PDA

View Full Version : DE Tuitt becoming disruptive force after regaining health

stillers4me
12-20-2015, 08:47 AM
Defensive end Stephon Tuitt wasn't overly confident that his injured knee could withstand the pounding when he returned for a Week 9 win over the Oakland Raiders.

Tuitt, who missed two games after suffering a knee strain in a Week 6 victory over Arizona, slowly has worked himself back into form. It took four weeks — including a bye week — for him to regain the confidence that made him one of the Steelers' best pass-rushers.

Still, he said he was about 85 percent in Seattle three weeks ago.

“I felt as if I was good enough to help the team compete,” Tuitt said. “I wasn't 100 percent, but my confidence grew as I started playing more.” ..........

Read more: http://triblive.com/sports/steelers/9637359-74/tuitt-game-denver#ixzz3us9adLyy

tube517
12-20-2015, 09:40 PM
Joe Greene had LC Greenwood.

Aaron Smith had Brett Keisel/Kimo von Oelhoffen

CHey has Tuitt.

katmandu
12-21-2015, 06:27 PM
Joe Greene had LC Greenwood.

Aaron Smith had Brett Keisel/Kimo von Oelhoffen

CHey has Tuitt.....And now we need a REAL disruptive NT to make the DL great again!

Drazo85
12-22-2015, 10:46 AM
....And now we need a REAL disruptive NT to make the DL great again!

How about Andrew Billings from Baylor?

NCSteeler
12-22-2015, 10:50 AM
Man a truly good NT would make this line unbelievable. But before we spend there we need to consider a CB, best available

Craic
12-22-2015, 12:18 PM
Man a truly good NT would make this line unbelievable. But before we spend there we need to consider a CB, best available

Again, I'm not so sold on needing a CB with our first round pick sitting at home recovering from surgery. I'd rather wait and see how he does and spend the first round pick on BAP, or trade it away for a two this year and a two next year, or something (of course, I'm assuming we win the SB here, so we couldn't trade for a lower first!)

Count Steeler
12-22-2015, 05:42 PM
Again, I'm not so sold on needing a CB with our first round pick sitting at home recovering from surgery. I'd rather wait and see how he does and spend the first round pick on BAP, or trade it away for a two this year and a two next year, or something (of course, I'm assuming we win the SB here, so we couldn't trade for a lower first!)

Not to be nitpicky, but Golson was the second round pick. Dupree was the 1st.

hawaiiansteeler
12-22-2015, 06:29 PM
How about Andrew Billings from Baylor?

he would be a great choice, but then you get into the argument of whether in this pass-happy NFL a NT is valuable enough to select in the first round since he's not on the field that much...

Drazo85
12-22-2015, 07:15 PM
he would be a great choice, but then you get into the argument of whether in this pass-happy NFL a NT is valuable enough to select in the first round since he's not on the field that much...
What I can I say, I'm a old fashioned guy.

HollywoodSteel
12-23-2015, 01:17 AM

I don't think we can assume our secondary woes can be fixed with one untested second round corner. Even if he's awesome I'd love to get another one and maybe a really good safety. We potentially have the best team in football if we fix our secondary in the offseason. If anything, this might be a year where moving up to grab the guy we want isn't a bad idea. We could obviously improve in other areas, and depth is always good, but we need to have our eyes on nothing short of the Super Bowl next year. We don't reach for a position of need, we move to get the player we need who actually will be the BPA in that spot.

Mojouw
12-23-2015, 05:09 PM
Here's my thing with BPA versus "need" in the first round. Need gets you Jarvis Jones and Troy Edwards. BPA gets you Shazier, Heyward, Dupree, Heath, Troy etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tube517
03-24-2016, 12:04 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2016/03/stephon-tuitt-appears-to-be-training-james-harrison/

zulater
03-24-2016, 03:28 PM
Cam Heyward really wore down at the end of last season. There was a noticeable drop off in his play. He simply played too many snaps, also he played a great many special teams snaps. I hope they can find a good rotation guy in order to keep Cam fresher.

teegre
03-24-2016, 03:42 PM
Cam Heyward really wore down at the end of last season. There was a noticeable drop off in his play. He simply played too many snaps, also he played a great many special teams snaps. I hope they can find a good rotation guy in order to keep Cam fresher.

Ding, ding, ding!!!

Yes!!! I have been saying this for forever. Heyward played 88% of the snaps, and Tuitt played 78% of the snaps... and, you could see the difference in their play by the end of the season. Likewise, as those two went, so did the defense.

Jarran Reed, Andrew Billings, Kenny Clark, Vernon Butler... a guy who can play NT, but also rotate out at DE.

zulater
03-24-2016, 05:00 PM
Ding, ding, ding!!!

Yes!!! I have been saying this for forever. Heyward played 88% of the snaps, and Tuitt played 78% of the snaps... and, you could see the difference in their play by the end of the season. Likewise, as those two went, so did the defense.

Jarran Reed, Andrew Billings, Kenny Clark, Vernon Butler... a guy who can play NT, but also rotate out at DE.

What round you attach to these guys?

teegre
03-24-2016, 06:05 PM
What round you attach to these guys?

SHORT VERSION:
Those are all guys who could go (I'd like) at 25.

LONG VERSION:
There are guys who could be there at 58, which would be alright if that player was only playing DE or only playing NT. What I want is a guy to play BOTH (NT and also rotate at DE).

The third D-linemen played 60% of the snaps last season... which is a starter (IMO). Sort of like how the slot CB is a starter.

So, again, if we're looking for a guy to only play NT, R2 or R3 is fine. Same goes for a rotational DE. The four guys that I listed can do BOTH... which is what makes them R1-worthy.