PDA

View Full Version : Steelers WR Antonio Brown Fined For Fight In Bengals Game

polamalubeast
12-16-2015, 12:25 PM
http://www.steelersdepot.com/2015/12/report-steelers-wr-antonio-brown-fined-for-fighting/

fansince'76
12-16-2015, 12:36 PM

Of course nothing on Burfict. SMH.

86WARD
12-16-2015, 01:28 PM
Oh for fuck sake...

86WARD
12-16-2015, 01:48 PM
After reviewing play in question, NFL will not fine Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict for his hit on Ben Roethlisberger, per agent Audie Attar.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/677212871604989952

tube517
12-16-2015, 01:54 PM
I don't want to hear anyone defend Goodhell or the league. It's all on tape. Three incidents this year and no fines.

It's clear anyone can take a shot at Ben and he won't get the penalties or fines while that chowderhead cheating pussy in foxboro gets all the calls.

steel striker
12-16-2015, 02:02 PM
Christ Brown gets fined and, Burfict does not! Art & Dan need to have a sit down with Worthless Roger!

Drazo85
12-16-2015, 02:24 PM
They fired Arians to protect Ben, now they must do something or Ben is going to get killed. This is a trend now, and the league is giving free pass to everyone who takes shot at Bens knees. Barron, Burfict get away with it, and im affraid we will see something similar in next few weeks.

tube517
12-16-2015, 02:27 PM
They fired Arians to protect Ben, now they must do something or Ben is going to get killed. This is a trend now, and the league is giving free pass to everyone who takes shot at Bens knees. Barron, Burfict get away with it, and im affraid we will see something similar in next few weeks.

Don't forget Bennett hit him helmet to helmet and no fine.

Craic
12-16-2015, 02:36 PM

Of course nothing on Burfict. SMH.

I have no problem with Brown being fined for fighting. I have a huge problem with Burfict not being fined.

cold-hard-steel
12-16-2015, 02:42 PM
Ire can inspire us. Let it go.So many things in life you can't control.What the Steelers can control is to maybe play them one more time. Not like they didn't have a reason before,but the ohhhh boyyy, have one now thing is surfacing. Guys just walk away . Just walk away cause it's about to get ugly.

steelreserve
12-16-2015, 02:43 PM
After reviewing play in question, NFL will not fine Bengals LB Vontaze Burfict for his hit on Ben Roethlisberger, per agent Audie Attar.

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/677212871604989952

I mean, forget that - how about for when he kicked a guy in the head? Or for when tried to start a fight before the game? Or any of the dozen or so other instances when he was a hotheaded poor sport who was out of control trying to injure people, start fights, or generally cause shit?

It was obvious what the guy was up to the entire game; it was a lapse on the part of the officials that they didn't put a stop to it then, and beyond embarrassing that the league basically puts its stamp of approval on that kind of behavior now.

I know some idiot Bengals fan will read this and say "waaaaaah - butthurt Steelers fan!" But really? Do we have anything to be butthurt about? Burfict didn't actually succeed in injuring anyone, and they lost the game. He just behaved like a fucking asshole all day, and if it was one of our guys acting like that, I'd be embarrassed about it, not to mention wishing he'd knock it off before he got some stupid penalty.

ALLD
12-16-2015, 02:48 PM
Inconsistency will only cause more problems among the refs. They need to simplify the rules and then enforce those rules with an eye in the sky.

zulater
12-16-2015, 02:49 PM
Antonio Brown gets fined for a slap that wouldn't knock a fly off a horses ass.

Meanwhile Burflic gets a free pass on a cheap shot that could have ended a star players season! :huh:

They say we're paranoid. I say eff that, :flipoff: this proves the league really does have it in for the Steelers. Beg Ben in particular. God I hope we win another Lombardi in Ben's career. What could be greater than asshat Roger having to hand over the Lombardi and better yet game MVP award to Ben?

fansince'76
12-16-2015, 03:15 PM
For as many times as they've carried water for this worthless asshole of a commissioner in the past, I blame the Rooneys for this more than anyone else at this point.

steelreserve
12-16-2015, 03:28 PM
What could be greater than asshat Roger having to hand over the Lombardi and better yet game MVP award to Ben?

Well, for starts ... some other commissioner handing over the trophy, because they finally got rid of the incompetent one.

fansince'76
12-16-2015, 03:30 PM
What could be greater than asshat Roger having to hand over the Lombardi and better yet game MVP award to Ben?

Watching Harrison shove it up Goodell's ass sideways on live TV...

I also take this complete inaction by the league as a license to have someone cut Burfict at the knees the next time the Steelers and Bengals play. If the league isn't going to do something about that asshat, then the players need to take matters into their own hands.

hawaiiansteeler
12-16-2015, 03:33 PM
http://i.kinja-img.com/gawker-media/image/upload/s--X0pcuI4x--/c_scale,fl_progressive,q_80,w_800/1807p7ici6o6kjpg.jpg

JKLTO
12-16-2015, 03:34 PM
Total bullshit.

This is basically saying to anyone in this league with a vested interest in hurting Ben to "Go ahead!" and "Have fun!" I truly fear for Ben's health for the remaining games.

fansince'76
12-16-2015, 03:38 PM
Total bullshit.

This is basically saying to anyone in this league with a vested interest in hurting Ben to "Go ahead!" and "Have fun!" I truly fear for Ben's health for the remaining games.

Our players are going to have to become enforcers. If the NFL isn't going to do something about it, then they will start to have to.

JKLTO
12-16-2015, 03:44 PM
Our players are going to have to become enforcers. If the NFL isn't going to do something about it, then they will start to have to.

Agreed. As Tomlin recently stated: "We're going to defend ourselves aggressively."

He may have to back that up by taking whatever action he can as an NFL coach to keep Ben from receiving any suspiciously 'unfortunate' injuries going forward.

Steelman
12-16-2015, 04:19 PM
I guess I shouldn't be surprised, but damn. This is just unbelievably stupid.

Moose
12-16-2015, 04:20 PM
Maybe Tomlin, Rooney's and front office ought to start 'Manning UP' and raising some HELL about our player's getting crapped on constantly ! Grow some BALLS and start kicking some dust like you know Marcia Brady and Bellycheat would do. Quit being so nice and quiet. Sickening.

Craic
12-16-2015, 04:30 PM

Absolutely.

I'd love to see the exact same tackle on the Bengals QB in the playoffs, and then sit back and watch the results.

steelreserve
12-16-2015, 04:33 PM

Watching Harrison shove it up Goodell's ass sideways on live TV...

If a championship trophy actually got shoved up Goodell's ass sideways, my only regret would be that we don't play in the NHL.

zulater
12-16-2015, 04:46 PM
If a championship trophy actually got shoved up Goodell's ass sideways, my only regret would be that we don't play in the NHL.

The Woodlawn Vase, the trophy they give to the Preakness winner is the widest trophy awarded in sports. I'd go with that. :heh:

steelreserve
12-16-2015, 05:05 PM
The Woodlawn Vase, the trophy they give to the Preakness winner is the widest trophy awarded in sports. I'd go with that. :heh:

It's only like 3/4 of an inch taller than the Stanley Cup, though. I'd stick with Lord Stanley for the name recognition.

As long as we're talking about shoving trophies up people's asses, I think the MLB World Series trophy would be a pretty good one with all the flags, and the Premier League one would be acceptable as well. Hopefully they could find a way to do all of them at once.

Man, did this thread get derailed. :)

hawaiiansteeler
12-16-2015, 05:12 PM
It's only like 3/4 of an inch taller than the Stanley Cup, though. I'd stick with Lord Stanley for the name recognition.

As long as we're talking about shoving trophies up people's asses, I think the MLB World Series trophy would be a pretty good one with all the flags, and the Premier League one would be acceptable as well. Hopefully they could find a way to do all of them at once.

Man, did this thread get derailed. :)

I think this trophy would fit nicely:

http://www.challengetrophies.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/12/costa.jpg

hawaiiansteeler
12-16-2015, 05:29 PM
Maybe Tomlin, Rooney's and front office ought to start 'Manning UP' and raising some HELL about our player's getting crapped on constantly ! Grow some BALLS and start kicking some dust like you know Marcia Brady and Bellycheat would do. Quit being so nice and quiet. Sickening.

here's a pic of what Belicheat would look like if anyone went down on Marcia:

https://s.yimg.com/nn/fp/rsz/121615/images/smush/pats_635x250_1450293235.jpeg.jpg

st33lersguy
12-16-2015, 05:39 PM
The league has zero integrity

salamander
12-16-2015, 06:17 PM
I would say unbelievable....but I'm not the least bit surprised that Burfict got NOTHING.

st33lersguy
12-16-2015, 06:21 PM
This is nothing more than a case of sour grapes from a salty Steeler hater who is upset that the Steelers won

steelerdude15
12-16-2015, 06:26 PM
If the Steelers meet the Bengals in the playoffs, I hope this would give the Steelers motivation to rip them to shreds... on the scoreboard.

Butch
12-16-2015, 07:13 PM
Get a lawyer and fight the way the league is so inconsistent. Bring the hammer down on go to hell and the rest of this bull crap league.

NCSteeler
12-16-2015, 08:10 PM

This! Only thing that will fix this is a full court press with major markets ESPN, Inside the NFL, fox sports, interviews with Rooneys, coach tomlin, players hell Bens wife for Peter sake. They cannot criticize refs, but they can and should question the league office on a very public stage about the obvious inequities in discipline.

Matter of fact if Ben gets hurt on a shit plAy his people should sue the league and build a case that the league created a work environment that caused the injury. There are lots of workplace rules and laws that could be called

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Count Steeler
12-16-2015, 08:28 PM
Did the Bengals player also get fined?

Craic
12-16-2015, 09:17 PM
Did the Bengals player also get fined?

That's a good question. I don't know the rules, but Brown did throw the first punch (slap). In hockey, it'd be called the instigator rule. So, maybe he gets fined more, or gets the fine for instigating. Who knows.

Count Steeler
12-16-2015, 09:34 PM
That's a good question. I don't know the rules, but Brown did throw the first punch (slap). In hockey, it'd be called the instigator rule. So, maybe he gets fined more, or gets the fine for instigating. Who knows.

And that is my main problem. NO consistency from game to game, week to week. Some crews are holding call happy, some crews are PI happy, some crews are totally out to lunch. It is getting really tiring to watch a play and then wait and see if the yellow "flag" moniker gets put up on the TV. It's to the point where I can't celebrate a play until 5 seconds after because I am always waiting to see if some ref has decided to call a foul. And, more and more, it is usually a head scratcher.

I think it is intentional as well. More and more, it is like the reffing in WWE. You know when the ref is going to get caught looking the other way.

86WARD
01-02-2016, 07:45 PM
BTW - Where was the fine for the uniform violation??

http://static.nfl.com/static/content/public/pg-photo/2015/12/20/0ap3000000605748/broncos-steelers-football-antonio-brown-chris-harris_pg_600.jpg