PDA

View Full Version : Report: Al Jazeera probe into doping includes allegations against Steelers' Harrison

stillers4me
12-27-2015, 08:12 AM
An Al Jazeera probe into doping in global sports that is set to air Sunday and was shared in advance with The Huffington Post includes allegations against Steelers linebacker James Harrison and several other high-profile athletes.

Liam Collins, a British hurdler, went undercover and spoke with Charlie Sly, an Austin, Texas-based pharmacist who worked at the Guyer Institute, an Indianapolis-based anti-aging clinic.

Sly said in the Al Jazeera report that he gave a drug called Delta-2 to Harrison.........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/nfl/9698310-74/manning-2011-jazeera#ixzz3vWwQSQXR

st33lersguy
12-27-2015, 08:19 AM
Al-Jazeera? Ok not believing it. Wonder why they are taking a break from promoting and defending Islamic Terrrorism to claim that a bunch of athletes did doping?

stillers4me
12-27-2015, 08:22 AM
What the allegations involving Steelers James Harrison mean

All it takes is an accusation to bring down a player, a politician or even an every day rube. Steelers linebacker James Harrison was named in an international investigation regarding the distribution of a designer form of human growth hormone that is said by its creators to be undetectable by drug tests used in professional sports in the U.S.

The report, conducted by Al Jazeera’s Investigation Unit, doesn’t make accusations of use of the drug, named Delta-2, by high-profile players such as Peyton Manning, Julius Peppers and Harrison, as well as MLB players Ryan Howard and Jordan Zimmerman and boxer Mike Tyson, but it does show how the drug can be obtained.

That begs the question among Steelers fans whether such a report can be trusted, and what that would do to the legacy of Harrison.

The video, spread in circulation in the U.S. by the Huffington Post, doesn’t give dates to which Harrison might have obtained or used the drug, but the timeframe in which Manning received it, according to the media network, was in 2011, after Manning had neck surgery and was in recovery for it..........

read more @ http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/12/27/steelers-james-harrison-hgh-steroids-scandal-drugs-peyton-manning/

86WARD
12-27-2015, 08:37 AM
It wouldn't be surprising but to me, he's a monster, it wouldn't affect his legacy. Most of his legacy, to me, is his attitude.

TD's & Beer
12-27-2015, 08:41 AM
Peyton Manning adds Ari Fleischer to HGH allegation P.R. effort

In the case of Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning, who issued a personal statement on Saturday night calling the report from Al Jazeera regarding secretly-taped claims that he used HGH in 2011 “complete garbage,” Peyton isn’t content to rely simply on his denial. White House press secretary Ari Fleischer also has been enlisted to speak on Manning’s behalf.

“There’s no truth to it,” Fleischer said of the report, via Troy E. Renck and Nicki Jhabvala of the Denver Post. “What they have is a well-known con man from England who secretly recorded a former intern.”

The former Guyer Institute intern, Charles Sly, reportedly has recanted the claim that Manning used HGH. Sly was caught on tape (unbeknownst to him) making the allegations by Liam Collins, a British hurdler who went undercover in an effort to expose PED use in sports. Sly told Al Jazeera that the statements attributed to him are “absolutely false and incorrect,” and that Collins took advantage of Sly during a vulnerable period following the passing of his fiancé. Sly separately told ESPN that he lied to Collins to test his legitimacy. (At some point, the sheer volume of alternative explanations from Sly makes each of them curious, at best.)

Peyton supplemented his Saturday night statement with comments to ESPN’s Chris Mortensen, who has a long relationship with the Manning family and has broken many Manning-related stories, including Peyton’s selection of the Broncos in 2012. (Patriots fans will appreciate — or not — the irony of Mortensen’s early involvement in the life cycle of this specific story.)

“For the record, I have never used HGH,” Manning told Mortensen. “It absolutely never happened. The whole thing is totally wrong. It’s such a fabrication, I’m not losing any sleep over it, that’s for sure.”

He may not be losing sleep over it, but Manning or someone close to him is sufficiently concerned about the donut hole that emerged on Saturday to retain the services of someone who helps high-profile people put out P.R. firestorms for a living.

“The treatment he received at the Guyer Institute was provided on the advice of his physician and with the knowledge of team doctors and trainers,” Manning’s agent told Al Jazeera in connection with the original story on the matter. “Any medical treatment received by Ashley [Manning] is a private matter of hers, her doctor, and her family.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ry/rumor-mill/ (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/)

cold-hard-steel
12-27-2015, 09:23 AM
Wow , this isn't good at all. Seems to me maybe the wrong people are trying to infiltrate our passion for the game of football. Just the article being published tells me heads up . But we do have AV on our sideline. I have no liking for this implicating article what so-ever. Heads up if you ask me .

salamander
12-27-2015, 11:41 AM
What the hell?

stillers4me
12-27-2015, 11:44 AM
The "source" has recanted his story.

MrPgh
12-27-2015, 11:48 AM

Yet they are still airing the documentary for some reason.

fansince'76
12-27-2015, 11:54 AM
Yet they are still airing the documentary for some reason.

The truth no longer matters where the media is concerned...

vader29
12-27-2015, 11:56 AM
http://i68.tinypic.com/am8kgl.jpg

:chuckle:

MrPgh
12-27-2015, 12:00 PM
http://i68.tinypic.com/am8kgl.jpg

:chuckle:

Okay, even though the report is false that's still pretty funny.

hawaiiansteeler
12-27-2015, 12:39 PM

James Harrison called him...:chuckle:

katmandu
12-27-2015, 02:32 PM
What the allegations involving Steelers James Harrison mean

All it takes is an accusation to bring down a player, a politician or even an every day rube.Unfortunately, this is absolute correct since people to have totally lost (or never acquired) the skill of CRITICAL THINKING !

- - - Updated - - -

The truth no longer matters where the media is concerned... A certain news station claims to be Fair and Balanced and why shouldn't we believe them since they SAID SO ! :dizzy:

MrPgh
12-27-2015, 05:04 PM
Harrison is pretty pissed about these allegations....

NCSteeler
12-27-2015, 09:24 PM
Doesn't matter if it's true once it's on tv it's true . Lots of people make all TV a fact

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zulater
12-28-2015, 09:24 PM
I don't know if the allegations against these players are true or not? Not even sure if I care that much to be honest? But what I don't understand is why the rest of the sporting press isn't tearing Al Jazeera and Huffpo a new arse for going to press with this report? A single sourced story with no corroborating evidence, based simple on hearsay from an easily impugned source, a person who obviously misrepresented themselves. ( the report listed the informant as a a licensed pharmacist. He wasn't and isn't, nor did he work at the clinic until 2013 when the Manning allegation supposedly occurred in 11.) The National Enquirer has a higher standard of proof before going to press on a story for God's sake! Unless there's another shoe to drop, they haven;t revealed all of their evidence then this is a sham of a mockery! :lol: Seriously I don;t get why ESPN, NFL.com, Fox sports, CBS Sports etc... don't just challenge Al Jazeera and Huffpo to put up or shut up?!

In other words it's time to stop asking these players questions and start questioning the motive of publishing such a flimsily supported story!

fansince'76
12-28-2015, 11:30 PM
But what I don't understand is why the rest of the sporting press isn't tearing Al Jazeera and Huffpo a new arse for going to press with this report?

Consider the sources. I wrote it off as complete and utter bullshit from the get-go. An anti-Western "news" (propaganda) outlet being parroted by an ultra-liberal, left-wing wacko fringe "news" (propaganda) outlet. Not to mention that the anti-Western "news" outlet in question continues to stick by the story despite the fact that their only source, which was shaky at best to begin with, has recanted.

Yeah, real credible. I hope Manning kicks their asses in court. Frankly, I think Harrison and every other person smeared by this should join in and make it a class action suit to boot.

katmandu
12-29-2015, 12:07 AM
Consider the sources. I wrote it off as complete and utter bullshit from the get-go. An anti-Western "news" (propaganda) outlet being parroted by an ultra-liberal, left-wing wacko fringe "news" (propaganda) outlet. Not to mention that the anti-Western "news" outlet in question continues to stick by the story despite the fact that their only source, which was shaky at best to begin with, has recanted. I did as well.

The "News (Journalism) is pure shiiittt nowadays. Pure garbage.... and the presidential election season is just around the corner. Get ready to man your battle stations.

Just throw out unsubstantiated allegations and it becomes fact.

Tell a lie enough times people will believe it.

fansince'76
12-29-2015, 12:10 AM
The "News (Journalism) is pure shiiittt nowadays. Pure garbage.... and the presidential election season is just around the corner. Get ready to man your battle stations.

Yep, got my hip waders at the ready because the bullshit is going to get really deep, methinks...

katmandu
12-29-2015, 12:20 AM
Yep, got my hip waders at the ready because the bullshit is going to get really deep, methinks...Reality TV at it's finest conducted by the Master....... BIFF !! LMAO !

st33lersguy
12-29-2015, 12:20 AM
I guess Al-Jazeera wanted to take a break from defending ISIS and Islamic terrorism to smear hardworking athletes

Steeldude
12-29-2015, 07:07 AM
What the hell is an Al Jazeera? I have never heard of this media outlet until this came up.

tube517
12-29-2015, 09:56 AM
What the hell is an Al Jazeera? I have never heard of this media outlet until this came up.

I thought they were a front for Al Queda "news" or any Islamic terrorist group??? They have nothing to do with sports. This report is bullshit anyways considering this "News source"

fansince'76
12-29-2015, 10:53 AM

In a nutshell, it's basically a Middle Eastern "news" network that seems to specialize more in anti-Western propaganda and being an apologist mouthpiece for Muslim extremism than anything else.

hawaiiansteeler
12-29-2015, 03:49 PM
Al Jazeera reporter: We didn't allege Peyton used HGH

By Dan Hanzus
Around the NFL Writer
Published: Dec. 29, 2015

A reporter involved with the Al Jazeera documentary on doping in sports says that Broncos quarterback Peyton Manning was never directly connected to the use of human growth hormone in its hidden-camera investigation.

"The only allegation in the program from Charlie Sly is that growth hormone was sent repeatedly from the (anti-aging clinic) Guyer (Institute) to Ashley Manning in Florida," Al Jazeera reporter Deborah Davies told NBC's Today show. "We're not making the allegation against Peyton Manning."

Ashley Manning is Peyton Manning's wife of 14 years. Manning's agent, Tom Condon, did not deny that Ashley -- who gave birth to twins in 2011 -- received supplements, and Manning confirmed he was a patient at the Guyer Institute, where Sly worked. Manning said this week he had "never heard of (Sly) up until this report."

Sly worked as an unpaid intern at the Guyer Institute of Molecular Medicine in Indianapolis for three months in 2013. He later recanted the statements he made during the hidden-camera investigation.

"The allegation that I would do something like that is complete garbage and is totally made up," Manning said in a statement Saturday. "It never happened. Never. I really can't believe somebody would put something like this on the air. Whoever said this is making stuff up."

The documentary alleges Ashley Manning received HGH shipments in 2011, the same year Manning was recovering from neck surgery that had threatened to end his legendary NFL career. HGH is a banned in the NFL, which began testing for the substance prior to the 2014 season.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000611994/article/al-jazeera-reporter-we-didnt-allege-peyton-used-hgh

cold-hard-steel
12-29-2015, 04:29 PM
If you want to hear real anti-western bullshit google "Press TV " and read and watch the real source speak. Don't forget to read all the comments at the end of each article.

cold-hard-steel
12-29-2015, 06:50 PM
Al-Jazeera oh Al-Jazeera if that's even how you spell it . Israel is a thorn in our side . Iran says that Israel is the new Washington dc. They believe that too . If I was president I would declare once and for all that Palistine is a state. Israel can not keep doing what they are doing . Where is the right in that ?