PDA

View Full Version : Dixon takes snaps with first-team in Steelers practice

LLT
09-06-2010, 01:39 PM
Dixon takes snaps with first-team in Steelers practice
Monday, September 06, 2010
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Quarterback Dennis Dixon is at the controls of the first-team offense today as the Steelers begin practices for their regular-season opener against Atlanta on Sunday.

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/10249/1085513-100.stm#ixzz0ymBIPGhP

solardave
09-06-2010, 03:46 PM
I think it's the right move.

ALLD
09-06-2010, 05:21 PM
It was down to him, Batch, or Randal El.

venom
09-06-2010, 05:27 PM
Now that Lefty is out 3-4 weeks , Dixon is the man . Best of luck kid !!!!!!

Crow-Magnon
09-06-2010, 07:23 PM
With Leftwich out, do you think Tomlin/Arians is going to let Dixon use his legs as often as he did last season when playing, or will they rein him in to prevent injury?

Texasteel
09-06-2010, 08:00 PM
With Leftwich out, do you think Tomlin/Arians is going to let Dixon use his legs as often as he did last season when playing, or will they rein him in to prevent injury?

That's a hell of a good question Crow. I wish I had a hell of a good answer. The only thing I can say is that I hope he plays to win, instead of playing not to loose. Let the kid play.

Craic
09-06-2010, 11:38 PM

IMO, I think reigning him in will only hurt him. He is new, very young, and only has one start in a real game. I think Tomlin/Arians will tell him to give the first receiver a look, then the second receiver down field a look. If it isn't there, RUN.

cold-hard-steel
09-07-2010, 12:07 AM
I think he needs all the reps he can get. Batch is good to go. Just me.

Edman
09-07-2010, 12:22 AM
Let Dixon play. If we lose, I want it to be because we couldn't get the job done, not because we played not to lose.

Also, the running game HAS to do it's job. Mendenhall, Moore, and Redman have to step up and take pressure off Dennis.

Crow-Magnon
09-07-2010, 03:03 PM
All I know is Flacco ran the ball a lot more as a rookie than he did in his second year, and I guaran-ass-tee that Dixon could run rings around Joe. Sometimes I think if a QB can haul ass, let him haul ass. He's probably better protected by running the ball in the open then he is sitting in the pocket and getting blindsided because he's still not used to how friggin' fast NFL linebackers and safeties are on a blitz.

Just slide!!!!

ALLD
09-07-2010, 03:10 PM
Don't worry, Dixon will be running for his life behind that OL.