
NO wayI agree 100% !!

If the Steelers show up in Cleveland like they showed up today, there is NO WAY the Steelers beat them !

hawaiiansteeler
12-27-2015, 06:11 PM
I agree 100% !!

If the Steelers show up in Cleveland like they showed up today, there is NO WAY the Steelers beat them !

and just like Ryan Mallett, Johnny Eightball is a GREAT QB!!!

86WARD
12-27-2015, 06:13 PM
Beat the Browns and the Jets lose or Beat the Browns and the Broncos lose to the Bungels and Chargers and the Steelers are in...

katmandu
12-27-2015, 06:13 PM
I can't think of a group of guys more undeserving to get in. All year long they've blown it to dub .500 teams. Today was the last straw. To come out with zero intensity, passion, focus and execution is in excusable. It points to their lack of internal motivation. A self-motivated team would have that hunger to get into the playoffs. These guys? They just don't give a shit evidently. As Mike likes to say, they've put it on tape......and WHO exactly is responsible for getting their Internal motivation kicked into high gear ??

Hmm ?

Now who would that be.... ??

EzraTank
12-27-2015, 06:17 PM
Don't forget if the Bronco's lose out we will still get in as well and they're out. They have the Bengals tomorrow and the Chargers at home to close the season. Their offense looks lost outside of that first half against us.

So if they Jets lose next week and/or the Broncos lose out we get in and KC would win their division.

Today's lose totally sucked because the #5 WC seed gets a cake walk first game on the road against the Colts or Texans.

stillers4me
12-27-2015, 06:23 PM
.....and WHO exactly is responsible for getting their Internal motivation kicked into high gear ??

Hmm ?

Now who would that be.... ??

And why do grown men making millions of dollars need anybody to motivate them to win a game that clinches the playoffs or any other game for that matter.

You all act like Tomlin throws the playbook at them on Tuesday and says " Call me if you have any questions".

86WARD
12-27-2015, 06:23 PM
And why do grown men making millions of dollars need anybody to motivate them to win a game that clinches the playoffs or any other game for that matter.

You all act like Tomlin throws the playbook at them on Tuesday and says " Call me if you have any questions".

I'm not sure he does that Tuesday...maybe Friday?? ;)

katmandu
12-27-2015, 06:27 PM
Johnny Eightball is a GREAT QB!!!The Steeler's secondary will MAKE him look great! That's for damn sure !

- - - Updated - - -

#JET FUEL CAN"T MELT STEEL BEAMSNo, it can't but it can and did make them weak enough to BEND and collapse a couple skyscrapers. That's just science.

The great thing about science is it doesn't give a SHITTT what you believe.

SteelMayhem72
12-27-2015, 06:27 PM
im just ready for the next season to begin

st33lersguy
12-27-2015, 06:28 PM
The Pats intentionally threw the game to the Jets just to hurt the Steelers but if you get swept by the Ratbirds you don't deserve to make the playoffs and wouldn't make it that far anyway especially with this defense

hawaiiansteeler
12-27-2015, 06:29 PM
The Steeler's secondary will MAKE him look great! That's for damn sure !

yeah, Manziel was 33/45 for 372 yards the last game against us...

ETL
12-27-2015, 06:40 PM
Bills consider next next week game against the Jets as their super bowl

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/27/boobie-dixon-jets-game-is-our-super-bowl/

st33lersguy
12-27-2015, 07:06 PM
The Pats intentionally threw the game to the Jets just to hurt the Steelers but if you get swept by the Ratbirds you don't deserve to make the playoffs and wouldn't make it that far anyway especially with this defense

On second thought I take that back. Come to think of it, the Pats would probably rather play the Steelers with that awful defense than the Jets who always play them tough and give them fits. Just a brain fart somewhere

86WARD
12-27-2015, 07:27 PM
Bills consider next next week game against the Jets as their super bowl

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/27/boobie-dixon-jets-game-is-our-super-bowl/

Well that's a start...lol.

vader29
12-27-2015, 08:25 PM
Can also get in with a win against the Browns and two Denver losses, have to wish for the Bungles to win tomorrow night. :yuck:

lipps83
12-27-2015, 08:44 PM
No, it can't but it can and did make them weak enough to BEND and collapse a couple skyscrapers. That's just science.

The great thing about science is it doesn't give a SHITTT what you believe.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPyZEJkqJ3sIqmJmU_HNcRpvxpFM4rz 74eFOcoOa5xHpnKmZMAlg

NCSteeler
12-27-2015, 08:45 PM
Like it matters. We found get in with a well prepared but easy win against a totally beat up Ravens loser, full of players that were walking the streets a few weeks ago

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lipps83
12-27-2015, 08:47 PM

Some people act like that is more than he has done. They probably feel he has a stack of the playbooks in his office and emailed everyone@steelers.com to pick them up themselves.

#FIRE MIKE TOMLIN
#JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

fansince'76
12-27-2015, 08:49 PM
This team isn't as good as their record shows.

They had three straight games against division leaders, WHO HAD TO PLAY THEIR BACKUP QB. Colts/Bengals/Broncos. They looked better than they actually are.

Yet good old Yinzer Nation expects the Steelers to be world beaters when they're FORCED TO TROT OUT THEIR 3RD AND 4TH STRING QBS FOR A QUARTER OF THE SEASON. Goes both ways...

dduc996
12-27-2015, 08:50 PM
It's better to lose now. With help from Buffalo it was highly unlikely the Steelers were going to have a win streak clear to the superbowl - then lose.

BigBen2004
12-27-2015, 09:03 PM
After cooling off, I have changed my tune a bit.

I do believe the Bills will beat the Jets. I think Ryan wants to send them home, more than anything.
The question is; Will we beat Cleveland? I think so, but, this team could just fold now thinking hope is lost.

If we win, I believe we'll make the playoffs. But this team is not good enough to legitimately contend for a Super Bowl.

Having said that, I believe we'll win the Super Bowl next season. With health, a top drafted CB, and a maturing defense, the sky is the limit.

NCSteeler
12-27-2015, 09:10 PM
Yet good old Yinzer Nation expects the Steelers to be world beaters when they're FORCED TO TROT OUT THEIR 3RD AND 4TH STRING QBS FOR A QUARTER OF THE SEASON. Goes both ways...

We trotted out our best QB today to a terrible embarrassment

86WARD
12-27-2015, 09:40 PM
We trotted out our best QB today to a terrible embarrassment

What was Ben's QB-Rating compared to Vick's in the October contest? Similar?

katmandu
12-27-2015, 09:41 PM

You all act like Tomlin throws the playbook at them on Tuesday and says " Call me if you have any questions".It's sad but perhaps some are to busy spending all that loot or too distracted to stay focused on the task at hand. After all, most are Millennials. Some of these kids need their asses chewed on once in awhile. I don't care how much money the make.

I'll say this about Tomlin. He ain't no Coach Cowher.

https://thenorthendzone.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/61569_billcowher.jpg

ETL
12-27-2015, 10:20 PM
I've cooled off too. And drank some Kool-Aid as well.

Weeze gonna win the Soooper Bowl!!!

ya hear it hear first!

- - - Updated - - -

I'll say this about Tomlin. He ain't no Coach Cowher.

https://thenorthendzone.files.wordpress.com/2007/01/61569_billcowher.jpg

i'm not gonna lie. I could not stand Cowher's playing not to lose mentality. I would take Tomlin over cowher. Sorry

katmandu
12-27-2015, 10:32 PM
I believe we'll win the Super Bowl next season. With health, a top drafted CB, and a maturing defense, the sky is the limit.The sky was the limit at the beginning of this season before the injury monster appeared and at us all up!

http://gifmaker.me/files/download/home/20151227/10/T2rBakq4N73VlBowVejF4A/thumbnail/1.gif

http://gifmaker.me/files/download/home/20151227/10/T2rBakq4N73VlBowVejF4A/thumbnail/1.gif

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GGqJZXeidp8/VbsyUeNbFQI/AAAAAAAAKV4/0BFLDDOqxk4/w426-h349/ThreeStooges-114-1949-WhoDoneIt3.gif

BigBen2004
12-28-2015, 02:52 AM
The sky was the limit at the beginning of this season before the injury monster appeared and at us all up!

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-GGqJZXeidp8/VbsyUeNbFQI/AAAAAAAAKV4/0BFLDDOqxk4/w426-h349/ThreeStooges-114-1949-WhoDoneIt3.gif

Dont give me that crap lol. Nobody thought this team was going to compete for a Super Bowl. People had our defense being worse than last year's. Add on the suspensions, and we were projected to be a 10-6, 11-5 team. Which was a fair prediction.

zoneblitzerII
12-28-2015, 03:16 AM

This. At the end of the day it comes down to the players. I'm starting to think the common denominator is the leadership group or lackthereof. This is heavily on Ben on now. He used to have the Bus and then Ward to lean on. Those days are long gone and the leadership they provided went with them. Ben is THE offensive leader on the team and when it has absolutely mattered most in recent times he has failed to deliver. Case in point: 2:55 left on the clock with 1 timeout to spare. It ends on a 4th and 15 from in their own territory on a short and weak pass. It never used to be like that. That was Ben's money situation. That was when Ben would shine, engineer a drive and will his team to the winning TD. Rarely is that Ben seen anymore. Maybe it's just too much to ask of the guy. He needs those rocks on O like Ward and the Bus. Heath is the only one that comes to mind right now. And they went to him today when they needed to get going.
Whatever it is, it's stale. The approach in critical games and in games they should win is not working. There needs to be some honesty and accountability at the senior levels. Leadership of this team must come into question. And coaches need to find those guys and get them into it. A new coach could bring fresh eyes to the situation and a new way of communicating. Sometimes a coach can only carry the load so far. And I think with Tomlin we've seen this woeful underperformance far too many times. Sometimes a shake-up gets the attention of the players. Leaders like Ben might need that.

cold-hard-steel
12-28-2015, 03:21 AM
The reason we lost is because "Blake the Fake " could not cover a sneeze with his hand , oh wait , he was out of the game .

Drazo85
12-28-2015, 04:52 AM
The reason we lost is because "Blake the Fake " could not cover a sneeze with his hand , oh wait , he was out of the game .
Blake caught Ike Taylor and Cortez Allen virus.

86WARD
12-28-2015, 06:56 AM
I've cooled off too. And drank some Kool-Aid as well.

Weeze gonna win the Soooper Bowl!!!

ya hear it hear first!

- - - Updated - - -

i'm not gonna lie. I could not stand Cowher's playing not to lose mentality. I would take Tomlin over cowher. Sorry

I like Cowher, but he wasn't the great coach everyone makes him out to be. He was good, not great. Having said that, I would take Cowher over Tomlin all things being equal.

86WARD
12-28-2015, 06:57 AM
Dont give me that crap lol. Nobody thought this team was going to compete for a Super Bowl. People had our defense being worse than last year's. Add on the suspensions, and we were projected to be a 10-6, 11-5 team. Which was a fair prediction.

I agree. The defense was supposed to be reeeeeeeally bad and the schedule reeeeeeeeally tough.

st33lersguy
12-28-2015, 10:18 AM
Anyone who thinks Buffalo isn't at lest handing the Jets a win if the Jets struggle is delusional. Oh and the Chargers are going to lose to the Broncos too. My only hope now is that Tomlin gets fired and one top tier CB falls to pick 20

TD's & Beer
12-28-2015, 10:25 AM
Go for 8-8! Tank it for a better draft and hope they get some CB's and a NT. This Defense stinks.

st33lersguy
12-28-2015, 10:26 AM
Go for 8-8! Tank it for a better draft and hope they get some CB's and a NT. This Defense stinks.

They can't finish 8-8, they are 9-6.

TD's & Beer
12-28-2015, 10:28 AM
I don't do math...go for it anyway! Tomlin hasn't won a playoff game in 5 years

Rotorhead
12-28-2015, 11:40 AM

Actually he was not out of the game in the first half when he completely whiffed on a 3rd-4 tackle that would have created a punt, but ended up turning into 3pts for the Ravens . . . which was the margin of victory. So using this as your argument is pretty pathetic. Not to mention AFTER Blake left the game injured, our defense played better (ie the 2nd half).

cold-hard-steel
12-28-2015, 02:07 PM
Yeah , and nothing can be said of the Ravens game plan that could of eliminated us from post season play . The way the offense played in Baltimore we got exactly what we deserved . That is on Ben my friends. Not Tomlin .

cold-hard-steel
12-28-2015, 02:13 PM
Let's face it man the Ravens played like they had something to play for . Series sweep maybe. We did have something to play for and the offense blew that out the window .Not the defense . Well, maybe the Ravens defense did.

steelreserve
12-28-2015, 03:51 PM
Let's face it man the Ravens played like they had something to play for . Series sweep maybe. We did have something to play for and the offense blew that out the window .Not the defense . Well, maybe the Ravens defense did.

I don't think the defense exactly showered itself in glory either. We didn't let them run up the score or anything - but on the other hand, against that bunch of no-names, playing well means you probably hold them to 10 points. We laid a real stink bomb on both sides of the ball if you ask me.

B&GFever
12-28-2015, 04:08 PM
nothing like having your seasons balance in the hands of Rex Ryan......

Steelman
12-28-2015, 04:15 PM
ETL, your optimism truly knows no bounds. :chuckle:

However, I don't feel good about our odds. The Jets are simply better than the Bills and Ryan Fitzpatrick wants the playoffs real bad. The Jets looked like a focused team. The Bills barely beat a hapless Dallas squad.

But any given Sunday, I guess.

fansince'76
12-28-2015, 04:16 PM
nothing like having your seasons balance in the hands of Rex Ryan......

Or we could root for Cincy tonight (gag) and for Denver to also drop next week's game to the Chargers.

ALLD
12-28-2015, 04:50 PM
Broncos could lose to the Bengals, but there is no way they lose to the Chargers. No way, bet the farm.

hawaiiansteeler
12-28-2015, 06:23 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

teegre
12-28-2015, 06:28 PM
Broncos could lose to the Bengals, but there is no way they lose to the Chargers. No way, bet the farm.

If Peyton plays, I'd bet a month's mortgage on the Bolts.

They own him.

SteelerFanInStl
12-28-2015, 06:44 PM

I agree. No way in Hell they lose to the Chargers. The Chargers suck.

86WARD
12-28-2015, 07:47 PM
I agree. No way in Hell they lose to the Chargers. The Chargers suck.

So do the Ravens.

zulater
12-28-2015, 08:35 PM

I wouldn't wager too much on that. For starters the Broncos appear to be in free fall, got that qb controversy thing going on, especially if they get blown out by the Bengals tonight. Plus old time division rivals love nothing more than bringing down their divisional foes. The Chargers will be playing pressure free ball. The Broncos will have the weight of their season on them. Not predicting it. But it could happen. Put it this way if the Steelers do what they're supposed to do between the Jets and the Broncos I wouldn;t be shocked if one of them chokes.

steelreserve
12-28-2015, 08:41 PM
The Broncos look like they have completely lost their shit. Them choking away both games may be the more realistic possibility for us. Still not really counting on either one though.

teegre
12-28-2015, 08:46 PM
Put it this way if the Steelers do what they're supposed to do between the Jets and the Broncos I wouldn;t be shocked if one of them chokes.

100% this!!!!!

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:07 PM
Bengals tie it up at 17 with 6:46 remaining.

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:14 PM
Huge hit by Johnson on Anderson and the Bengals recover with 4:05 remaining.

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:18 PM
Nice play by McCarron. Wow.

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:20 PM
All of a sudden is not looking good for the Bengals after the loss on the bubble screen and McCarron being sacked by Walker. 3rd and very long coming up.

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:23 PM
Bengals have to punt and the Broncos have 1:51 left to go about 40 yards...

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:27 PM
2 big plays to Daniels and the Broncos are in FG range.

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:28 PM
McManus to attempt the FG for the win...

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:29 PM
McManus misses by a mile...big time shank...OVERTIME!!!!

teegre
12-28-2015, 10:30 PM
McManus misses by a mile...big time shank...OVERTIME!!!!

YES!!!!!

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:36 PM
Clutch play on 3rd & 10 by Osweiler to convert to Daniels.

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:37 PM
Idiot Burfict gets a personal foul call...moron.

SteelMayhem72
12-28-2015, 10:39 PM
not gonna matter...cant we just shut the door on this season already...we dont deserve to be in the playoffs yesterday

SteelMayhem72
12-28-2015, 10:39 PM
not gonna matter...cant we just shut the door on this season already...we dont deserve to be in the playoffs yesterday

"after" yesterday

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:40 PM
Nice one handed grab by Thomas to convert on 3rd & 3

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:42 PM
Another nice catch and run by Thomas to get another first down.

teegre
12-28-2015, 10:43 PM
Please, hold the Broncos to a FG...

86WARD
Big hit by Reggie Nelson!

teegre
I'll also take an INT...

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:45 PM
37 yard FG Attempt coming up for Denver on 4th & 9

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:46 PM
Denver takes a 20-17 lead in Overtime. Bengals need to do something here...

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:48 PM
Nice field position to start for the Bengals.

teegre
12-28-2015, 10:48 PM
I'd love a 68 yard TD pass...

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:49 PM
Bengals can't stop the pass rush...

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:51 PM
That looks like that was a fumble.

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:52 PM
Phew...ruled incomplete...

teegre
12-28-2015, 10:52 PM
Phew...ruled incomplete...

I used up my last wish...

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:53 PM
Aaaaaaand that one is definitely a fumble and the Broncos recover and are in the playoffs...

86WARD
12-28-2015, 10:54 PM
Oh well...GO BILLS!

SteelerFanInStl
12-28-2015, 10:56 PM
I didn't even bother to watch the game tonight. After that pathetic showing by the Steelers yesterday, I have no desire to watch any NFL football.

teegre
12-28-2015, 10:59 PM
Oh well...GO BILLS!

Yep.

Tyrod Taylor for the win, Peter.

Shoes
12-28-2015, 11:00 PM
Rooting for the Bengals is like trying to drink a glass of living snails. I couldn't do it. :chuckle:

tube517
12-28-2015, 11:13 PM
I am preparing for a Buffalo loss. After that nonsense gut wrenching playoff scenario in 2013, I dont need my heart ripped out again like yesterday.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

fansince'76
12-28-2015, 11:18 PM
I am preparing for a Buffalo loss.

Same here. Just saw the "highlights" from the Bengals/Broncos game and I'm expecting a similar outcome next week with the Jets edging the Bills. Oh well, should have taken care of business yesterday.

tube517
12-28-2015, 11:27 PM
Same here. Just saw the "highlights" from the Bengals/Broncos game and I'm expecting a similar outcome next week with the Jets edging the Bills. Oh well, should have taken care of business yesterday.
You are right. That game will go into triple OT and Scott Norwood's ghost will take over the Bills kicker and he will have his FG blocked and the Jets return it for the win.

ALLD
12-29-2015, 05:15 AM
Bills won't get started. They will mail it in next weekend. Tomlin will have lots of platitudes talking about missed opportunities at the post.

43Hitman
12-29-2015, 06:00 AM
Ben, the offense and Tomlin let us down on Sunday. Now we pray that we can play another game. Such a let down.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

ALLD
12-29-2015, 06:58 AM
We will play in Cleveland and that is no gimme. The knock on Cowher was that he coulnd't win the big one. At least he went to several AFC Championships.

Steelerschik
12-29-2015, 07:41 AM
Can someone answer for me...with the bengals losing last night, do the Pats now have home field throughout the POs?

vader29
12-29-2015, 08:23 AM
Can someone answer for me...with the bengals losing last night, do the Pats now have home field throughout the POs?

New England can clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with:
1) NE win or tie
2) DEN loss or tie

Steelerschik
12-29-2015, 08:33 AM

New England can clinch home-field advantage throughout the playoffs with:
1) NE win or tie
2) DEN loss or tie

Thank you so much! This is the time of year where I can't keep track of what needs to happen and to who without getting confused. I don't want them to get home field, but then again I cannot/will not EVER in this lifetime root for the bengals. Ever. Not convinced Denver will lose to the Chargers, but then again watching last night's game, I'm not sure they'll win either. As for Cincy I still feel they lose they'll be either one and done or the second round.

Damn the Steelers to hell that we most likely will NOT be in the POs yet AGAIN and we have to endure this crap. The worst part is I'm not convinced they're gonna beat Cleveland this coming week either. Fuckers.

86WARD
12-29-2015, 08:46 AM
I am preparing for a Buffalo loss. After that nonsense gut wrenching playoff scenario in 2013, I dont need my heart ripped out again like yesterday.

Well the Jets haven't beat the Bills since 2013, lost 4 straight...so depending how you look at it...lol.

Psycho Ward 86
12-29-2015, 10:34 AM
Thank you so much! This is the time of year where I can't keep track of what needs to happen and to who without getting confused. I don't want them to get home field, but then again I cannot/will not EVER in this lifetime root for the bengals. Ever. Not convinced Denver will lose to the Chargers, but then again watching last night's game, I'm not sure they'll win either. As for Cincy I still feel they lose they'll be either one and done or the second round.

Damn the Steelers to hell that we most likely will NOT be in the POs yet AGAIN and we have to endure this crap. The worst part is I'm not convinced they're gonna beat Cleveland this coming week either. Fuckers.

see my signature for a summary of the Steelers Way

lipps83
12-29-2015, 10:40 AM

Steelers are possibly entering the longest stretch without a playoff win since Chuck Noll was hired. The standard is the standard, obviously. Thanks Mike Tomlin, for ensuring this team is prepared week-in and week-out to exploit your opponents weakness and playing to the teams strengths instead of just going with your gut.

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/12/29/steelers-playoff-record-mike-tomlin-2015/

steelreserve
12-29-2015, 10:58 AM
Four weeks ago, I really did not see BOTH the Jets and the Chiefs winning out (or KC winning 9 straight after a 1-5 start, for that matter).

Of course, meanwhile, we won the hard games and lost the easy one. What a bunch of crap, again.

43Hitman
12-29-2015, 11:01 AM
Cowher missed the playoffs 4 times in 15 years, if we miss this year, Tomlin will have missed 4 times in 9 years.

Rotorhead
12-29-2015, 11:08 AM
Well after watching last night, now it is up to the Bills. Of course we need to win, so I would like to see a team coming out and playing like they actually want to make the post season for once. I give the Bills a 30% chance of winning this next game. They have a decent team, but the Jets will probably play like they want to get into the playoffs (you know, unlike us against Baltimore).

steel striker
12-29-2015, 11:14 AM
I don't see the Jets losing but, who knows a few years ago a small miracle almost happened Succop missed that darn FG!

stillers4me
12-29-2015, 11:25 AM
I would think that Sexy Rexy would like nothing better than to knock the Jets out of the playoffs.

cold-hard-steel
12-29-2015, 03:56 PM
Someone told me football was rigged.

zulater
12-29-2015, 04:20 PM
The sad thing is that if we had taken care of business last Sunday we could possibly be looking at the division title this Sunday. McCarron got banged up at the end of the Bengals loss last night. No guarantee they beat the Ravens. :frusty:

Too bad you can;t get a do-over! :lol:

43Hitman
12-29-2015, 04:29 PM
The sad thing is that if we had taken care of business last Sunday we could possibly be looking at the division title this Sunday. McCarron got banged up at the end of the Bengals loss last night. No guarantee they beat the Ravens. :frusty:

Too bad you can;t get a do-over! [emoji38]
Marty Mcfly and his Doloren would be nice right about now.[emoji6]

Craic
12-29-2015, 05:21 PM

NO doubt. I was saying the same thing last night.

Shoes
12-29-2015, 05:38 PM

This team seems to be doing do-overs every year against bottom bilge teams. One would think the light bulb would have come on by now.

cold-hard-steel
12-29-2015, 05:40 PM
NO doubt. I was saying the same thing last night.

So today is the tomorrow you wondered about yesterday ?

86WARD
12-29-2015, 06:08 PM
It's called delivering the mail and we have:

http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/29/160bdb758435b27822aa4137bc296937.jpg

Notice the "Cool Glasses".

dduc996
12-29-2015, 07:22 PM
Nobody gave Atlanta a chance. Nobody gave Baltimore a chance.

Any given Sunday.

NCSteeler
12-29-2015, 07:33 PM
Fact is it seems like any time the Steelers need to take care of business and control their own destiny they F it up. I don't understand how they could play that bad . AFC beat #2 seed, beat the #3 seed , NFC beat #2 seed and we can't freaking beat Ryan Mallet and a worse secondary than ours. Amazing

cold-hard-steel
12-30-2015, 07:03 AM
"It's gonna be a bright , bright , sun shiny day . " Repeat !

plenewken
12-30-2015, 07:58 AM
Most Ravens players were fighting for a job next season, and that's a big reason for their performance against a bunch of underachieving offensive weapons, a mediocre defense and a putrid coaching job.

86WARD
12-30-2015, 08:14 AM
Charles Clay on IR for the Bills.

teegre
12-30-2015, 09:47 AM
Nobody gave Atlanta a chance. Nobody gave Baltimore a chance.

Any given Sunday.

This.

cold-hard-steel
12-30-2015, 10:02 AM
Every player on our team for the love of God , had to know what was at stake . All of em . We are fans and we knew that . I just hope DeAngelo still wants to call Pittsburgh home next season. Ben takes the brunt of our last defeat .

B&GFever
12-30-2015, 09:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

hawaiiansteeler
12-30-2015, 10:45 PM
I just hope DeAngelo still wants to call Pittsburgh home next season.

DeAngelo signed a 2 year contract so he will...

ETL
12-30-2015, 11:44 PM
We need some luck. If the Steelers get in the playoffs - they will play with nothing to lose and we could carry this thing to the Super Bowl whether the Steelers deserve it or not.

I think the Bills will channel their inner utter hatred of the Jets and win this game

86WARD
12-31-2015, 05:16 AM
Jim Mora never gets old...

katmandu
12-31-2015, 10:00 AM
ROGLMAO !! Priceless !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V8lT1o0sDwI

katmandu
12-31-2015, 10:11 AM
Cowher missed the playoffs 4 times in 15 years, if we miss this year, Tomlin will have missed 4 times in 9 years. Tomlin will have the 5th season in a row for not making the playoffs.

This has NOT happened since....... 1969 !

43Hitman
12-31-2015, 10:21 AM
Tomlin will have the 5th season in a row for not making the playoffs.

This has NOT happened since....... 1969 !
I think that stat is 5 years without a playoff win.

SteelerFanInStl
12-31-2015, 12:07 PM
I think that stat is 5 years without a playoff win.

Correct. We were in the playoffs last year.

teegre
12-31-2015, 12:21 PM
Correct. We were in the playoffs last year.

...and, in 2011.

fansince'76
12-31-2015, 12:30 PM
Jim Mora never gets old...

No, he doesn't.

"In my opinion that sucked!" :lol:

SteelerFanInStl
12-31-2015, 01:05 PM
...and, in 2011.

Was that the Denver game? I keep trying to put that game out of my memory.

teegre
01-01-2016, 01:53 AM
Was that the Denver game? I keep trying to put that game out of my memory.

Yeah... I almost didn't type it.

Salt in the wound, if you will. :sorry:

BnG_Hevn
01-01-2016, 09:08 AM
I think it will be hilarious if the Bills thump the jets and the Browns barely beat the Steelers.

tube517
01-01-2016, 09:48 AM
I think it will be hilarious if the Bills thump the jets and the Browns barely beat the Steelers.

If that scenario plays out, reserve me a space in the ER for a broken hand. Also, a pre-order at Home Depot for about 5 doors.:smash::smash:

86WARD
01-01-2016, 10:16 AM
If that scenario plays out, reserve me a space in the ER for a broken hand. Also, a pre-order at Home Depot for about 5 doors.:smash::smash:

Surprised that a trip to Best Buy for a new TV isn't on there somewhere...

ETL
01-01-2016, 01:49 PM

Then we truly don't DESERVE to be in the playoffs.

Godfather
01-01-2016, 02:08 PM
Cowher missed the playoffs 4 times in 15 years, if we miss this year, Tomlin will have missed 4 times in 9 years.

Cowher missed 5 times. 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2006.

43Hitman
01-01-2016, 02:25 PM
Cowher missed 5 times. 1998, 1999, 2000, 2003, 2006.
Thanks for the correction. Happy New Year to ya.

hawaiiansteeler
01-01-2016, 02:57 PM
Injury roundup: LeSean McCoy (knee) ruled out

By Around The NFL staff NFL.com
Published: Jan. 1, 2016

The Bills will be without their No. 1 running back Sunday.

Among those officially ruled out Sunday by Buffalo was running back LeSean McCoy, who is dealing with a knee injury.

Also ruled out: tight end Charles Clay (on injured reserve with a back injury), linebacker Nigel Bradham (ankle) and wideout Marcus Easley (knee). Cornerback Ronald Darby, who sat out last week with a groin injury, is expected to play, coach Rex Ryan said.

Every game, all season

Rookie Karlos Williams and emerging runner Mike Gillislee will share the workload Sunday against the Jets.

Though their playoff hopes were extinguished a few weeks ago, Ryan would love to help keep his former squad out of the postseason by doing their part and getting a win.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613475/article/injury-roundup-lesean-mccoy-knee-ruled-out

st33lersguy
01-01-2016, 08:24 PM
Buffalo will not beat the Jets. Rex Ryan is nothing but bluster, his trash talk is never backed up with results. Buffalo will fold just like Rex Ryan coached teams normally do.

hawaiiansteeler
01-01-2016, 10:07 PM
Buffalo will not beat the Jets. Rex Ryan is nothing but bluster, his trash talk is never backed up with results. Buffalo will fold just like Rex Ryan coached teams normally do.

yup, Rex Ryan often writes checks with his mouth that his teams can't cash...

Count Steeler
01-02-2016, 09:30 AM
And even if you see the Bills up by 3 scores, don't get too excited. The final score is what matters.

Psycho Ward 86
01-02-2016, 10:13 AM
ugh. i hate how well the jets match up to the bills right now.

Bills: #1 rushing attack, but won't have Lesean McCoy
Jets: #1 rushing defense

Bills: Sammy Watkins will probably be blanked by Revis like last time, and Tyrod Taylor won't have Charles Clay for the game to throw to as a safety valve

stillers4me
01-02-2016, 10:38 AM
Well...one thing just hit me. Not only would Rexy love to knock his old team out of the playoffs, he may also get his jollies by watching his old buddies in Foxboro thumped by the Steelers.

:stirthepot:

Edman
01-02-2016, 10:56 AM
I can't believe anyone is entertaining the thought of going to the postseason.

The Steelers were put out last Sunday.

If you can't show up to play your biggest rival with the postseason on the line, you don't deserve to be there.

stillers4me
01-02-2016, 11:57 AM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXu0jJ2WYAAPbV3.jpg:large

fansince'76
01-02-2016, 12:21 PM

If you can't show up to play your biggest rival with the postseason on the line, you don't deserve to be there.

At worst, the Steelers are going to finish 9-7 and out of the playoffs.

At best, the Texans are going to finish 9-7, and if they do, not only are they going to the postseason, they're going to be getting a home game in the WC round to boot.

And then you have the Redskins who might finish 8-8 and are still getting a home game in the WC round regardless.

"Deserve" has got nothing to do with it.

SteelMayhem72
01-02-2016, 12:22 PM

This^^^^....I wont be any more excited if we back in than if we dont get in at all. Last week put an exclamation mark on everything you needed to know about our team this season...pretenders and not contenders

stillers4me
01-02-2016, 12:31 PM

At best, the Texans are going to finish 9-7, and if they do, not only are they going to the postseason, they're going to be getting a home game in the WC round to boot.

And then you have the Redskins who might finish 8-8 and are still getting a home game in the WC round regardless.

No. This^^^^

ETL
01-02-2016, 04:07 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CXu0jJ2WYAAPbV3.jpg:large

That's pretty cool

- - - Updated - - -

yup, Rex Ryan often writes checks with his mouth that his teams can't cash...

I recall he took the Jets to two AFC championship games missing the SB by one game with a loser QB named Mark Sanchez. I also recall a lot of fans on this board who would not have minded if he was named defensive coordinator when Leabeau was dismissed.

I know he's a loud mouth - but he has had some success. Ultimately he may be a better coordinator than a head coach.

Butch
01-02-2016, 06:28 PM

I understand where you are coming from on this. My concern would be that if you change things a team that plays a hard schedule could lose out to a team that wins playing a powder puff schedule. I know it's not perfect but unless everyone plays the same schedule I don't see a fix that is much better.

Truth of the matter is we don't deserve anything more than anyone else who has played crappy this season. We had the playoffs in our hands and then threw it all away with that stink bomb of a game last week. Hell we barely beat San Diego.

lotas
01-02-2016, 08:43 PM

:applaudit:Well said, sir.

This team is on the path to finish 10-6 after one HELL of an up and down season. I'm as frustrated as anyone by their lack of execution last week, but if you think they don't deserve the playoffs you're completely shortchanging their effort and heart this season, as ugly as it's been at times.

The major parts and pieces of this team are in place, it simply comes down to execution and consistency. Once this team can execute effectively and on a consistent basis, they will be unstoppable.

SteelMayhem72
01-02-2016, 10:54 PM

This team is on the path to finish 10-6 after one HELL of an up and down season. I'm as frustrated as anyone by their lack of execution last week, but if you think they don't deserve the playoffs you're completely shortchanging their effort and heart this season, as ugly as it's been at times.

The major parts and pieces of this team are in place, it simply comes down to execution and consistency. Once this team can execute effectively and on a consistent basis, they will be unstoppable.
That consistent basis will have to start next season

GoSlash27
01-03-2016, 10:32 AM
Welp... due to my self- imposed boycott I won't be watching the Steelers/ Browns game, *but*...
I will be watching the Bills/ Jets game and rooting like crazy for Buffalo! :tt03:

Butch
01-03-2016, 11:18 AM

I understand the heart they have and how they have overcome lots of major injuries, but that does not excuse how they played last week when they had to have a win to make the playoffs. If Heart is what let us win when we were down then where was it last week? If we make the playoffs then I will be ready for next week, but if we don't we got what we got because we played the way we did when the ball was in our court. Heart or no Heart.

- - - Updated - - -

If Heart is all it took to make you a solid player Limas Sweed would have been a Superstar.

86WARD
01-03-2016, 12:26 PM
Steelers lead, Bills lead 6-0.

Drazo85
01-03-2016, 12:29 PM
TD Bills

ETL
01-03-2016, 12:34 PM
And I just said to the TV - "Ben - please don't throw and INT"!

Dammit Ben! You get one freebie but the next pick will make me lose respect for you

tube517
01-03-2016, 12:37 PM
Welp... due to my self- imposed boycott I won't be watching the Steelers/ Browns game, *but*...
I will be watching the Bills/ Jets game and rooting like crazy for Buffalo! :tt03:

Throw some good juju to Buffalo's way, Slashy :chuckle:

86WARD
01-03-2016, 01:05 PM
Bills are doing their part...Jets an a missed FG are trying to help out as well. Steelers don't want it though.

ETL
01-03-2016, 03:08 PM
ok. Shower me with sum luv!!!

BigBen2004
01-03-2016, 03:08 PM
I called it too!!!!

86WARD
01-03-2016, 03:13 PM
I'm pretty pissed right now over how this team played today and how poorly Ben played.

I expect them them to beat CLE next week because they play well when they have less pressure on them ( just like most pussy teams in he NFL) and I expect the Bills to beat the Jets at home - just because I think it will happen.

I don't know how far the Steelers will go in he playoffs but hell - getting in will be the first hurdle. And who knows - because this team specializes in playing well with nothing to lose - they may do well enough.

Good Call!!! lol.

steelerdude15
01-03-2016, 03:14 PM

That's what she said. :chuckle:

tube517
01-03-2016, 03:14 PM
683757107334660096 Somebody send Rex some shoes and socks :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
01-03-2016, 03:16 PM

:hatsoff:

ETL
01-03-2016, 03:20 PM
Heart felt thanks to the Buffalo Bills. You are making me have a better Sunday because of youse guys

fansince'76
01-03-2016, 03:21 PM
Cheats lost too - I hope the Broncos steal HFA from them. Shaping up to be a really good Sunday.

86WARD
01-03-2016, 03:22 PM
Cheats lost too - I hope the Broncos steal HFA from them. Shaping up to be a really good Sunday.

That would be nice. Would've been even more delightful had Suh rolled a little harder on Brady's ankle...don't give me any shit for wishing harm on a player...you thought it too...

zoneblitzerII
01-03-2016, 03:23 PM

Your avatar is worthy of some luv showering.

SteelMayhem72
01-03-2016, 03:25 PM
I called it too....NOT!!!!! Dont ever listen to my predictions...I tend to be a pessimist!

fansince'76
01-03-2016, 03:27 PM
Dont ever listen to my predictions...I tend to be a pessimist!

Hadn't noticed. :chuckle:

ALLD
01-03-2016, 03:27 PM
I thought the Cowboys looked bad. The Chargers are worse than awful.

hawaiiansteeler
01-03-2016, 03:38 PM

great call, you receive my vote for the 2016 Nostradanus Award! :thumbsup:

http://witcheslore.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/3a.jpg

katmandu
01-03-2016, 03:43 PM
Cheats lost too - I hope the Broncos steal HFA from them. Shaping up to be a really good Sunday.LOVE IT !!

86WARD
01-03-2016, 03:45 PM
I'd shower that broad with all kinds of love...

Steelman
01-03-2016, 04:03 PM

The Eternal Optimist gets the win!

ETL
01-03-2016, 04:07 PM
And from what is happening in Denver and KC right now - the Baltimore game may have been meaningless. Even if we won that game - we may end up being the 6th seed

Steelerschik
01-03-2016, 04:08 PM

Yes consider yourself lathered up and soaking wet. Maybe you can start another thread for the POs!! However I still still reserve the right to refer to the steelers as "fuckers" any time they piss me off. It helps with with anger management.

ETL
01-03-2016, 04:38 PM
Yes consider yourself lathered up and soaking wet. Maybe you can start another thread for the POs!! However I still still reserve the right to refer to the steelers as "fuckers" any time they piss me off. It helps with with anger management.

You kinda turned me on right there.

Anyways - I refer to the Steelers as pussies in my original post so - yes - you have the right to call them fuckers.

(By the way - why is everything in the pelvic area and relate to it an insult - dick, pussy, asshole, fuckers, etc... Everything except balls. If you got balls - it's a positive)

GoSlash27
01-03-2016, 05:00 PM
Throw some good juju to Buffalo's way, Slashy :chuckle:

Mission accomplished! :D