PDA

View Full Version : It's about time we won one of these games.

Edman
12-20-2015, 10:04 PM
Show of hands. Who among you became all too familiar and quite sick of our "Number One" Defenses collapse to blow a late lead to lose the game in the past? It almost cost us a Super Bowl title.

Sunday's win was an all too familiar sight. The Steelers jump on team early, but the other team gains life and wins/ties it in in the end. Only this time, it was the Steelers on the good end.

The Steelers erased a 17 point deficit against the Top-Ranked D's in the league that to this date, was considered shut down. I can personally feel Denver fans heartache right now.

fansince'76
12-20-2015, 10:08 PM
Show of hands. Who among you became all too familiar and quite sick of our "Number One" Defenses collapse to blow a late lead to lose the game in the past? It almost cost us a Super Bowl title.

Not to mention the five 4th quarter leads it gave up in 2009 for losses (that were ultimately blamed on Arians)...

Edman
12-20-2015, 10:13 PM
Not to mention the five 4th quarter leads it gave up in 2009 for losses (that were ultimately blamed on Arians)...

Arians getting the blame wasn't the problem. He deserved a share of that. His Offenses were unable to put teams away or do anything in the second half.

The problem was that Lebeau was absolved of ALL blame, when he should've gotten the lions share of it.

fansince'76
12-20-2015, 10:18 PM
Arians getting the blame wasn't the problem. He deserved a share of that. His Offenses were unable to put teams away or do anything in the second half.

The problem was that Lebeau was absolved of ALL blame, when he should've gotten the lions share of it.

Agreed. That was my problem with it. There was a certain faction on the old board that treated LeBeau like a god who was completely above any criticism whatsoever.

Texasteel
12-21-2015, 08:56 AM
Agreed. That was my problem with it. There was a certain faction on the old board that treated LeBeau like a god who was completely above any criticism whatsoever.

Part of the problem is, or at lest was, the team can sometimes be to loyal. I remember after our run in the 70s we hung on to a few player a bit to long. It took us a long time to recover from that.

Remember the 70s, when the best time in football was the Steelers, the second best was the Steelers backups.

ALLD
12-21-2015, 04:44 PM
The ghost of LeBeau should eliminated from the team. The exclusive zone defense doesn't work against anybody and forget about tackle the catch thing that usually digs holes. His old prevent defense only prevented wins. Arians was one dimensional and too often he got out schemed. Doing enough just to win was often not good enough.

Yes, we won 2 Super Bowls in that period and Mendenhall fumbled away another, but it could have been better. Unleashing hell in December was a joke too.

This season we have the ability to exorcise all the bad plays and poor attitudes. Give credit to Munchak and Joey Porter.

HollywoodSteel
12-21-2015, 07:44 PM
Porter certainly deserves some credit, but he has, I think 4 first round linebackers + James Harrison. What Munchak has done almost seems like there's witchcraft involved or something. Our best Olineman out before the season started, but what impresses me even more is how We had a nobody LT come in last year to do very well for us, but now he goes down and an even no-erbody steps in for him to over achieve as well. I'm sure there was some luck involved but I'm still not holding back any props for the dude in charge of that line.

Craic
12-21-2015, 08:30 PM

Sunday's win was an all too familiar sight. The Steelers jump on team early, but the other team gains life and wins/ties it in in the end. Only this time, it was the Steelers on the good end.

The Steelers erased a 17 point deficit against the Top-Ranked D's in the league that to this date, was considered shut down. I can personally feel Denver fans heartache right now.

There's quite a few posts of mine floating somewhere out there in the ethernet concerning that very problem, starting in the SB of 2008 and continuing on through 2009 and 2010.