PDA

View Full Version : Josh Scobee now says he was hurt in Steelers’ costly loss

hawaiiansteeler
12-19-2015, 01:22 PM
Josh Scobee now says he was hurt in Steelers’ costly loss

Posted by Michael David Smith on December 19, 2015

https://nbcprofootballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2015/10/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpt a2mgq1otyyogyzmjy5mzu5ntfhogiyodm1mgixzdmw-e1443782106185.jpeg?w=250

If the playoffs started today, the Steelers would miss out on a tiebreaker. If they had beaten the Ravens in Week Four, they’d have a one-game lead in the wild card race. And if they had known heading into that Ravens game that kicker Josh Scobee was hurt, they might have won that game.

Scobee missed two field goals in the fourth quarter of a game the Steelers lost to the Ravens in overtime, and he now says he got hurt in practice the day before that game but didn’t tell the team.

“I’m just now healthy enough to where I’m open to going to a new team,” Scobee told the Florida Times Union. “No one really knew about it [the injuries] because I just didn’t talk about it. After I got released, I didn’t talk about it.”

Scobee told the team that he only had a “tweak” of his leg. If the Steelers had known he was injured badly enough that he simply couldn’t be counted on, they surely would have signed another kicker, and likely would have won the game against the Ravens.

“They didn’t know much about it,” he said. “I think they would have made the same decision [about cutting him]. It’s unfortunate, but things happen for a reason.”

Scobee is hoping to return to the NFL. If he does, he’d be wise to be forthright with his next team if he’s too hurt to kick accurately.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/12/19/josh-scobee-now-says-he-was-hurt-in-steelers-costly-loss/

Craic
12-19-2015, 01:32 PM
Well,

Either he's telling the truth, and cost the Steelers a game, for which he'll be disliked even more in Pittsburgh, or he's lying, for which he'll be disliked in Pittsburgh. Not really a smart move, Josh. What other team will pick you up when you potentially will cost them games?

Shoes
12-19-2015, 01:32 PM
How about returning that 2 mil?

polamalubeast
12-19-2015, 01:34 PM
He miss 2 FG in NE too......

Steel Peon
12-19-2015, 01:44 PM
He miss 2 FG in NE too......

Right on, I was thinking the same thing......whatta sacko crap.

st33lersguy
12-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Now he says he was injured and is now feeling better over 2 months after the fact when he's still unemployed trying to get work. Eat shit suckbee

salamander
12-19-2015, 02:01 PM
Sorry, but I call BS.

Craic
12-19-2015, 02:03 PM
Now he says he was injured and is now feeling better over 2 months after the fact when he's still unemployed trying to get work. Eat shit suckbee

Naa, 2 months for a muscle strain makes sense. Those things can last a long time. My problem with Scobee, like others have mentioned, is the FGs he missed before he was injured.

86WARD
12-19-2015, 02:33 PM
I wonder if Jacksonville knew that when he was traded...

Mojouw
12-19-2015, 02:56 PM
This is all pretty predictable. What else would someone who wants back in to the NFL kicking carousel say? I'm old and kinda suck now? But I think I can work past it?

Steelman
12-19-2015, 11:53 PM
He's in the LeGarrette Blount category for me, except maybe worse because we might miss the playoffs because of him.

The good news is we struck gold with Chris Boswell, so I guess that could be a silver lining.

steelreserve
12-20-2015, 12:22 AM
He did mention he was injured, like a week after he was released. That or his agent did. That story was definitely out there.

NCSteeler
12-20-2015, 12:26 AM
Means he can file an injury settlement claim.

JKLTO
12-20-2015, 12:29 AM
I remember there being a story about him being injured during that game published not long after he was released! At the time, people dismissed the injury claim as an excuse that would, theoretically, justify his poor performance and thus, give him a slightly better chance of being picked up by another team. I thought he was full of even then. And my opinion hasn't exactly changed.

Even if he was injured...by not informing the Steelers, it proves that he's a selfish and unreliable player that NO TEAM will ever want to sign ever again! What an idiot. Scobee should have simply owned his mistakes and moved on. Guess his ego is too important.

smokin3000gt
12-20-2015, 02:38 AM
He was either incompetent and unable to kick or stupid and selfish by not making coach aware that he was injured so the team could make the necessary adjustments. Either way he fucked up and cost us the game(s). Good luck scooby, you're done.