PDA

View Full Version : Blame Ben.

zulater
12-27-2015, 02:36 PM
He lost us this game, he lost us this season. He didn't show up today. Yeah the defense sucked, Haley blew chunks. But in the end it comes down to Ben. He had Heath wide open he missed him. We could have tied it or taken the lead. God damn, another season down the tubes! :frusty:

MrPgh
12-27-2015, 02:38 PM
Yinzers gonna yinz.

ALLD
12-27-2015, 03:01 PM
Thanks for having the team prepared to go up against a back up QB.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StmbrLfGC-8

Psycho Ward 86
12-27-2015, 03:01 PM
well, what i feared most has transpired. us going with the deep bomb down the sideline into double coverage with the game on the line.

that worked out well.

zoneblitzerII
12-27-2015, 03:04 PM
He's just not a big game QB when it really, really counts. Not anymore and not by a long shot.

Steelman
12-27-2015, 03:06 PM
Ben was bad, no doubt about it. But the whole team, aside from DeAngelo, sucked. One of our worst losses in awhile.

86WARD
12-27-2015, 03:06 PM
More so on the coaches than on Ben...although he deserves a nice chunk of it. More goes on Tomlin, Haley and Butler.

MrPgh
12-27-2015, 03:07 PM
He's just not a big game QB when it really, really counts. Not anymore and not by a long shot.

Typical yinzer knee-jerk reaction.

zulater
12-27-2015, 03:08 PM
More so on the coaches than on Ben...although he deserves a nice chunk of it. More goes on Tomlin, Haley and Butler.

Tomlin did nothing wrong. It's all on Ben and Haley. 50/50.

MrPgh
12-27-2015, 03:10 PM

That's idiotic.

ALLD
12-27-2015, 03:10 PM
If they lose to the Browns next week Tomlin needs to go.

Psycho Ward 86
12-27-2015, 03:11 PM
we just lost to a team that wasnt going to make the playoffs when healthy....and is down 18 players on IR.

were officially on the verge of becoming the greatest team to never make the playoffs

zulater
The Jets won. Our fate is in the hands of Rex Ryan and the Bills. Assuming we can beat the Browns. No given with this team. Oh well they didn't deserve to go to the playoffs.

- - - Updated - - -

That's idiotic.

No you're the idiot.

Explain what Tomlin did wrong?

katmandu
Tomlin did nothing wrong. It's all on Ben and Haley. 50/50.They came out play FLAT and stayed FLAT. Tomlin is the head coach, of course he's a big part of this disaster.

Edman
12-27-2015, 03:12 PM
If you can't beat a 4-win team on the road in December, you don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

lipps83
12-27-2015, 03:13 PM

Name one sub .500 team Tomlin has beaten beside Bengals/Browns.

katmandu
12-27-2015, 03:13 PM
Explain what Tomlin did wrong?Perhaps allowing Haley to continue his bad decision to come out an run the ball.

Tomlin is the HEAD coach. He could have told Haley....... WTF man! Start throwing the ball.... especially against one of the worst secondarys in the NFL !

lipps83
12-27-2015, 03:14 PM
If they lose to the Browns next week Tomlin needs to go.

Win/Lose it doesn't matter. Steelers aren't going to the playoffs.

Tomlin needs to go.

JayC
another wasted season. baltimore knocked us out again

Shoes
A (https://video-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xtf1/v/t42.1790-2/12414933_748391385267031_1770801444_n.mp4?efg=eyJy bHIiOjE0MzgsInJsYSI6NTEyLCJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InFmXz QyNndfY3JmXzIzX21haW5fMy4wX3AxaGNtdjRfc2QifQ%3D%3D&rl=1438&vabr=799&oh=b33497aa9970135868366a06314f034b&oe=568096B7)mazing

katmandu
Name one sub .500 team Tomlin has beaten beside Bengals/Browns.I'd really hate to see the stats on this.... Lets have it.

zoneblitzerII
12-27-2015, 03:15 PM
Typical yinzer knee-jerk reaction.

No. It is one based on FACT from actually watching the games. How did that last super bowl workout? How many INTs? How did that game against Timmy Tebow fair? Hmmm... How did today go??? Hmmm...

Shoes
12-27-2015, 03:16 PM

This was the rats SB, Tomlin didn't have this team ready. He is the HC. Haley and Butler share in the blame. The only good news is Blake got hurt, it should have been 16 games ago.

12414933_748391385267031_1770801444_n.mp4 (https://video-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xtf1/v/t42.1790-2/12414933_748391385267031_1770801444_n.mp4?efg=eyJy bHIiOjE0MzgsInJsYSI6NTEyLCJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InFmXz QyNndfY3JmXzIzX21haW5fMy4wX3AxaGNtdjRfc2QifQ%3D%3D&rl=1438&vabr=799&oh=b33497aa9970135868366a06314f034b&oe=568096B7)

Mach1
12-27-2015, 03:17 PM
Who needs a fg kicker when you have a "gut feeling".

zoneblitzerII
Win/Lose it doesn't matter. Steelers aren't going to the playoffs.

Tomlin needs to go.

Agreed. And it's because of the consistently flat performances against the sub .500 teams. That's his trademark.

MrPgh
No. It is one based on FACT from actually watching the games. How did that last super bowl workout? How many INTs? How did that game against Timmy Tebow fair? Hmmm... How did today go??? Hmmm...

If you think all those losses were solely on Ben, you're a dope. Especially the wild card game in Denver. If you though Ben was at fault for that one you need to check yourself into a mental hospital ASAP.

lipps83
As soon as the Patriots knew that Pittsburgh lost, they gave that game to the Jets. They won the coin toss but chose to kick in overtime. If anyone thinks the Steelers still have a chance to make the playoffs is crazy.

NCSteeler
Tomlin did nothing. Quite of the year. You are right he did not get this team ready to play.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

86WARD
12-27-2015, 03:18 PM

lol. Really? He let Haley run those plays. He brought a team that was better than the October team into Baltimore and lost to a team that was worse than the team they faced in October. They went with a run first mentality (CLEARLY what the Ravens wanted) versus a team that gave up 28 TDs to 4 INTs on the season. He was out coached by the Ravens. Clearly out coached by the Ravens. It ultimately falls on Tomlin. To say he did nothing wrong? You'd be better off saying he did nothing...because basically, it's what he did.

NCSteeler
12-27-2015, 03:21 PM
This team spent the week reading v their headlines about how nobody wants to play hem they are so freaking awesome. When they should have been watching tape

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

MrPgh
12-27-2015, 03:21 PM
lol. Really? He let Haley run those plays. He brought a team that was better than the October team into Baltimore and lost to a team that was worse than the team they faced in October. They went with a run first mentality (CLEARLY what the Ravens wanted) versus a team that gave up 28 TDs to 4 INTs on the season. He was out coached by the Ravens. Clearly out coached by the Ravens. It ultimately falls on Tomlin. To say he did nothing wrong? You'd be better off saying he did nothing...because basically, it's what he did.

He also kept playing Blake even though it was beyond obvious he was the worst CB in the NFL.

katmandu
12-27-2015, 03:22 PM
This was the rats SB, Tomlin didn't have this team ready. He is the HC. Haley and Butler share in the blame

12414933_748391385267031_1770801444_n.mp4 (https://video-sea1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hvideo-xtf1/v/t42.1790-2/12414933_748391385267031_1770801444_n.mp4?efg=eyJy bHIiOjE0MzgsInJsYSI6NTEyLCJ2ZW5jb2RlX3RhZyI6InFmXz QyNndfY3JmXzIzX21haW5fMy4wX3AxaGNtdjRfc2QifQ%3D%3D&rl=1438&vabr=799&oh=b33497aa9970135868366a06314f034b&oe=568096B7)Yup. They "should have" been playing PISSED OFF and out to kill, vs rolling over and playing dead. That is EXACTLY what this did by coming out of the gate RUNNING the ball !

WTF would you run the ball when they have literally been DESTROYING defenses by PASSING! Especially on a shittty secondary ??

BUTTHEADS OF THE DAY IN CHRONOLICAL ORDER......

#1) TOMLIN, #2) HALEY and #3) BUTLER #4) Ben and his INTs today...

Shoes
12-27-2015, 03:24 PM
He also kept playing Blake even though it was beyond obvious he was the worst CB in the NFL.

The good news, but too late is Blake got hurt, it should have happened in game one.

MrPgh
12-27-2015, 03:25 PM
The good news, but too late is Blake got hurt, it should have happened in game one tho.

Supposedly Blake played hurt in some other games earlier in the season (the KC game is one that specifically comes to mind) and Tomlin STILL put him out there instead of a healthier, and better player in Boykin.

BigBen2004
12-27-2015, 03:26 PM
Ben's time is running out. Another year wasted, because we have a coach who can't coach, a defense that can't defend, and a special teams unit that is "special".

Those se are a few reasons why this team didn't go anywhere this season. The Jets are getting the last spot. They won't lose to the Bills. We saw how they fought today with their playoff hopes on the line.

Ben deserves better than this. AB deserves better than this. I don't care how bad of a game Ben played today, he's singlehandedly won us dozens of games over the years. Defense needed to step up. Tomlin needed to step up. Bryant needed to catch a damn ball for once.

Another season without a playoff win. Tell me why Mike Tomlin is still around? Anyone?
You can make all the excuses you want, but the fact is that HE is one of the biggest issues with the team.

ETL
12-27-2015, 03:27 PM
Y'all was so willing to live and die with Ben.

So we're dead because Ben killed us. (What?!?? - Ben can only get credit when we win and never the blame when we lose!?!???)

im a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers and not the Pittsburgh Roethlisbergers. Ben is not an elite QB ... yet. An elite QB does not let his team lose to 4 win team playing a QB they just picked up a week ago WITH THE PLAYOFFS ON THE LINE!!!

We we just have to deal with this and just realize that to win the SB - we need Ben not to throw INTs and a lot of luck.

Some of you over reactors are going to think that I want to get rid of Ben or think he's not a good QB. I didn't say that - all I said was that he's not an elite QB. He's a good QB - better than average but not elite.

MrPgh
12-27-2015, 03:30 PM
Ben's time is running out. Another year wasted, because we have a coach who can't coach, a defense that can't defend, and a special teams unit that is "special".

Those se are a few reasons why this team didn't go anywhere this season. The Jets are getting the last spot. They won't lose to the Bills. We saw how they fought today with their playoff hopes on the line.

Ben deserves better than this. AB deserves better than this. I don't care how bad of a game Ben played today, he's singlehandedly won us dozens of games over the years. Defense needed to step up. Tomlin needed to step up. Bryant needed to catch a damn ball for once.

Another season without a playoff win. Tell me why Mike Tomlin is still around? Anyone?
You can make all the excuses you want, but the fact is that HE is one of the biggest issues with the team.

Hate on Arians all you want, but the team went downhill after he was "fired." But to be honest, I don't think it was so much about Arians himself leaving, but rather the sleaziness of the Rooneys to try and pin all the team's woes on the OC and completely ignoring the fact that the defense was declining fast and blew the Wild Card game in Denver. "Don't look over here, look over there!"

- - - Updated - - -

So we're dead because Ben killed us. (What?!?? - Ben can only get credit when we win and never the blame when we lose!?!???)

im a fan of the Pittsburgh Steelers and not the Pittsburgh Roethlisbergers. Ben is not an elite QB ... yet. An elite QB does not let his team lose to 4 win team playing a QB they just picked up a week ago WITH THE PLAYOFFS ON THE LINE!!!

We we just have to deal with this and just realize that to win the SB - we need Ben not to throw INTs and a lot of luck.

Some of you over reactors are going to think that I want to get rid of Ben or think he's not a good QB. I didn't say that - all I said was that he's not an elite QB. He's a good QB - better than average but not elite.

By your logic, Brady is not an elite QB either. He was pretty crappy in the game against the Jets. Also, Rodgers has had some craptastic games this year too. So I guess only Ryan Mallet and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the NFL's only elite QBs by your logic.

Psycho Ward 86
12-27-2015, 03:31 PM

this. what a fucking cop out game.

86WARD
12-27-2015, 03:31 PM
I think today was Harbaugh's best effort at "besting" Tomlin and company. Tomlin played right into his hands running the ball, wasting clock, passing when they had to pass. You could see that the Ravens studied film and did their homework. See the Jimmy Smith INT.

Shoes
12-27-2015, 03:32 PM

I beg to differ, while Ben didn't play well, Tomlin once again didn't have his team ready to beat a 4th string qb, with a load of rats on IR. You had to know the rats were going to play like it was their SB. Haley's play calling sucked and Butler must still have a hangover from Christmas.

43Hitman
12-27-2015, 03:33 PM
I bet they wish they would have taken that fg now. That decision is on MT.

Sent from my SM-S920L using Tapatalk

Psycho Ward 86
12-27-2015, 03:34 PM
By your logic, Brady is not an elite QB either. He was pretty crappy in the game against the Jets. Also, Rodgers has had some craptastic games this year too. So I guess only Ryan Mallet and Ryan Fitzpatrick are the NFL's only elite QBs by your logic.

Ben had Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Marcus Wheaton, Heath Miller, DHB, and Deangelo Williams as weapons today.

Brady had Gronk, no Edelman, no Amendola, a beat up Lafell, his top 2 RB's gone, basically just a bunch of castoffs to throw at and he STILL played better than Ben did today. Fuck Brady, but that is an embarassment, especially when you consider the patriots played against a real defense thats desperately clinging to their playoff hopes, not some scrub ass team with 18 players on IR

ETL
12-27-2015, 03:34 PM
What the hell is wrong with some of you? Why can't Ben be blamed? Ever? Is he paying your rent? How can he get heaps of praise for wins but never any piece of the blame for losses? God - your football idiot ness makes me embarrassed that you are Steeler fans. Go root for the Cowboys or something where everything is always rosy and the QB can do no wrong

fansince'76
12-27-2015, 03:36 PM

Pretty much. And these are the same folks who honestly wondered why Bradshaw dissed this fanbase for 20 years post-retirement. SMH

lipps83
12-27-2015, 03:37 PM
Hate on Arians all you want, but the team went downhill after he was "fired." But to be honest, I don't think it was so much about Arians himself leaving, but rather the sleaziness of the Rooneys to try and pin all the team's woes on the OC and completely ignoring the fact that the defense was declining fast and blew the Wild Card game in Denver. "Don't look over here, look over there!".

This. 1,000% multiplied by infinity.

The Steelers held onto Lebeau when it was painfully obvious the game passed him by. The longer they held onto him and his dinosaur approach put this defense into a downward spiral. This is the worst pass defense I have seen from any team, in 30 years.

Opponents can literally, as witnessed many times the past few season, pick up a QB off the street and shred this defense.

They should have canned Lebeau 4 years ago. Butler has done a hell of a job though with the pile of shit Lebeau left him. Mad props to Butler.

#FIRE TOMLIN!!!!11

#JET FUEL CAN'T MELT STEEL BEAMS

43Hitman
Ben screwed up. Big time, but the tone was set when Tomlin didn't allow our stud kicker get us started. He got greedy and it cost us.

katmandu

ETL
12-27-2015, 03:38 PM

you're an idiot. Yep - Brady had the ball in his hands like Ben did and he lost it for the Pats. Moron, Brady tied the game with a TD pass with less than 2 min to go. Ben just needed to get his team For a FG and failed.

stillers4me
12-27-2015, 03:39 PM
Blame Ben? I didn't see our defense lighting it up out there, either. They could have won that game with a couple of turnovers and a few big stops.

The. Team. Lost.

katmandu
12-27-2015, 03:40 PM
Tomlin did nothing wrong. It's all on Ben and Haley. 50/50.We love ya Zu, but Tomlin is the HEAD Coach and NOT a spectator like us !

On the other hand, Tomlin did nothing RIGHT either !

Shoes
12-27-2015, 03:41 PM
I bet they wish they would have taken that fg now. That decision is on MT.

More Mike Tomlin wisdom..

zulater
12-27-2015, 03:41 PM
Just to make it clear. I love Ben. But I'm honest. Ben lost us this game. This loss more than likely cost us the season. But I still think he's an elite qb. Elite qb's have bad games. But because of the way the season evolved we had nor margin or error. Usually 10 wins is an automatic playoff berth. But not this year.

fansince'76
12-27-2015, 03:42 PM
Elite qb's have bad games.

Not according to some...

zulater
12-27-2015, 03:44 PM
More Mike Tomlin wisdom..

Going for it wasn't a bad call. Running into a stacked box on 4th and 1 from a 3 tight end set was. You announced to a team that historically shuts down short yardage runs your intent. Go ahead and run it. But spread the damn field! Make them defend everything!

Edman
12-27-2015, 03:46 PM
Hate on Arians all you want, but the team went downhill after he was "fired." But to be honest, I don't think it was so much about Arians himself leaving, but rather the sleaziness of the Rooneys to try and pin all the team's woes on the OC and completely ignoring the fact that the defense was declining fast and blew the Wild Card game in Denver. "Don't look over here, look over there!"

Letting Arians go wasn't the problem.

It was keeping Lebeau. Both of them should've went.

43Hitman
In my opinion it's a bad call, it kills momentum and hands it right over to the opposing defense. Why even risk it? Just take the 3 and move on.

86WARD
Ben had Antonio Brown, Martavis Bryant, Marcus Wheaton, Heath Miller, DHB, and Deangelo Williams as weapons today.

Brady had Gronk, no Edelman, no Amendola, a beat up Lafell, his top 2 RB's gone, basically just a bunch of castoffs to throw at and he STILL played better than Ben did today. Fuck Brady, but that is an embarassment, especially when you consider the patriots played against a real defense thats desperately clinging to their playoff hopes, not some scrub ass team with 18 players on IR

Brady also played against a much, much, much, much, much, much better defense than Baltimore.

MrPgh
12-27-2015, 03:47 PM
Letting Arians go wasn't the problem.

It was keeping Lebeau. Both of them should've went.

Did you read beyond the first sentence of my post?

43Hitman
12-27-2015, 03:48 PM
Charlie Batch agrees with me by the way.

86WARD
12-27-2015, 03:49 PM
Going for it wasn't a bad call. Running into a stacked box on 4th and 1 from a 3 tight end set was. You announced to a team that historically shuts down short yardage runs your intent. Go ahead and run it. But spread the damn field! Make them defend everything!

Which ultimately falls on Tomlin. It should be something TOmlin and Haley are on the same page. It would most likely come up in preparation for the week, maybe discuss it during the game...it's situational football. Tomlin knew about it...if he didn't, he's a terrible head coach.

- - - Updated - - -

Charlie Batch agrees with me by the way.

lol.

lipps83
Just to make it clear. I love Ben. But I'm honest. Ben lost us this game. This loss more than likely cost us the season. But I still think he's an elite qb. Elite qb's have bad games. But because of the way the season evolved we had nor margin or error. Usually 10 wins is an automatic playoff berth. But not this year.

They don't have as many bad games as Ben does though.

I love Ben and will stick with him, but yeah, he has cost of quite a few games that were probably winnable.

katmandu
In my opinion it's a bad call, it kills momentum and hands it right over to the opposing defense. Why even risk it? Just take the 3 and move on.
Exactly. Football is a game of momentum. That is why it was a colossal failure to RUN the ball out of the gate and STICK with it when it was not working.

That GAVE the Ratbirds the emotional edge (Momentum) to play like they were playing their Super Bowl.

Drazo85
12-27-2015, 03:50 PM
Lack of pass rush is main reason this team lost today. Mallet had a field day and was touched three times whole game.
Ben forcing things didnt help either...

43Hitman
12-27-2015, 03:53 PM
This team continues to lose to below average teams. Why is that? The numbers are staggering.

SteelerFanInStl
12-27-2015, 03:55 PM
Lack of pass rush is main reason this team lost today. Mallet had a field day and was touched three times whole game.
Ben forcing things didnt help either...
I kept saying that in the GameDay thread. Where was the pressure? Mallet had all day to throw.

Shoes
12-27-2015, 03:58 PM

Well those 3 points would have put us in OT. If some are going to pick on Ben and the D, this ranks right up there. Tomlin didn't have this team ready.

ETL
12-27-2015, 04:00 PM
Blame the defense all you want but the Ravens scored 20 total points. With our offense - we should win when we limit the other team to 20 points

this was an offensive loss. If you don't want to blame the offense - then stop putting them on a pedestal as being one of the best.

Some of youse treat Ben and the offense like the Christian God - gets credit and praise for the good - never the blame for the bad.

86WARD
12-27-2015, 04:02 PM
I'd break down blame like this:

Tomlin - 30%
Haley - 20%
Ben - 15%
Butler - 15%
Rest of the team - 20%

43Hitman
12-27-2015, 04:04 PM
The only player I would exempt from blame would be DW. He played great this game and year. What a pickup he was.

Bell who?
12-27-2015, 04:07 PM
As soon as the Patriots knew that Pittsburgh lost, they gave that game to the Jets. They won the coin toss but chose to kick in overtime. If anyone thinks the Steelers still have a chance to make the playoffs is crazy.
Aw c'mon. Pats really lose on purpose to stiff another team in week 16? Another golden miracle will occur and Steelers make playoffs.

Shoes
12-27-2015, 04:09 PM
Blame the defense all you want but the Ravens scored 20 total points. With our offense - we should win when we limit the other team to 20 points

this was an offensive loss. If you don't want to blame the offense - then stop putting them on a pedestal as being one of the best.

Some of youse treat Ben and the offense like the Christian God - gets credit and praise for the good - never the blame for the bad.

....and if Tomlin would have kicked a FG rather then going for it on 4th down early in the game, this game would have probably gone into OT. Tomlin's ego is bigger than his bag of bulls**t.

SteelerFanInStl
12-27-2015, 04:12 PM
....and if Tomlin would have kicked a FG rather then going for it on 4th down early in the game, this game would have probably gone into OT. Tomlin's ego is bigger than his bag of bulls**t.
The last sentence is so true. He's too damn cocky.

CraigEC
12-27-2015, 04:21 PM
Tomlin doesn't get off totally for this loss, but he doesn't deserve to be fired for this loss either. You cannot have 2 interceptions against a team like Baltimore, no matter how terrible they seemed to be playing other teams. They're always going to play the Steelers as if it's a Superbowl game. The Steelers need to reciprocate that feeling. Ben did not reciprocate that feeling. The first matchup was a gift to the Ravens, this loss hurt even more! It sucks that we now have to rely on Buffalo and I'm hoping they can knock off the Jets...but we really needed this win. Still...GO STEELERS!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Moose
12-27-2015, 04:26 PM
If you can't beat a 4-win team on the road in December, you don't deserve to go to the playoffs.

Nothing else needs to be said ! Exactly.

fansince'76
12-27-2015, 04:31 PM
Blame Ben? I didn't see our defense lighting it up out there, either. They could have won that game with a couple of turnovers and a few big stops.

I know, right? Funny, but I didn't hear these criticisms of all of Ben's "shortcomings" when he was generating two 4th quarter TD drives in a come-from-behind win against supposedly the best defense in the league last week... :coffee:

43Hitman
12-27-2015, 04:33 PM
Defense held them to 20, that's good for this group.
10 points off of our turnovers.

MrPgh
12-27-2015, 04:46 PM
Tomlin doesn't get off totally for this loss, but he doesn't deserve to be fired for this loss either. You cannot have 2 interceptions against a team like Baltimore, no matter how terrible they seemed to be playing other teams. They're always going to play the Steelers as if it's a Superbowl game. The Steelers need to reciprocate that feeling. Ben did not reciprocate that feeling. The first matchup was a gift to the Ravens, this loss hurt even more! It sucks that we now have to rely on Buffalo and I'm hoping they can knock off the Jets...but we really needed this win. Still...GO STEELERS!!

You say that like it is the first time a Tomlin-coached team has lost to an inferior opponent.

zulater
12-27-2015, 04:47 PM
You say that like it is the first time a Tomlin-coached team has lost to an inferior opponent.

It's not. And it wont be the last either.

43Hitman
12-27-2015, 04:49 PM
So you agree that some of the blame if not most of it falls on his shoulders. The picks are definitely on Ben, I'll concede that.

CraigEC
12-27-2015, 04:49 PM
Tomlin gets his fair share of the blame for this...but he wasn't the one who threw those 2 interceptions. He should be blamed for that?

stillers4me
12-27-2015, 04:56 PM
Aaron Rogers just threw a pick in the endzone. Apparently, he can no longer be considered elite. :coffee:

SteelMayhem72
12-27-2015, 05:04 PM
yep...thought the same thing

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

43Hitman
12-27-2015, 05:05 PM
Just stop with the "the pats lost on purpose" angle. It's ridiculous and laughable.

Count Steeler
12-27-2015, 05:28 PM
Nah, no trap game here. Steelers came out with purpose and fire because they knew they were going up against Baltimore. Surely they would exact revenge for the game they handed them back at Heinz field.

Yeaaah.

katmandu
12-27-2015, 05:33 PM
They don't have as many bad games as Ben does though.

I love Ben and will stick with him, but yeah, he has cost of quite a few games that were probably winnable.Ya know....makes me wonder if Ben doesn't unconsciously fall into a level complacency because of the SHITTY secondary he faces in PRACTICE everyday!

This would makes sense since it's obviously basically effortless to SHRED them day in and day out. That, I believe would make him NOT as sharp as his abilities would allow.

Just think IF Ben had to face a Defensive secondary as the Seahawks in practice everyday. Just think how much BETTER Ben would play...... and MOST IMPORTANTLY........ BE PREPARED to face secondary's better than OURS is !

Think bout it.

teegre
12-27-2015, 05:37 PM
Three nights ago, I was up until 3:00am wrapping presents... and the kids were up at 5:30. Then, it was two days of family. I ran on adrenaline for two days, but I'm in a fog today.

BB's kid is about the same age as my little one.

I blame Santa.

hawaiiansteeler
12-27-2015, 05:44 PM

"I don't worry abut that -- that's elevator music.

You know we as coaches know that we are going to be judged by those calculated decisions that you make, but I think if you die, you die with your boots on”...

stillers4me
12-27-2015, 05:49 PM
Three nights ago, I was up until 3:00am wrapping presents... and the kids were up at 5:30. Then, it was two days of family. I ran on adrenaline for two days, but I'm in a fog today.

I blame Santa.

You might be onto something here... :heh:

Christmas 2015 at the Roethlisberger's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVBCAzcxWVY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQ_Kp2gLDKI

zoneblitzerII
12-27-2015, 05:50 PM
I know, right? Funny, but I didn't hear these criticisms of all of Ben's "shortcomings" when he was generating two 4th quarter TD drives in a come-from-behind win against supposedly the best defense in the league last week... :coffee:

Today's D was far better than Denver's

katmandu
12-27-2015, 06:02 PM
I kept saying that in the GameDay thread. Where was the pressure? Mallet had all day to throw.That should be a very serious concern cause there was NONE !

- - - Updated - - -

I blame Santa.I knew it! That fat bastard ! :wink02:

https://s3.amazonaws.com/lowres.cartoonstock.com/seasonal-celebrations-christmas-body_image-santa-fatness-st_nicholas-mgtn235_low.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This team continues to lose to below average teams. Why is that? The numbers are staggering.

Cause what I said ealier in this thread.

Ya know....makes me wonder if Ben doesn't unconsciously fall into a level complacency because of the SHITTY secondary he faces in PRACTICE everyday!

This would makes sense since it's obviously basically effortless to SHRED them day in and day out. That, I believe would make him NOT as sharp as his abilities would allow.

Just think IF Ben had to face a Defensive secondary as the Seahawks in practice everyday. Just think how much BETTER Ben would play...... and MOST IMPORTANTLY........ BE PREPARED to face secondary's better than OURS is !

Think bout it

Shoes
12-27-2015, 06:05 PM

You are correct, Zu!

Steel Dad ‏@SteelDad (https://twitter.com/SteelDad) 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/SteelDad/status/681236543214907393)
When you lose 7 of 11 to under .500 teams and 8 of last 11 to BAL that my friends is a pattern and not a good one. #Steelers (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash)
16 retweets36 likes

ETL
12-27-2015, 06:06 PM
Aaron Rogers just threw a pick in the endzone. Apparently, he can no longer be considered elite. :coffee:

yep. Not elite because it's costing his team a playoff spot

oh, hey. Wait a minute. They are already in the playoffs. Rogers already got his team into the playoffs. Imagine that

43Hitman
12-27-2015, 06:06 PM
That's pathetic. Period, and it falls squarely on Tomlins shoulders.

ETL
12-27-2015, 06:08 PM

A qb should be judged by wins and losses. You are correct. If he team wins - praises go to him. If they lose - he deserves some of the blame.

hawaiiansteeler
12-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Nah, no trap game here. Steelers came out with purpose and fire because they knew they were going up against Baltimore. Surely they would exact revenge for the game they handed them back at Heinz field.

Yeaaah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyp9fh-u4w8

ETL
12-27-2015, 06:12 PM
Today's D was far better than Denver's

Correct. And if the offense wants to be known as a ball control low scoring offense - then our defense needs to do better than give up 20 points. But don't expect accolades about being one of the best offenses and then blame the defense for losses such as this. If the streelers lost 42-40 - then yea, blame the defense

lipps83
12-27-2015, 06:13 PM
You are correct, Zu!

Steel Dad ‏@SteelDad (https://twitter.com/SteelDad) 2h2 hours ago (https://twitter.com/SteelDad/status/681236543214907393)
When you lose 7 of 11 to under .500 teams and 8 of last 11 to BAL that my friends is a pattern and not a good one. #Steelers (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash)
16 retweets36 likes

Steel Dad is wrong with his Baltimore claim so I am not even going to bother looking up the accuracy of his below .500 claim.

86WARD
12-27-2015, 06:15 PM

Yeaaah.

Maybe they didn't hand that game to Baltimore...maybe they just got their ass kicked...twice...

ALLD
12-27-2015, 06:39 PM
Maybe they didn't hand that game to Baltimore...maybe they just got their ass kicked...twice...

Steelers weren't ready to play 4 quarters. They looked like they were waiting for dessert after turkey leftovers. Stupid, reckless calls, even in the 1st quarter are still stupid especially if the team never recovers from them. It's turning into a double down gambling event every game now. At best you split, but the house usually wins.

Shoes
12-27-2015, 06:49 PM
Steel Dad is wrong with his Baltimore claim so I am not even going to bother looking up the accuracy of his below .500 claim.

I don't think so. The Steelers have indeed lost 8 of the last 11 games to the Ravens.

12/27/2015
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
A
M&T Bank Stadium (Baltimore, MD)
L 20-17 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2015122713)

10/01/2015
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
Heinz Field (Pittsburgh, PA)
L 23-20 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2015100101), OT

01/03/2015 *
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
L 30-17 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2015010302)

11/02/2014
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
W 43-23 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2014110211)

09/11/2014
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
A
L 26-6 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2014091101)

11/28/2013
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
A
L 22-20 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2013112803)

10/20/2013
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
W 19-16 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2013102012)

12/02/2012
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
A
W 23-20 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2012120213)

11/18/2012
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
L 13-10 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2012111812)

11/06/2011
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
L 23-20 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2011110613)

09/11/2011
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
A
L 35-7 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2011091105)

ETL
12-27-2015, 06:50 PM
Ben reminds me of Brett Farve. High risk and high reward. Farve finished with all the accolades as being one of the best QBs ever (good for him) but only won one SB which was very early in his career.

if people here want to root and toot about how great Ben is - fine, you win - he's great. He's got all the stat records and Steeler passing records and blah blah blah. He's the best ever. You win.

I'm a simple stupid fan - alls I care about is for the Steelers to win super bowls

zulater
12-27-2015, 07:05 PM
Ben reminds me of Brett Farve. High risk and high reward. Farve finished with all the accolades as being one of the best QBs ever (good for him) but only won one SB which was very early in his career.

if people here want to root and toot about how great Ben is - fine, you win - he's great. He's got all the stat records and Steeler passing records and blah blah blah. He's the best ever. You win.

I'm a simple stupid fan - alls I care about is for the Steelers to win super bowls

Yeah, they only went about a generation between SB wins between Brad and Ben. Just another qb. I'll sure we'll find another just as good within 30 years. :doh:

- - - Updated - - -

So outside of Brady (who went 10 years between SB wins) who is this mythical qb who never loses an important game?

Shoes
12-27-2015, 07:06 PM
Well one thing is dam sure. Ben voices the blame to himself in games like this. Tomlin never take the heat on himself, ever! Just like todays presser, he said they lost because of turnovers, but rejected that he should have gone for the 3 points. No remarks about the coaching as usual.

st33lersguy
12-27-2015, 07:11 PM
Dumblin once again having this team play lethargic football and that braindead decision cost this team. Tomlin has allowed this shit to go on for far too long

Psycho Ward 86
12-27-2015, 07:14 PM
villanueva had his worst game ever. i still have high hopes for him but if we end up getting into the playoffs he needs to be better. he was a big part of Ben's misfires

fansince'76
12-27-2015, 07:15 PM
yep. Not elite because it's costing his team a playoff spot

oh, hey. Wait a minute. They are already in the playoffs. Rogers already got his team into the playoffs. Imagine that

Yeah? Rodgers miss 1/4 of the season too?

zulater
12-27-2015, 07:22 PM

Yeah they're also in a division and conference where 9-6 would still give you a good shot at the division and a lock on a wildcard berth.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah they're also in a division and conference where 9-6 would still give you a good shot at the division and a lock on a wildcard berth.

86WARD
12-27-2015, 07:23 PM
Well one thing is dam sure. Ben voices the blame to himself in games like this. Tomlin never take the heat on himself, ever! Just like todays presser, he said they lost because of turnovers, but rejected that he should have gone for the 3 points. No remarks about the coaching as usual.

He's the total opposite of Andy Reid. Reid accepts all blame...too much, like you long for him to put the responsibility on the player and he never does. Somewhere in between would be nice.

Shoes
12-27-2015, 07:38 PM
He's the total opposite of Andy Reid. Reid accepts all blame...too much, like you long for him to put the responsibility on the player and he never does. Somewhere in between would be nice.

And Ron Rivera. I have a clip somewhere of Rivera's presser after a loss last year and he put the entire loss on himself and his coaches.

lipps83
12-27-2015, 08:25 PM
I don't think so. The Steelers have indeed lost 8 of the last 11 games to the Ravens.

12/27/2015
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
A
L 20-17 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2015122713)

10/01/2015
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
L 23-20 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2015100101), OT

01/03/2015 *
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
L 30-17 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2015010302)

11/02/2014
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
W 43-23 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2014110211)

09/11/2014
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
A
L 26-6 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2014091101)

11/28/2013
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
A
L 22-20 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2013112803)

10/20/2013
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
W 19-16 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2013102012)

12/02/2012
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
A
W 23-20 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2012120213)

11/18/2012
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
L 13-10 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2012111812)

11/06/2011
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
H
L 23-20 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2011110613)

09/11/2011
Pittsburgh Steelers
Baltimore Ravens
A
L 35-7 (http://www.footballdb.com/games/boxscore.html?gid=2011091105)

I guess you get to put your shoe in my mouth. I looked it up on pro-football-reference and it was 4-7 in the last 11 BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T PUT TODAY'S GAME IN YET. I am stoopid.

I am going to go ahead and give myself a facepalm.

Godfather
12-28-2015, 01:15 PM
I prefer to blame Canada.