PDA

View Full Version : Shazier & Ben get top PFF grades vs Bengals

hawaiiansteeler
12-15-2015, 01:43 PM
Shazier & Ben get top PFF grades vs Bengals

https://usatsteelerswire.files.wordpress.com/2015/12/483619854.jpg?w=1000

Pittsburgh Steelers linebacker Ryan Shazier has been quiet since coming back from a shoulder injury that cost him Weeks 3-6. He looked much stronger in the Steelers’ 33-20 win over the Cincinnati Bengals, and he earned the team’s highest individual grade from Pro Football Focus.

Shazier was given a 3.2 overall grade, the highest the site has given him in his career, mostly due to an outstanding performance in terms of coverage. The Bengals had little to go on offensively, and their 20-point output includes a garbage time touchdown pass from A.J. McCarron to Rex Burkhead.

Ben Roethlisberger’s 1.8 and David DeCastro’s 1.7 were the highest grades among the Steelers’ offensive players in a game they really didn’t earn high marks overall. Conversely, the Bengals had two players on defense who were graded above 3.0 (Geno Atkins at 3.5 and Carlos Dunlap at 3.3), and the highest grade of the day went to right guard Kevin Zeitler, who had a 5.7.

Cornerback Will Gay (1.6) and James Harrison (1.0) rounded out the top scores on defense. Roethlisberger and DeCastro were the only two offensive players in the green. Heath Miller (-1.9) and Cody Wallace (-1.5) were the lowest on offense. Antwon Blake (-2.8) and Mike Mitchell (-2.7) were the lowest graded players on defense.

to read rest of article:

http://steelerswire.usatoday.com/2015/12/14/steelers-bengals-week-14-grades-pro-football-focus/

tube517
12-15-2015, 01:53 PM
Antwon Blake (-2.8) and Mike Mitchell (-2.7) were the lowest graded players on defense.

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU2gQbjCEbUE8_zaMXh5-3jIdGx9jeOGL78KmTI74d7YySQnotaAswCf4

Psycho Ward 86
12-15-2015, 03:08 PM
wow Antwon Blake isnt in the negative double digits this week? This is why i dont trust PFF :lol:

hawaiiansteeler
12-15-2015, 03:58 PM
wow Antwon Blake isnt in the negative double digits this week? This is why i dont trust PFF :lol:

yeah, Blake having only a -2.8 score this past game probably dramatically improved his PFF grade for the season...

tube517
12-15-2015, 04:04 PM
yeah, Blake having only a -2.8 score this past game probably dramatically improved his PFF grade for the season...

His PFF grades are worse than the "square root club" in college

GoSlash27
12-15-2015, 05:23 PM
Wait... Heath Miller got 10 receptions for 66 yards and they scored him negative??
I don't think this "PFF" thing is legit. :ranger:

teegre
12-15-2015, 05:38 PM
Wait... Heath Miller got 10 receptions for 66 yards and they scored him negative??

Exactly

zulater
12-15-2015, 05:47 PM

Yeah I noticed that too. They downgraded him on his blocking. The highest graded player in the game for either team was Geno Atkins. He had all of one tackle for the game. In fact Carlos Dunlap was the second highest graded player in the game. Go figure? And yeah I understand interior DL often make an impact on a play without getting in on the tackle. But in the first half, when the games outcome was hinged on every possession the Steelers moved the ball up and down the field pretty much at will. Were it not for a crackback call against Antonio Brown and an inexplicable missed interference call in the end zone the Steelers most likely score 17 first half points. Yeah they were great. :sarcasm:

86WARD
12-15-2015, 06:05 PM
The grading on blocking is a bit of a joke IMO. They don't know what the blocking scheme or lineman's assignment's are to give an accurate grade on a guy because the obviously don't know exactly what the guy should be doing.