Game Goat: Whole team. First Half.

Game Ball: Whole team. Second Half.

ETL
12-20-2015, 07:02 PM
Goats of the game: coaches for not having the team prepared in the first half

Game ball: coaches for making the adjustments at half time

ALLD
12-20-2015, 07:03 PM
AB for making some clutch plays and no big mistakes.

polamalubeast
12-20-2015, 07:03 PM
Goats of the game: coaches for not having the team prepared in the first half

Game ball: coaches for making the adjustments at half time

Good point

Count Steeler
12-20-2015, 07:04 PM
Whoever woke this team up. Half time by the coaches? Maybe a player lit a fire under them?

Talk about a tale of 2 defenses. How did they go from being a sieve to being a curtain?

steelerdude15
12-20-2015, 07:06 PM
My game ball and game goat go to the coaching staff. They're my goat because of how the team played in the first half. They came out flat and were down by two touchdowns at the end of the half. The Broncos were throwing at will and there so many holes in the secondary. Then, the coaching staff is my game ball because they made the right adjustments to win the game.

TheRedMan
12-20-2015, 07:07 PM
100% Game Ball goes to Butler for sitting #41 on those last 2 drives.

ETL
My game ball and game goat go to the coaching staff. They're my goat because of how the team played in the first half. They came out flat and were down by two touchdowns at the end of the half. The Broncos were throwing at will and there so many holes in the secondary. Then, the coaching staff is my game ball because they made the right adjustments to win the game.

I say it here and it comes out there

vader29
Antonio and Ben.

zoneblitzerII
12-20-2015, 07:09 PM
Jeez, I might have to give it to the coaches. Something happened in that locker room at halftime and they came out a different club. I might've said Ben for the gameball but that last INT was so horrifically awful that it just put a bitter taste on the whole thing.

Steeltreal
12-20-2015, 07:12 PM
Brown for MVP

Craic
12-20-2015, 07:14 PM
Goat - I'm very tempted to give it to Ben for that INT at the end of the Second half. But, as I've said before, you live and die by the gunslinger's mentality. And, while that wasn't slinging the ball, it's still the gambler behind the gunslinger. Nevertheless, he did enough throughout the rest of the game to keep him out of Goatiness.

So, who's my goat? The entire defense, including the coaches. Unbelievable half of football.

Gameball - And here's why I hate Ben so much sometimes . . . because he makes me feel schizophrenic! He's a goat nominee for the game, but doesn't come away with the award. So, instead. . . he ends up with a gameball for shaking off both INTs and hitting big throws, marching the team down the field repeatedly to come back from a 3 score deficit, and pretty much chooses to ignore Denver's big pass rush all game long.

And speaking of schizophrenic, game ball also gets given to the . . . defense and coaches. I literally have never seen such a different and distinct two halfs of football. Not even in the beginning of last year when we barely beat the Browns.

The entire receiving core gets a gameball for a job very well done.

Special Gameball: my Primary Care Doctor for having me on the correct blood pressure medicine, probably preventing a heart attack.

polamalubeast
12-20-2015, 07:15 PM

Craic
12-20-2015, 07:16 PM

Honestly, that's not surprising. I think they simply ate up the cushion at the snap, but kept many of the same schemes.

Count Steeler
12-20-2015, 07:17 PM

Did he put his shades on in the second half, or did he take them off? Seriously?

tube517
12-20-2015, 07:17 PM
Game Ball: AB, Ben, Boswell, 2nd half D.

Goat: 1st half D. Special teams (falling asleep on that crazy return). Berry as a punter is just as erratic as Brad Wingberger.

GBMelBlount
12-20-2015, 07:18 PM
Game Ball: AB, Ben, Boswell, 2nd half D.

Agreed.

salamander
12-20-2015, 07:19 PM
I give myself the goat for saying the game was over by half time.

Game ball goes to whoever or whatever woke up the team in the 2nd half.

Devilsdancefloor
12-20-2015, 07:22 PM
Receiving Corp

vernon davis hearing mitchell running at him

Steelermania
12-20-2015, 07:31 PM
678744570658553857Steelers Depot @Steelersdepot (https://twitter.com/Steelersdepot) Tomlin said #Steelers (https://twitter.com/hashtag/Steelers?src=hash) defense didnt change much in 2nd half

I hope you didn't think he was going to tell everything they did, when they may well have to face that same team again in 3 weeks.

salamander
12-20-2015, 07:34 PM
I hope you didn't think he was going to tell everything they did, when they may well have to face that same team again in 3 weeks.

In Denver, no less.

Psycho Ward 86
12-20-2015, 07:34 PM
Antonio Brown

- - - Updated - - -

I think this is the biggest comeback(17 points) of the career of Roethlisberger

i distinctly remember him coming back from 21 against the browns in 2007.

Brown gets my gameball. Jesus, i thought Brown's statline would be more like 7 catches, 80 yards. Never ceases to amaze me how unstoppable he is.

Ben and the defense did great against tough odds as well, but they were way too streaky to get today's gameball.

That was an awful 4th quarter interception, but masterful game otherwise. Awful defense to start with, but WOW, who sent out the steel curtain the 2nd half?

I want to find out how much Blake played in each half

86WARD
12-20-2015, 07:36 PM
Game Balls - Antonio Brown, Brandon Boykin, Robert Golden.

Goats - Coaching. Team play in first half.

polamalubeast
12-20-2015, 07:37 PM
i distinctly remember him coming back from 21 against the browns in 2007.

Brown gets my gameball. Jesus, i thought Brown's statline would be more like 7 catches, 80 yards. Never ceases to amaze me how unstoppable he is.

Ben and the defense did great against tough odds as well, but they were way too streaky to get today's gameball.

That was an awful 4th quarter interception, but masterful game otherwise. Awful defense to start with, but WOW, who sent out the steel curtain the 2nd half?

I want to find out how much Blake played in each half

It was 15 points.....

cold-hard-steel
12-20-2015, 07:38 PM
I give the game ball to the whole team for not folding after the first half. They all collected in the 2nd half and showed some medal. Steel metal ! You dent it , bend it ,crinkle it . and it still holds up. We must have an alloy defense. Special game ball to Tomlin for pointing at the camera like he did.

vader29
12-20-2015, 07:44 PM
Did he put his shades on in the second half, or did he take them off? Seriously?

http://i66.tinypic.com/vzeidl.gif

polamalubeast
12-20-2015, 07:48 PM

86WARD
12-20-2015, 07:51 PM
http://i66.tinypic.com/vzeidl.gif

He's a joke.

Steelman
I'm hearing on Twitter that Joey Porter gave an amazing half time speech.

Antonio Brown
Joey Porter and the 2nd half coaching
Big Ben (let's not forget the rest of his day by one bad throw)
Chris Boswell

Count Steeler

Game ball to Joey.

Hawkman
12-20-2015, 07:53 PM
I give the game ball to the whole team for not folding after the first half. They all collected in the 2nd half and showed some medal. Steel metal ! You dent it , bend it ,crinkle it . and it still holds up. We must have an alloy defense. Special game ball to Tomlin for pointing at the camera like he did.

Just for clarification it's mettle.

Craic
12-20-2015, 07:57 PM

Yeah, I can just see how that went . . .

"THEY SHOT ME IN DENVER!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gpOG9K02F_g

steel striker
12-20-2015, 08:13 PM
AB and, the defense in the second half Ben outside of that late pick which I was losing my mind over as well. Ben did play a very good game. Credit just about the whole team in the second half.

Polamalu Princess
12-20-2015, 08:19 PM
I only have one to give and I must give it to Ben. We are so blessed to have him.

cold-hard-steel
12-20-2015, 08:33 PM
Just for clarification it's mettle.

ok

Craic
12-20-2015, 08:36 PM
He's a joke.

Seriously, after taking a team most of us thought would be little better than 8-8 at the end of the season, to 9-5 with two games left and looking to seriously threaten in the playoffs, you're calling Tomlin a joke?

steelcityboyz
12-20-2015, 08:40 PM
Ben and AB enough said.

Steel Peon
12-20-2015, 08:43 PM
Game Goat: Whole team. First Half.

Game Ball: Whole team. Second Half.

I was going to say the same thing.

cold-hard-steel
12-20-2015, 08:51 PM
We all know it is a team win , no one person did it all. I hate this thread. Freakin analysts anyway.That goes double for spell checkers too! Try to pull someone down even though their feeling good. Analysts , did i spell that correctly ?

86WARD
12-20-2015, 08:54 PM
Game ball to Joey.

It pays that he's here. That's one of the reasons I liked that signing. I feel like they need to keep Harrison around for similar reasons.

steelreserve
12-20-2015, 08:58 PM
Game balls: Been, Brown, honorable mention to Wheaton.

Boykin also gets a game ball, not really for any spectacular plays, but for being the one who got Blake the fuck off the field.

Goatse: Blake, Tomlin for STILL continuing to stick with that piece of dogshit as a starter.

SteelMayhem72
12-20-2015, 08:59 PM
Ben,AB, and defense in 2nd half! if ben could erase his wtf boneheaded interception every game we would be the best ever imho!!! those boneheaded interceptions hopefully dont kill us in a game anymore

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

hawaiiansteeler
12-20-2015, 10:02 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CWeI1s0W4AAfdpy.png:small

smokin3000gt
12-20-2015, 10:13 PM
He's a joke.

:rolleyes:

polamalubeast
12-20-2015, 11:16 PM

hawaiiansteeler
12-20-2015, 11:19 PM
We all know it is a team win , no one person did it all. I hate this thread. Freakin analysts anyway.That goes double for spell checkers too! Try to pull someone down even though their feeling good.

Analysts , did i spell that correctly ?

yes, you spelled "analysts" correctly.

but you missed on "Try to pull someone down even though they're feeling good"...:tongue1:

Steeldude
12-21-2015, 12:55 AM

It's pathetic that grown men need to be motivated. You are paid millions to put forth 100% effort on every play. Why does someone need to tell them to try and get their act together? Don't get me wrong, pep talks are good, but they shouldn't be needed.

Didn't Lambert once say he didn't understand why players need to be motivated by another?

Craic
12-21-2015, 01:29 AM
It's pathetic that grown men need to be motivated. You are paid millions to put forth 100% effort on every play. Why does someone need to tell them to try and get their act together? Don't get me wrong, pep talks are good, but they shouldn't be needed.

Didn't Lambert once say he didn't understand why players need to be motivated by another?

Pretty much everyone in this forum are grown men and women, yet look how down they were at halftime. Emotions happen. Circumstances lead to tunnel vision. Motivation and "pep talks" aren't just about Ra! Ra! Ra! They help break a mindset or reset a tone. It's human nature. One that has played itself out from the earliest battlefields of mankind's wars to this afternoon's locker rooms and political rallies, and everything in between.

Edman
12-21-2015, 01:39 AM

What are "human emotions" for 400, Alex.

Craic
12-21-2015, 01:59 AM
What are "human emotions" for 400, Alex.

See, this is the difference between an idiot finishing up a PhD and the average person - Edman said in 7 words what took me 73 words. :doh:

Butch
12-21-2015, 02:58 AM
Goat - Butler for every time he only rushed 3. Every stinking time we only rush 3 we get our butts handed to us and it happened again today. Get after the QB or face the consequences!!!

Game ball - The team that came out of the tunnel in the 2nd 1/2.

NCSteeler
12-21-2015, 02:59 AM
We all know it is a team win , no one person did it all. I hate this thread. Freakin analysts anyway.That goes double for spell checkers too! Try to pull someone down even though their feeling good. Analysts , did i spell that correctly ?

Anal Cysts ????

NCSteeler
12-21-2015, 03:05 AM
Goat - I'm very tempted to give it to Ben for that INT at the end of the Second half. But, as I've said before, you live and die by the gunslinger's mentality. And, while that wasn't slinging the ball, it's still the gambler behind the gunslinger. Nevertheless, he did enough throughout the rest of the game to keep him out of Goatiness.

So, who's my goat? The entire defense, including the coaches. Unbelievable half of football.

Gameball - And here's why I hate Ben so much sometimes . . . because he makes me feel schizophrenic! He's a goat nominee for the game, but doesn't come away with the award. So, instead. . . he ends up with a gameball for shaking off both INTs and hitting big throws, marching the team down the field repeatedly to come back from a 3 score deficit, and pretty much chooses to ignore Denver's big pass rush all game long.

And speaking of schizophrenic, game ball also gets given to the . . . defense and coaches. I literally have never seen such a different and distinct two halfs of football. Not even in the beginning of last year when we barely beat the Browns.

The entire receiving core gets a gameball for a job very well done.

Special Gameball: my Primary Care Doctor for having me on the correct blood pressure medicine, probably preventing a heart attack.

One thing I notice this year, is that Ben is not getting those blindside free rushers totally flooring him. I think given that, he stands in a bit more knowing his guys got his back. The rush still gets there and oline often gets beat, but so cleanly that they allow Ben to get clobbered without seeing it coming

86WARD
12-21-2015, 05:03 AM
One thing I notice this year, is that Ben is not getting those blindside free rushers totally flooring him. I think given that, he stands in a bit more knowing his guys got his back. The rush still gets there and oline often gets beat, but so cleanly that they allow Ben to get clobbered without seeing it coming

I've noticed that too. It seems that it's either he holds the ball too long which is less than in the past but mostly the pocket just collapses around him and engulfs him. From what I can recall...

Steeldude
12-21-2015, 05:37 AM
Pretty much everyone in this forum are grown men and women, yet look how down they were at halftime. Emotions happen. Circumstances lead to tunnel vision. Motivation and "pep talks" aren't just about Ra! Ra! Ra! They help break a mindset or reset a tone. It's human nature. One that has played itself out from the earliest battlefields of mankind's wars to this afternoon's locker rooms and political rallies, and everything in between.

They should have played harder in the 1st half. I'm with Lambert on this one : ) Get a grip on your emotions and earn that absurd salary : )

Count Steeler
12-21-2015, 07:01 AM

Lambert is top shelf, top tier, upper echelon. If you had 53 Lamberts, it would be mass mayhem for the NFL. Unfortunately, he was 1 in a million.

AB strikes me as the same type of attitude. He could be moping around cause he didn't get his salary extension or raise in the off season, but he has put up ridiculous numbers again this year.

SteelMember
12-21-2015, 09:19 AM
AB... that shifty sumbitch

tube517
12-21-2015, 09:44 AM
Special Game ball to Vernon Davis for dropping that 3rd down pass. Where's Mike Singletary at? :chuckle:

Psycho Ward 86
12-21-2015, 11:00 AM
Special Game ball to Vernon Davis for dropping that 3rd down pass. Where's Mike Singletary at? :chuckle:

legend has it that his pants are still down to his ankles to this day

86WARD
12-21-2015, 12:08 PM

Yeah WTF was that? I think he was afraid of Mike Mitchell. That was almost Rick Watters-esque. "For Who For What???"

ALLD
12-21-2015, 03:08 PM

Most players are paid to practice as real men would play the game for free.

tube517
12-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Yeah WTF was that? I think he was afraid of Mike Mitchell. That was almost Rick Watters-esque. "For Who For What???"

I think so, too. Mitchell is an idiot w/the celebrating but he can hit.

CapLovesTroyP43
12-21-2015, 06:00 PM
<<Special Gameball: my Primary Care Doctor for having me on the correct blood pressure medicine, probably preventing a heart attack.>>

Craic I'm sorry you have blood pressure problems but OMG this was REALLY funny!!!! :toofunny:

hawaiiansteeler
12-25-2015, 07:24 PM

Tomlin can't win without Cowher's ex-players giving amazing half time speeches...

cold-hard-steel
12-26-2015, 04:21 PM
Anal Cysts ????

If you have anal cysts i would suggest you see an "ass man" right away .