PDA

View Full Version : This team has heart

stillers4me
12-21-2015, 08:19 AM
I don't know about the rest of you, but I like what I'm seeing out of our young and hungry team. I like to think that they are learning invaluable lessons from a couple of key vets...Ben, AB, James, Heyward, Williams and Peezy. Thank you, Coach Munchak for coming to Pittsburgh! What a turn around last night!! Yep...we still need to shore up that secondary but we are seeing the future of this team unfolding right before our eyes and it is very, very promising. There was no "give up" last night....and I've seen that fire growing each and every week.

Click it

JKLTO
12-21-2015, 08:28 AM
Best snippet of Coach Tomlin ever. I don't know how he knew exactly which camera to look into at just that perfect moment in time, but it was magical.

Steelman
12-21-2015, 08:29 AM
I definitely agree. This is the essence of what I posted last week after the Bengals win, and saw it on even greater display in the second half yesterday. That's the kind of attitude you want to see in these last few games of the season.

Born2Steel
12-21-2015, 08:41 AM
The playoffs have already began for this team. And it shows.

Hawkman
12-21-2015, 08:49 AM
Best snippet of Coach Tomlin ever. I don't know how he knew exactly which camera to look into at just that perfect moment in time, but it was magical.

The red light was on.

ALLD
12-21-2015, 04:52 PM
Champions are champions not because they do anything extraordinary but because they do the ordinary things better than anyone else.

On every team, there is a core group that sets the tone for everyone else. If the tone is positive, you have half the battle won. If it is negative, you are beaten before you ever walk on the field.

-Chuck Noll

Joe Greene remembered it this way: “The thing that really, really gave us the impetus and the mind-set, and gave us – as Chuck always said – the refuse-to-be-denied attitude – came on the Monday after we beat Buffalo in the first round of the playoffs in 1974. People on the outside would always hear things like the refuse-to-be-denied attitude and call it a cliché, but to us it was real. But anyway, we were sitting in the team meeting room over at Three Rivers Stadium, and Chuck said, ‘You know, the coach of the Raiders said the two best teams in football (Miami and Oakland) played yesterday, and that was the Super Bowl.’ Then he said, ‘Well, the Super Bowl is three weeks from now, and the best team in pro football is sitting right here in this room.’

ETL
12-21-2015, 06:42 PM
Team has heart but the fans ....we could use some more heart. We were ready to fire everybody and every coach at half-time

tube517
12-21-2015, 06:46 PM
Team has heart but the fans ....we could use some more heart. We were ready to fire everybody and every coach at half-time
That is every Steelers forum. Nothing new.

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

ETL
12-21-2015, 06:51 PM
That is every Steelers forum. Nothing new.

so I guess the lessons is don't take anything they write with any credibility

Count Steeler
12-21-2015, 09:48 PM
so I guess the lessons is don't take anything they write with any credibility

Not in the heat of a game, unfortunately.

Craic
12-21-2015, 11:40 PM
Not in the heat of a game, unfortunately.

Or for the following two or three days, apparently. :wink02:

hawaiiansteeler
12-21-2015, 11:44 PM

that's not true at all.

I merely asked my waitress at halftime if it was possible to start bringing me 2 beers at a time during the second half instead of only one...:alcohol:

HollywoodSteel
12-21-2015, 11:55 PM
Oh, I have no problem admitting that I am certifiably insane during Steelers games. Anything I write should be read for amusement purposes only. Even the pets in my house know not to come anywhere near me when the Steelers are playing. I'd have my wife remove all means of accessing the internet on game day, except I might occasionally post something so insane it might make someone laugh. I'm a giver like that.

stillers4me
12-22-2015, 05:37 AM
My 78 year old Mom has the right attitude.

"Oh, will you all just settle down! Ben has the whole second half to fix this!"

And she's usually right. :lol:

tube517
12-22-2015, 07:11 AM
My 78 year old Mom has the right attitude.

"Oh, will you all just settle down! Ben has the whole second half to fix this!"

And she's usually right. [emoji38]
My wife said the same [emoji106]

fansince'76
12-22-2015, 07:32 AM
Oh, I have no problem admitting that I am certifiably insane during Steelers games. Anything I write should be read for amusement purposes only.

Same here. I use the gameday threads to vent when things are going badly. Heat of the moment, nothing more.

polamalubeast
12-22-2015, 07:34 AM
Same here. I use the gameday threads to vent when things are going badly. Heat of the moment, nothing more.

Same for me too.

fansince'76
12-22-2015, 07:35 AM
Same for me too.

I vented a LOT during the first half this past Sunday. :chuckle:

polamalubeast
12-22-2015, 07:49 AM
We had reason to be angry in the first half.This was the biggest game of the year and the defense played one of the worst half I saw of my life against a poor offense.

I loved the character of the steelers in the 2nd half, but we can not have another bad start like that, because we probably played our last home game of the season.It's harder to make a comeback on the road

tube517
12-22-2015, 08:59 AM
I vented a LOT during the first half this past Sunday. :chuckle:

Ditto

In the 2nd half,

1. I was doing the "Tomlin point" to my son and wife.
2. Also, some AB type dancing with one hand in the air.
3. Lying flat on the hardwood floor staring at the ceiling after Ben's WTF INT. :chuckle:

86WARD
12-22-2015, 09:19 AM

Same...lol. It makes me feel better...

fansince'76
12-22-2015, 09:37 AM
Ditto

In the 2nd half,

1. I was doing the "Tomlin point" to my son and wife.
2. Also, some AB type dancing with one hand in the air.
3. Lying flat on the hardwood floor staring at the ceiling after Ben's WTF INT. :chuckle:

Were you wearing Oakleys at the time? :chuckle:

86WARD
12-22-2015, 09:47 AM
If he wasn't wearing "Cool Shades" than it wasn't worth doing...

tube517
12-22-2015, 09:57 AM
Were you wearing Oakleys at the time? :chuckle: Ray bans....

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-FPLZijwM4Vg/UwuP1iJQzqI/AAAAAAAAJFg/C6Ay9Mlb42M/s1600/S+3.PNG

stillers4me
12-23-2015, 05:35 AM
We should name that hippo " Ray Ban".

:heh:

86WARD
12-23-2015, 07:30 AM

Ray Ban the Hippo? I like it. Has so many future references!!!

teegre
12-23-2015, 08:41 AM
Secret agent Ray (Poker) Bann of the international banking hippo conglomerate.

Steelman
12-23-2015, 08:50 AM

:applaudit:

:toofunny: