PDA

View Full Version : Goats.

zulater
12-27-2015, 03:04 PM
Todd Haley. He set the tone early with his moronic run into a stacked line on 4th and 1.

Ben. Played his worse healthy game of the year. Just sucked all day.

I cant blame anyone else.

steelerdude15
12-27-2015, 03:06 PM
The entire team other than Williams.

Steelman
12-27-2015, 03:08 PM
The entire team other than Williams.

This.

Edman
12-27-2015, 03:08 PM
Haley can only do so much when the quarterback is heaving up a stinker of a game.

Ben deserves a majority of the blame, he was absolutely horrible today.

katmandu
12-27-2015, 03:09 PM
The entire team other than Williams.http://www.setsubset.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/_3RfL2mDeD9c/Sg8TH8MTsnI/AAAAAAAAAKE/-CJa_VH0J8w/s1600/2013/02/barf.jpg

lotas
12-27-2015, 03:09 PM
Give Baltimore their due credit, they outplayed us on both sides of the ball today. Sometimes it's less about what our guys didn't do, and more about what theirs did. They made the plays today when they needed to, they converted on 3rd down, they forced turnovers, etc.

Frustrating game to watch as fan when we were sitting two weeks away from the playoffs, having just beat two of the best teams in the AFC in back to back weeks. Now where the hell do we stand? It's amazing how these teams with poor records continue to give us the most trouble of anyone.

EzraTank
12-27-2015, 03:11 PM
How about the stupid decision to not kick the FG to open the game. You put the points on the board against a 4 win team.

The rest of the team just sucked especially against a team with a new QB. Flacco would have put 40 points on them today.

steelreserve
12-27-2015, 03:14 PM
Pretty much everyone except Williams.

Ben was terrible and locked on to Brown so much it was hurting us.

The defense really had to be a special kind of shitty to let Mallet look that good.

Basically, we sucked in every aspect of the game except running the ball, and we just abandoned that for some reason I still don't understand.

What a total shitfuck.

st33lersguy
12-27-2015, 03:16 PM
Only that fuking moron Mike Dumblin could completely offset inside track to the playoffs after a 17 point comeback win over Denver by giving it up in a stinker to Baltimore. If the Steelers ever played the Pittsburgh School for the blind, Dumblin would force all his players to play the entire game blindfolded

86WARD
12-27-2015, 03:21 PM
Tomlin, Haley, Butler, Ben, AB are the goats. No game balls. Season sweep of the Steelers.

- - - Updated - - -

How about the stupid decision to not kick the FG to open the game. You put the points on the board against a 4 win team.

The rest of the team just sucked especially against a team with a new QB. Flacco would have put 40 points on them today.

That wasn't Tomlin's fault though.

polamalubeast
Ben

After this is Tomlin and Haley

tube517
Bryant has now hit a stone wall. dropping too many deep balls.

Ben made bad decisions pressing too much.

Ryan Mallet did enough to get a win.

Having a great offense isn't always the road to a championship. Got to have a defense that can at least make stops

EzraTank
And why go for two long passes down the field on 3 and 15? Much easier to hit two underneath passes.

zulater
12-27-2015, 03:23 PM
Haley can only do so much when the quarterback is heaving up a stinker of a game.

Ben deserves a majority of the blame, he was absolutely horrible today.

Bullshit! The first series of the game Haley set the tone. We played from behind the entire game because of him running into a stacked line on 4th and 1. I don't mind they went for it. I don't mind they ran. But running from a 3 tight end formation announced to the Ravens what you were doing. History lesson. When has that ever been easy or better yet likely against the Ravens?

Then on the interception that was called back more Haley brilliance in evidence. First and goal at the end. Empty fucking set?!! WTF!! Why announce you're passing? Again I don;t mind passing there. But at least have DeAngelo in the backfield so the safeties and lb's have to respect the run!

Yeah that ended up not mattering, but the point was Haley "schemed" us away from playing with the lead. The defense of the Ravens built momentum of that. It made them play with a zeal they hadn't had in weeks.

BTW, Harbitch tanked the week before against the Chiefs. Fake punt on 4th and 9 inside your own 30? This was the Ravens SB. They came to play. By not getting up on them early it put wind in their sails.

Steeldude
12-27-2015, 03:23 PM
And why go for two long passes down the field on 3 and 15? Much easier to hit two underneath passes.

Classic Al Davis ball.

lipps83
12-27-2015, 03:26 PM
There is no bigger goat on this team than Tomlin.

As many have been for a while, I have grown weary and tired of his incompetence against inferior competition. His inability to put together a winning gameplan against the least teams of the league has reared its head again and has cost the playoffs for another season.

It is time for him to go.

ETL
12-27-2015, 03:31 PM

Bingo!

86WARD
12-27-2015, 03:36 PM
Then on the interception that was called back more Haley brilliance in evidence. First and goal at the end. Empty fucking set?!! WTF!! Why announce you're passing? Again I don;t mind passing there. But at least have DeAngelo in the backfield so the safeties and lb's have to respect the run!

The INT that got called back was a TD pass that went right through AB's hands. AB didn't catch the ball and it went tip drill to Jimmy Smith. Can't pin that on Haley. That's 98% AB. 2% Ben.

Shoes
12-27-2015, 03:38 PM
Tomlin, Haley, Butler. Tomlin continues to have his team ill-prepared for struggling teams. In the same way he played Blake all year. If I'm Art II, Tomlin has signed his last contract in Pittsburgh.

Drazo85
12-27-2015, 03:56 PM
Bingo!
Ben is forcing things all season long. Haley calls plays, gives Ben two or three plays to choose from, and plus there are the usual set of audibles. Play caling and decision making is all on Ben. He choosed today to throw to AB when Heath was wide open, not Haley. Ben is great, but when give him credit, give him his fair share of blame. He deserved it.

Moose
12-27-2015, 04:33 PM
Steeler's !

Steel Peon
12-27-2015, 04:38 PM
How about the stupid decision to not kick the FG to open the game.
Very good point, seeing as with that 3 points we go to OT.

zulater
12-27-2015, 05:27 PM
If you didn't "first guess" going for it on the opening drive then you have no business second guessing it after the fact.

Regardless I want to add a few goats. Our top 3 WR's. Antonio Brown for not catching the ball cleanly in the end zone. The ball was there. Make the catch. I didn't agree with the reversal, but I understand it. AB could have taken it out of the replay officials hands with a clean catch. Martavis Bryant had multiple drops. Again. And while I understand disagreeing with the play call when you go down field instead of trying to eat up some of the yardage on 2nd and 15, the ball was there. Yeah it wasn't an easy play to make from the receivers perspective, but it was make-able. Then Wheaton lets the ball hit him on the shoulder instead of getting his hands out to make a catch on the last meaningful play of the game. Again not an easy catch to make. But the ball was catchable. You're a receiver. Make the catch. Ben pretty much sucked all day. But even though you can question the decision to go deep, ( was there anything open underneath?) the fact of the matter is that on those two passes he actually put the ball in the right place. If either catch is made the worst probable result is OT.

86WARD
12-27-2015, 06:20 PM
AB "dropped" two TD passes...pretty good case for being #1 goat...just saying...at least 12 points left on the table c/o AB. Add 3 points that Tomlin left on the table and what are we looking at?

B&GFever
12-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Biggest Goat of the game by far is Mike Tomlin .

leaving 3 points on the field clearly was a difference maker , I do not care how poorly Ben played it would have been enough to force OT and then anything can happen

smokin3000gt
12-27-2015, 09:24 PM
http://www.setsubset.com/wp-content/uploads/blogger/_3RfL2mDeD9c/Sg8TH8MTsnI/AAAAAAAAAKE/-CJa_VH0J8w/s1600/2013/02/barf.jpg

Nice. This is the picture that pops up on everyone's facebook.

Rotorhead
12-28-2015, 12:42 AM
The entire Off (aside from Williams) is the GOAT. We all knew coming into this game our def was going to need a top effort from our offense to get W's. The turnovers killed us, when our Def did get stops later in the game the off couldnt capitalize, just terrible.

cold-hard-steel
12-29-2015, 05:15 PM
I don't know . My wisdom tells me that I do know that I don't know . I am sticking with that because it is honest and makes sense.

cold-hard-steel
12-29-2015, 05:29 PM
Since we are being honest I do have 4 bags of fast-set hydraulic cement.I know you usually only need 2 . But if the guy is "Big" we like to recommend 2 for each foot .

Shoes
12-29-2015, 05:48 PM
Tomlin just ripped out his own eyelids. :chuckle:

cold-hard-steel
12-29-2015, 05:55 PM
Tomlin just ripped out his own eyelids. :chuckle:

Wow if he ripped em that's worse . I'd take the 4 bags. Less pain involved .